Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Murrrrrrrg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo what a face

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, why are they living together instead of with their families? Awesome heck, guess I shouldn't question Hell logic.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That last panel would make for solid gold avatar material.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Gotta make do!

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=437-goofing-around

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That is how Drake feels all the time

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:3:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The hearts underneath the eyes mean that she's killed, but is also a cutie-patootie. :3:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/
Best frens :3:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Theory: Satan is shipping trash and that's why Pasq and Allie have a room together.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if the aurora lightbulb was a lamp you could have pasquelo say "I love lamp" in a dumb voice, hahaha... just a lil suggestion :D

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
look at these loving idiots sleeping with the light on

wait

is there no lightswitch, is that light always on?

THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT HELL

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Slime posted:

look at these loving idiots sleeping with the light on

wait

is there no lightswitch, is that light always on?

THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT HELL
it's Aurora dude

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's Aurora dude

Haha, nice!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This is really sweet, I love it. I also love how the art of this comic has really come into it's own, who would have thought drawing every day for three years would do that? :cheeky:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hey wasn't Allison's counterpart in Goddamnit in love with Pasq? Every once in a while I notice a couple of nods to that comic which has convinced me that Gob is being a bit coy when he says there's no real connection to It Hurts.

Also, wasn't that series drawn in a similar style to Hell, with the fuzzy borders and crayon? As they've gotten to hell, the connections seem to have increased. I wouldn't be surprised if Hell served as the sort of nexus between the two timelines, and Goddamnit is sort of seeping in to It Hurts.

The last bit I have regarding this is that in both comics, Pasq wants to go up the stairs to heaven which are guarded by demons, or demon, anyway. But one Pasq wants to punch god and the other Pasq wants God back.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
One popular theory I see go around is that at the end of Goddammit Pasqualo was reborn as Aurora in It Hurts!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:unsmigghh:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=440-insomnia

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Pasqy's a professional puss hound. :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That closeup of Ally :barf:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

we wouldn't want to forget that she is a disgusting and incredibly filthy young child at all times, even after death

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Also for a bit of crossposting, something beautiful in BravestoftheLamps broke and now he's altering Strong Female Protagonist strips with It Hurts dialogue, and it's magnificent.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ManlyGrunting posted:

Also for a bit of crossposting, something beautiful in BravestoftheLamps broke and now he's altering Strong Female Protagonist strips with It Hurts dialogue, and it's magnificent.

I must know more.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Wicker Man posted:

I must know more.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ManlyGrunting posted:

Whoa wait wow that's uncanny

Edit: get BotL on the horn, we need more of these stat

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

ManlyGrunting posted:

I know nothing of the original strips but I need more of these.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Laputanmachine posted:

I know nothing of the original strips but I need more of these.

its a comic book about super man as a liberal 20 year old slowly turning to fascism

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Um excuse me it is clearly about the merits of a good dick-in-in-the-rear end rape joke

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

violent sex idiot posted:

its a comic book about super man as a liberal 20 year old slowly turning to fascism

It's also incredibly bad and ham fisted

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's also incredibly bad and ham fisted

don't tell anyone in the thread that.

nevermind a good portion of the thread realizes the comic is real bad.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 11, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It is a tale of a man named Clevin.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's a comic that means well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RandomPauI posted:

It's a comic that means well.

It's also extremely bad and recently pulled a Dominic Deegan-esque rape-not-rape

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SFP started pretty good, if a bit preachy, and explored the whole What Can Superman Really Do For Humanity, then it hit a pretty bad arc and seems to be going downhill ever since. Also it's the definition of :words:.

Also the hero girl is also called Allison.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dias posted:

SFP started pretty good, if a bit preachy, and explored the whole What Can Superman Really Do For Humanity, then it hit a pretty bad arc and seems to be going downhill ever since. Also it's the definition of :words:.

Also the hero girl is also called Allison.

someone should do K6BD edits for it

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's also extremely bad and recently pulled a Dominic Deegan-esque rape-not-rape

Wasn't the Dominic Deegan thing actually having sex with someone against their will (aka rape) but for some convoluted reason it was meant to save the rape victim's life, while the SFP thing was twisting someone's arm behind their back to force them to go and use their superhuman powers to help someone?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

team overhead smash posted:

Wasn't the Dominic Deegan thing actually having sex with someone against their will (aka rape) but for some convoluted reason it was meant to save the rape victim's life, while the SFP thing was twisting someone's arm behind their back to force them to go and use their superhuman powers to help someone?

The author did these panels and then got pissy when people pointed out that the dialogue and actions had clear parallels with sexual assault because Allison is perfect and good and justified in everything.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A big flaming stink posted:

someone should do K6BD edits for it

Beaten to the punch

But I think I might have gotten SFP edits out of my system after the last one.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

team overhead smash posted:

Yes, Mookie noticed there were a lot of stories with a heroic character who had done something bad in their past that they had to atone for, but it was always theft or murder. He thought, "what about a heroic rapist?" and then went on to put a character in an extremely contrived situation where he had to either have sex with an unwilling girl or watch her be put to death. (And so he was therefore coerced into doing it, rather than acting on his own impulse.) Anyway it was handled with all the ham-handed grace Mookie is known for, and gave us jazzhands.gif.

And jazzhands.gif, just like loss.jpg, is a gift that keeps giving:

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also when the victim and her friend were angry at the rapist it turned out to only be because a demon was making them be.

• Locked thread