Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
You can't buy loot boxes on console so I don't know why everyone on PS4 already has the skins and I don't. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I think on console you can earn them by playing already but not buy until tomorrow

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Proposition Joe posted:

You can't buy loot boxes on console so I don't know why everyone on PS4 already has the skins and I don't. :mad:

You can buy the skins for triple the normal cost.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Hard mode is reasonably hard. I think I'm 1-1(2?) in it, and one of those losses was with two plats, a diamond, and a former top 500 masters. You just have to use sleep-nano-deadeye well basically.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Kurieg posted:

You can buy the skins for triple the normal cost.

Oh right, I forgot! Kind of bummed that I only have around 2000 stored up though. :(

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
Do the Halloween boxes have increased odds? I got 4 legendary skins in 6 of 'em.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

pupuru posted:

Do the Halloween boxes have increased odds? I got 4 legendary skins in 6 of 'em.

Going to guess not

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Someone did the math last time around for the Summer Games loot boxes, but you are guaranteed at least 1 of your 4 items to be from the Halloween set and because that is a small subset of the total items it kind of skews it a little even though I am sure the drop rate itself is the same

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Hardmode Brawl is 90% the same as Medium until the final wave. Your Mcree and Ana need to be in sync as she needs to ult him/heal him until he locks in Reaper/Mercy/Junk in the final wave if you want to cheese the encounter. Also, if you're Mcree, be wary of Roadhog as he'll hook you while you're in mid-ult if your teammates haven't engaged him.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
God snipers make this game so much less fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Proposition Joe posted:

unless they changed something recently, you absolutely can buy loot boxes on console

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

God snipers make this game so much less fun.

I mean if you were a god, what class would you play to troll the mortals?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Manatee Cannon posted:

unless they changed something recently, you absolutely can buy loot boxes on console

You can't buy Halloween loot boxes until tomorrow.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I got close to getting 5 stars on hard mode with a pub.

Is there some kind of reward for getting 5 stars on hard?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm having the worst time trying to make it back to the 2800s from the 2600s after tanking my score by playing with friends

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I mean if you were a god, what class would you play to troll the mortals?

Genji

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm having the worst time trying to make it back to the 2800s from the 2600s after tanking my score by playing with friends

I went from 2700 to 2300 tonight between friends and alcohol

It'll be a fun week, at least, playing Zarya nonstop to get back up

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

1560 to 1100 in a day :smug:

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Efexeye posted:

1560 to 1100 in a day :smug:

What sort of fps experience do you have?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

solo queue, baby

edit: i get exactly what i deserve

boar guy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 12, 2016

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I got Roadhog's Halloween skin in my free box, woot.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I went from low Gold to Plat in a really long win streak with only a few draws today. The draws we're really tense.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I don't think I'm going to be getting any of the Medium+ difficulty event achievements. Hooray, a mode requiring nothing but precise-aim characters. :smith:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Asimo posted:

Yeah I don't think I'm going to be getting any of the Medium+ difficulty event achievements. Hooray, a mode requiring nothing but precise-aim characters. :smith:

A great way to practice them too, in a more realistic setting than the practice range.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

A great way to practice them too, in a more realistic setting than the practice range.
Certainly beats granny-practice.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
A way to practice with hanzo without actively gimping your team. This brawl is ok.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just logged in for the first time since Season 2 started to check out the Halloween stuff, and I find I've suddenly gotten ten Loot Boxes and a Halloween Loot Box. Did they start giving a free box once a week or something? I know I wasn't hacked at least (2FA and no changes in the game stats), just no idea why I suddenly had a bunch of Loot Boxes.

At least the Halloween one gave me Roadhog's Frankenstein skin :allears:. I also appreciate that we can actually buy the drat Halloween stuff this time.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just logged in for the first time since Season 2 started to check out the Halloween stuff, and I find I've suddenly gotten ten Loot Boxes and a Halloween Loot Box. Did they start giving a free box once a week or something? I know I wasn't hacked at least (2FA and no changes in the game stats), just no idea why I suddenly had a bunch of Loot Boxes.

At least the Halloween one gave me Roadhog's Frankenstein skin :allears:. I also appreciate that we can actually buy the drat Halloween stuff this time.

IIRC they gave a bunch of loot boxes as compensation for people who had had issues with a ddos or something.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

IIRC they gave a bunch of loot boxes as compensation for people who had had issues with a ddos or something.

It was something intended for people using the Asian regional servers that inadvertently got given out to a bunch of other people on other servers and Blizzard just said "oh whoops, our bad, have some lootboxes I guess." You got the free Halloween lootbox because they always give you a freebie with each seasonal event.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Did Blizzard put that book there just so they could have that main menu wall paper and avoid another tracerbutt?

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Pretty annoying that my first two Halloween loot boxes had the genji Halloween voice line. I don't play him! At least there is still plenty of time to earn loot boxes. This is a really cool thing that Overwatch is doing, I can't really think of many games that had free seasonal events, besides maybe castle crashers on the 360.

JunXaos
Mar 11, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMBANNED! READ HERE

Shnag posted:

Pretty annoying that my first two Halloween loot boxes had the genji Halloween voice line. I don't play him! At least there is still plenty of time to earn loot boxes. This is a really cool thing that Overwatch is doing, I can't really think of many games that had free seasonal events, besides maybe castle crashers on the 360.

These free events is a good way to get people to spend money on box and keep people interested. They'll make more money than silly pay DLCs.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
At least I'm not buying Map Pack #3 so that I can play with my friends or paying to play someone else than the heroes on weekly rotation or grinding to upgrade my weapons (skip it for 10$!) or something equally stupid that's apparently an ok business model in tyool 2016.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Day two and people asshats start leaving the brawl as soon as the door takes a sliver of damage.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

mcbexx posted:

Day two and people asshats start leaving the brawl as soon as the door takes a sliver of damage.

Coolguys already have that achievement and no longer give a gently caress about the door beyond its last single hp.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Got the Reaper and Zenyetta skins within 4 loot boxes and 3 weeks to grind out the coins for Mercy. Pretty happy!

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What's the best hero and playstyle that will maximize my team's chance of losing, but also makes it seem like I'm not trolling? I'm trying to deboost to sub 1k so I can get easy games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten a single Halloween skin out of 7 boxes :(

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

junan_paalla posted:

At least I'm not buying Map Pack #3 so that I can play with my friends or paying to play someone else than the heroes on weekly rotation or grinding to upgrade my weapons (skip it for 10$!) or something equally stupid that's apparently an ok business model in tyool 2016.

I always found it absurd in battlefield games that I usually only saw half of the weapons, since I didn't grind them all out. Its cool in Overwatch that everyone has access to the same kits so don't have to deal with getting killed by that one kind of shotgun or sniper rifle that you haven't unlocked yet. Also paying the same price as the game it self to have access to maps is very dumb. Overwatch's way keeps old players coming back for more, keeping the numbers up, meaning more people to buy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

qkkl posted:

What's the best hero and playstyle that will maximize my team's chance of losing, but also makes it seem like I'm not trolling? I'm trying to deboost to sub 1k so I can get easy games.

Play as a flanker and just diasappear behind enemy lines without doing much.

Slampick genji players do this all the time.