Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Deified Data posted:

Shouting foul play is a given, and he will absolutely couch it in language that implies in terms vague enough to deny (like he's a loving master of) that violence is the only way to correct the vote.

"This election was stolen from you, and I don't know about you people, but there's only one way of dealing with thieves", something like that.

Reminds me of last year when the Swedish Democrats (racists) started putting out addresses to asylum homes throughout the country at the same time as a whole bunch of these places got burnt down. They pulled "the people need to know, we can't take responsibility for their actions" card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sarmhan posted:

If that NC data is even vaguely predictive, this isn't going to be at all close.
Historic landslide status.

yeah the election has been over for quite some time but i really need an historic landslide. i yearn for it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Inferior Third Season posted:

Is this going to be a thing?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fobs-hillarys-state-dept-gave-special-attention-friends/story?id=42615379

I feel like it has all of the ingredients for the Republicans and alt-right to rally around.

I really don't have it in me for even more of this poo poo. This election needs to end.
Stop assuming the Republicans are ever acting in good faith with this poo poo. Because they aren't. Sure, if it's something new, give it a cursory look, but the heuristic of "a Republican's mouth is moving? Probably lies" has served me in amazing stead over the last few years.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Pretty much the only conspiracy theory I believe is that the government encourages fantastical fake conspiracy theories because it diverts attention from actual boring, every day corruption.

They don't even have to encourage it. Try to bring up 'real' scandals like no-bid contracts and watch people's eyes glaze over.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Gallup approval rating for Obama just hit the highest point of his second term (+13)

Approve 55%
Disapprove 42%

All is proceeding according to plan.

God, the Republicans were so sure they could run against unpopular Obama.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Straight into the incinerator.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Pretty much the only conspiracy theory I believe is that the government encourages fantastical fake conspiracy theories because it diverts attention from actual boring, every day corruption.

I believe OJ's son did it and he covered for him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Night10194 posted:

Wait our posts are being logged by the library of congress?

Check it out.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sarmhan posted:

If that NC data is even vaguely predictive, this isn't going to be at all close.
Historic landslide status.

If this is actually predictive it's loving insane because it also means a slaughter on the downballots.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Holy lol even Clickhole is owning Trump and the Republicans

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/its-sickening-hear-politician-trump-condone-sexual-5007

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wake up and Donnie has turned into a salty 15 year old losing at Call of Duty.

edit: and I was reminded that Rubio and Cruz are still supporting him. People who he personally insulted on TV. My god that party is craven.

He should just accept that his tiny hands will never allow him to not be trash.

Or he should get a hand enbigly operation.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 11, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

They did two that were dead brutal (including this one).

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

U-DO Burger posted:

If this is actually predictive it's loving insane because it also means a slaughter on the downballots.

That's the dream.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Nessus posted:

Stop assuming the Republicans are ever acting in good faith with this poo poo. Because they aren't. Sure, if it's something new, give it a cursory look, but the heuristic of "a Republican's mouth is moving? Probably lies" has served me in amazing stead over the last few years.
Umm... these are State Department emails released through FOIA, and reported on by ABCNews. It's not just some poo poo Alex Jones made up.

I just want to know if it's gaining traction.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Oh god he was serious? I'm sorry, future people.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

theflyingorc posted:

Thanks for reminding me, Donald:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/785875528825835526

That means that now, at what is his lowest point and people are MOST unlikely to feel enthused to vote for him, nobody in swing states Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania (lol), or Georgia can change their mind and bother to register. This dulls Trumps ability to gain momentum even if the race became even again somehow.

Yes, it's true. All Donny supporters in Florida, it's too late. You can no longer register to Make America Great Again. Go home, drink a Natty Lite, and think about how awesome it's going to be to watch Donny get those other people who you don't like. Everyone else, please wait a moment while they leave.

The deadline for voter registration has been extended by a Judge due to Hurricane Matthew. Right now you have until the end of the day tomorrow to register. The Judge will be holding a hearing tomorrow morning to consider extending the deadline further. It is pretty likely he will considering his quote when giving the temporary extension was. "Quite simply, it is wholly irrational in this instance for Florida to refuse to extend the voter registration deadline when the state already allows the governor to suspend or move the election date due to an unforeseen emergency".

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's pretty interesting to me from a historical ling perspective; it was apparently the nickname of some ancient poster who worried a lot that Romney was going to win.

I rarely post in this forum, but I've been keeping up with these threads religiously through every election cycle since 2004. I'm not quite sure what to think of Arzy being referred to as "ancient" when remember him freaking out like it was yesterday. Does that mean I'm old? I'm old, aren't I?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

My shitposts about anime are gonna be a part of history!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

cult member at airport posted:

USPOL Oct: Djonald Unchained

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

finally, a chance to give back to society

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
So do they crawl through the archives or is it just everything from 2014 on

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Inferior Third Season posted:

Umm... these are State Department emails released through FOIA, and reported on by ABCNews. It's not just some poo poo Alex Jones made up.

I just want to know if it's gaining traction.
Gaining traction in what sense? There is no use in worrying about what the right wing will squawk about, because they will find some bullshit and act like it's a disqualifying end of the world event no matter what.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

No lie, it's going to be an incredible resource in the future. Historians kill for poo poo like this. And when everyone's talking in future-Zalgo, nerds are going to be trying to explain ye olde zingers from the country's rich cultural past.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
https://twitter.com/seegeewhy/status/785944468943802368

comingafteryouall posted:

How do you look at this picture of your group afterwards and think, "Yep, we did a good job today and totally have a legit crew telling truth to the world."

The Hawaiian shirt...

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

"In the event of a water landing Governor Christie's gunt can be used as a floatation device."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dig cardinal albert simon in the back ther

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is there supposed to be some symbology here that i'm not getting or are those costumes in this context just really loving stupid

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Jezebel had something that's been commented on a few times about Trump - his suits:

http://theslot.jezebel.com/what-is-up-with-trumps-ill-fitting-suits-a-world-famou-1787666547

quote:

If you look at his left shoulder here, of the hand he’s pointing at Hillary with, it’s a lump and a bump—it dips down and falls off. I’d also like to make the bottoms of the trousers a little bit narrower, because it makes his feet look really small.

And do you know what? I never noticed how small his feet are.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pick posted:

No lie, it's going to be an incredible resource in the future. Historians kill for poo poo like this. And when everyone's talking in future-Zalgo, nerds are going to be trying to explain ye olde zingers from the country's rich cultural past.

Pretty sure Hegel would musket and bayonet her way through entire towns in Saxony for a fully preserved archive of Something Mercenary.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pick posted:

can't wait for historians studying the obama campaign to dig up old LF posts

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ciaphas posted:

is there supposed to be some symbology here that i'm not getting or are those costumes in this context just really loving stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8kmKVtUy4o

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Ciaphas posted:

I assumed that was the Grand Wizard :rimshot:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

its a shame all of the links and images will be broken

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

yes, we are all very sorry about everything in general

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pick posted:

"Grandpa, how did Doobie's Dogs become a national chain?"

*smug smile* "My child, the Library of Congress has the answers you seek"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785979396620324865

Really trying hard to get those Bernie Bros over to him.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

boner confessor posted:

And then someone clicks on a goatse link and a loading bar begins...

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pick posted:

How many PhD's will there be on the term arzy do you think?

Per year.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

boner confessor posted:

Be sure to print out every anime that you see on the forums so that future weebs can have documentation of their culture's rich history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

OxySnake posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785979396620324865

Really trying hard to get those Bernie Bros over to him.
I'm gonna guess that Bernie had access to the same material, if they used the same format they did for this last one, broadly speaking.

• Locked thread