Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh hell yeah got the arms on my Titan and the dick towel. Raid shader here I come. blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Surrre, Moist carries the fusion rifle banner for a year and no one gives a poo poo, then a sweaty gay dude tries one out and suddenly everyone is all FUSIONS YAY. :buddy:

Only og fusion users will remember this

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Fusion rifles are bad but I tried out the Stellar Vestige and I got a few kills and it felt pretty crispy. Was not complete trash, like most fusion rifles, and it looked good in my hands

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Great raid tonight folks, we tried two new things both of which were great for aksis p2.

First, DPS phase from the front when aksis is anywhere else. Lets everyone get into the bubble faster and start doing their job.

Second, assuming everyone has LL to not get penalized, cannoners slam with cannons and dps with them when in empowered positions.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDbXFBgb7VQ

Look at this poo poo. Just look at it. Everything wrong with Destiny in 10 seconds.

From my amazing disappearing bullets, to his god like sniper accuracy and then him finally getting mapped by my team mates shotgun.

:negative:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play strikes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DO rank up, last-ditch with linear compensator, hand loaded, hammer forged, and rangefinder. :stare:

Also has aggballs if I really want to crank the impact up but why bother when the thing's a loving sniper rifle and an amplitude backed melee is gonna be right behind it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Awesome! posted:

why were streamers "lucky and buttwipe" chosen to do that bungie pvp thing awhile ago? i just watched a little bit of one of their streams and they seem pretty bad compared to a couple bsk streams ive watched over the last couple days.

Let me put it this way: I'm definately not in the elite tier of pvp players. But I'm really good, really good.

I dropped a ~.8 in that Bungie bounty match.

Lucky and Buttwipe dropped 0.5s.

The reason for this is the rest of the lobby was actual elite players on both sides, including multiple dudes with weekly first lighthouse runs.

Lucky and Butt are extremely good players but they are nowhere near top top class. What they are is buddies with Cozmo.

Bungie isn't going to have Bens and Bob The Demigod poo poo on everyone and crush kids souls, they want a few people to beat their dudes.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 12, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Play strikes

I played some PvE with TLW and it's amazing how good the hit reg is. But you go into PvP and... welp.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Surrre, Moist carries the fusion rifle banner for a year and no one gives a poo poo, then a sweaty gay dude tries one out and suddenly everyone is all FUSIONS YAY. :buddy:

Moist has carried the banner, much respect.

But there's been two recent developments in fusion rifle land that have made ones other than the Thesian cool and good.

1) Super high impact ones got a massive stability buff. So now you don't need to run braced frame or hand laid. Instead you can run rangefinder and put 4 bolts on someone's rear end in a split second.

2) curated fusion rifles with nearly vertical tight pellet spread. Oryx raid rifle, the last two trials ones, the panta Rhei - these guys don't need stability because they have a nice spread that's easy to put on a dude at mid-close range. So you can stack range here too.

Plan C is a good example of the Range>Stability development. Everyone used to run smart drift and perfect balance, but now it's field choke and hammer forged.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Moist has carried the banner, much respect.

But there's been two recent developments in fusion rifle land that have made ones other than the Thesian cool and good.

1) Super high impact ones got a massive stability buff. So now you don't need to run braced frame or hand laid. Instead you can run rangefinder and put 4 bolts on someone's rear end in a split second.

2) curated fusion rifles with nearly vertical tight pellet spread. Oryx raid rifle, the last two trials ones, the panta Rhei - these guys don't need stability because they have a nice spread that's easy to put on a dude at mid-close range. So you can stack range here too.

Plan C is a good example of the Range>Stability development. Everyone used to run smart drift and perfect balance, but now it's field choke and hammer forged.

Would you run the new trials fusion with reinforced barrel?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yup

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i used to not be able to hit a barn with the kings fall fusion. it has more stability now?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

king's fall fusion has always been sneaky good, straight-up recoil means you could really nail some dudes once you learn how to compensate for the recoil

honestly though in the game's current state if you aren't running the highest impact+range shotgun you are going to lose fights you should be winning so I don't know what the point is

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yooooooo this is timely

https://m.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/57258m/y3_crucible_fusion_rifle_master_guide_the/

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

king's fall fusion has always been sneaky good, straight-up recoil means you could really nail some dudes once you learn how to compensate for the recoil

honestly though in the game's current state if you aren't running the highest impact+range shotgun you are going to lose fights you should be winning so I don't know what the point is

Because enough retards are using shotties now that you can actually smoke some people with fusions when you play it right.

Even beyond just retards, if everyone is using a shotgun you can play off your shotgun using teammates and use a fusion effectively if you understand what makes them tick now. Applies more to 6s. Clash and control especially.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because enough retards are using shotties now that you can actually smoke some people with fusions when you play it right.

Even beyond just retards, if everyone is using a shotgun you can play off your shotgun using teammates and use a fusion effectively if you understand what makes them tick now. Applies more to 6s. Clash and control especially.

I primarily play sixes and have mained fusion rifles for literally all of destiny, 17% of all my kills are with fusions

I've loving given up on them though and just went all Matador all the time. No more "that guy should be loving dead what the gently caress". if I win, I'm better. If I lose, it's my fault, not some fucker eating bolts and not taking damage for some lovely reason. don't get me wrong, I love fusions. I love them so much. It's just not worth the frustration in the loving lovely lagfest sbmm tier I'm in.

this is why pocket infinity is the best that ever was, hit recognition isn't gonna gently caress up all three+ bursts

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Seven raid completions without a class item lol

I accidentally had blessing instead of weapons on the first dps phase, otherwise we would have killed him in three rounds easy

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

Seven raid completions without a class item lol

I accidentally had blessing instead of weapons on the first dps phase, otherwise we would have killed him in three rounds easy

Why did you delete me from your friends list?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yo buff gay dude i got a wizard with truesight, performance bonus, rifled barrel, cascade

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Don't ignore me, Scott....

Oh Ok nvm I got your pm. Lol

el B fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 12, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm breaking up with u

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/uoNPHZR.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Eh he didn't kill you from behind after disappearing 6/10

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's unbelievable how many shotgun morons I stunted on with the vacancy this IB week

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I played some PvE with TLW and it's amazing how good the hit reg is. But you go into PvP and... welp.

Yeah I ran it for a good chunk of VoG and Crota before RoI dropped and it was useable.

Same with poo poo like hawkmoon and palindrome fine in pve the rng bullets cause a miss like 1/10. In crucible its way higher.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, i find my kd gets better if I'm piggybacking off lesser players when i run tlw because that level of movement simply isnt there compared to the higher levels. Shotguns you still get lovely trades but yeah I completely agree. Roll in a fireteam and youre ok playing off a little.

Its much harder solo rolling or 3s.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Eagerly anticipating absolomb's fusion montage from Trials...

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

deadwing posted:

pocket infinity is the best that ever was

Mayhem pocket infinity aka hilarious laughter as dudes get disco'd out of this world.

Also I took a break but I thought they fixed the "handcannons just randomly miss" thing? It seems worse than ever, though my rustiness is probably also contributing. IB trying to use Hawkmoon or TLW was an exercise in frustration, but I hear the vendor palindrome is hot poo poo and have been killed by it a bunch, so looking forward to maybe having a handcannon that isn't poo poo soon?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ambi posted:

Mayhem pocket infinity aka hilarious laughter as dudes get disco'd out of this world.

Also I took a break but I thought they fixed the "handcannons just randomly miss" thing? It seems worse than ever, though my rustiness is probably also contributing. IB trying to use Hawkmoon or TLW was an exercise in frustration, but I hear the vendor palindrome is hot poo poo and have been killed by it a bunch, so looking forward to maybe having a handcannon that isn't poo poo soon?

HC ghosting is pretty bad right now

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

With a decent group of human beings, the whole raid is doable and It feel like in a few days it will be in farm mode.

With a pickup up of randos the raid is doable till the end withouth many wipes, but Aksys phase 2 is a dream, or a nightmare. Unachievable.

The final enemy on destiny are not shanks or sniper foes, is bad communication.

PVP TALK: I am tryiing a new tecnique with great succes. I choose a long paseway with a lot of trafic / team fights. And I spam bullets with the Outbreak Prime. Got me MVP 3 times in 4 games yesterday. But I was with a group of people, so maybe I was playing in a different skill tier, so the experiment is not final. .

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 12, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish Y2 and Y3 weapons could come with Y1 sights sometimes. I still think Y1 had the best weapon sights over Y2. But of course once Bungie is done it's an insult to want to go back.

Also, is last weeks Iron Saga gear supposed to just be a non-ornament version of the Days of Iron gear? It just seemed weird to get a new set of gear that looks exactly like the gear set I got earlier on.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

I wish Y2 and Y3 weapons could come with Y1 sights sometimes. I still think Y1 had the best weapon sights over Y2. But of course once Bungie is done it's an insult to want to go back.

Also, is last weeks Iron Saga gear supposed to just be a non-ornament version of the Days of Iron gear? It just seemed weird to get a new set of gear that looks exactly like the gear set I got earlier on.

The Iron Saga armor is just the Days or Iron armor if you swapped out the fur for chainmail.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That's pretty lame. Fur is cool.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Do blues cap at 340 light or something, I swear I've seen them go above that before but recently literally every blue engrams I get is 340

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Darth Windu posted:

Do blues cap at 340 light or something, I swear I've seen them go above that before but recently literally every blue engrams I get is 340

Blue engrams cap at 340, legendary engrams cap at 365. But both have a small chance of giving you an exotic that doesn't cap out at those. You're basically wanting to buy legendaries from vendors to get to 350 and the blues there will help you get to 360, because blues dropped from Heroic Strike Bosses will go up higher than engrams. At that point you'll have to rely on legendary engrams to get upgrades to 365.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Blues that drop already decrypted can drop higher than 340. Strike boss drops or whatever. But engrams never decrypt higher than 340.

Edit: Ularg added this info in an edit...

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ularg posted:

Blue engrams cap at 340, legendary engrams cap at 365. But both have a small chance of giving you an exotic that doesn't cap out at those. You're basically wanting to buy legendaries from vendors to get to 350 and the blues there will help you get to 360, because blues dropped from Heroic Strike Bosses will go up higher than engrams. At that point you'll have to rely on legendary engrams to get upgrades to 365.

Thank you. Guess I'm doing a bunch of strikes then!! Wish I had done more iron bnner, when does that come back

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Darth Windu posted:

Thank you. Guess I'm doing a bunch of strikes then!! Wish I had done more iron bnner, when does that come back

Yup, do regular strikes as you buy legendary gear from vendors or get from engrams until you hit 350. Then heroic strikes to 360. Then anything for legendary engrams for 365. Then faction rank ups, Iron Banner, Trials, and the raid to go past that.

I also noticed that I'm able to get 370+ gear from Archon's Forge. Not sure if it's limited to just Perfected offerings but I've gotten pieces of armor and weapons up to 372 (I'm LL 373).

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Bone Krew has a large, rock solid, throbbing set of pvp players who - while some aren't the best - are always down to clown and listen to rad 80's hair rock over the comms and slaying pubs/puss

We always welcome new members to the krew, provided you pass all required training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ularg posted:

Yup, do regular strikes as you buy legendary gear from vendors or get from engrams until you hit 350. Then heroic strikes to 360. Then anything for legendary engrams for 365. Then faction rank ups, Iron Banner, Trials, and the raid to go past that.

I also noticed that I'm able to get 370+ gear from Archon's Forge. Not sure if it's limited to just Perfected offerings but I've gotten pieces of armor and weapons up to 372 (I'm LL 373).

I'm 349 and I've been doing heroics since 345, you gotta be careful but they're doable. Should I buy legendary engrams from the engramographer?

Oh also are the gunsmith test items still worth doing?

• Locked thread