Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

isn't this basically a good system though, like I remember plenty of games that had worse, I never minded it

Yeah it's not terrible to be honest. They've tweaked it over the years and while some will complain because it's not the AKI system, it's still fairly easy to learn. The submission system was poo poo after they switched away from the Breaking Point button masher system but I think they brought that back this year? Seriously I hated the submission system in the last game. I liked the dial thing for pins but I could never figure out the submissions and could never tap anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

1st AD posted:

Not everyone has 5.

Yeah, 5 is the max, but it's usually saved for little flippy mens or technical guys. So, say, Neville or AJ will have that many, but Mark Henry would have 3. It's balanced somewhat because a bigger guy like Mizark has some moves that can't be done on him.

2k17 also has a thing where if you do a 'super' reversal, that some moves give you the window for, you get a buff to your damage and the opponent can't reverse at all for like 30 seconds, no matter how many charges they have.

It's me. I am the idiot that preloaded the game from the XB1 store.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Well the creation suite is a lot better if you're like me and hated the "paint" system that 2K16 used. I mean it's still there but the old slider system is there too. Load times are also better to an absurd degree.

Some sloppiness tho, before patch anyway. There are two different "skills" for table finishers and Becky's finisher is set to target the legs, for some strange reason.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
They absolutely quintupled down on the creation suite this year. Create-A-Show is fantastic.

If they re-enable the Story Editor next year I think it could be better than 13/14.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And you can switch from the circle submission thing to the button mash type in options.

EDIT: Oh Jesus, they still kept the loving ring rat achievement name.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 11, 2016

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

It's me. I am the idiot that preloaded the game from the XB1 store.

Don't feel bad. I've been buying these things every year since Smackdown 2 (skipped 3 because I didn't have a ps2 until SD4 came out. Best Xmas) and every year I tell myself I won't Pre-order.

I am mark for these dumb games.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

Don't feel bad. I've been buying these things every year since Smackdown 2 (skipped 3 because I didn't have a ps2 until SD4 came out. Best Xmas) and every year I tell myself I won't Pre-order.

I am mark for these dumb games.

You should be happy you missed Smackdown 3, it took up more than half of your memory card.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

An extra year of playing Smanckdown 2 rather than moving onto the rather disappointing 3 is a blessing in disguise as well. Though I will admit that by that time I was more into playing my imported copy of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The creation suite is definitely far more advanced in all aspects, though I'm not sure it's wise to bring back move ratings for MyCareer ala No Mercy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You know what would fix a lot of the grind in Career? Halve the cost of most stuff in the upgrade store and stop forcing me to work meaningless matches in the midcard on Main Event. Let me work my meaningless midcard match with Bo Dallas on NXT and be done with the week!

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
When editing faces, do you have to go to each point on both sides? It was super hard to make things symmetrical.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Kevin Owens beat Brock Lesnar by countout after slamming his knee into the concrete about 5 times, then sliding back into the ring at 9. The AI is evolving...

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
The VGCW guys are playing with 2k17 and holy poo poo this arena.

It's an LED screen with an animation of a gun asking "What if you owned a GUN?" in text in the upper left corner.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think they managed some kind of scripting voodoo to make Owens' AI act like the real thing.

One nice thing is that community creations have already got fairly solid versions of the brand split belts. Including the crusierweight title, which I found a very nice looking version of.
And no surprise, the most popular downloaded CAWs are basically the CWC guys (top one on XB1 right now is TJP, believe it or not), Rhyno, Hogan, and the Broken Hardys.

EDIT: LOL The preset hashtags in community creations has one for Men On A Mission!

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 12, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

https://vine.co/v/OY6Q3771arF

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

punchdaily posted:

You should be happy you missed Smackdown 3, it took up more than half of your memory card.

Oh believe me I know I dodged a bullet. My best friend in high school had it and I played it maybe once or twice at his place. It was not good.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'll get the PC version in a year which will probably have all the DLC wrapped into it. Maybe even in a Humble Bundle, I dunno. But...

https://twitter.com/KoushiroIzumi/status/785802542416588800

I am tempted.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Happy Happyist posted:

When editing faces, do you have to go to each point on both sides? It was super hard to make things symmetrical.
You can do point manipulation or old-timey sliders, though exact positioning may be left more to the former system.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Delsaber posted:

I'll get the PC version in a year which will probably have all the DLC wrapped into it. Maybe even in a Humble Bundle, I dunno. But...

I am tempted.

It's like they decided the skull decal was enough and they didn't have to bother applying any textures to the vehicle

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fawf posted:

It's like they decided the skull decal was enough and they didn't have to bother applying any textures to the vehicle

To be fair in literally every wrestling game ever they never put textures into vehicles because they were the smallest parts of the games ever.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Delsaber posted:

I am tempted.

God drat it that rules.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Gaz-L posted:

And you can switch from the circle submission thing to the button mash type in options.

Sky Shadowing posted:

They absolutely quintupled down on the creation suite this year. Create-A-Show is fantastic.

Ok, once they patch out that kill your save data thing I'll probably pick it up. The submission system was my most hated thing and every year I spend forever in the creation suite.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, I know everyone is talking about 2k17 now, but I'm having some problems with 2k16 that are probably going to lead to me just uninstalling it. I upgraded everything in my PC except for my GPU and PSU about a month ago, so I had to reinstall it, and there have been some updates. Most of them are good, and I like that they streamlined some of the options for setting up Universe mode, but now it appears that it is literally impossible to win a match you're playing if there's a cutscene in it where you get attacked, which is complete bullshit. Why should I even bother playing a supposedly freeform mode where I can change the outcomes of the stories, that disallows me from doing just that? It's completely antithetical to the entire concept of the game mode. I don't care if it gets me to see more cutscenes because it forces me to play it out the way the developers set them up. Seriously, what dumb motherfucker decided this was a good idea?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Just play as the other guy then and sell everything, duh.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Perry Normal posted:

Ok, once they patch out that kill your save data thing I'll probably pick it up. The submission system was my most hated thing and every year I spend forever in the creation suite.

The new submission style is a interesting. Instead of mashing random buttons like the old Breaking Point system, you have to tap the buttons it prompts you with to move the meter in the opposite direction. Neat.

Wasn't prompted for an update on Xbox One so I don't know if I should be happy or concerned

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Is it just me or it's literally impossible to make the CPU tap out?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can do point manipulation or old-timey sliders, though exact positioning may be left more to the former system.

This is awesome. I like the detail that the point system allows but it's really painful to quickly make a CAW in 2K16 and I found myself wishing for the sliders back in a few cases.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can you play as a woman in Career mode?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Can you play as a woman in Career mode?

Nope.

Edit: Huh, hawking merch is actually pretty viable to bump up your XP/fake money in career mode.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 12, 2016

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Gaz-L posted:

Nope.

Edit: Huh, hawking merch is actually pretty viable to bump up your XP/fake money in career mode.

How do you get into that? Guessing there's just a tutorial to clarify when it becomes available?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I read you can splice together entrance musics and poo poo for custom themes? that sounds incredible if true. the example I read about was "put stone cold's glass shatter followed by tyler breeze music followed by real american segueing in"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

I read you can splice together entrance musics and poo poo for custom themes? that sounds incredible if true. the example I read about was "put stone cold's glass shatter followed by tyler breeze music followed by real american segueing in"

Can someone confirm this because if true I am going out and plunking down seventy canadian dollars right now so I can give Bayley's music the Brock Lesnar stinger

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can someone confirm this because if true I am going out and plunking down seventy canadian dollars right now so I can give Bayley's music the Brock Lesnar stinger

Why would you do that when you could Brie mode every theme?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I got the info from the gamesradar review here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/wwe-2k17-review-you-and-your-opponent-can-re-enact-ecws-greatest-hits-with-glee/

had no idea there was an Audacity-level music editor in the game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now that I know that this feature is in I have an important question: is the Nation of Domination theme still in the game

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If the PC version gets a mod that allows you to inject custom music I will be all over this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tonfa posted:

If the PC version gets a mod that allows you to inject custom music I will be all over this.

I remember when deliberating over whether or not to buy 2k16 on PC I researched the music mods for custom music, and it was the most painful, tedious, and bullshit process to put custom poo poo in the game. I wouldn't hold my breath for any difference this year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Why would you do that when you could Brie mode every theme?

Oh you know that'll be Brock's theme. BRIIIIIE MOOOODE DUN! DUN DUNUN DUN!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh you know that'll be Brock's theme. BRIIIIIE MOOOODE DUN! DUN DUNUN DUN!

Alternately: *Brock Stinger* A-A-A-A-A-A-AH (I don't actually know the word to her song)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

gently caress that, you just loop BRAAAAUUUUNNN over and over

Also the loading times in this game become much more bearable if the only track you have enabled is the Erick Rowan theme