Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I eat up this rage. This rage is my jam. And that was PEAK Sam Bee rage.

I liked when they trotted out the "I am related to a female human in some way and so I think what Trump said is bad" bit she just went straight to "Oh, go gently caress yourself."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Caught up on the last two episodes.

Yeah, that was a glorious takedown of Paul Ryan.

And I'm glad to see she's not giving Bill Clinton a pass, all without muddling the waters.

It's kind of weird to see Sam Bee explain the 90s to me. I'm 29; and I still remember it, warts and all, pretty well.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well at least Sam can be angry again next week:

quote:

“I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone’s getting dressed and ready and everything else,” he said. “And you know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it.”

Stern replied, “You’re like a doctor.”

Trump responded: “Is everyone okay? You know they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Well I figured he used the excuse of being the "owner of the pageant" to be a creepy old pervert but having confirmation is still unsettling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just realized that Allana Harkin, one of Sam's correspondents, plays the mom on a Canadian kids show my daughter watches every morning. It was really bugging me why she looked so familiar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1447487/

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Afro posted:

Well I figured he used the excuse of being the "owner of the pageant" to be a creepy old pervert but having confirmation is still unsettling.

Sorry I forgot to link the article, the even creepier part is this:

quote:

Separately, BuzzFeed News reported Wednesday that four women in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Trump walked into their dressing room while they were changing. Some were as young as 15, BuzzFeed reported.

Three spoke anonymously, and one allowed her name to be used. “I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,'” Mariah Billado, a former Miss Vermont Teen USA, told BuzzFeed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Someone will defend this, and it's going to be as beautiful as it is wretch-inducing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oh Snapple! posted:

Someone will defend this, and it's going to be as beautiful as it is wretch-inducing.

I can't find the tweet right now, but someone asked Trump's daughter about this and got a reply that was more or less "yeah, he does that *shrug*".

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus

IRQ posted:

Well at least Sam can be angry again next week:

Just realized what this reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M&t=49s

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The problem is, none of these are any more shocking than bragging about sexual assault so I doubt they'll really make a splash.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Oh Snapple! posted:

It'll probably be Giuliani or Christie. Or maybe Ben Carson.

I'd love to see Sam Bee do an in-depth review of the first two' political careers, assuming she hasn't. I missed a good amount of Frontal this year.

Really, I just want more Chris Christie-bashing catharsis. Even if you ignore his Trump endorsement and Bridgegate, he's an unambiguously horrible human being who enjoyed bipartisan cheerleading. I'd like someone to remind everyone how Christie was able to climb into the national spotlight.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

IRQ posted:

Sorry I forgot to link the article, the even creepier part is this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

Just locker room behavior, folks.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bull3964 posted:

The problem is, none of these are any more shocking than bragging about sexual assault so I doubt they'll really make a splash.

I dunno walking into a dressing room full of naked, some underaged, girls seems like it would piss a lot of people off.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Odds on "They knew what they were getting into, it's part of the business" being a thing that is said?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New web extra:
https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/786298471791759360

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bull3964 posted:

The "it's just words" defence won't work any more though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tiggum posted:

The "it's just words" defence won't work any more though.

You are trying to apply logic to these people.

They will just say they are telling lies and are being paid off to spread them.

Nothing short of physical evidence so egregious that he is arrested will escalate the situation.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Why the heck is this not on tbs.com yet

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Bass Bottles posted:

Why the heck is this not on tbs.com yet

The youngest network executive is probably 54 and just don't know any better. I would be more than happy to sit through a few ads on their website, or Youtube, to support this show. I don't have cable so I guess files it is, then? I don't know where else I can legally watch this that doesn't involve buying cable. Can I just buy a mug or something?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Don't they put episodes up on YouTube? They did when tbs accidentally played an old episode when a new one was supposed to air.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
Yep, all their eps are up on the Full Frontal youtube.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Ohh, I see. The episodes are playlists. I always only saw 3-4 minute clips from segments and never a video with the full episode.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Edit: woops, sorry for double post.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Darm

Sam's tearing a new one on the Catholic church.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Sam Bee does an exposé on Russian trolls and lands an (albeit fluffy) interview with Obama. Still no one talks about her show. But the endless Last Week Tonight argument cycle continues. :smith:

Obama is finally doing Bill Maher's show this week too. His last few months are gettin' weird.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Mainly because this is a president whose been cock blocked for 6 of his 8 years in office and both doesn't give a gently caress and wants to remind the world he's leaving to twist the blade. :p

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

VagueRant posted:

Sam Bee does an exposé on Russian trolls and lands an (albeit fluffy) interview with Obama. Still no one talks about her show. But the endless Last Week Tonight argument cycle continues. :smith:

Obama is finally doing Bill Maher's show this week too. His last few months are gettin' weird.

Is this all some sort of elaborate gently caress-you to Jimmy Fallon and NBC?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

twerking on the railroad posted:

Is this all some sort of elaborate gently caress-you to Jimmy Fallon and NBC?

Maybe he got tired of slow-jamming the news?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Bill Maher regularly has terrible people on his show, incuding the host.

I liked the bit on Russian trolls.

I'm conflicted about my issues with FF; kind of don't want to contribute to the whatever toxic backlash against Bee that most certainly exists.

Young people are the one age demo that overwhelmingly prefers Clinton over Trump, but I feel like they're the one group that will be scapegoated by liberal pundits if Trump wins. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Were young people blamed for Brexit?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Echo Chamber posted:

Bill Maher regularly has terrible people on his show, incuding the host.

I liked the bit on Russian trolls.

I'm conflicted about my issues with FF; kind of don't want to contribute to the whatever toxic backlash against Bee that most certainly exists.

Young people are the one age demo that overwhelmingly prefers Clinton over Trump, but I feel like they're the one group that will be scapegoated by liberal pundits if Trump wins. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Were young people blamed for Brexit?

No the Brexit divide was undeniably old-white-rural vs. young-nonwhite-urban. It's the same split the US has, we're just protected because we have more non-white people. If we had britain's demographics Trump would be winning in a landslide.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The Russian troll bit was not surprising at all. Every website/forum with a "political" section is crawling with people posting almost predominantly RW shitposts - even BMW bulletin boards, most of whom probably don't have a BMW. Most are non-coastal Freeper_Patriot FYGM types though not Russians.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VagueRant posted:

It might be because there's nowhere to watch it besides cable. Maher and Oliver are on HBO Now/Go. I don't think they upload FF or Conan to hulu. I've never seen an entire episode, just the youtube clips.

Echo Chamber posted:

I feel the same way. I like watching FF and LWT, and think they're good shows, but there are segments that irk me. I feel like Oliver and especially Sam are getting out of touch of what political expectations are for younger people nowadays, and they're getting angry and bitter about it. Stuff like the alt-right, third parties, and bernie or bust is the future, and traditional RNC and eventually DNC are on their way out like newspapers and cable tv subscriptions.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Ausmund posted:

Stuff like the alt-right, third parties, and bernie or bust is the future, and traditional RNC and eventually DNC are on their way out

Good lord I hope not

All of those things are extremely stupid

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Echo Chamber posted:

http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2000/

That young people don't vote isn't just angry tv funny lady's opinion. It's gotten better than in 2000, but it's still substantially less than the (admittedly depressingly low) rate that older people vote at and if Brexit sounds bad remember George Bush? Yeah, thanks young people who don't vote.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/02/russia-to-drop-microsoft-software/

This article popped up today, and now looking at the comments, all I can think about are those two Russian trollls.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm just confused whether TV people are talking to me or talking around me. I'm getting annoyed at a lot of the "kids these days" rhetoric.

I voted in every general election, including the dumb off-year elections, since turning 18. At 29, I can only be considered a young person if we're being generous. Yet I'm bothered by the "stop staring at your phones; election important; THE MORE YOU KNOW" messaging.

Like I think about the election, the economy, and current events nonstop; I'm at the point I feel a sense of shame for having any opinion at all, because too many people on TV are contorting it and saying it's wrong. Alright, sorry for getting that off my chest.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Sam and John aren't saying anything untrue. I'm not sure what your problem with them is?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm just confused whether TV people are talking to me or talking around me. I'm getting annoyed at a lot of the "kids these days" rhetoric.

I voted in every general election, including the dumb off-year elections, since turning 18. At 29, I can only be considered a young person if we're being generous. Yet I'm bothered by the "stop staring at your phones; election important; THE MORE YOU KNOW" messaging.

Like I think about the election, the economy, and current events nonstop; I'm at the point I feel a sense of shame for having any opinion at all, because too many people on TV are contorting it and saying it's wrong. Alright, sorry for getting that off my chest.

It bothers me because of how much it misrepresents the problem. Young people don't vote because they're disenfranchised. They are more likely to be working inflexible jobs that don't allow time off for voting and to live in urban areas with insufficient polling places. Most young people are poor, and our country does everything it can to make sure poor people can't vote.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

Ausmund posted:

It might be because there's nowhere to watch it besides cable. Maher and Oliver are on HBO Now/Go. I don't think they upload FF or Conan to hulu. I've never seen an entire episode, just the youtube clips.

The clips are the segments of the entire show, plus some extra web only content. If you go to the playlists section on the Full Frontal channel each one has the segments in the order broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Echo Chamber posted:

I voted in every general election, including the dumb off-year elections, since turning 18.

Good for you, so did I. We are pretty loving exceptional in that regard though. Did you not click the link I posted?

• Locked thread