Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Observer not showing up in your feed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Cardboard Box posted:

i can't wait for dave to start talking about love live

Dave watches Tenchi Muyo, starts having flashbacks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP0n3N5pHa4

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Looks Like Some Sort Of Sidewalk Slam Episode 14 covers SummerSlam, Backlash, and Clash Of Champions.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave mentioned he was going to be on a podcast talking about Brian Pillman. Anyone know what podcast that's going to be?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roman Reigns is actually good.

edit: Wrong thread

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Roman Reigns is actually good.

edit: Wrong thread

I appreciate the reminder nonetheless.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

first attitude era podcast of the new era is wrestlemania 27

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'd love to know who the person who Dave said tried very hard to get out of a WWE contract by failing Wellness but was unsuccessful.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

I'd love to know who the person who Dave said tried very hard to get out of a WWE contract by failing Wellness but was unsuccessful.

Rey, maybe?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Rey, maybe?

Yeah that'd make sense in that he apparently tried every trick to get fired.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meltzer: Ryder is dating THIS girl and he thinks winning the IC Title for one day was the greatest day of his life?

Oh Dave :allears:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Bull Dempsey on the latest Stone Cold podcast, overall a very skippable episode. Bull is on a lovely phone connection and yes-sir no-sirs his way through it.

One good segment though, they start talking about what happened with the Bullfit stuff and he said the administration pulled him aside and pretty much told him Kevin Owens was taking his spot since they looked the same, wrestled the same, etc. even though Bull did not agree with any of that. Months later when Bull was doing the jobs he had a long ride with Kev and talked about it with him, and Kevin laughed and agreed with him that they are nothing alike.

Then (this is when it gets good) Stone Cold goes on a big tangent about "body guys" and just starts listing the kind of dudes he is into. After about 5 straight minutes of bodychat Bull says "I don't ever want to have a six-pack." When you wish upon a star..

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer: Ryder is dating THIS girl and he thinks winning the IC Title for one day was the greatest day of his life?

Oh Dave :allears:

I agree with Dave

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Had to laugh at Dave talking about the "story" of Okada/Marufuji which is the exact same thing that happens in every Okada big match.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spermgod posted:

Had to laugh at Dave talking about the "story" of Okada/Marufuji which is the exact same thing that happens in every Okada big match.

The similarities between Okada and Cena grow...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spermgod posted:

Lemme guess, Okada tried to hit the Rainmaker, but the other guy keeps dodging and countering until finally Okada hits like 3 in a row and wins?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Okada used the Emerald Flowerson or whatever which was Misawas move that he gave to Marafuji and apparently it got big heat from the NOAH fans.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

There was a definite mean steak in Marufuji for the whole match (that piledriver :stonk:) and then Okada responded in kind because he's not going to let some outsider beat him on his turf. I don't think it was the same Okada match story at all.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

beggar posted:

Bull Dempsey on the latest Stone Cold podcast, overall a very skippable episode. Bull is on a lovely phone connection and yes-sir no-sirs his way through it.

One good segment though, they start talking about what happened with the Bullfit stuff and he said the administration pulled him aside and pretty much told him Kevin Owens was taking his spot since they looked the same, wrestled the same, etc. even though Bull did not agree with any of that. Months later when Bull was doing the jobs he had a long ride with Kev and talked about it with him, and Kevin laughed and agreed with him that they are nothing alike.

Then (this is when it gets good) Stone Cold goes on a big tangent about "body guys" and just starts listing the kind of dudes he is into. After about 5 straight minutes of bodychat Bull says "I don't ever want to have a six-pack." When you wish upon a star..

That was a widely known story in Wrestling at the time. WWE thought Dempsey was too close to Owens and Corbin so they changed him.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I added the Attitude Era podcast to my podcasts-to-listen-to-at-work, should I start from the beginning or are the first few not so good?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The similarities between Okada and Cena grow...

Cena is wayyy less formulaic than Okada imo

Gaz-L posted:

Lemme guess, Okada tried to hit the Rainmaker, but the other guy keeps dodging and countering until finally Okada hits like 3 in a row and wins?

yeah "the story of the match was, Marufuji has the counter to the Rainmaker"

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There was a definite mean steak in Marufuji for the whole match (that piledriver :stonk:) and then Okada responded in kind because he's not going to let some outsider beat him on his turf. I don't think it was the same Okada match story at all.

i didn't see it so i'm not saying the story was the same as his other matches, i'm just saying Dave's description of what the story was fits like every Okada big match

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 12, 2016

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

CVagts posted:

I added the Attitude Era podcast to my podcasts-to-listen-to-at-work, should I start from the beginning or are the first few not so good?

It def improves over time but it's good from the off imo. Plus there's running jokes that go all the way back

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

CVagts posted:

When I went through the shows I was more interested in just hearing the story of attitude era shows I'd likely forgotten about so how well do you remember the shows covered? If really well then give it a few, if not much then check it out to be nostalgic about ye ol goode ol days.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
today on the B&V show:

Bryan discovers Assault on Devil's Island

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan can be as good as Dave at joke killing.

B: There's a dude in the front row who has just seen Rey Mysterio's face and he's dumbstruck...
C: "It's a 12 year old boy!"
B: No, it was a grown rear end man!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bryan can be as good as Dave at joke killing.

B: There's a dude in the front row who has just seen Rey Mysterio's face and he's dumbstruck...
C: "It's a 12 year old boy!"
B: No, it was a grown rear end man!

tbf rey looks even younger than 12 at that time so I can see where the confusion stems from

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

i didn't see it so i'm not saying the story was the same as his other matches, i'm just saying Dave's description of what the story was fits like every Okada big match

c'mon you should know better than to take dave as an authority on anything in current puro

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lance is leaving F4W to join PodcastOne:

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/786194885208477696
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/786286010124513281

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It's okay, we have Filthy Tom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh poo poo the latest Nitro B, V & C are reviewing is THE NIGHT OF 1000 STINGS! :neckbeard:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So the poster highlights Lance's hairline? Brave man.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

CVagts posted:

It honestly takes like 2 or 3 episodes to click so really its not no time at all. I think they're worth listening to even if you can't remember a lot about the period.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I wish there was more videos of AEPodcast audio synced up to the show in question:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2aqve0_the-attitude-era-podcast-wrestlemania-14-part-1_sport

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

So the poster highlights Lance's hairline? Brave man.

Lance definitely strikes me as guy who doesn't care too much about such things.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Lance definitely strikes me as guy who doesn't care too much about such things.

To look like he does, at that age, without drugs, you have to make working out and dieting a 30 hour a week job, minimum. I'm sure he cares what he looks like.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

mkay0 posted:

To look like he does, at that age, without drugs, you have to make working out and dieting a 30 hour a week job, minimum. I'm sure he cares what he looks like.

Funnily enough, I've found the more you take care of yourself the less you give a poo poo about out of your control stuff like losing your hair.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mkay0 posted:

Right but there's a difference between caring what you look like, body wise, and looking at a hairline that's been receding for years and accepting that it happens to most people, eventually.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Lance never had a full head of hair, and it's not like he'd look bad bald, so I don't think it's a problem really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Jerusalem posted:

Oh poo poo the latest Nitro B, V & C are reviewing is THE NIGHT OF 1000 STINGS! :neckbeard:

Yesss I've been waiting two years for this since they started doing Nitro. 13 year old me thought that was the coolest loving poo poo EVER

• Locked thread