Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bruceski posted:

"Beware of Dog", "No Solicitors", "Do not approach wildlife"

Should have been at Newcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"But whatever they offer you, don't feed the plants"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"No John Constantines"

Paradox!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it says constantineS. we can have one. *surfboard and space helmet constantine sticks his head out of a window*

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

bunnyofdoom posted:

"I wanna be everyone's friend"

"Unless you're John Constantine" is probably a smart clause to have added onto that given what normally happens to his friends.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it says constantineS. we can have one. *surfboard and space helmet constantine sticks his head out of a window*

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

90's redesign?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

90's redesign?

Doom Patrol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't have to count them to know that there's more than 17 syllables in that narration.

Marvel Premiere #23

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Boo, your post explaining it should've been in haiku form.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And try to upstage the joke of the Funny Panel? Never!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It was a BIG rock!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

It was a BIG rock!

Almost Got Him is one of my favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ConfusedUs posted:

Almost Got Him is one of my favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series

I think it's one of everyone's favorite episodes.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Batman being the straight man in a Constantine team up worked surprisingly well and it's totally a thing they should revisit in his own comics.

Also, isn't it weird Batman and Superman hasn't met/teamed up with Apollo/Midnighter? Think if the possibilities of that one!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think no one wants to touch the gay angle for a variety of reasons

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dunno, I think Batman and Superman would probably look at those two, look at each other and go "Yeah, makes sense."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Superman is totally gay. How else do you explain this?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I dunno, I think Batman and Superman would probably look at those two, look at each other and go "Yeah, makes sense."
Duh, but are the higher-ups/marketing ok with that? Play one note wrong and it becomes a Fox News punching bag for a month. Sounds like "any publicity is good publicity" PR but if it dents Wal-Mart T-Shirt sales in Oklahoma then Time Warner will think twice.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I wish comics just accepted the subtext as text already, let Bats & Supes be bisexual so they can retain their history without hamfistedly revealing it all to be an act like Iceman.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Woebin posted:

I wish comics just accepted the subtext as text already, let Bats & Supes be bisexual so they can retain their history without hamfistedly revealing it all to be an act like Iceman.

There is no subtext about Bats & Supes sexuality that the reader is not reading into (unless you count the whole crazy "Batman and Joker love each other" thing, in which case, ew) and turning them bi would be just as bad as the whole hamfisted "I read your mind" poo poo they did with Iceman.

Tim Drake on the other hand...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

mind the walrus posted:

Duh, but are the higher-ups/marketing ok with that? Play one note wrong and it becomes a Fox News punching bag for a month. Sounds like "any publicity is good publicity" PR but if it dents Wal-Mart T-Shirt sales in Oklahoma then Time Warner will think twice.

It's kind of hosed up that moral guardians would get more pissy about a gay superhero couple appearing in a book with Batman and Superman than the story where Spider-Man sold his marriage to Satan. You'd think the godbothers would have opinions on that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's kind of hosed up that moral guardians would get more pissy about a gay superhero couple appearing in a book with Batman and Superman than the story where Spider-Man sold his marriage to Satan. You'd think the godbothers would have opinions on that.

Spidey sold his marriage to Mephisto, who is just one of a bunch of demon/devil-type extradimensional entities in the Marvel universe.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

As an Oklahoma native who does in fact own a Batman shirt I did in fact buy at Walmart I would be fine with Batman being gay. It does seem a little pointless considering his romantic life is a barren wasteland regardless of the gender he's going after. And Midnighter existing also makes gay Batman kind of superfluous.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

McCloud posted:

There is no subtext about Bats & Supes sexuality that the reader is not reading into (unless you count the whole crazy "Batman and Joker love each other" thing, in which case, ew) and turning them bi would be just as bad as the whole hamfisted "I read your mind" poo poo they did with Iceman.

Yes. You also run into the problem of two characters who have been portrayed as friends for decades (different degrees of friendship, but friendship none the less) being turned to lovers just smacks of the worst example of shipping. (Characters spending time together? It must be because they want to jump each others bones!)

[quote="McCloud" post=""465259558"] Tim Drake on the other hand. [/quote]

This I do agree with, without invalidating my above point.
Because not only does Tim have a connection with Kon, he also has these traits that Batman/Superman lack.

Like how Tim has this bizarre aura of celibacy around everyone (even his girlfriend. )
But when Superboy dies he is all tears and "I must violate God's Laws to bring him back!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

purple death ray posted:

As an Oklahoma native

:sympathy:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

Yes. You also run into the problem of two characters who have been portrayed as friends for decades (different degrees of friendship, but friendship none the less) being turned to lovers just smacks of the worst example of shipping. (Characters spending time together? It must be because they want to jump each others bones!)

This I do agree with, without invalidating my above point.
Because not only does Tim have a connection with Kon, he also has these traits that Batman/Superman lack.

Like how Tim has this bizarre aura of celibacy around everyone (even his girlfriend. )
But when Superboy dies he is all tears and "I must violate God's Laws to bring him back!"

Exactly. Tim being gay works surprisingly well, to the point I am surprised they didn't go with it during the reboot. Although I suppose it would lead to the whole "Lonely bachelor spends his time hanging around a gay teen" angle that they're probably very keen on avoiding.

Edit: It's apparently totally ok for him to gently caress his protegè if it's Barbara though. Ew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Superman is totally gay. How else do you explain this?

Pink Kryptonite.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Steve Ditko - Lazlo's Hammer (apparently)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I am stuck in a doctors office and have no panels to post. So could you all post funny panels to read instead of discussing who should be loving who in comics? Namaste.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The Lumberjanes have to herd some mutated kitties.

Once they're rounded up...

Lumberjanes #25

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One Punch Man.

Pig God has an interesting monster fighting technique.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

prefect posted:

Spidey sold his marriage to Mephisto, who is just one of a bunch of demon/devil-type extradimensional entities in the Marvel universe.

And if you believe that, he's got a bridge in Brooklyn he'd like to trade your soul for.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I forget, did Jonah and Perry ever interact during the crossovers?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's okay, she's venomous not poisonous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lurdiak posted:

I forget, did Jonah and Perry ever interact during the crossovers?

I vaguely recall one of the crossovers featuring The Daily Bugle-Star and Perry and Jonah were co-EICs, and during some major event Perry is yelling for Clark to go cover the story and Jonah is roaring at Peter to go with him and take photographs :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bruceski posted:

It's okay, she's venomous not poisonous.

That has been discussed in the OPM thread. The consensus was that she is both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah but is she into vore?