Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRulE7YDAN0

Ok?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Just got an email from Amazon this morning about it. Color me....semi-interested?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

I've been waiting to see where to pre-order from, and that's probably the best bet. Plus I think you get a 20% discount when pre-ordering if you have Amazon prime?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Schwartzcough posted:

I've been waiting to see where to pre-order from, and that's probably the best bet. Plus I think you get a 20% discount when pre-ordering if you have Amazon prime?

Yes, for preorder and until 2 weeks after release you'll receive a 20% discount if you're a Prime member.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

welp this may be the first time I attempt that sketchy 'preorder the amazon copy and cancel after they send you their promotion code' move since I already have a copy paid for at the square store

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok I took this from neogaf I think the different order options are something like

Day One buy: masamune
Deluxe edition: masamune, royal raiment outfit, platinum car
Ultimate edition: masamune, royal raiment outfit, platinum car, travel pack, camera kit, angler set, gourmand set (squenix store exclusive)

Gamestop: A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV, a tie-in game which takes place 30 years before the main title and features retro-style graphics
Amazon: Final Fantasy Road Trip DLC (gold car, travel pack, camera kit, gourmand set, gae bolg, mage mashers, blazefire sabre), 20% discount
Microsoft Store: $10 gift code
BB:Best Buy: $10 in reward certificates and 20% off for Unlocked members; 20% off Kingsglaive movie
Square Enix Online Store Exclusive Offer - Receive a free FINAL FANTASY® XV postcard set

XB1 digital: A special Noctis outfit for your Avatar
PS4 digital: Final Fantasy 15 “Big Bang” theme

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A King's Tale looks pretty awful so Amazon seems like it's easily the best option.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

ok I took this from neogaf I think the different order options are something like

Day One buy: masamune
Deluxe edition: masamune, royal raiment outfit, platinum car
Ultimate edition: masamune, royal raiment outfit, platinum car, travel pack, camera kit, angler set, gourmand set (squenix store exclusive)

Gamestop: A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV, a tie-in game which takes place 30 years before the main title and features retro-style graphics
Amazon: Final Fantasy Road Trip DLC (gold car, travel pack, camera kit, gourmand set, gae bolg, mage mashers, blazefire sabre), 20% discount
Microsoft Store: $10 gift code
BB:Best Buy: $10 in reward certificates and 20% off for Unlocked members; 20% off Kingsglaive movie
Square Enix Online Store Exclusive Offer - Receive a free FINAL FANTASY® XV postcard set

XB1 digital: A special Noctis outfit for your Avatar
PS4 digital: Final Fantasy 15 “Big Bang” theme

Eh, anyone feel like DLC pre-ordering has gotten a bit tiring? I've stopped pre ordering games because in the end I realized it's not worth it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Alder posted:

Eh, anyone feel like DLC pre-ordering has gotten a bit tiring? I've stopped pre ordering games because in the end I realized it's not worth it.

It's a sham.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Also it's $70 for the regular edition:v:

I miss the good old days when games were $50 new.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Alder posted:

Also it's $70 for the regular edition:v:

I miss the good old days when games were $50 new.

It's $60. Same as every other game. Unless you live in some hosed up country.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Alder posted:

Also it's $100+ for the regular edition:v:

I miss the still-not-great old days when games were $70 new.

:australia::shepicide:

This November is not looking good for my wallet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Pre-ordering the regular edition on Amazon gets me ten bucks off so cool, let's go for it.

I don't remember this byzantine DLC bullshit ever going well, though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's $60. Same as every other game. Unless you live in some hosed up country.

Amazon charges tax for NY so overall total is $70.73 :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

golden chocobo car skin :negative:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

preordering is the only ethical way to game

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Is Road Trip US only, or does it seem like amazon.ca will offer it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Alder posted:

Amazon charges tax for NY so overall total is $70.73 :smith:

As an Oregoon I mock your sales tax from the comfort of my lovely cardboard box of a state economy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kalensc posted:

Is Road Trip US only, or does it seem like amazon.ca will offer it?

There was nothing on the .ca site indicating the road trip thing. I'd assume no, but maybe they are slow to update.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is it possible to pre-order games using a Amazon Prime trial then when it expires you can keep the 20% discount? I feel like this not possible but who knows.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Every time people bring up the high cost of games, I always get nostalgic for when I bought FF3(6) for ~80CAD$, and VII for ~85, not including tax. Ah yase.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Alder posted:

Is it possible to pre-order games using a Amazon Prime trial then when it expires you can keep the 20% discount? I feel like this not possible but who knows.

Since they charge you when the order ships I'm gonna say that probably doesn't work.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Ugh...now I have to chose between King's Tale (I love 8-bit gaming) or the Amazon DLC..

Wendell
May 11, 2003

King's Tale looks horrible, but pre-order weapon DLC is usually useful for about ten minutes of game time.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Wendell posted:

King's Tale looks horrible, but pre-order weapon DLC is usually useful for about ten minutes of game time.

One assumes they learned their lesson with DLC in Lightning Returns.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Shoren posted:

One assumes they learned their lesson with DLC in Lightning Returns.

Why would you assume that?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

outside of the staple fetch/kill quests, not much to do in it.

Yeah there's not much else to do other than WATCHING THE loving STEW, GODDAMMIT NOCTIS ARGH

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Kid won't eat his greens and now this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Noctis is a dork.

The amazon option is the only real option there. 20% off is 20% off. Simple as that.
Minimises your losses if the game sucks, and that's a real thing that can happen when you pre-order anything at all and if it doesn't, you got a bunch of stuff with the game and saved 20%.

The game thing is a limited tie in so it's going to be pretty bad and it'll all be available in the end most likely.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unless you live in the UK where they've only just implemented their Prime pre-order scheme: £2 off a game!

Still available cheaper everywhere else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's with all that tax amazon pay to us. They're basically bankrupt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's with all that tax amazon pay to us. They're basically bankrupt.

They operate at a loss everywhere, mainly to kill their competition.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I dunno guys, I'm getting a little worried. It sounds like FFXV might not actually be that bad: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/19/13326636/final-fantasy-15-pre-review-first-hours-preview-video-square-enix-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one

I don't know how I'd feel to get a good FF again. It was a whole other lifetime when that happened last.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This just means it's bad in ways these journalists have yet to discover, relax.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Never like anything, there. Solved you problem. And call it trash if anyone says otherwise to double down.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Schwartzcough posted:

I dunno guys, I'm getting a little worried. It sounds like FFXV might not actually be that bad: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/19/13326636/final-fantasy-15-pre-review-first-hours-preview-video-square-enix-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one

I don't know how I'd feel to get a good FF again. It was a whole other lifetime when that happened last.

It was only 3 years ago.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't wait for Noted Good Game Final Fantasy XV

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Schwartzcough posted:

quote:

The best parts by far are the team-up moves. Every time you attack an enemy from behind (a "blindside" attack) or parry an enemy blow, there’s a chance to launch into a team-up move with one of your party members.

Sold. I mean, the game has literally already been sold to me, I'll pick it up o midnight of the day it comes out, but still. Double sold.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
I've watched enough of FFXV at this point that I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting, and it's something I'm sure I'll really like. There's only a few things that seem off-putting to me. Most of them minor, but the one major one is that the camera when in-doors looks pretty bad. I've heard that they gonna issue a day-one patch to try and fix the camera but honestly I'm not entirely sure how they're gonna do it. The way the camera acts in close-quarters seems like a natural consequence of how they've decided to do the interiors combined with the battle system they implemented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Schwartzcough posted:

how do you have a Somethingawful account if FFXIV was a lifetime ago for you

• Locked thread