Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

misty mountaintop posted:

Wire is a hideous bitch goddess. What do you mean kinks? What gauge of wire are you using?

Wire wrapping some Cabochon stones for pendant necklaces because I can't do silversmithing yet. Kinks meaning I suck at bending the wire so I have to fiddle with it till it's even but when it's even there are little tiny bends in the wire I can't straighten without either undoing the whole thing or scratching up the wire.

I'm using 1mm and .8mm for some basic stuff but I'm gonna go to .4mm when I can get to the craft store. Good tip on homedepot I should try there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

BYOB lurker checking in per mandated welcome thread rules.

welcome friend :wave:

Arkanomen posted:

Wire wrapping some Cabochon stones for pendant necklaces because I can't do silversmithing yet. Kinks meaning I suck at bending the wire so I have to fiddle with it till it's even but when it's even there are little tiny bends in the wire I can't straighten without either undoing the whole thing or scratching up the wire.

I'm using 1mm and .8mm for some basic stuff but I'm gonna go to .4mm when I can get to the craft store. Good tip on homedepot I should try there.

i'd love to see what you're doing

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

They Might Be

Hey dudes, I freaking love your stickers and jokes. I'll probably post here a little.

Manifisto

They Might Be posted:

Hey dudes, I freaking love your stickers and jokes. I'll probably post here a little.

I think you're already doing it! glad you stopped by!

ty nesamdoom!

Robot Made of Meat

They Might Be posted:

This is a good plan.

Suggested topics: Interesting hobbies, cute pets.

Also, apparently kinky wire is hot these days. :shrug:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

MrWillsauce

yeah all signs point to it being the next big thing

They Might Be

I have a sorta interesting pet. It's a 6 month old giant african praying mantis (Sphodromantis viridis) that I raised from an l2 nymph. His name is Ralph, he's about 5 and a half inches long, and he ate a tiny lizard from the yard yesterday.

Manifisto

Ralph looks p. chill, you might want to think about hooking him up with a tiny computer

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

They Might Be posted:

I have a sorta interesting pet. It's a 6 month old giant african praying mantis (Sphodromantis viridis) that I raised from an l2 nymph. His name is Ralph, he's about 5 and a half inches long, and he ate a tiny lizard from the yard yesterday.

omg

:ohdear:

we tried to raise a mantis, or actually two, and beyonce died shortly after shipping while the other... i don't even know what happened, i assume the thread is still here somewhere, willsauce financed the project i think but either way it was sadly not a BYOB success story

FluffieDuckie

We're not fit to be mantis parents :smith:

Robot Made of Meat

Definitely interesting pet.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i have one of those pens that you press a button on the end to reveal or hide the tip with one click

the button is stuck inside right now and the tip is twice as long as usual im not sure if it has twice the writing power though

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Putty posted:

i have one of those pens that you press a button on the end to reveal or hide the tip with one click

the button is stuck inside right now and the tip is twice as long as usual im not sure if it has twice the writing power though

If the condition lasts more than 4 hrs seek a pens doctor immediately

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Putty posted:

it's the wire putty, you can only bend something so many times and the spring is made of wire, once it gets all wonky you need a new spring

god bless and good luck with your pen

FluffieDuckie

Hugh Malone posted:

If the condition lasts more than 4 hrs seek a pens doctor immediately

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckula posted:

i just got the call that i'm going to be one of those suckers who works from 6am to 9pm on election day taking people's votes and suffering abuse

be nice to your poll workers friends. it's a lovely job and no one wants to do it

thank you for being the poll monster, duckie. you are a good person for doing it. i did it for the primary and whoa nelly. you deserve cake and also pie.

FluffieDuckie

I'll be sure to stop at the cake and also pie store on the way home

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

They Might Be posted:

i love Ralph and want to give him tiny gentle bug hugs. please give him a wee froggie for me.

someday i will be good enough to be a foster mantis mom. we'll try again one day, byob.

fuyu and chestnut time this weekend, bay area people. skyline is opening saturday and they have chestnuts, fuyu persimmons and honey.

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

FluffieDuckula posted:

welcome friend :wave:

i'd love to see what you're doing

I needed to make an anniversary gift so I finished a pair of earrings and found a tutorial on wire-wrapping cabochons. Ran out and got the stuff while my lady wife was out shopping for my gift.

She liked it so I then went to the weekly rock cutting class and cut some more stones now that I can make a new thing. I got some nice Agate and Labradorite (the cool rainbow one) from the nice old guy that always gives away tons of rocks.

So then I wanted to make more necklace pendants and so I am still practicing how to do the thing. I like them but I am not a creative type so I'm stuck on getting it "right". I'm gonna redo these all at some point with finer wire but for now my wife loves it and I'm not allowed to touch so I guess it's okay.

FluffieDuckie

Omg I love them!

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

social vegan posted:

i'm going to post the dink word hehe *marks it on his calender*

I laughed so much at this post that I felt like I needed to share

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Jeez ark those are fabulous!

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Thank you, that means a lot. :allears:

I'm a picky perfectionist so it's hard to do new things because I'm nowhere near experienced enough to get things right so I'll obsess over little stuff.

Works really well for grinding the stones because you gotta be like that to get all the cuts even and corners rounded and the surface polished. Not so good with everything else.

Piso Mojado

hmmm. roughly how many souls could I fit in one of these? asking for a friend

City of Glompton

those are really beautiful

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

Piso Mojado posted:

hmmm. roughly how many souls could I fit in one of these? asking for a friend

I actually thought about that when I was making them like, I wonder if this is what a Lich does when they make their phylactery. It made me laugh because then I thought about this dark and scary necromancer waiting in line at Michael's with a handful of fancy silver wire and new pliers hiding his face under a hood, trying to keep hidden all his excitement about his upcoming craft project.

I might introduce a new character in my weekly DnD game that's a super artistic Lich and all it does is make really cute zombies with lace stitches and flower crowns that don't wilt. They like whimsy over action.

Piso Mojado

Arkanomen posted:

I actually thought about that when I was making them like, I wonder if this is what a Lich does when they make their phylactery. It made me laugh because then I thought about this dark and scary necromancer waiting in line at Michael's with a handful of fancy silver wire and new pliers hiding his face under a hood, trying to keep hidden all his excitement about his upcoming craft project.

I might introduce a new character in my weekly DnD game that's a super artistic Lich and all it does is make really cute zombies with lace stitches and flower crowns that don't wilt. They like whimsy over action.

if there is a centralized source of all that's dark and evil in the world, it would be a Michaels

Piso Mojado

byob admission: I have never played dungeons and dragons

Piso Mojado

that felt good getting out

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

Piso Mojado posted:

if there is a centralized source of all that's dark and evil in the world, it would be a Michaels

Your local dark arts and crafts store. This week get 50% off on make-your-own demon summoning candles kits with purchase of two or more popsicle stick boxes.

Piso Mojado posted:

Maybe I'll make a cyoa thread or something here if that's okay with Duckie. Keep it BYOB. Luvcow was actually the one to get me into it years ago with his threads in a bygone era of GBS.

Big Mean Jerk

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Piso Mojado posted:

the only time I've ever played an rpg, my buddies and I went out of our way to annoy the dungeonmaster dude by not taking things seriously. at one point my buddy was a danny devito dwarf named trollfoot who rolled around in his own poo poo and wasn't allowed into the church so we couldn't complete the quest. my other friend was an old gay wizard who greased himself up and slid around on the dungeon floor hurling magic at the wrong people. the dungeonmaster drank an entire jug of sangria that night

here's a picture of trollfoot that my buddy drew

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Piso Mojado posted:

buy 1 get 1 50% off red heart super soulsucker yarn, lily secrets n' screams yarn, and caron simply satan yarn this week with coupon

see store for details; coupon not valid in select dark arts markets; prices and incantations may vary

Salmiakki

it is my birthday today :toot:

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

MiracleWhale

Salmiakki posted:

happy burfday

social vegan

Piso Mojado posted:

Satan rules with an iron fist just all these dang styrofoam balls

MrWillsauce

alnilam

Wow welcome cool new people and hap bday sal!!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Happy birthday sal, thanks for your posts and art :)

social vegan

Salmiakki posted:

hoppy bedy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Salmiakki posted:

I hope you have a splendid bird day!