Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Fenarisk posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone that's been above 200 something, myself and most people I know/play with are still under 100. I don't think the average can be more than 150 to be honest. That being said I've never spent coins and I'm at like 6020.

I see level 3-500's pretty regularly, very occasionally someone higher. I'd probably be higher myself but I haven't been playing as much lately as I was when I first started out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I got two of the exact same player icon in my halloween box :shepicide:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I think I've played play a shitload since launch but I'm only in the 160s. Those who are 300+ are some dedicated folks.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Well, I might be hosed. I've always had an issue where every few games I'll just CTD with no warning as part of my general computer uselessness, but now after this patch when I do so it won't even let me restart the game (as in instant CTD on loading) until the game I crashed out of ends. I used to be able to just immediately rejoin with only like a 10 or so second pause. Now, once of every few games, I just auto-lose and gently caress over everyone playing with me in anything but quickplay!

Sigh. I hadn't budgeted giving up the fight to fix this piece of poo poo and get a new computer until next year. I guess there are other games. :smith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad that blizzard has learned they can be praised for still screwing players just by screwing them slightly less hard than they previously did.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Crossposting but:

i also got the mei highlight intro, the firefighter mei, bva, junebug dva, mariachi, and a few other random legends and epics i didnt have out of 50 boxes

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Condolences on the 480p monitor.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Thanks I spend my money on dumb poo poo instead of a new computer

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Anyone know where to see the new leaderboards screen they mention in the patch notes? I can't find it anywhere.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Do you get extra XP for doing the new brawl on hard vs. medium/easy?

Can't seem to finish it on hard :( and Medium is way too easy.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Mister Fister posted:

Do you get extra XP for doing the new brawl on hard vs. medium/easy?

Can't seem to finish it on hard :( and Medium is way too easy.

Seems like the trick to hard mode is getting good at dodging the zombadiers and having your McCree/Ana use their ults to down the bosses. Doesn't seem to give any extra xp though.

Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone else getting phantom ( :v: ) inputs after the patch? Just had a game on PS4 where my gun wouldn't stop firing. Pretty sure my controller's fine.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Yolshi posted:

Anyone else getting phantom ( :v: ) inputs after the patch? Just had a game on PS4 where my gun wouldn't stop firing. Pretty sure my controller's fine.

I noticed this while playing the Brawl and this was on PC. Seems to do the same thing for abilities too.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Do higher difficulty brawls give more rewards?

E seems like no

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 12, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yolshi posted:

Yes. I keep throwing my grenades as Ana without pressing the button. I thought there was something wrong with my keyboard.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Yolshi posted:

Yeah on PC. Dva boosters triggered out of nowhere

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Yolshi posted:

I've sort of had this issue on PC forever. Only when I spawn, but not always. That is, when I spawn, anything I have bound to numpad1 triggers. Unless it doesn't, of course. It seems to happen less lately.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Andrast posted:

Yes. I keep throwing my grenades as Ana without pressing the button. I thought there was something wrong with my keyboard.

also getting this, i thought i was just fat-fingering

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Does killing all the glowing birds on the brawl do anything? Or did I just lose a game for nothing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They're live patching because of bugs guys it says right on battle net when you log in

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Got all the brawl cheevos. Does Hard level give you more XP?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

teagone posted:

Got all the brawl cheevos. Does Hard level give you more XP?

Where can I find these?

Also does the brawl have matchmaking? It seems like I'm only matching with mid plats and low diamonds, like in comp.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Where can I find these?

Also does the brawl have matchmaking? It seems like I'm only matching with mid plats and low diamonds, like in comp.

Go to Career Profile > Achievements. Then in the drop down menu where it says 'General' select 'Special' and it'll show the Brawl cheevos.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Why does it take five loving minutes to find a brawl match with a four stack?

vvvv We waited 7 minutes, kicked a player, and immediately got in

sleppy fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 12, 2016

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

sleppy posted:

Why does it take five loving minutes to find a brawl match with a four stack?

Did you actually find it in the end?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Supercar Gautier posted:

The problem with Summer Games was that if you wanted a particular item, you had no way to purposefully try for it, or to save up credits for it. They've now fixed that, which is great.

The limited-time aspect was never the issue and it's fine that they're keeping it.

This is why I will never have 100% tracer items.

I'm still mad about it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why are the q times for this brawl so long, it should be really popular??

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Relin posted:

It's pretty gimmicky. Just finished my first game on medium difficulty and I don't really have a desire to play again except maybe to get the hard mode achievement.

I would like more PvE content though cause I'm a big baby

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Relin posted:

If I wanted to play vs lifeless bots that ran at me uselessly while I brutally fragged them, I would queue into a normal game, as I am very good and handsome.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

This is why I will never have 100% tracer items.

I'm still mad about it.

Looks like next summer you'll be able to buy it, at least.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
As someone without any online multiplayer back end knowledge I'd guess they have so much demand it's saturated the servers ability to host games rather than no one playing it.

Also this brawl being exactly what was on the sombra leak photo pretty much confirms that's sombra.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
oh it looks like they hosed something up and even groups of 4 people take more than 5 minutes to find a brawl game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

4 man groups still need an empty server to join to play

Yolshi posted:

that happened to me once, I just thought it was my controller but idk now

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Yolshi posted:

Yes

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
God drat it Blizzard where the gently caress is my Witch Hunter McCree skin?

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Got the no damage achievement after several attempts with my friends

McCree ult is great for if you get overwhelmed, but it's particularly good for taking out Reaper and Mercy. Just pop, wait for Reaper to finish ghosting, then fire. Remember to wait out Mercy's resurrect immunity!

Hanzo is the best at waveclear between headshots on slow-moving bots and Dragonstrike. If Junkenstein is about to come up then save Dragonstrike. Aim under the doctor, about halfway between his platform and the ground, so you can clear out mid at the same time as hitting the doctor. No reason to aim directly at him.

Nanaboost should be on Soldier who can use it to chew through Roadhog.

Soldier ult is mostly for pegging shock tires, but is a slight damage boost if you're trying to burn down Roadhog.

Turn off Roadhog healing with flashbang and pissjar. This is key, Roadhog is the #1 threat since he's so disruptive and he blocks off shooting zombies so you might accidentally let someone slip through.

Not sure how much different hard mode is (just more damage? or are the spawns more aggressive?), might give it a shot later with my group. At least there we won't have to worry about no-damaging it :v:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

vampire symmetra's turrets are giant eyeballs

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

vampire symmetra's turrets are giant eyeballs

Okay my opinion of the skin improves somewhat,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hope if I take out my gfx card I can at least snag a few games in old timey TF2 N64 vision