Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Zen's skin looks like it should only be a purple in which case if what people are saying is true just 750 overbux and you can have it no matter how bad your luck is.

motherfuckin YOINK and now i have a reason to spend 3000 CP on gold balls too :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRjIDQ6cWLs

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's live at least for moi

edit: free loot box and dope new UI!

happy to report Skullyatta is indeed 750

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It is absolutely a missed opportunity to not at least give his balls a pumpkin paint job or something, pretty sloppy Blizzard.

Also remember that in that Sombra spoiler that talked about the zomnic/horde mode (assuming that poo poo's real) that it mentioned earning points of some kind, with more points earned for higher difficulty, so if that's actually a thing that's happening then maybe that's going to be a way to earn some seasonal funbucks as well.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
where's the widowmaker waifu, cause i just saw this and lmbo

https://twitter.com/videogamecrush/status/785894342502195200

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So is anyone seeing anything yet? I guess there is still at least 15 minutes till it launches.
edit: Nevermind, i see an update

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

new UI (dont laugh at my scores you pricks)

wow, they added leaderboards

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you should be able to download the patch on ps4 now as well

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wow, it's like they put all their effort in the Mercy, Junkrat, and Reaper Halloween skins. Everyone else? Ehh, give em like gray skin or whatever. gently caress it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Wow, it's like they put all their effort in the Mercy, Junkrat, and Reaper Halloween skins. Everyone else? Ehh, give em like gray skin or whatever. gently caress it.

That's basically how it went with the Summer Games event. Three heroes got actual new skins, anyone else just got recolors.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The brawl is fun. Going for highscores with friends sounds neat.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Kai Tave posted:

That's basically how it went with the Summer Games event. Three heroes got actual new skins, anyone else just got recolors.

At least with the summer games they got their home country colors. Here it's just gray.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

no one buy poo poo until the last day

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Hackan Slash posted:

At least with the summer games they got their home country colors. Here it's just gray.

Counterargument: Thriller 76 is pretty good, as is Tombstone Bastion.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Summer Games worked the same way, with three characters getting Legendary skins and various others just getting Epics (Rare skins are recolours, Epics are recolours with a little extra flair, and Legendaries are outright new models).

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Zen's skin looks like it should only be a purple in which case if what people are saying is true just 750 overbux and you can have it no matter how bad your luck is.
Oh wow, yeah, the update just went through and I can buy it. Cool!

Not gonna buy it until closer to the end of the event, but still that's a huge relief.

Hackan Slash posted:

Zenyatta's black with a skeleton painted on him. It's awesome. :colbert:

And some of us like gray. I was entirely disinterested in basically every sports skin (with the exception of a few nice national recolors), but pretty much all these ridiculous dumb spooky skins are to my liking.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Stuck at work till this evening. Any word on PTR or Sombra yet?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

considering all the halloween stuff is leaking without a single peep on sombra signs point to "no sombra"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://my.mixtape.moe/iyxjdp.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/pymdbo.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/zydqeh.webm

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 11, 2016

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Cowcaster posted:

considering all the halloween stuff is leaking without a single peep on sombra signs point to "no sombra"

Figured Sombra would be confined to PTR, didn't know if that was up yet.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Hughmoris posted:

I'd rather play against 100 Mei's than one good Tracer. I hate Tracer.

"A good tracer is loving annoying" is probably the best way to describe her playstyle.

Your job is to run around in the backfield, pepper the lighter people, especially mercy, and use the tanks to build ult so you can run into the crowd and stick your bomb on someone and laughing.

The thing that separates a good tracer from a bad tracer is generally which direction you blink.

Good tracers generally blink sideways, not back.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Every direction of blinking is useful, that's not really how you distinguish it. The question(s) are do they blink predictably, can they notice in a 1v1 the exact moment when their opponent starts tracking them, can they blink backwards into a health pack without looking and still shoot at the guy in front of them, do they waste blinks on geometry, do they go into fights with at least one blink banked...

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sombra's countdown hits 100% on Monday at noon pacific time. I wouldn't expect any kind of deets until at least then, unless a leaker circumvents Blizzard's plans.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
holy poo poo the brawl holy poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Good tracers generally blink sideways, not back.

really bad opinion

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

holy poo poo the brawl holy poo poo

Expand.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
The new brawl is a fairly basic horde mode. Ana, Hanzo, McCree & 76 vs Junkenstein's minions. Theres 3 difficulties and medium was super easy until the last fight so I'm kind of curious about hard mode.

I'm really curious what other events will have if they're all on the level of the summer game & halloween brawls.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

post is up https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20309338

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

RCarr posted:

Expand.

well its horde mode versus "zomnics" and boss enemies in the form of junkrat, reaper, roadhog, and mercy where your team is composed of ana, mcree, soldier, and hanzo

its really really fun

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Can you buy the holiday skins with coins?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

creatine posted:

Yep
3k for legendaries, 750 for epic

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

creatine posted:

Yes, at triple their normal rate.

It looks like this has been extended to the Summer ones too for when that event rolls round again.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Zanael posted:

Yep
3k for legendaries, 750 for epic

Which ones are legendary?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

creatine posted:

Which ones are legendary?

The ones that are new models (Junkrat, Mercy, Reaper, Roadhog). Epics are the retextures.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i must have that Roadhog skin

im so happy my gfx card is basically dead as of last night

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I can't even play at the moment due to server connection issues. A sad day. Will try again later.

Whilst I wait though, do you get anything for doing the brawl? Regular exp? Event coins? Something else?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Redundant posted:

I can't even play at the moment due to server connection issues. A sad day. Will try again later.

Whilst I wait though, do you get anything for doing the brawl? Regular exp? Event coins? Something else?

diarrhea

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Redundant posted:

"points" which as of yet either don't do anything, or I haven't seen a use. There's a fifth star that's "locked" but that may be by difficulty.

There is an achievement for beating it though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So all the skins are buyable but poses emotes etc aren't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Where are all the people who whined about Bli$$ards lovely business practices in regards to event skins?