Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I think it's more with Henkaku and cheap PSTVs demand has gone up. Though somehow it wouldn't shock me if they stopped making them because that's a perfect Sony thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vita memory cards are now "not available online" from either Gamestop or Best Buy.

edit: Stanos is probably right, it's probably because demand is so high, those memory cards are just flying off the shelves faster than Sony can make them. It's definitely not that retailers stopped ordering them months ago and nobody noticed until now

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 11, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A walmart connected warehouse worker posted the replinishment had stopped on all Sony produced vita products. They didn't want to risk their job as proof but had been talking about Fire Emblem stock issues before.

Amazon also doesn't have new cards for sale.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

How long before the Vita/SD-Card connector gets completed? Sounds like that's the last resort for a lot of us.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RichDevX/status/780499045127192578

They're working on it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Good gravy that looks complicated.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/785805453645062145

And Valkyrie Drive continues topping sales charts left and right. Granted, is not that hard to do but still.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it good

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, "best-selling Vita game right now" is not the best metric when #7 is "Invizimals: The Alliance".

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, "best-selling Vita game right now" is not the best metric when #7 is "Invizimals: The Alliance".

I didn't even know there was a Blops for Vita

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Better than Senran Kagura.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

that doesn't answer the question at all

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

I didn't even know there was a Blops for Vita

It was included in the $199 holiday 2012 bundle with a memory card.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Are there any connections to the anime?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

kojei posted:

that doesn't answer the question at all

Quoting the impressions from a buddy with far better way with words than me

quote:

VD feels more like "what if we made SK but good", the gameplay in concept is quite similar to Estival Versus and other SK games in the same style, but it makes good decisions when it comes to the design of the combat unlike SK so everything feels better.

You actually require some sort of skill to input the incredibly important air combos, nerfing them significantly. Attacks don't launch enemies automatically, launchers have their own dedicated button, and the dash to get near them is something you have to charge (hold X for about half a second in order to do it).

Combos feel more robust and attack windows leave time for proper input, and the game feels rewarding if you're playing it that way instead of button mashing. The transformation system got greatly improved, too; now you have 4 levels of upgrades, each with their own special attack and more complex combos. The number of playable characters might not be as big as SK, but it was a tradeoff to give each character depth, and it succeeds at it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are there any connections to the anime?

Only that the main characters are DLC for the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Also #6 is the 4 year old COD vita game lol

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
NISA sale this week. Some good deals including Stranger of Sword City, ZHP, Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss, Disgaea series, and Grand Kingdom. Might pick up Grand Kingdom, need to check out reviews.

EDIT: NISA sale for those at work:

Cladun (PSP) – $2.99, $1.99
Cladux x2 (PSP) – $3.74, $2.24
Criminal Girls: Invite Only – $14.99, $11.99
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair – $23.99, $19.99
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls – $23.99, $19.99
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc – $23.99, $19.99
Demon Gaze – $19.99, $15.99
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP) – $9.99, $7.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention – $19.99, $15.99
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited – $19.99, $15.99
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP) – $7.49, $5.99
Disgaea Infinite (PSP) – $4.49, $2.99
Grand Kingdom – $25.99, $21.99
Natural Doctrine – $11.99, $7.99
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy – $19.99, $15.99
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (PSP) – $2.99, $1.99
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness – $27.99, $23.99
Stranger of Sword City – $19.99, $15.99
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?! 2 (PSP) – $1.99, $1.19
ZHP (PSP) – $9.99, $7.99

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Also #6 is the 4 year old COD vita game lol

The Uncharted game that's #6 on Amazon is 5 years old

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Quoting the impressions from a buddy with far better way with words than me

Only that the main characters are DLC for the game.

Air combos aren't important at all, you can beat the entire game mashing the square button and using your supers on bosses, the only time this changes are the multi target bosses where you have to mash square on a particular part of them.
I agree that it's better than all of the SK games mechanically, but that's a not a high bar to pass and characters and story are mostly worse.
Like it's not an awful game and I played it for 25 hours to beat the whole story but presenting it as having any sort of depth is exaggeration at best.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mortal Kombat for Vita is 5 bucks and is also a fantastic port of the PS3/360 game. I highly recommend it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Has anyone tried Actual Sunlight?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Uncharted game that's #6 on Amazon is 5 years old

Hey, good games don't stop being good. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anora posted:

I got sunburnt but I also saw some fish so it's impossible to tell if the outdoors are good or not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anora posted:

I played for thirty seconds then threw up all over my Vita and deleted it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I remember Actual Sunlight being made by a goon in... 2012? It was PC-only at the time. Its theme was about depression and I remember some people in the forum liking it and others scoffing at its premise/graphics. Isn't it "free" with Plus? Try it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Kirios posted:

Mortal Kombat for Vita is 5 bucks and is also a fantastic port of the PS3/360 game. I highly recommend it.
Just got it during lunch break and it's pretty dope! A portable MK9 basically gives me everything I want in a portable fighting game... tons of single player stuff to do, flexible time commitment, gamepad-friendly control setup (compared to the anime fighters more common on Vita, at least), and perhaps most importantly a constant drip of unlockables.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Buy Dragon Quest Builders you fucks. It's so good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anora posted:

It's game about depression. Very realistic. Good for trophies. Not much replayability.

Also I knew those forum replies looked familiar...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/786959769839935490

Finally. After this I can retire my Vita.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm in need of some anti-depressant to get me off my PS4 dying on the day of coming home with PSVR. Which games cheer you up and work on (European) PSTV?

Love: everything about Atelier Ayesha / good music and writing / framerates that behave better than those in New Little Kings Story / genuinely great addictive gameplay / cute things

Could not love: every Atelier that followed, not tried Sophie / predictable storybeats and substandard music / the two otomegames from PS+ IGC these last two months / games with art that put you on a watchlist / grimdark raw gory stories

Trails of Steel (1) is on a 48% sale on the EU store until the 20th but I am not sure about it, the final game I wrapped up completion-wise on PS3 was Atelier Ayesha and I could do the Plus version if it performs just as well. Got the final dungeon left in Curse of The Curry God and I love everything about it but the framerate (great roguelike despite the anime, it's conscious of itself), got nowhere in P4G because it feels like a grind-crawler when I want the grind as an aside, also got an SFC with Everdrive and a PVM for tons of old games to go through.Hurm.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MrLonghair posted:

I'm in need of some anti-depressant to get me off my PS4 dying on the day of coming home with PSVR.

Put your pstv on psvr via pass through and play p4golden.

Other anti depressants: 4k TV and pspro.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh thank god

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just bought the ps3 version rip me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

your sacrifice will not be forgotten

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Buying Odin Sphere Leifthrasir has made me go back to Muramasa (so I don't have three separate Vanillaware games half-finished) and I'd forgotten how much I like that game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ceramics posted:

Buy Dragon Quest Builders you fucks. It's so good.

this. play dqb instead of those awful titty games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

play both

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

limaCAT posted:

Put your pstv on psvr via pass through and play p4golden.

Oh I'm 24 hours ahead on that and it is beautiful, like a cinema-screen sized OLED

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MrLonghair posted:

Oh I'm 24 hours ahead on that and it is beautiful, like a cinema-screen sized OLED

This is crazy but I kinda want to do it now

Especially since PSTV looks ugly on my big TV to begin with, so not much is lost on the conversion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

CrashCat posted:

This is crazy but I kinda want to do it now

Especially since PSTV looks ugly on my big TV to begin with, so not much is lost on the conversion

The 544p to 720p PSTV does is ugly on all my screens but it's all good and quite natural this way, and then my regular video scaler; it doesn't make the prettiest looks with the 2D consoles I put in but they are perfect through PSVR.