Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
So we've only been in the new safehouse for two days and the police have already found it. Thanks, Hox!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

quick way to win the upcoming safehouse heist: must burn your offshore, the cops will weep

Isn't the money in your vault spending cash?

So I guess the best time to play the new heist is right after infamying (er, that still burns all your spending cash, right?).

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

smdh at people trying to do mayhem and higher and not having inspire.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wintermutant posted:

So we've only been in the new safehouse for two days and the police have already found it. Thanks, Hox!

Well if you would have helped him organize files then maybe he could see the bit of Intel where the police tracked them from Bodhi's Dry Cleaning to near a freeway.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wintermutant posted:

haha my thought exactly

like seriously why the actual gently caress would you want to stay in the safehouse after the cops have found it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Say what you will about this update (mostly positive) but it's pretty shameful that Overkill still thinks huge, sweeping balance changes are a good surprise to spring on the playerbase. Again.

either that or they really gotta rein Jules in, because he's very bad at sweeping balance changes. Did they not learn from how badly Crimefest's surprise balance changes went over (and how very well the skill rebalance went over) or what?

thankfully the rest of the content has been very good, and I'm sure they'll fix his dumbshit ideas eventually just like they did last time.

Coolguye posted:

haha my thought exactly

like seriously why the actual gently caress would you want to stay in the safehouse after the cops have found it

cops have yet to stop the payday gang literally anywhere, anytime, or in any way. Why not just save on commute time?

e: clarity

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 11, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

:stare:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Did they finally add that in? It leaked over the weekend.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

It looks like one of them alert thingies that a few games have to spice things up.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the skill rebalance generally went well i thought

i mean it was utter chaos for a couple of weeks sure, but that's not actually unusual. builds get optimized so goddamn much in this game that even changing a couple of skills can really upset things until people absorb what happened. changing everything caused a ton of chaos but honestly what i came away from it with was that overkill was actually ready to listen and respond to people, ready to try stuff to make things better, and ready to admit when their own ideas were infeasible or lovely (see also: the carry-two-bag ace for transporter that got scrapped)

the mayhem/OD changes have been kinda similar. the bullet sponginess is super lame but they've already said 'okay sure, we get that, we'll change it' so if it really bugs you then just play overkill and only stealth on One Down until the changes hit. the changes to specials have been generally good; i actually am scared of bulldozers again, which is goddamn new.

i dunno maybe i'm just unusually patient or something. missteps have been legion for sure, but all i can really ask is that someone's willing to work with us when they make missteps, and they have been. so who cares, the formula generally works.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Coolguye posted:

i mean it was utter chaos for a couple of weeks sure, but that's not actually unusual. builds get optimized so goddamn much in this game that even changing a couple of skills can really upset things until people absorb what happened. changing everything caused a ton of chaos but honestly what i came away from it with was that overkill was actually ready to listen and respond to people, ready to try stuff to make things better, and ready to admit when their own ideas were infeasible or lovely (see also: the carry-two-bag ace for transporter that got scrapped)

the mayhem/OD changes have been kinda similar. the bullet sponginess is super lame but they've already said 'okay sure, we get that, we'll change it' so if it really bugs you then just play overkill and only stealth on One Down until the changes hit. the changes to specials have been generally good; i actually am scared of bulldozers again, which is goddamn new.

i dunno maybe i'm just unusually patient or something. missteps have been legion for sure, but all i can really ask is that someone's willing to work with us when they make missteps, and they have been. so who cares, the formula generally works.

Well I mean, Psion does say in his post that the skill rebalance was an example of them actually doing things right so nobody is actually disagreeing on that.

The surprise gun balance and now this difficulty update both came out of nowhere born out of terrible ideas from Jules.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I wouldn't mind the cash drops in the card system if they just bumped them up to like 1-10mil a piece. Ten grand is a loving joke.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well I mean, Psion does say in his post that the skill rebalance was an example of them actually doing things right so nobody is actually disagreeing on that.

The surprise gun balance and now this difficulty update both came out of nowhere born out of terrible ideas from Jules.

oh that's what other major sweeping change we were talking about, the gun rebal

i actually couldn't figure out what he was referring to, hence my apparent confusion

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

yes, that's my point. It went very well, was very well communicated, possibly the best rebalance of its type I've ever seen any game go through. Crimefest's weapon rebalance was the shitpile out of nowhere.

e: edited my post to make that more clear

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hi

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 12, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also how about this idea to make burning your offshore more palatable:

Give people the option to stack up different loot in the vault after they do so. giant piles of coke to make both Vlad and Bain jealous? sure. huge stacks of gold bars? whatever. comedy option of nothing but thermal drills? why not!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Coolguye posted:

oh that's what other major sweeping change we were talking about, the gun rebal

i actually couldn't figure out what he was referring to, hence my apparent confusion

There were an additional set of changes to weapons with the OD update, effecting special (explosive, thrown, fire, poison or bow). They're practically inexplicable, and really buggy.

Invite sent.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 12, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

There were an additional set of changes to weapons with the OD update, effecting special (explosive, thrown, fire, poison or bow). They're practically inexplicable, and really buggy.

The grenade launcher buffs I can get behind, because it was really impractical to ever use them over HE shotguns when they barely did more damage while HE shotguns had way more sustainability and DPS.

The crossbow/bow buffs are ludicrous though, in combination with how left behind sniper rifles are. Who the gently caress is going to use *any* of them except maybe the Thanatos going forward?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I say that 1D is the only real option, no matter what level you're on.
Cause :xcom:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

The grenade launcher buffs I can get behind, because it was really impractical to ever use them over HE shotguns when they barely did more damage while HE shotguns had way more sustainability and DPS.

The crossbow/bow buffs are ludicrous though, in combination with how left behind sniper rifles are. Who the gently caress is going to use *any* of them except maybe the Thanatos going forward?

maybe if they ever made sharpshooter a skill tree worth using for skills other than aggressive reload basic, they'd be buffed enough to be useful

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Safes are 2 euros per pop on the steam market right now :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kikas posted:

Safes are 2 euros per pop on the steam market right now :v:

yeah, I got one and immediately sold it for higher than the current average

feels good

Geight
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I mean, the arrow weapons all seemed rather rubbish aside from an HE-tipped ninja crossbow, so I can kinda see why they'd buff em. I think making some deal more damage than the Thanatos is a little overboard, but I get the motivation at least.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Just make sure to get Surefire aced so they pierce armor

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

UnknownMercenary posted:

GL buffs may seem logical, but bear in mind that, for example, the SWAT turret was unchanged- GLs break it even more than before now. They're dumbly powerful on the top difficulties, and feeding anger over "pay to win" in the community alongside the bow and javelin buffs.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol if you aren't at least getting the chivalry or wolf/assault pack while its 75% off

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I don't see a problem with the turret breaking fast. You could already do that fast with HE rounds, without having to worry about a grenade or rocket exploding in your face.

Absolutely the health should be toned down though, along with these new damage numbers. I expected bumps in enemy health from a new, higher difficulty but making aced Berserker practically a necessity unless you're using Chivalry pack weapons is a joke.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Psion posted:

Also how about this idea to make burning your offshore more palatable:

Honestly, the concern really only applies to those of us with a shitton of offshore, and even then only after the first time. Past that, you're basically gonna be trading ~$50m offshore for a weapon mod (once the safehouse gets maxed, which most hardcore folks are gonna do within the month). Not a great trade, but it's more than what it used to be worth.

Geight posted:

I mean, the arrow weapons all seemed rather rubbish aside from an HE-tipped ninja crossbow, so I can kinda see why they'd buff em. I think making some deal more damage than the Thanatos is a little overboard, but I get the motivation at least.

This is made worse by the revised HP levels, I think. Mayhem+, weapons fall into four categories - worthless (3+ headshots for a normal cop and are like 50% of all weapons); acceptable (2 headshots for a normal cop); good (1 headshot); and the bows, which can one-shot normal cops and some specials on a body hit. On the old health levels, it'd be weird but not crucial - but when you go from needing 8-10 headshots to drop a cloaker to only needing a single bodyshot, the whole thing is made far worse.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I just played the new safe house raid. The explanation is that after you play the mission, Bain calls his mole inside the police and sends them to clean up and tell the police that the area was searched and nothing was found.

I might be willing to accept that explanation if the safe house raid was a short skirmish, but I killed over 200 cops, I think people would ask questions- I can only surmise that this is the Payday universe and police aren't humans, they're law golems that fall out of interdimensional portals, and nobody is keeping a head count of how many cops there are.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Went to try to sell my Hoxton safe while they're still worth 2 bucks each. Went to log onto the market in my browser. Forgot my password. Reset my password. Locked out of the community market for 7 days because I reset my password. :geno:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Bilal posted:

I might be willing to accept that explanation if the safe house raid was a short skirmish, but I killed over 200 cops, I think people would ask questions- I can only surmise that this is the Payday universe and police aren't humans, they're law golems that fall out of interdimensional portals, and nobody is keeping a head count of how many cops there are.

My favorite explanation so far is that they're being summoned from the Elemental Plane of Police and we're not killing them just banishing them back to their home Plane.

The new enemy unit should be the Cop Conjurer.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

haha my thought exactly

Because it is still not known what is there because somehow bain can make a bunch of dead cops seems redundant to the police. "Oh, a force of 1000 just died in this building we were investigating...no wait, they were on extended vacation already? Well, okay then!" Like loving Gotham City doesn't have police either this corrupt or incompetent.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Payday 2: It's free real estate.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

Payday 2: It's free real estate.

freerealestateforbain.biz

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

UnknownMercenary posted:

Absolutely the health should be toned down though, along with these new damage numbers. I expected bumps in enemy health from a new, higher difficulty but making aced Berserker practically a necessity unless you're using Chivalry pack weapons is a joke.
Yeah I have only been playing Overkill because I enjoy fun and I do not find shooting a Shield in the head three times with a Slug shotgun to kill with Overkill and other buffs active fun.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Tamayachi posted:

My favorite explanation so far is that they're being summoned from the Elemental Plane of Police and we're not killing them just banishing them back to their home Plane.

The new enemy unit should be the Cop Conjurer.

They need to add in the Phase Casters/Phase Commanders from FEAR 3: http://fear.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_Caster

Pretty much Bulldozers with the ability to open portals in walls to let cops fall though them.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Auto M308 with Body Expertise owns.

Myrdraayl
Apr 13, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Auto M308 with Body Expertise owns.

m308 with frenzy, overkill, the silencer damage skill and I think underdog is enough to headshot cloakers on deathwish and do 4000+ on visor-less bulldozers, it is great, tasers take 2 though.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Apparently John Wick's P30 has an in game model now. Do we know if that's going to be in that Wick weapon pack that was mentioned earlier in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Myrdraayl posted:

m308 with frenzy, overkill, the silencer damage skill and I think underdog is enough to headshot cloakers on deathwish and do 4000+ on visor-less bulldozers, it is great, tasers take 2 though.

I'm running a silenced M308 with Berserker, Silent Killer, and Body Expertise. 25 rounds in the mag, pierces Tan armor, and I don't have to bother with headshots. Just have to be responsible about tapping to fire. After one down, you'll one-shot all normal cops through DW.

On One Down, I think shots to kill for Tans and Heavy SWAT increases to two. Still pretty manageable. With an HE Pistol Xbow, you're basically set to take on just about anything. Teammate with a Thanatos/Xbow could handle other specials if you were particularly concerned about that.