Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

14 BAR RIFF posted:

For scale that's a 32mm axle nut and a 4x120mm lug spacing.

4x120? :stare:

Honda was a huge fan of 4x100 on everything through the 80s (and 90s Civics + Integras still used 4x100), what the hell Honda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Honda was a huge fan of 4x100 on everything through the 80s (and 90s Civics + Integras still used 4x100), what the hell Honda?

You must be new to this thread

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

You really don't need much for that car. I figured it came with drums.

The N/Z/S600 was even cuter on 10" rims.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Only used on 73-79 Civic and 76-81 Accord across all makes and models :haw:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CharlesM posted:

I didn't realize it has disc brakes.

Honda racing heritage, bitches.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I was gonna say... never even heard of that spacing before. The first result on Google for 4x120 was 1stgencivic.com. :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I feel at this point it's simpler to run the pad against the rim and call the rims a wear item

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

What the poo poo? They going for smallest pad to caliper ratio or what? Dammit Honda

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

NitroSpazzz posted:

What the poo poo? They going for smallest pad to caliper ratio or what? Dammit Honda

But my god does it ever bite

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

Hello filthy Americans! I am Soichiro Honda, the man who built his first motorcycle from first principles out of a discarded radio in an obliterated postwar Japan.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Only used on 73-79 Civic and 76-81 Accord across all makes and models :haw:
Holy poo poo I thought I was looking at the shoes of a drum brake with the drum off and one shoe missing :classiclol:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Hello filthy Americans! I am Soichiro Honda, the man who built his first motorcycle from first principles out of a discarded radio in an obliterated postwar Japan.
Stories of Soichiro make it very difficult to keep my next car from being a Honda.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Then he added two wheels and some sheet metal to a Goldwing and called it a Civic.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

scuz posted:

Stories of Soichiro make it very difficult to keep my next car from being a Honda.

Just make sure it's not the civic which uses a wing nut to tension the alternator.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
INCOMING http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2016/10/warming-major-storms-threaten-pacific.html?m=1

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I better go get gas and air up my tires.

When are you going on your trip?
Do you need a multimeter? or a 19mm/21mm socket? I have extra

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
AGENT INCH DICK.
THIS MISSION, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, IS CONTAINED IN A CORVAIR THAT WILL SELF DESTRUCT at a RANDOM TIME IF YOU DONT MAKE IT INCH DICK COOL
IF THE MISSION FAILS WHO CARES???
GOOD LUCK.
https://vimeo.com/111262957

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
So this showed up on my Facebooks

internet life and real life are merging

this is the start of a Cronenberg movie isn't it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think you should write "THE SHABBINESS OF MY CAR IS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE" on it but maybe that's just asking for it even more.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

So this showed up on my Facebooks

internet life and real life are merging

this is the start of a Cronenberg movie isn't it

Ooh. Parked by a fire hydrant.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That is one long fiero

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

Ooh. Parked by a fire hydrant.

Everybody parks there, even the parking enfor cement ignores it as long as you aren't blocking it directly. Parking suuuuuucks

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hey 14, just a theory: it have probably have been cheaper to have put in a single cam EFI D-series by now? I know you gotta have rocking horse poo poo and pain but I think the performance would be pretty awesome.

I admire your persistence.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I saw not one, not two, but THREE causemaros (in condition and even color, in one case) parked next to each other on Green St in Clinton MA today on my way to work and thought of you.

Guy's got dedication to his chosen automotive platform, I'll give him that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Wrar posted:

Hey 14, just a theory: it have probably have been cheaper to have put in a single cam EFI D-series by now? I know you gotta have rocking horse poo poo and pain but I think the performance would be pretty awesome.

I admire your persistence.

Far as I know, with the 1200 anything other than the EB series requires significant modification to even fit. The CVCCS are 3" longer, and only require moderate modification. Basically the firewall is in the way :v:

It's just one of those days.

Plus side I'm back up to 2 working calipers. New pads too.

Now I just need to find where I put the rest of the pad hardware.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Office Max has them for 1.39 per 100: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/429175/Office-Depot-Brand-Paper-Clips-Jumbo/ :v:

Actually, the pads look about the same size as other modern small Hondas.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It's just one of those days.

Where you don't want to wake up
Everything's hosed

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CharlesM posted:

When are you going on your trip?
Do you need a multimeter? or a 19mm/21mm socket? I have extra

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
End of this month. The meter would be incredibly helpful.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Btw in case anyone was wondering how a dual piston caliper works when it's bolted to the strut here's a handy flow chart of the transfer of force.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Btw in case anyone was wondering how a dual piston caliper works when it's bolted to the strut here's a handy flow chart of the transfer of force.

Like some kind of bizarre hybrid of fixed and floating, I like it.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It took me a second to wrap my head around it but drat, that's nifty.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Beach Bum posted:

It took me a second to wrap my head around it but drat, that's nifty.

Saab did the same thing but also built the handbrake into the unit too just because there wasn't enough to go wrong and sieze up on it already!

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Tomarse posted:

Saab did the same thing but also built the handbrake into the unit too just because there wasn't enough to go wrong and sieze up on it already!

Oh, the countless hours of fun I had with our old 1982 Saab 99 trying to get the front brakes to do their job properly...

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Hey 14....

Spiders Ingest Nanotubes, Then Weave Silk Reinforced with Carbon

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sounds like we found the coffee shop owner.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
IT'S NOT A CVCC

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

14in is internet famous

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Have you introduced these people to the 14 Inches to Nebraska GoFundMe?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

14in is internet famous

Do you have any idea how long I've waited for the day when I get recognised by something other than the sex offender registry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
What year/engine is your civic? I've found an EB2 '77 that looks quite rad

• Locked thread