Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jenner posted:

What? Wow, I guess I'm glad I didn't make that post then.

But what the gently caress? Not to derail into religion chat but the bible states that Jesus is the son of God, not God. And Jesus himself never once claims that he is God. He is very insistent that he is merely the son of God. He talks at length about coming to his father etc.

Wtf Christians? Meh.
Welcome to the Unitarian Party :smug:

Lightning Knight posted:

They didn't have nerdy fantasy geeks back then to demand elaborate rules about how the magic functioned. :v:
There were a ton of splits about the respective meatness/spiritness of Jesus and how Jesus was supposed to be both God and the Son of God in the early church, which led to the Trinitarian position that they're all the same but separate somehow. And a lot of Gnostic churches that took a more philosophical position like Jesus had the substance of God but the accidents of a fully meat person. And then a bunch of people were forcibly expelled from the Church or killed and Trinitarianism has been the mainstream position until the rise of Unitarianism centuries later, which held a range of positions between "God had a meaty Son who died" to "There is no god but God and Jesus is His prophet."

Modern Unitarianism is mostly a 'believe what you will but don't be a dick' religion in most places and shares worship with Universalists and Free Christians and other 'very liberal' sects now though.

The best rules lawyering in the Abrahamic faiths remains in the Rabbinic tradition though, where a conference of Rabbis successfully rules lawyers God.
http://jhom.com/topics/voice/bat_kol_bab.htm

e: New page, new crazy. This showed up on Facebook and I don't even know what the gently caress. It's some :ancap: 'central banks and fiat money are bad' stuff, with some :godwinning: sounding 'purification of the social order' but it talks way too much about fairness to be a dogwhistle for either so it's just :psypop:
https://shortcomicofpurificationsocialorder.blogspot.co.uk/

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hello, I got spam.

quote:

Yes, I am formerly commander and director Rapaport of the CIA. The Central Intelligence Agency fired me so that they could get away with bank frauding me for money I made writing small parts of microsofts product line and for money I made writing various movies, without being prosecuted. The agency also stole 4-5 congressional Medals of Honor from me.

I initiated the Aldridge Ames investigation.

CMH #1 - Colorado cannibal war

CMH #2 - Arizona cannibal war

CMH #3 – Somalia

CMH #4 – The China incident

CMH #5 - All other over sees ops. Iraq, Yugoslavia, Pakistan, Fiji, Panama, Ect……

During part of the time I was assigned to the pentagon, the Central Intelligence Agency would conduct mass burnings of their theft victims and their witnesses in the pentagon’s incinerators in order to avoid prosecution for bank fraud and real estate fraud.

Former president Bill Clinton initiated some of these burnings.

At one point I caught Bill Clinton instructing Central Intelligence Agents to through young children that were still slightly moving, in to incinerators. (Dead families tell no tails).

During a meeting I had with president Clinton in California’s Yosemite National Monument, president Clinton confessed to me that he transferred 1 trillion us dollars from the national treasury account to Switzerland in his name. At about this time in 1997-1998 I witnessed the treasury account decrease by about 1 trillion dollars. I wonder if this was a true confession.

Admiral Jeremy Michael Boorda was shot to death in front of me over a 100K check he recovered for me in relation to this case.

Admiral Jeremy Michael Boorda did not commit suicide.

I would still like the 100K check made out to Eric Rapaport that was on his desk at the time of his murder.

In 1996 the Clintons had most of their pre-primary constituents killed and the Clintons took their constituents money out of their bank accounts and pocketed it.

Bill Clinton bank frauded Bridget Fonda for 100 million dollars.

Bill Clinton called me 2 times to tell me that he bank frauded me for 47 million dollars. This seems a little bit high.

The Clinton’s hired the Taliban to blow up the New York City Trade Center with my money that they bank frauded from me.

Bill Clinton told me that this was “to further worship Satan and also to prove that internal affairs (myself) are worthless”.

Bill Clinton’s secretary found a document written by Bill Clinton describing how they were going to start world war 3 and she gave this document to me and then we gave this document to media sources. The Clinton’s explanation was that they were hypothesizing on how someone might try to start world war 3.

Now the U.S. is getting ready to vote for the Clintons again.

Do the U.S. people think that world war 3 would be fun and survivable?

The U.S. has something called super delegates. This means that no matter how the public votes, an extremely small amount of people known as super delegates can vote anyone into office that they wish. This obviously means that the United States is a communist country and it is not a democracy.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

drat Clinton and his bank frauding ways.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
He's sending you messages from the future.

I've got to prepare for a cannibal war. Not sure which side to choose.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

He's sending you messages from the future.

I've got to prepare for a cannibal war. Not sure which side to choose.

The cannibals: eat the rich. :getin:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Lightning Knight posted:

The Bible isn't really clear or internally consistent on the rules of how Jesus works. They didn't have nerdy fantasy geeks back then to demand elaborate rules about how the magic functioned. :v:

Catholic doctrine is that God is both the Son and the Father and the Holy Spirit simultaneously, and they're the largest denomination of Christianity. Most other denominations split off for a combination of political and doctrinal reasons usually related to the nature of Christ or Mary, etc.

That vagueness could lead someone to believe that the moral teachings are more important than the mechanics of divinity, and that having schisms and inquisitions over how people think God's powers work is a dumb idea. It perplexes me when people say they refuse to accept the Trinity because it "doesn't make sense," as though the nature of God should be easy for us humans to understand.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Hello, I got spam.

I love the imagery of Bill personally shoveling toddlers into a giant boiler like he was a coal shoveler on the Titanic.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Lightning Knight posted:

The Bible isn't really clear or internally consistent on the rules of how Jesus works. They didn't have nerdy fantasy geeks back then to demand elaborate rules about how the magic functioned. :v:

Catholic doctrine is that God is both the Son and the Father and the Holy Spirit simultaneously, and they're the largest denomination of Christianity. Most other denominations split off for a combination of political and doctrinal reasons usually related to the nature of Christ or Mary, etc.

Guavanaut posted:

There were a ton of splits about the respective meatness/spiritness of Jesus and how Jesus was supposed to be both God and the Son of God in the early church, which led to the Trinitarian position that they're all the same but separate somehow. And a lot of Gnostic churches that took a more philosophical position like Jesus had the substance of God but the accidents of a fully meat person. And then a bunch of people were forcibly expelled from the Church or killed and Trinitarianism has been the mainstream position until the rise of Unitarianism centuries later, which held a range of positions between "God had a meaty Son who died" to "There is no god but God and Jesus is His prophet."

Modern Unitarianism is mostly a 'believe what you will but don't be a dick' religion in most places and shares worship with Universalists and Free Christians and other 'very liberal' sects now though.

The best rules lawyering in the Abrahamic faiths remains in the Rabbinic tradition though, where a conference of Rabbis successfully rules lawyers God.
http://jhom.com/topics/voice/bat_kol_bab.htm

Aaaah what the gently caress. I mean, I get it, at no point does Jesus ever say, "Please do not worship me I am only a messenger." And the bible is vague and inconsistent as gently caress but-- You know what gently caress it, I don't even believe in this poo poo!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Who What Now posted:

I love the imagery of Bill personally shoveling toddlers into a giant boiler like he was a coal shoveler on the Titanic.

Well, it would explain liberal efforts to encourage contraception.

"Please, just stop making so many babies! He's an old man now and his heart isn't what it used to be, he can't keep shoveling fast enough to keep up with the supply!!!"

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The great thing about the Trinity is that it's simultaneously a mystery incomprehensible to human minds and something they'd persecute you for if you interpreted it wrong.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Hello, I got spam.

Why's Bill gotta steal 47 mil from him when he has a cool tril in the bank?!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Dr Christmas posted:

The great thing about the Trinity is that it's simultaneously a mystery incomprehensible to human minds and something they'd persecute you for if you interpreted it wrong.

If you're cynical, you might suggest the whole thing was a pretext to get rid of troublemakers. Someone causing too many problems for the bishop? Get him to stand before the inquisitor and ask him about the Trinity, and when he inevitably gets something wrong, excommunicate his rear end!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jurgan posted:

If you're cynical, you might suggest the whole thing was a pretext to get rid of troublemakers. Someone causing too many problems for the bishop? Get him to stand before the inquisitor and ask him about the Trinity, and when he inevitably gets something wrong, excommunicate his rear end!

It'd be a better conspiracy theory if Christianity started about a thousand years after it actually did.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Noted Alpha Male, Donald Trump.

How does it work, exactly? So he can be a fat, ugly, litigious germophobe, with a whiny voice, sporting a spray-tan with a combover - and it's still considered Alpha Male just because he's an rear end in a top hat most of the time?

I guess he's just not poor, and not short? Wowee.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why do criminals get a trial at all since anyone accused is clearly guilty? And how dare Clinton defend them, does she have no shame, attempting to defend a(n accused) RAPIST?

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 12, 2016

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

sweart gliwere posted:

How does it work, exactly? So he can be a fat, ugly, litigious germophobe, with a whiny voice, sporting a spray-tan with a combover - and it's still considered Alpha Male just because he's an rear end in a top hat most of the time?

Basically. The whole alpha/beta/omega personality types are a simplistic approach to human social dynamics, but it's true enough that some people are aggressive, some are cooperative, and some are defensive. Trump is aggressive and expects to get what he wants, ergo he's an alpha male.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

sweart gliwere posted:

Alpha male is basically a nice phrase for "huge rear end in a top hat" that other huge assholes invented for themselves, yeah.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
it's also supposed to be based on wolf pack dynamics except that real wolves don't act like that at all

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Instant Sunrise posted:

it's also supposed to be based on wolf pack dynamics except that real wolves don't act like that at all

Yeah it's basically just :biotruths: garbage designed to make Internet nerds feel better about themselves and reinforce gender norms.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jenner posted:

Aaaah what the gently caress. I mean, I get it, at no point does Jesus ever say, "Please do not worship me I am only a messenger." And the bible is vague and inconsistent as gently caress but-- You know what gently caress it, I don't even believe in this poo poo!

Jesus actually does seem to strongly imply he is God a couple of times, though from my recollection they're mostly in John, which was the last gospel to be written and really dialed up the "Jesus is divine" angle from the other 3.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Guys! Gals! Nonbinaries!
Bernie can still become president! Look!
http://embols.com/2016/10/01/apparently-bernie-is-registered-as-a-write-in-in-nearly-all-states/

This is a thing that can happen! We can still feel the Bern!

So yeah, I just now noticed that article floating around.
drat, wish I knew for sure that Trump wasn't going to win PA so I could cast my white male privilege protest vote in safety. :smith:

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Jesus actually does seem to strongly imply he is God a couple of times, though from my recollection they're mostly in John, which was the last gospel to be written and really dialed up the "Jesus is divine" angle from the other 3.

Yeah, if you put the gospels in the order they were written, Jesus goes from a wise man who says the apocalypse is nigh, to a divine being who advocates civil disobedience, because the apocalypse might not be that nigh after all and seriously gently caress Rome, to literally God on Earth who just wants us to get along and be saved, because the apocalypse won't be for a while. They were written by different people for different audiences, so the Jesus of the Bible is much "hazier" than a lot of people pick up on.

Also, more on-topic for this thread, my dad has finally jumped full-force onto the Trump train, and it's because of the release of the "grab them by the pussy" tapes. My dad has always been conservative, but he was lukewarm about Trump... up until Trump started complaining that he wasn't being treated fairly by the media. Whenever he whined that he wasn't given enough airtime, my dad would nod and say "Well, he has a point". After the first debate, my dad angrily accused the moderators of being paid Hillary shills. He used to be still cautious not to praise Trump and appeared to disapprove of his actual personality, but now that's gone completely out of the window thanks to the "media conspiracy" to take down Trump. That was enough for my dad to go full-blown support, despite the awfulness of what Trump said on the tapes, and he's following lock-step with the "It was just locker-room banter" talking point now.

So, my dad is one of the few people who has actually flocked to Trump because of that audio leak. Yay. Fun. :smith:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

the_steve posted:

Guys! Gals! Nonbinaries!
Bernie can still become president! Look!
http://embols.com/2016/10/01/apparently-bernie-is-registered-as-a-write-in-in-nearly-all-states/

This is a thing that can happen! We can still feel the Bern!

So yeah, I just now noticed that article floating around.
drat, wish I knew for sure that Trump wasn't going to win PA so I could cast my white male privilege protest vote in safety. :smith:

Someone posted an article that gave one weird trick to how Bernie can still become President.

Basically the idea is Bernie wins Vermont by write-in and gets all the electoral votes there, preventing both Hillary and Trump from getting 270. That means the House gets to choose the president, and they'll obviously pick Bernie because they hate both Trump and Clinton.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Instant Sunrise posted:

:stonklol: at anyone who openly admires and supports the absolute fussiest and most insecure (non)presidential candidate in at least a generation, especially if it's as some masculine idol.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, if you put the gospels in the order they were written, Jesus goes from a wise man who says the apocalypse is nigh, to a divine being who advocates civil disobedience, because the apocalypse might not be that nigh after all and seriously gently caress Rome, to literally God on Earth who just wants us to get along and be saved, because the apocalypse won't be for a while. They were written by different people for different audiences, so the Jesus of the Bible is much "hazier" than a lot of people pick up on.

Also, more on-topic for this thread, my dad has finally jumped full-force onto the Trump train, and it's because of the release of the "grab them by the pussy" tapes. My dad has always been conservative, but he was lukewarm about Trump... up until Trump started complaining that he wasn't being treated fairly by the media. Whenever he whined that he wasn't given enough airtime, my dad would nod and say "Well, he has a point". After the first debate, my dad angrily accused the moderators of being paid Hillary shills. He used to be still cautious not to praise Trump and appeared to disapprove of his actual personality, but now that's gone completely out of the window thanks to the "media conspiracy" to take down Trump. That was enough for my dad to go full-blown support, despite the awfulness of what Trump said on the tapes, and he's following lock-step with the "It was just locker-room banter" talking point now.

So, my dad is one of the few people who has actually flocked to Trump because of that audio leak. Yay. Fun. :smith:

Yeah, your dad is an awful human being.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rick_Hunter posted:

Yeah, your dad is an awful human being.

Mine too

:smith::hf::smith:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

My mom, ex-cop, claims that what Trump was saying was not him condoning and normalizing sexual assault, and not at all suggesting that Trump has sexually assaulted people. She then went on to claim that the Clinton/Lewinsky affair was not consensual. Hooray for losing massive amounts of respect for family!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

KiteAuraan posted:

She then went on to claim that the Clinton/Lewinsky affair was not consensual.

It's hilarious how regressive Republicans suddenly start talking like the most woke motherfuckers in the world when they try to tear down Clinton by saying the power dynamics in the Bill/Monica relationship meant she could not meaningfully render consent.

Then they'll bring up the Kathleen Willey stuff which is fine to bring up, but if the bar is set at "has been accused of," then Trump currently has a child rape accusation being leveled against him at this very moment. So... maybe that's not a path they should be going down.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 12, 2016

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ErIog posted:

It's hilarious how regressive Republicans suddenly start talking like the most woke motherfuckers in the world when they try to tear down Clinton by saying the power dynamics in the Bill/Monica relationship meant she could not meaningfully render consent.

Women involved in affairs are sluts unless the affair is convenient for attacking a political opponent. Then they're victims. :rolleyes:

I think it's possible to say that Bill was wrong to seek the relationship while acknowledging that Monica Lewinksy wanted it, or at least does not regret it after the fact.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

ErIog posted:

Then they'll bring up the Kathleen Willey stuff which is fine to bring up, but if the bar is set at "has been accused of," then Trump currently has a child rape accusation being leveled against him at this very moment. So... maybe that's not a path they should be going down.

Yesterday they tried to "leak" audio recordings of Bill Clinton endorsing DOMA in 1996. Says it all.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Plom Bar posted:

Yesterday they tried to "leak" audio recordings of Bill Clinton endorsing DOMA in 1996. Says it all.

See also: Hillary's e-mails where she levels with the banks and talks about what a boner she has for free trade.

I don't understand what their strategy is, and I find that really frustrating. I actually would like to have to make a choice in an election for once in my life. Unfortunately it's already been made for me! It's either generic centrist or :getin: Blood for the Kotex Blood Gods :getin:

I think this is also why pundits/news hosts have gotten so frustrated. They want politics to happen, and in this cycle you can't even get to politics because Trump makes sure, "grab them by the pussy," and "check out sex tape." lead the news cycle. They're basically screaming, "Please god just don't actively invite scandal so I can give you false equivalency!" and then Trump just laughs in their faces and flashes his dong.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

sirtommygunn posted:

Why do criminals get a trial at all since anyone accused is clearly guilty? And how dare Clinton defend them, does she have no shame, attempting to defend a(n accused) RAPIST?

'acquited of all charges' - Can't even get the basic facts of the case right.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Gounads posted:

'acquited of all charges' - Can't even get the basic facts of the case right.

That one always drives me nuts because she was literally appointed to his defense as his CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED ATTORNEY. Like, the whole point of the 6th amendment was "Hey, remember when the British crown would bring you into a kangaroo court where you had no help and you didn't stand a chance? Lets not do that" (although technically it didn't apply to poor people until SCOTUS said so in the 60's). It's legit one of the most American things you can do. Whenever it comes up I just mention that she was appointed to the case because he couldn't afford his own attorney. She even petitioned the judge to be taken off the case and was denied. She then defended him the best she could and got a plea bargain. The judge then suspended 4 years of the 5 year sentence they agreed to so he certainly wasn't acquited or freed like most macros claim and if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the judge. I would never begrudge an attorney for providing the best defense she could for her appointed client. If I was accused of a crime and my court appointed attorney was like "I feel like you're a scumbag and I'm basically going to phone this in" I'd be pretty livid about it.

The snopes on this has a lot of really good excerpts from court transcripts and interviews about the case.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Women involved in affairs are sluts unless the affair is convenient for attacking a political opponent. Then they're victims. :rolleyes:

I think it's possible to say that Bill was wrong to seek the relationship while acknowledging that Monica Lewinksy wanted it, or at least does not regret it after the fact.

it was totally wrong for bill to do what he did but aside from all the consensuality stuff what makes this great to me is

1) he had the good sense not to brag about it into a microphone to impress someone with his ability to get tail

2) he's not currently running for office, meaning he kinda sorta got away with it. these things need to come out after or even, potentially, during your tenure in office, not before

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I don't know how interested people will be in this, but I've made a Chrome extension which inserts reminders of things Trump has done and said into text. It's not perfect (I'm not a programmer), but I thought you all might like it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trump-reminders/jpieelkeidbhenlimodpcacklibpekln

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

This has been happening on Freep for years.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

ErIog posted:

See also: Hillary's e-mails where she levels with the banks and talks about what a boner she has for free trade.

I don't understand what their strategy is, and I find that really frustrating.

Their strategy is throw everything bad at Clinton that they can. The problem with their strategy is that most of the things that are actually true are only bad from a leftist perspective.

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Someone posted an article that gave one weird trick to how Bernie can still become President.

Basically the idea is Bernie wins Vermont by write-in and gets all the electoral votes there, preventing both Hillary and Trump from getting 270. That means the House gets to choose the president, and they'll obviously pick Bernie because they hate both Trump and Clinton.

I had a friend share that two-week-old article today. Setting aside all the problems with the author's fantasy world, how the hell do you still believe the electoral college is going to be close enough that the Vermont would actually keep Clinton from reaching 270?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

killa-pope posted:

I had a friend share that two-week-old article today. Setting aside all the problems with the author's fantasy world, how the hell do you still believe the electoral college is going to be close enough that the Vermont would actually keep Clinton from reaching 270?

the map would have to look like this:

which, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I would kill to be able to read the Facebook posts from the alternate universe where that happened and the House voted in Trump.