Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

midwest rules

minnesota rules, esp minneapolis and st. paul, amazing performance art there and fishing to die for most of the year, even for a good while after it gets cold

chicago rules, great food and tons of awesome history, and delightful sailing on the lake

kansas city rules, best food and beer anywhere (i'd seriously take a KC brewery over any SF one and best steaks on the loving planet) and wilderness trails to hike that explode in color and life like 10 out of the 12 months of the year and lay the lie to 'it's just flat & boring :derp:'

all hail the midwest

kcmo has 54th street bar & grill and they have gringo dip

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fits my needs posted:

No it's not. It's filled with garbage people that force the Somalis into ghettos and force them to join Al Shabab and ISIS due to racism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

it seems you were the garbage people all along

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Hannity has Cathy Shelton on the show - She's the woman who was raped at 12, and Hillary defended her rapist.

He opened it up by playing a tape of Hillary giving a run down of the case, she laughs a few times during the tape, I couldn't make much of it out since the quality is garbage and I'm half paying attention.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Only state in the union that didn't vote for Reagan in 1984, one of only six that didn't in 1980.

Best state.

e: 2/7 if you count DC I guess.

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 11, 2016

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I thought the Somali communities were doing well overall in Minnesota?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Studio posted:

Minnesota owns. Minneapolis is super segregated tho.

St. Paul too. By design.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Studio posted:

They are.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

St. Paul too. By design.

What's St. Paul??? :confused:.

Also: :smith:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
the deleted tweet from earlier

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fits my needs posted:

No it's not. It's filled with garbage people that force the Somalis into ghettos and force them to join Al Shabab and ISIS due to racism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Man, I didn't know that I lived in a ghetto. I'm white as gently caress, but most of my neighbors are Somali and they own bones and this neighborhood owns bones.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Montasque posted:

Hannity has Cathy Shelton on the show - She's the woman who was raped at 12, and Hillary defended her rapist.

He opened it up by playing a tape of Hillary giving a run down of the case, she laughs a few times during the tape, I couldn't make much of it out since the quality is garbage and I'm half paying attention.

hosed up that public defenders exist

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Zeroisanumber posted:

Man, I didn't know that I lived in a ghetto. I'm white as gently caress, but most of my neighbors are Somali and they own bones and this neighborhood owns bones.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Studio posted:

Minnesota as a whole has some real bad racial income/wealth inequality though =/. Something we're working on!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

TwinsensRevenge posted:

what? the best possible outcome is Trump wins because then he has unbelievable access to the President of the United States. what would his overjoyed supporters do? stop reading breitbart? lol, a Trump win would cause Breitbart to blow up in popularity.

do I think he thinks Trump has a good enough shot at this point? probably not, and I think he's influencing the campaign to go hard right because of this, but I don't think its because he didn't want Trump to win.

Anger drives more viewers/clicks than winning though. These right wing media outlets do better under democratic presidents than republican ones:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

how exactly did obama win indiana in 08 again

some weird fluke of him being from a neighboring state? the libertarian candidate spoilered mccain? mitch daniels won by a lot the same year. redstate says it was because mccain wasn't conservative enough but i dont htink that checks out.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

Anger drives more viewers/clicks than winning though. These right wing media outlets do better under democratic presidents than republican ones:

The entire TV industry is dying, that's why all lines are trickling down.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Regarding parts of the Midwest:

If the rest of the Ozarks was filled with accepting people like the citizens of Eureka Springs, Arkansas then it would be a great region to live in.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

kcmo has 54th street bar & grill and they have gringo dip

edit:

and anton's taproom, the steak joint with like 25 local taps and their own butchering facilities on site, so the meat is perfectly fresh and can be prepared with bone marrow butter/etc

and BLVD tavern, which has dishes that make food critics poo poo themselves on a near weekly basis

and renee kelly's harvest, where renee kelly herself hangs out, designs most of the menu, and generally stays awesome (she brought a thank-you dessert out to me and my buddies one time because we were enjoying ourselves so much; i got selfies with her, it loving ruled)

and Joe's KC, the walk-in bbq joint that bourdain put down as one of the 10 places to eat before you die

and grandstand burgers, a loving double-wide trailer that serves burgers so good that google maps places them as a bigger landmark than the nearby walmart and home depot

seriously kansas city just owns

also our somali population isn't segregated as hell so that's also cool, income inequality is still a huge issue though. i work with a couple of the big family/clan units on the south side, education is hard for them because their mother tongues are so far away from english so it's hard for them to do the whole traditional schooling thing. there's lots of CNAs

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Loving one's home city while still admitting that there are lots of racist problems with that city is just a part of being a part of this great nation that we call America.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

CherryCola posted:

Lady at Pence rally asking if he's heard that Assad is protecting Christians.

gently caress you lady, the guy is a monster.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/785953549289070592

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Montasque posted:

trumped up

trickle down

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Go Sox!! Bang a U-ie up at the corner packie!! I love my town!!

*quietly, ashamed* the busing judge was right

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Adar posted:

yeah 25% is an insane number that would be incredibly difficult to pull off without, say, Trump going completely off the rails and spending at least two days in November giving speeches in WI-1 on how much Paul Ryan sucks and endorsing the Democrat

which he probably has a decent chance of doing

That isn't off the rails, those are the rails he is on

Well, probably not the only rails

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

If we reinstated the fairness doctrine, these insurrectionist fuckers would lose their propaganda platforms, and therefore lose one of their main methods of undermining federal authority and rule of law.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Coolguye posted:

midwest rules

minnesota rules, esp minneapolis and st. paul, amazing performance art there and fishing to die for most of the year, even for a good while after it gets cold

chicago rules, great food and tons of awesome history, and delightful sailing on the lake

kansas city rules, best food and beer anywhere (i'd seriously take a KC brewery over any SF one and best steaks on the loving planet) and wilderness trails to hike that explode in color and life like 10 out of the 12 months of the year and lay the lie to 'it's just flat & boring :derp:'

all hail the midwest

I just moved to the kc area and the foods fine, it's not great. The beer is also fine. Calm down cornfed.

The mexican food sucks complete rear end.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bicyclops posted:

Loving one's home city while still admitting that there are lots of racist problems with that city is just a part of being a part of this great nation that we call America.

having grown up in boston, mega agreed

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Montasque posted:

I know, but the boost fox got from obama is unmistakable

here's another:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Shelton blames hillary for the trauma of a psyche exam but apparent that exam never happened

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Coolguye posted:

and anton's taproom, the steak joint with like 25 local taps and their own butchering facilities on site, so the meat is perfectly fresh and can be prepared with bone marrow butter/etc

and BLVD tavern, which has dishes that make food critics poo poo themselves on a near weekly basis

and renee kelly's harvest, where renee kelly herself hangs out, designs most of the menu, and generally stays awesome (she brought a thank-you dessert out to me and my buddies one time because we were enjoying ourselves so much; i got selfies with her, it loving ruled)

and Joe's KC, the walk-in bbq joint that bourdain put down as one of the 10 places to eat before you die

and grandstand burgers, a loving double-wide trailer that serves burgers so good that google maps places them as a bigger landmark than the nearby walmart and home depot

seriously kansas city just owns

also our somali population isn't segregated as hell so that's also cool, income inequality is still a huge issue though. i work with a couple of the big family/clan units on the south side, education is hard for them because their mother tongues are so far away from english so it's hard for them to do the whole traditional schooling thing. there's lots of CNAs

Thank you. I've been driving through KC fairly regularly recently and have been thinking that I should stop and eat there sometime. But I've just been motoring through. Now that I have some good information I will stop and my taste buds will thank me aka-> you.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

The "THEY ARE PROTECTING CHRISTIANS" line is one used by a lot on the right about Assad and Putin.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's a poor choice of quotes to tweet.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Go Sox!! Bang a U-ie up at the corner packie!! I love my town!!

*quietly, ashamed* the busing judge was right

whoa calm down, maybe drink some water from the bubbla and relax

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

breaklaw posted:

SO obvious. I guess not everyone has experience with uppers and what the effects look like.

When Meltdown: Game Change 2016 comes out and it's revealed the most memorable Trump decisions and debates were all under the influence of speed, no one will be surprised.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

Colosmicon posted:

If we reinstated the fairness doctrine, these insurrectionist fuckers would lose their propaganda platforms, and therefore lose one of their main methods of undermining federal authority and rule of law.

tell us more about how you want to censor your political opponents

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Drunkboxer posted:

I just moved to the kc area and the foods fine, it's not great. The beer is also fine. Calm down cornfed.

The mexican food sucks complete rear end.

crane brewing in raytown basically does no beers seriously wrong - you can go from their more traditional stuff to their tea weiss and basically never have a bad experience. that's rare.

boulevard also does outrageously good with basically all of their smokestack series, like seriously name a style and aside from a porterhouse boulevard does it well

this bears itself out on untappd if you look at brewery ratings, ain't just me raving holmes

the food, well, i just rattled off half a dozen places that are amazing so :hydrogen:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

tfw you remember headline news still exists

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bump_fn posted:

having grown up in boston, mega agreed

Hello, fellow hub dweller. Let's rename Yawkey Way so that instead of being named after the racist Yawkey, it is named after a hero baseball player.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
IS there any chance at all of the GOP reuniting before the next election? It sounds like Trump is poisoning the well bigly by blaming his performance on the lack of establishment support

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bicyclops posted:

Hello, fellow hub dweller. Let's rename Yawkey Way so that instead of being named after the racist Yawkey, it is named after a hero baseball player.

name it, like everything else in boston, after ted williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

radical meme posted:

That's a poor choice of quotes to tweet.

Ohhh, I think it's an excellent choice.

They are going to go bananas.

• Locked thread