Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

that app store dev whos account was killed by Apple has recordings proving apple has been lying about the whole thing. his only mistake was paying for a dev account for a scummy relative. the company, it's a piece of poo poo

He claims it was for a relative. Did you listen to the phone call he recorded? (a phone call with unusually high call quality)

The Apple rep sounds very frustrated with the guy. The thing about writing a blog post to get his account back seems weird, and its possible it was the Dash developer's idea. It's clear that all Apple wants (if the call is real) is for the guy to stop claiming the accounts aren't linked, and the Apple rep even mentions that they're both set up to pay out to the same bank account, and the developer keeps pleading ignorance.

The dude says that Apple never contacted him, and that's probably Apple's only real mistake: they contacted the account being used for fraudulent activity, but didn't contact both. Of course, if the other account really was for his relative, then why didn't his relative tell him that Apple was threatening to close both accounts?

As people were saying when this whole thing first came out, the Dash developer wasn't telling the whole story. He probably still isn't.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

only an insane person would depend on the Apple iTunes App Store for their livelihood at this point. nobody in this story is credible

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
The dude is just some dumbass who thought he could get away with having two accounts, and using one to crank out low quality apps and commit review fraud to help his main app.

If he only paid for the $99/year fee once, then why not point out that after that it was paid for with a different credit card to show it wasn't his account? Why would you set up your "relative's" account to pay out to your own bank account?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I've lost sympathy for him after hearing the phone call, although I think a lot got lost in translation there. He lives in Romania so I'm surprised his english skills are as good as they are.

Apple really bent over backwards to give him another chance but he sure burned that bridge good by secretly recording them :downs: and in the process he's screwing over all the people who already bought the app on iOS and won't ever regain access to their purchase.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he's already released a license migration tool to the non-app store version.

EDIT: i missed the "ios" part of your post nm.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

talking with some of the university purchasing guys about apple computers and they have an interesting theory on the release date timing: apple always introduces new products a few weeks after the college semester starts. education is a major market, and they do this so that they can dump their old stock on the educational system by working around their known purchasing deadlines.

the numbers check out

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

talking with some of the university purchasing guys about apple computers and they have an interesting theory on the release date timing: apple always introduces new products a few weeks after the college semester starts. education is a major market, and they do this so that they can dump their old stock on the educational system by working around their known purchasing deadlines.

the numbers check out

class has been going for almost 2 months now and my univ. dept needed to purchase new mac workstations before school started and frustratingly enough, we had to buy a couple ancient macbooks so i don't think your numbers are right.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Doc Block posted:

and the Apple rep even mentions that they're both set up to pay out to the same bank account

lol @ this amateur hour poo poo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I need a MacBook cmon its been like 500 days I need my fix man

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I need to upgrade my million year old home iMac. can't decide if I should go 5k iMac or just switch to a MacBook Pro.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
5k imac haver here and it is the ultimate epic own zone

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
macbook pro owns if you're someone like me to takes their laptop to work every day

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!" I exclaim as I turn into a three-year-old mac

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Phoenixan posted:

macbook pro owns if you're someone like me to takes their laptop to work every day

why would you bring your own computer to work.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Sagebrush posted:

the numbers check out

nah they announce new computers at end of October for holiday season

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

nah they announce new computers at end of October for holiday season

new computers for the biggest shopping season of the year? that doesn't make any sense. im going to go with this conspiracy theory about loving their customers when they are really desperate and then releasing products right after to rub their noses in it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

r u ready to WALK posted:

I've lost sympathy for him after hearing the phone call, although I think a lot got lost in translation there. He lives in Romania so I'm surprised his english skills are as good as they are.

Apple really bent over backwards to give him another chance but he sure burned that bridge good by secretly recording them :downs: and in the process he's screwing over all the people who already bought the app on iOS and won't ever regain access to their purchase.

their fault for purchasing an app in an ecosystem where the app can be taken away from them whenever apple pleases

*returns to attempting to find an app, any app, in google play that is not a shovelware game or malware*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my freaking iphone wouldn't charge today no matter which cable I used and I had to reboot the phone to fix it. what a freaking piece of crap the apple iphone is.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

GameCube posted:

my freaking iphone wouldn't charge today no matter which cable I used and I had to reboot the phone to fix it, lois. what a freaking piece of crap the apple iphone is, lois

atomicthumbs posted:

their fault for purchasing an app in an ecosystem where the app can be taken away from them whenever apple pleases

*returns to attempting to find an app, any app, in google play that is not a shovelware game or malware*

it's me, I'm the library desperately assembled from free Amazon app of the week deals

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Agile Vector posted:

it's me, I'm the library desperately assembled from free Amazon app of the week deals

I have free, high-quality premium apps, and all I had to do was sell my soul and marketing data to google on the regular

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GameCube posted:

my freaking iphone wouldn't charge today no matter which cable I used and I had to reboot the phone to fix it. what a freaking piece of crap the apple iphone is.

get a toothpick and dig all the crushed lint out of the lightning port

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

graph posted:

we amazed you with an iwatch that spits water

the new apple iphone 8 cleans its own lightning port with a burst of compressed air

(3.5mm canisters of compressed air sold separately)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

graph posted:

this one weird trick fixed my simultaneous charging, headphone (:rip:) and silent mode woes

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

St Evan Echoes posted:

this one weird trick fixed my simultaneous charging, headphone (:rip:) and silent mode woes

maybe try washing your pants once in a while

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

lol if you arent a hot girl that wears leggings 24/7/365

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

GameCube posted:

same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. it coincided with my car charger dying, maybe it has a self preservation thing that shuts off the port if it gets weird power input

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Phoenixan posted:

prefer the air since id ont realyl need any computing power

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
no one mentioned that yesterday the scotus heard the samsung/apple arguments in which samsung argues that people are more attracted to the features of a phone while apple said that consumers want something that looks cool

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
they're attracted to billions in advertising

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Management posted:

i keep my phone in my bag for i do not want it to bend under normal use in my skinny jeans

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

exploding mummy posted:

no one mentioned that yesterday the scotus heard the samsung/apple arguments in which samsung argues that people are more attracted to the features of a phone while apple said that consumers want something that looks cool

wow both of them said exactly what helps their case for that particular laawsuit what are the odds

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

poty posted:

wow both of them said exactly what helps their case for that particular laawsuit what are the odds

yeah this makes total sense. this is like when Lexus makes an exact copy of that Mercedes sedan.

Lexus is going to say "no it is all about the features" and Mercedes is of course going to say "you ripped off our styling"

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

mishaq posted:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

mishaq posted:

i wish... :smith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mishaq posted:

you mean 24/7/52

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

you mean 24/7/52

what about the other day (or two)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

then you mean 24/365 I guess :spergin:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

this is so amazingly bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
steve's emaciated corpse now spinning so rapidly it's about vaporize into plasma

• Locked thread