Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Has anybody made a MRArio twitter? I think that might be ext funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh man, I was checking Dragon Quest Builders after seeing the chat here and it looked really sweet and I was getting all worked up and went to check prices and...

It's not on PC.

:negative:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tap my mountain posted:

Has anybody made a MRArio twitter? I think that might be ext funny
Just change "the patriarchy" to "feminism" in that last tweet and you have a starter tweet, free of charge

But really don't

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does Mario really just punctuate his everyday speech with Waheys and Yahoos? That's pretty intolerable IMO

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Does Mario really just punctuate his everyday speech with Waheys and Yahoos? That's pretty intolerable IMO

I think this is the one video of Mario talking for more than a single sentence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYa7G467_Yo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Holy poo poo, that makes me shudder for some reason

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Time to dig up this old chestnut:

quote:

i've met/talked with charles martinet at least five times over the last decade. he's a super nice guy, but mario is sort of part of him. one time i was playing nsmbw at the nintendo booth with him and two other people, and he made mario sounds throughout. last year he kinda went 'wahoo!' to himself as he threw away a paper towel after washing his hands as we crossed paths when i went into the men's room.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He dips into Jar Jar Binks every so often

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
bitter brooklyn mario was better than wacky italian stereotype mario

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

corn in the bible posted:

bitter brooklyn mario was better than wacky italian stereotype mario

NPC behavior in Animal Crossing was based on an Nintendo employee's experience as a child visiting Brooklyn and how everyone was rude towards them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Luigi does the "-a" thing in Paper Mario Color Splash and it's weird because he's never talked that way in the RPGs before

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Phantasium posted:

I feel really old today so thread, tell me about a game you were obsessed with when you were little.

Descent 1 and 2. Even randomly met some one on the Descent 2 website in my local area to play 1v1 and co-op on my dial up modem. (I couldn't figure out how to get Kali working).

BexGu fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 12, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Paper Jam had him and Luigi communicating with vaguely Italian sounds like that family guy bit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He voices the dragon on top of the mountain in Skyrim and I'm glad somebody made mods that make him just say "Yahoooo!!" in the Mario voice in between. That mod creator was doing the lord's work.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lewd

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Finally, a videogame character that reacts appropriately to the horrors a glitch is inflicting upon them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RCarr posted:

Sim City (SNES) - I loved this game, and tried so hard to get my city to the last stage. (Megalopolis?) I never got that drat Mario statue!

It turns out that game is so busted, you can basically only get to Megalopolis by cheating or doing a lot of bizarre, weird poo poo that seems really counter-intuitive. My brothers and I spent hours trying too though, lol.

The game that played a lot as a kid was Night Stalker, for the Intellivision. I wanted to get to the Invisible Robot, but I never did.

I think Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior 3 were probably the games we played the most as kids, though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

bahgawd the Oklahoma Tango has been banned in this federation for years

I can't believe what I'm seeing

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Apparently Star Citizen devs started producing merchandise for specific ship jpgs that they're selling:

This is an exclusive offer from a brochure for the latest ship jpg that itself costs $750.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Apparently Star Citizen devs started producing merchandise for specific ship jpgs that they're selling:

This is an exclusive offer from a brochure for the latest ship jpg that itself costs $750.

Are... are those Star Citizen Magic cards? Is there also supposed to be a collectible trading card game with Star Citizen? lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

It turns out that game is so busted, you can basically only get to Megalopolis by cheating or doing a lot of bizarre, weird poo poo that seems really counter-intuitive. My brothers and I spent hours trying too though, lol

I wondered about this. A few years ago, I tried it on an emulator and found that as an adult, I was able to play the game a lot better. However it seemed like the population needed for a megalopolis was just too far off, like I needed a starting area that was almost all land or something.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I liked how you could just bulldoze the coasts and then you'd never get floods ever, even if you tried to start the disaster yourself.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Have they started a service like those ads you'd see on TV where you'd donate to sponsor a poor kid somewhere and each month you get a postcard about them?

Only instead of impoverished kids it's space ships.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

did you just say a $750 brochure

burn the loving thing to the ground

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CrashCat posted:

did you just say a $750 brochure

burn the loving thing to the ground

I think it's a brochure trying to sell you on a $750 collection of XYZ points that resemble a spaceship, then also upsell you on physical tchotchkes that also resemble said spaceship.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If people are dumb enough to continue to give them money then who cares, there are many much worse rackets to shake a pitchfork at.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

If people are dumb enough to continue to give them money then who cares, there are many much worse rackets to shake a pitchfork at.

It's funny though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tap my mountain posted:

I'm going to continue to sneer at the scummy assholes and their scummy business and you can't stop me!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tap my mountain posted:

I dunno, they've raised a pretty huge loving mountain of cash from idiots, i mean hundreds of millions

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dewgy posted:

I think it's a brochure trying to sell you on a $750 collection of XYZ points that resemble a spaceship, then also upsell you on physical tchotchkes that also resemble said spaceship.

Okay, I misunderstood the grammar of the sentence then, but it's telling how hosed up this thing has become that I thought they could actually charge $750 for a brochure

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Star Citizen: the Brochure. Invest today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I dunno, they've raised a pretty huge loving mountain of cash from idiots, i mean hundreds of millions

wait actual hundreds?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

holy crap 127 million. thats a lotta cash

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if I would scam broken space nerds out of hundreds of millions of dollars if I had the chance

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if I would scam broken space nerds out of hundreds of millions of dollars if I had the chance

I would but I would also have more fun doing so

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

INGAME merchandise :laugh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is it officially considered a religion that's tax-exempt at this point?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Andrast posted:

It's funny though

It is to an extent, but the people still posting pages and pages about the failure of it are depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was funny when it originally happened but I don't know how so many people can set aside bits in their head to care so god damned much about it that it still gets brought up. What's it been, 3 years?

• Locked thread