Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

Clear the app data. Logging out is also still a bit buggy.

No dice. Thanks for the suggestion though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

What happens when you view the forums in mobile chrome?

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
It asks me to complete a Captcha Robot test and then works fine after that. So I'm guessing the Captcha is confusing Awful app but, I don't know how to stop it from happening. It's a new thing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sounds like a Cloudflare thing

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Gbs isn't showing up for me. Anybody else?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The index refreshes roughly once a day, if you want to refresh manually, there's an option in the thread index settings.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Bananana posted:

Gbs isn't showing up for me. Anybody else?

working as designed

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Requesting a feature to leave GBS permanently hidden so I don't accidentally post there now it's back, tia

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sereri posted:

The index refreshes roughly once a day, if you want to refresh manually, there's an option in the thread index settings.

Worked. Thanks!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Looks like Lowtax sticked a post about moving the forums eventually from vB to Xenforo. I would imagine when (if) this eventually happens, it would gently caress up the app real bad :(

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks Team Barry!

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Daztek posted:

Sounds like a Cloudflare thing

Yeah that's it. I'm connecting from Moscow so, my best guess is Lowtax decided to flag Russia in the settings. I haven't seen Cloudflare connecting from a VPN so I'll try configuring one on my phone and see if that helps.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

pod6isjerks posted:

Yeah that's it. I'm connecting from Moscow so, my best guess is Lowtax decided to flag Russia in the settings. I haven't seen Cloudflare connecting from a VPN so I'll try configuring one on my phone and see if that helps.

You have been outed, Russian spy hacker man

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

site posted:

You have been outed, Russian spy hacker man
first the hillary e-mail guy and now this, what have the forums come to

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

Requesting a feature to leave GBS permanently hidden so I don't accidentally post there now it's back, tia

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Maybe it's because the URL is malformed (don't have a PC to check right now) but I don't think Awful can handle the filter by username.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650732&pagenumber=80&perpage=40#post464817758

This past partially serves as a place for me to check back on this from a PC
--
edit: Yeah, their URL is formed correctly and works on a browser. Looks like it's just in Awful!

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 30, 2016

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done
Found a minor bug I don't think I've seen mentioned - If I open Awful via a link to a thread from a browser (Chrome), that thread opens instead of my bookmarks page when I try to access my bookmarks from the menu. The bookmarks link from the main forums screen still works, though. Closing and reopening the app fixes it.

Running version 3.2.5.0c on Android 5.1 Droid Turbo.

The app is great though, it's my primary SA browser. Thanks!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It would be cool to be able to browse the Leper Colony in the app.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

cocoavalley posted:

Found a minor bug I don't think I've seen mentioned - If I open Awful via a link to a thread from a browser (Chrome), that thread opens instead of my bookmarks page when I try to access my bookmarks from the menu. The bookmarks link from the main forums screen still works, though. Closing and reopening the app fixes it.

Running version 3.2.5.0c on Android 5.1 Droid Turbo.

The app is great though, it's my primary SA browser. Thanks!

Same. Though, I do that so infrequently, I just decided to live with it. Not opposed to it being fixed though, if y'all have the time.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
One (probably quick fix) thing I don't think I've seen mentioned: embedded tweets remain bright white on OLED, but are black on POS themes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the app.

The image menu downloads the attachment.php instead of the actual image file, for pictures attached directly to a post instead of linked via [img] eg. Is there a way to change that?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It's a credentials issue, I don't think the cookie is being sent during the actual download. There's nothing you can do until it's fixed!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's official, we're getting an :siren: API :siren:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

:ohdear:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

api.somethingawful.com/user/your?shitposts=all GET

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 5, 2016

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Lutha Mahtin posted:

api.somethingawful.com/user/your?shitposts=all GET

$user_ignored=1

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

spankmeister posted:

It's official, we're getting an :siren: API :siren:

Holy poo poo, welcome to the 21st century, SA

They've been dragging their feet for years on this, does it mean the forums are finally getting a major overhaul down the line?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hadlock posted:

Holy poo poo, welcome to the 21st century, SA

They've been dragging their feet for years on this, does it mean the forums are finally getting a major overhaul down the line?

read lowtax's announcement

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Oh wow thanks, it's been so long since I've been to GBS that I had to open my laptop to figure out how to get there, since I basically only live in my bookmarks screen in this app.

So they're doing a whole new quasi open source forums software? That's pretty ambitious.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I read it more as bbcode is dead and dreadful and a lot of effort to maintain, if we're going to modernise we may as well go open source at the same time so that when Lowtax finally gets sick of us and wants to call it quits on SA he can do so without feeling like he's killing the community.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

FR: DayDream VR for the entire app

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792745&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=21

page 21 caused the loading Failed message to appear the rest of the thread loads fine

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Hey, you put an image zoom feature in with the "display image" option! Thanks for doing that!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

fluppet posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792745&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=21

page 21 caused the loading Failed message to appear the rest of the thread loads fine

Not happening to me, not sure what might've caused it.

Scaramouche posted:

FR: DayDream VR for the entire app

I know you're joking but Awful for Windows (Awful.appx?) works on the Hololens. Drastic Actions is amazing.

As for the announcements, my interpretation is that they'll be employing the new xenForo forums software and will write (and open-source) extensions that will mimic current forum features like timed probation and, well, feature purchases.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Are they going to reimplement forums cancer so that it actually works? :newlol:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

former glory posted:

Hey, you put an image zoom feature in with the "display image" option! Thanks for doing that!

You can double tap or pinch to zoom.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I just caught up on the thread, and now I'm posting from the Amazon® Approved™ Awful app! Before I just downloaded and installed the Android apk on my Kindle when you posted a link to the updates, but this will be easier. Thanks!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I was hoping the display image function would smooth out large gifs, but it seems it has the opposite effect and they just don't play at all.

Since gif now seems to able to refer to at least three distinct formats (:argh:), here's the latest post I'm having trouble with. Device is 2013 N7 running Android 6.0.1

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A small request: could we get [sub] tags in the BBCode dropdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Having a bug the last week or so and I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting on my end.

Lately the app has just been failing to load while I'm on 3g etc, even though I can still Google poo poo and get other programs working. Works fine on wifi

On a OnePlus 2, Android 6.0.2