Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

Are they broken and overpowered too?

They are fun to play, and even when you're losing you're winning. Even when I drop a Deffgun Kannon round into a bunch of dudes fighting no one gets angry, my TKs are forgiven and we all high five with GUD SHOT LAD!

Honestly though it feels like most of the people playing Orkz aren't drooling morons. I'd have to say that overall I think the best players are in Orkz, followed closely by CSM and then Eldar/LSM are having a slap fight on the short bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Many people on the official forums have noticed that the Ork players seem to be much more coordinated, which is probably why they are doing so well even though most of the time all the Ork trukks have been meltagunned within the first 5 minutes, making attacks overall more difficult for Orks.

Probably the only situation where most competent Ork teams can't win is on a defensive mission where waaaaagh triggers. That's a death sentence most of the time.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
How are they coordinated? How did in game voice chat not make it into this?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Do you seriously want to hear ork players doing their best cockney accent?

My impression of orks isn't really that they've been coordinated. I play ork pretty much all the time, so maybe that's the issue, but it's generally the space marine teams which are 90% from one guild and so are the most coordinated.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

How are they coordinated?

"OI LADZ, GET A!"

"WAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!" :orks101:

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
It's all about who is drawn to what.

Eldar are about being ~cool~ solitary space elves.
Space Marines are about being being one dude worth a hundred and chasing glory.
Orks are about forming a gang and beating the poo poo out of something. Of course they're gonna have the most natural teamwork and won't gently caress around competing to be the best individual when they could be smashing some distracted idiot in the back of the head.

I don't know about Chaos. There's the warband appeal but it's probably dragged down by edgelords trying to roleplay Kharn.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

There used to be in game VOIP and they removed it before/during EA. No idea why. I think the best players are usually Orks because they don't take themselves too seriously.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Lassitude posted:

Yes

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Playing as chaos everyone seems to have a fun time making jokes and being to to each other.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
My 'main' is chaos, and they're just as self loathing as SM. They rarely say anything in chat until we're about to lose, then it's 'gently caress this lovely team' until the timer runs out.

Ork chat is non stop awful cockney ork accents.

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

The best thing about playing as an ork is that teamkills are true to canon. So go ahead and toss that sticky stikbomm onto the back of that slugga that's charging into a group of marines!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

My 'main' is chaos, and they're just as self loathing as SM. They rarely say anything in chat until we're about to lose, then it's 'gently caress this lovely team' until the timer runs out.

Ork chat is non stop awful cockney ork accents.

I'm saying gently caress this lovely team from the start when I play and it seems to lighten the mood.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MadJackMcJack posted:

"OI LADZ, GET A!"

"WAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!" :orks101:

This is the magic sauce right there.

Lassitude posted:

Yes :orks101:

Playing as Ork it's just really light hearted for the most part. No one is taking poo poo seriously and more often then not you just get this good groove going where 1/2 the team is just moving around as a giant green tide of murder.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I dunno guys, when dummies start doing ork talk I roleplay a Warcraft ork and people give me poo poo about it. Not cool!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Why did this thread turn into "We play orks cause we are the cook kids, the other races suck because they dont git gud"

There are some major disparities in the effectiveness across the four factions, I've played them all, if you can't see it, then you are blind.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
"Game sucks. May as well be orks."

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

^ if you are playing this lovely game for reasons other than scratching that 40k sperg itch you might be doing it wrong. if you want a decently balanced 3rd person lobby shooter than runs well, gears of war 4 just came out

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Why are there never any warparties? I assume warparties are like squads like in Planetside 2, or parties/pugs in traditional MMOs. There are never any in this game, at least on CSM.

Percelus posted:

^ if you are playing this lovely game for reasons other than scratching that 40k sperg itch you might be doing it wrong. if you want a decently balanced 3rd person lobby shooter than runs well, gears of war 4 just came out

Planetside 2 is literally GOTY compared to this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Go back to getting yelled out of the Planetside 2 thread.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

lite_sleepr posted:

Why are there never any warparties? I assume warparties are like squads like in Planetside 2, or parties/pugs in traditional MMOs. There are never any in this game, at least on CSM.

Warparties are literally groups that you form with others from your Steam list.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Orv posted:

Go back to getting yelled out of the Planetside 2 thread.

I'll go on not caring since I un-subscribed from that dead thread the afternoon I woke up from my beer induced haze :smug:

Are you trying to import drama?

PantsOptional posted:

Warparties are literally groups that you form with others from your Steam list.

Hahah. What is the point of creating a guild? If you have to use your steam friends list, what is the point of having a guild if you can't invite members of it to a warparty? I join a guild, I can see who in the guild is online, and then what? This game is so phenomenally bad it's :psyduck: I've never heard of a game that didn't support in-game party creation. Perhaps a later patch will introduce some more basic functionality for an online shooter in 2016. Maybe in game voice comms, too. Coordinating in a shooter game with text chat is an exercise in frustration.

To try and end on a positive note, I did have the most success I've had in this game as an Ork. Specifically the slugga boy with the full auto pistol and a choppa. Their strong attack really is as fast as a light attack for anyone else which makes chaining combos easy, and the ability to spray a full 40 rounds in seconds helps quickly finish off cocky SMs who spam M2 with abandon. Trying to enjoy it before the fast strong attacks are patched out.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 12, 2016

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Inimicul posted:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I had my first proper run as an Ork last night. First game, after we ran the defending SMs out of lives we all congregated on the point and began randomly shooting as much as possible until we all ran out of ammo and started a full-on green on green brawl. Second game, I loaded up the plasma deffgun and sprayed down entire rooms full of Ork and SM alike, and no one was even a little salty about it. I think my conversion is complete, Orks are where it's at.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress this game.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Empty a full clip into the back of an SM. He appears to be slightly disturbed so he turns around, boops me on the nose and i die in 1 hit.

This is hands down the worst game I have ever paid money for.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Melee is extremely broken.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm going to assume you missed because even a full bolt pistol mag can kill someone.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Don't use melee lock on to shoot dudes. The spray will shoot over there head.

Also just do melee, it's the only way to play this game.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

Empty a full clip into the back of an SM. He appears to be slightly disturbed so he turns around, boops me on the nose and i die in 1 hit.

You are somehow playing the game all space marine mains want

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

NPR Journalizard posted:

Replace SM with Eldar.

Inimicul posted:

This is what i'm doing from now on.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
New thread title please

Just played a game where CSM had 11 and Orks had 21. I guess lore is spot on in this game after all. Also, meltaguns deal *zero* damage to players.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 12, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

Just played a game where CSM had 11 and Orks had 21. I guess lore is spot on in this game after all. Also, meltaguns deal *zero* damage to players.

They do damage, you just have to be really close.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Steps to winning the game:

1) Play Ork.
2) Unlock Choppa Axe from 1000 req box.
3) Find Space Marine spamming M2 fast attacks and D-Bash him.
4) Strong attack strong attack strong attack strong attack dead.

Repeat until a new "NERF ORKS" thread appears on the official forums.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The melta gun is extremely good against players if even two people are using them or you use the multimelta, building up huge heat and instantly disintegrating people rules.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

The melta gun is extremely good against players if even two people are using them or you use the multimelta, building up huge heat and instantly disintegrating people rules.

This never happens. Before the paint starts to blister on armor you are dead.

I've never seen a multi melta in the wild.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Nalin posted:

Steps to winning the game:

1) Play Ork.
2) Unlock Choppa Axe from 1000 req box.
3) Find Space Marine spamming M2 fast attacks and D-Bash him.
4) Strong attack strong attack strong attack strong attack dead.

Repeat until a new "NERF ORKS" thread appears on the official forums.

Get the +damage and +impact mods on your choppa axe and it owns bones.

I'm pretty sure with those on it I down a space marine with 1 charged attack followed by 1 fast attack

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

This never happens. Before the paint starts to blister on armor you are dead.

I've never seen a multi melta in the wild.

The multi-melta builds up enough heat to kill people and vehicles in one firing cycle making it extremely hosed up to use on transports.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Yea but you have to be touching the vehicle for that to happen, which insta-gibs you when the transport blows up. loving useless.

lol you can't interact with your online guildmates in any way what a loving pathetic game this is.

Whatever. I am really terrible at this game, and its terrible code makes it worse; I guess I'll be a warp priest or whatever.

e: never mind, uninstalled.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 13, 2016

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Playing as a swooping hawk and I'm seeing my guy warp around on my screen making movment difficult while looking janky as hell.

Just got stricking scorpion veteran class and equipped the burning rune - the one that makes the symbol on the hemet glow orange. The symbol doesn't go invisible....

Animations in general have a tendency of taking time to "stop" which is very frustrating. Such as when jumping out a window, you will stop and stand, then fall. Same with a lot of other animations and executions. Janky. Ugly.

Map balence is a mess.

Vehicle balence is an even bigger mess.

Plasma cannons.

I think I'll be putting this into the video game time capsule for like 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

lite_sleepr posted:

Yea but you have to be touching the vehicle for that to happen, which insta-gibs you when the transport blows up. loving useless.

You don't.

• Locked thread