Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kithkar posted:

Obama is going to be one hell of an elder statesman. Democrats are going to be talking about him like Republicans talk about Reagan for decades.

Dude is only like 55 so we've got at least like 30 years out of him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

greatn posted:

Twist: Donald brings Bill's love child, and Bill looks him in the eye, begins sobbing and grabs him, shouting "My baby boy! I didn't believe you were real! Oh my god! I'm never gonna let you go! Everybody, this is my baby boy!"

I had a baby boy! And he was :perfect:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Trabisnikof posted:

Nah she'll be a dronie

:golfclap:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

That isn't ominous.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mr Hootington posted:

That isn't ominous.

The Times doesn't like Hillary that much.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Would it be at all accurate to annotate this as orangecounty.jpg?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/786217283903492096

Pocket Podesta doesn't want to become Slimy Sidney. The Clinton-Sid onnection is broken?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

iospace posted:

I think the press is getting fed up with Conway:
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/786198986633965568

Wait, are they harping on how there might have been a backup server or something?

PROSECUTOR: You said you had a server when, in fact, you had... a cluster!
JURY: *gasps as one reflexively, then fades to nonplussed confusion*

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Florida's voter registration has been extended one more week to Oct 18.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

This is how to properly pander to minorities, Bernie Bros! Well, it also helps having a candidate not be from one of the whitest states in the Union.

Here's a question why are you making GBS threads on Bernie supporters. What is with acting like Trump when he wins?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Munkeymon posted:

Wait, are they harping on how there might have been a backup server or something?

holy loving poo poo they may have run a modern email service in clustered mode

poop device
Mar 6, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
538 is damning for trump, but I haven't heard or seen anything from trump supporters to even acknowledge it. How are they addressing it and other poll aggregators? Are they?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Munkeymon posted:

One of the "lies" is Clinton said she only had one server but actually it was upgraded and that means she had more than one liar liar liar!!!!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

I'm seeing a lot of passing tweets on the Twitters saying that Dems have a legit shot at taking back the house after pussygate.

How likely is that?

IIRC, for every point Hillary wins by the Dems will pick up like 3.33 House Seats. So a 10% win will flip the House.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

Here's a question why are you making GBS threads on Bernie supporters. What is with acting like Trump when he wins?

Bernie Supporters aren't necessarily Bernie Bros. Bernie Bros refers to as very small subset.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Doctor Butts posted:

Would it be at all accurate to annotate this as orangecounty.jpg?

absolutely accurate.

edit: for the south half of the county, northern oc, like santa ana and anaheim are cool. but south county, like irvine, mission viejo and coto de caza are the worst.

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 12, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

poop device posted:

538 is damning for trump, but I haven't heard or seen anything from trump supporters to even acknowledge it. How are they addressing it and other poll aggregators? Are they?

Latest I've seen from a few of them is that "Trump supporters have been instructed not to answer polls / fake being Hillary supporters", so basically silent majority bullshit.

Also, they think LAT is just showing the tape after effects and are waiting for the post-debate bump.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

poop device posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=src30HcFvdw

How quickly we forget due to September's tightening.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

poop device posted:

Trump supporters do not believe in or understand scientific/statistically significant polling

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

poop device posted:

*Ahem*

Trump is leading in all of the polls. After a resounding (you-nanimous even) debate win, California is within reach.

Also, #hillaryhatescatholics is trending.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

canepazzo posted:

Florida's voter registration has been extended one more week to Oct 18.

Hahaaa suck it Rick Scott.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Wth is up with the Feingold /Johnson (WI Senate) race?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

poop device posted:

Eric Trump is using the "What if only men voted" map to show how Donald Trump will actually win

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

emdash posted:

and reuters generic congressional ballot D+10 :eyepop:

:O

Link?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

poop device posted:

They did take the 538 men only voting map and send that around without context.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

sheri posted:

Wth is up with the Feingold /Johnson (WI Senate) race?

Outlier from Oct 4-5 is my guess.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2016/2016_Reuters_Tracking_-_Core_Political_10.11_.16_.pdf

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They did take the 538 men only voting map and send that around without context.

Bwaaaah?? I need to see that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Night10194 posted:

The GOP establishment is made up of people who are used to obedience and who have great contempt for their common followers. I don't think they ever really conceived that they'd get turned on, and watching them squeal is wonderful. Or will be so long as we still win (which looks almost certain now thank Christ).

It's such a classic tale of hubris. Spend decades convincing people to hate government and reject reality, then never expect that group to realize you are part of government and jump to lies they like better than yours.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

poop device posted:

I didn't want to believe it but at this point I think their camp is either actively ignoring it out of willful ignorance because they are just that high on themselves, or their goal at this point is not the presidency but for some reason to blow up the Republican Party and somehow make a cash grab when the dust settles

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/538politics/status/786214595803222016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

50-50 favorability for Clinton. :getin:

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Obama had to tread a fine line during his presidency when dealing with black issues so as not to alienate white people. I wonder if there is going to be a similar dynamic with Hillary and female issues such as equal pay, political underrepresentation, domestic violence, planned parenthood, etc. Women aren't a minority but the massive gender gap in the polls during this election is proof positive that sexism is still rampant. Clinton herself has repeatedly remained silent about the impact of sexism on the disproportionate criticism she has faced. Unfortunately, her paranoia is absolutely justified.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

emdash posted:

LA Times/USC poll is tied :eyepop:

and reuters generic congressional ballot D+10 :eyepop:

Link on that second one!?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks.

Wow, that is giving me quite the erection.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Link on that second one!?

check the post just above this one, by Mr Interweb

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Reuters polls have had a moderate (2.5 or so) Democratic lean from the polling average.

Still very good numbers, but something to keep in mind.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Radish posted:

Bwaaaah?? I need to see that.

canepazzo posted:

Ok, this one is just amazing.

So, remember the theoretical 538 map where only men vote?

This one:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/785972580301742080

Trump campaign used it in a fundraising map to demonstrate that "all the momentum is on our side!"

https://twitter.com/rickjnewman/status/786187493754466304

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

skylined! posted:

or their goal at this point is not the presidency but for some reason to blow up the Republican Party and somehow make a cash grab when the dust settles

Regardless of any concurrent motive they probably think the end result of just taking their ball and going home would be worse for Trump so he'll see it through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Obama had to tread a fine line during his presidency when dealing with black issues so as not to alienate white people. I wonder if there is going to be a similar dynamic with Hillary and female issues such as equal pay, political underrepresentation, domestic violence, planned parenthood, etc. Women aren't a minority but the massive gender gap in the polls during this election is proof positive that sexism is still rampant. Clinton herself has repeatedly remained silent about the impact of sexism on the disproportionate criticism she has faced. Unfortunately, her paranoia is absolutely justified.

There's no reason for her to bring it up herself when her followers are smart enough to see it themselves. Meanwhile she's been extremely vocal about women's issues in general.

• Locked thread