Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

sassassin posted:

Broly isn't real or your friend.

I'd rather be friends with Yamcha than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/785874296279273472

So I guess "Goku Black" is the official English name now.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Good

Black Goku sounds so much worse

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Black Goku will be my xenoverse 2 character

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015
Negroku

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Would Kakarot be the Tobey to Goku's Kunta Kinte, or would Goku be his slave name?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Should have called him Dark Goku to bring the whole fanfiction thing full circle.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Ukog

Blacku

Caros
May 14, 2008

Raxivace posted:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/785874296279273472

So I guess "Goku Black" is the official English name now.

Keep in mind the original xenoverse referred to SSJ Blue as super saiyan God super saiyan. Translations etc change.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
SSGSS was the official name at the time

it still gets used in material

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well that WAS the name until it got changed, to be fair

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only mistake in those arguments is the past tense. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is still the official name for the form for everything (merchandise, games, etc) except the anime and manga, where Super Saiyan Blue is used.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just want to point out its battle of gods and RoF that xenoverse considers the main timeline

so super is clearly not canon

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I have two wishes for Future Trunks

1) I hope he gets the kill for Black if not Zamasu because gently caress that guy

2) I hope his new Broly transformation isn't God Ki at all. I hope Trunks dumpsters Black with pure mortal ki because he is just that sick of everything. Give them a reason to fear Ningen :getin:

2 won't happen because of the blue in the aura but oh well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Stairmaster posted:

I just want to point out its battle of gods and RoF that xenoverse considers the main timeline

To be fair, Super really wasn't that far in by the time Xenoverse was released. If the game came out a little later, we'd probably get at least Universe Six Tournament stuff. But they're going off of the story they have now and what it used just before Super, but who knows - maybe the poo poo the new protag gets up to is what causes the Super Timeline to come about as far as Xenoverse is concerned. :v:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Do we know if Champa and his team is in Xeno2?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Stairmaster posted:

Xenoverse 2 has Black Goku and Super's Trunks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xenoverse also had Brolly who is clearly NOT canon however.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Broly is the most canon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Broly is video game canon. You cannot have a DBZ game without giving the player the ability to punch and ki blast his dumb face in.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RBX posted:

Do we know if Champa and his team is in Xeno2?

Super content is not in the base game but will be the focus of the game's DLC, from what I understand

Outside of BoG and RoF, I mean, which they might be using the movie versions for the game.

This is why Black is a preorder bonus and Super's version of Future Trunks is a Season Pass bonus, that stuff is all going to be future DLC

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder how they'll handle Hit's timeskipping if they do include him in DLC.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

In video games, Hit's timeskip stuff will probably mostly be either counter-style attacks (while in stance, if hit, they get hit instead and you dodge), cutscene super moves (everything freezes, hit dude a bunch, time unfreeze and they get pummeled all at once), or just outright dodge manuvers.

If some developer gets ambitious you might be able to freeze time for your opponent(s) and attack during that brief time period. Since Guldo could make use of that same mechanic there's a chance it's worth the effort to implement now that two characters can use it.

But I'd honestly just expect it to look like teleporting with the fancy stained glass effects and that's about it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
All I want to know is if I can play as Copy Vegeta.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Super Satan isn't in the DLC plans for XV2, they should cancel the entire game right now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Super Satan isn't in the DLC plans for XV2, they should cancel the entire game right now.

Super Satan is too powerful to be playable, he is the super secret hidden boss.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

Piccolo could be Pan's teacher, and Gohan would approve of this.

Wow, didn't realise Gohan was a bad dad, too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All Xeno2 does is remind me Buu Kai is STILL not airing and super is already 62 episodes in.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kelp Plankton posted:

In video games, Hit's timeskip stuff will probably mostly be either counter-style attacks (while in stance, if hit, they get hit instead and you dodge), cutscene super moves (everything freezes, hit dude a bunch, time unfreeze and they get pummeled all at once), or just outright dodge manuvers.

If some developer gets ambitious you might be able to freeze time for your opponent(s) and attack during that brief time period. Since Guldo could make use of that same mechanic there's a chance it's worth the effort to implement now that two characters can use it.

But I'd honestly just expect it to look like teleporting with the fancy stained glass effects and that's about it.

or they'll let you stop time as much as you want just like Hit, just for .1 seconds at a time

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
They won't add a whole new mechanic for someone's gimmick, he might have a move that makes his target seem to freeze in place or something but he'll just be another fighter..

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RBX posted:

All Xeno2 does is remind me Buu Kai is STILL not airing and super is already 62 episodes in.

It's kind of a bummer that it's not gonna air on Nicktoons for the kids it's meant for when it does get dubbed at this point.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RBX posted:

Has the Cell saga really not finished airing on Toonami? Is that what they're waiting for?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

sassassin posted:

Wow, didn't realise Gohan was a bad dad, too.

Gohan seems like a great dad, or much better than Goku was, anyway. It's more like Gohan views Uncle Piccolo as a trusted family member, and we know he's an excellent teacher for combat training. Kid Gohan grew up idolizing Piccolo and learned the basics from him, and now Gohan's daughter can, too.

Plus, Piccolo already has a genuine attachment to Pan, and even knows how she likes her special vegetable pancakes prepared. He even sings her songs and shows her picture books. Clearly there's a very caring parenting side of him, and he seems to be proud of it. I don't see why Pan wouldn't idolize Piccoyo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So I tried looking since Oct 9 postings and didn't see anyone post it here, so apologies if its a repost:

Here's a segment from The Voice: Thailand that the thread may be interested in.

e: Bonus Saint Seiya-Pegasus Fantasy at 5:08

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Awesome Welles posted:

Has the Cell saga really not finished airing on Toonami? Is that what they're waiting for?

It's close, last week was like episode 2 of Goku vs. Cell. Even then, I don't think they've even ANNOUNCED it as coming out.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Awesome Welles posted:

To get the experience correct, they gotta jump back to Raditz a few more times.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

Gohan seems like a great dad, or much better than Goku was, anyway. It's more like Gohan views Uncle Piccolo as a trusted family member, and we know he's an excellent teacher for combat training. Kid Gohan grew up idolizing Piccolo and learned the basics from him, and now Gohan's daughter can, too.

Plus, Piccolo already has a genuine attachment to Pan, and even knows how she likes her special vegetable pancakes prepared. He even sings her songs and shows her picture books. Clearly there's a very caring parenting side of him, and he seems to be proud of it. I don't see why Pan wouldn't idolize Piccoyo.

If she's to keep idolising him the last thing she needs is Piccolo's loving brand of combat training.

Gohan is a hosed up little weirdo with severe stockholm syndrome and abandonment issues. No one deserves his childhood.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Piccolo has mellowed out significantly from the time he trained Gohan

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
gohan healed piccolo's stony heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

sassassin posted:

Gohan is a hosed up little weirdo with severe stockholm syndrome and abandonment issues. No one deserves his childhood.

I mean, basic combat training is the easy stuff. That's Yamcha level. That said, it would still be cool to see Pan use the Masenko.

Anyway, there are many ways Scholar Gohan can contribute to Pan's training. For example, Gohan will be there when Pan needs to apply to college, a task so daunting that it will allow her to tap into her inner-most rage. Then, that song from when Gohan went SSJ2 vs. Cell will begin playing in the background, and Pan will ascend from her previous Super Saiyan form.

• Locked thread