Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ok got my rear end to Maia to get one meta alloy for Farseer, it's not bad at all in a 38ly Asp. Now the trip back is going to be interdiction hell I guess? Good thing I brought 4 mine launchers :getin:

I am sick of doing errands to unlock engineers already, it's really tiresome and I will never gather enough stuff for all the rank 5 upgrades anyway. With just the basic ones I should be pretty much set (still need to buddy up with the eurynes blue mafia or whatever to get them sweet armor upgrades though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's honestly not that bad, I just flew a bunch of modular terminals from Sothis to Khan to Sirius and wasn't interdicted once. Maybe I should just stick to rank 3 FSD upgrades with the ones I have because I doubt I'll get 25 of them anytime soon.

When should we expect the patch to hit live servers? I need to make more money hauling poop :ohdear:

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Jumping between Leesti and Shield Booster Lady's system a dozen times to unlock her is loving dumb. I'm still going to do it because ALL MY THINGS MUST BE AMAZING, which I guess makes me the dumb one.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Just reinstalling after a 6 month hiatus as I finally have some free time to play space trucker again. Seems like some cool new stuff is coming.

What's the go to thing for making money at the moment? Think when I last played the smuggling stuff was pretty good cash?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Actually nobody gave a gently caress and I got to farseer without trouble, and now my Vulture has 20 ly jump range, 17.7 mw to play with, fully a grade internals, a shield booster with +25% shield, +4% resistances and a beam+frag cannon... I barely need to disable the cargo hatch to have enough juice in combat.

Now just need an upgraded armor and a new power distribuitor

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

KM Scorchio posted:

Just reinstalling after a 6 month hiatus as I finally have some free time to play space trucker again. Seems like some cool new stuff is coming.

What's the go to thing for making money at the moment? Think when I last played the smuggling stuff was pretty good cash?

Get an asp or a conda and head out to Sothis/Ceos to haul poop back to the bubble.

There is a more detailed version in my post history from this thread, but I'm on my phone and lazy. :phone:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Get an asp or a conda and head out to Sothis/Ceos to haul poop back to the bubble.

There is a more detailed version in my post history from this thread, but I'm on my phone and lazy. :phone:

Cheers, will check it out.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Regarding weapon upgrades, what are the best ones? I tried to roll for some rank 1 stuff but the effects look incredibly underwhelming, it feels like a downgrade from stock most of the time. It would be great if someone could post a guide to what is worth and what is crap.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Hey background sim nerds: Is it possible to increase a starbases economy? I'm annoyed at the limited number of outfitting options and the lovely market available at the station I frequent. Or is it all tied to the population of a system?

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I paid Qwent his 25 space ipads and there are some left over.

Are these worth anyone's time?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

DreadLlama posted:

I paid Qwent his 25 space ipads and there are some left over.

Are these worth anyone's time?

I'd ask on discord, but wouldn't haul them around longer than a day unless you just love being interdicted.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
I already took them to a hazrez and the offer is no longer valid.

Shadow_333
May 2, 2016

DreadLlama posted:

I already took them to a hazrez and the offer is no longer valid.

If you bring any cargo to a hazrez, you better have a ship ready for a big fight.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow_333 posted:

If you bring any cargo to a hazrez, you better have a ship ready for a big fight.

That reminds me. We're getting module storage soon. Are we getting some sort of "engineer cargo" storage?

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

TorakFade posted:

Now just need an upgraded armor and a new power distribuitor

And dirty drives grade 5. A Vulture which does 520m/s+ is a wonderful thing :D

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

DancingShade posted:

That reminds me. We're getting module storage soon. Are we getting some sort of "engineer cargo" storage?

lol

nope

on a related note, frontier should start selling poopsocks

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Great fun. Elite CTDs everytime I hyperjump. Reinstalling worked. Once. Now it crashes soon after loading.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
There was talk about being able to store engineer commodities at a workshop, although this doesn't seem to have come into the beta yet.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Aethernet posted:

There was talk about being able to store engineer commodities at a workshop, although this doesn't seem to have come into the beta yet.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. We'll apparently be able to store engineer materials at engineer bases, but not at any station. Which is way better than nothing, but also seems unnecessarily inconvenient.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's an unnecessary restriction but I'd take it over the current options. Shipping it a few jumps to eg. Khan or Sirius is a much better option than having to vendor them because you want to do some poop trading or if you're jumping into a ship without cargo racks entirely :(

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

legooolas posted:

And dirty drives grade 5. A Vulture which does 520m/s+ is a wonderful thing :D

Not gonna happen until I can pay someone to do the grind for me sadly

But I would like more speed on that ugly beast.. Right now with rank 1 clean drives it makes 255/400 boost, it's the biggest letdown

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Clean drives are only worthwhile for explorers, silent running builds or people who must absolutely have a PA in each slot. Always go dirty otherwise.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Aethernet posted:

Clean drives are only worthwhile for explorers, silent running builds or people who must absolutely have a PA in each slot. Always go dirty otherwise.

They're better than nothing and I didn't have (and still don't) the thingamajig needed for even rank 1 dirty drives :smith:

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

TorakFade posted:

They're better than nothing and I didn't have (and still don't) the thingamajig needed for even rank 1 dirty drives :smith:

Ah, the good old SLF. Assuming you've got an SRV, you should be able to get a reasonable haul quite quickly using this method:

https://youtu.be/9kOZWYNwd7c

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.

DancingShade posted:

Rah! posted:

lol

nope

They've also said that the engi commodity bullshit (not being able to buy or store) is intended.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
The biggest disappointment from DD5 was that it didn't change my ship's drive exhaust to look like the reapers from Firefly.

Clean Drive tuning should make it look bright and clean. Maybe no contrails?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

The biggest disappointment from DD5 was that it didn't change my ship's drive exhaust to look like the reapers from Firefly.

My immersion demands cops pull me over and fine my rear end for dirty drives.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

They're adding in the ability to change your exhaust color soon, so you'll be able to customize it to be anything you would like.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Also the colour of your weapons. My Anaconda will be a technicolour disco ball.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Mike the TV posted:

They're adding in the ability to change your exhaust color soon, so you'll be able to customize it to be anything you would like.

Nyaan Cat Ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdVrKpK5tY

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mike the TV posted:

I don't want color. I want effects.

DD5 should be spitting fire and bits of plasma and the contrail should be a dark smoke with an orange glow.
CD5 should be a clean plasma jet with relatively minimal contrail.

Something to denote that the player in that particular ship has gone through a lot to get the drives where they want them. Same with the ventral thrusters and even the heat glow on ships with modified power plants and distributors. THAT would be loving sexy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mike the TV posted:

HUD will still be orange though.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

2spooky4me posted:

:allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

2spooky4me posted:

Not mine. I simply settled for a nice color-combination to not sap those poor people portraits too badly. Everyone looks a bit blue, but at least my HUD isn't orange. :colbert:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind the orange.

Also, is Frontier killing Sothis in the next patch? And thanks to the goon who pointed out one should buy extra fuel tanks to make the trip there quicker.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005

orcane posted:

Yeah it's an unnecessary restriction but I'd take it over the current options. Shipping it a few jumps to eg. Khan or Sirius is a much better option than having to vendor them because you want to do some poop trading or if you're jumping into a ship without cargo racks entirely :(

Are there any contemporary space games where the devs don't actively hate the playerbase but also aren't incompetent scammers?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

MoraleHazard posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind the orange.

Also, is Frontier killing Sothis in the next patch? And thanks to the goon who pointed out one should buy extra fuel tanks to make the trip there quicker.

Sothis is something they can do serverside. It doesn't need a client patch.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

DreadLlama posted:

Are there any contemporary space games where the devs don't actively hate the playerbase but also aren't incompetent scammers?

There are a couple of early access space sim/survival games out there. I've got my eyes on Hellion personally.

http://www.playhellion.com/

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Pretty cool video, partly for space madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa97KmCI2dg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DreadLlama posted:

The KSP guys? They seem to have had some problems lately though, so maybe they're going that way too now.

• Locked thread