Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Brownhat posted:

I'm currently starting Barnidge while stashing Eifert. I'm just curious if Bennett is going to continue to perform. NE seems to like it's TEs.

There's just not enough of a sample size to say for sure. You may have more upside with Bennett like last week but Barnidge's place in the offense is more secure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

10 man, 1ppr league. I am thinking of putting out these trades.

My Coates/Powell for his Diggs. He owns Forte and Powell actually has more points on the season. Good/bad?

His L. Miller for my Coates/Bernard. He is hurting at receiver, (So am I, RIP Decker), but Miller just seems like an amazing buy low candidate. The opportunity is there. I figure, if my hurt RBs finally put it together, I can flip one for s receiver.

Thoughts?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Sataere posted:

10 man, 1ppr league. I am thinking of putting out these trades.

My Coates/Powell for his Diggs. He owns Forte and Powell actually has more points on the season. Good/bad?

His L. Miller for my Coates/Bernard. He is hurting at receiver, (So am I, RIP Decker), but Miller just seems like an amazing buy low candidate. The opportunity is there. I figure, if my hurt RBs finally put it together, I can flip one for s receiver.

Thoughts?

Smart moves on both. Digs more likely to work.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Thwomp posted:

There's just not enough of a sample size to say for sure. You may have more upside with Bennett like last week but Barnidge's place in the offense is more secure.

Not enough of a sample size of these specific players performing together, or NE/McDaniels having 2 productive tight ends? I don't think it's crazy to think they both wind up top 10 TEs if healthy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So is the Kendall Wright experiment officially over? He droppable in deep bench dynasty without regrets?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BigFactory posted:

Not enough of a sample size of these specific players performing together, or NE/McDaniels having 2 productive tight ends? I don't think it's crazy to think they both wind up top 10 TEs if healthy.

It's hard to say which given the major changes to the offense (Gronk back in the last two weeks, Brady back last week).

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

BigFactory posted:

I expect Bennett will finish the season well, his TDs to date are good enough to pretty much ensure a top half finish, but I bet you're playing whack-a-mole the whole year hoping to avoid the 2 point games and hit on the 20.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I'd mash if he wants JMatt.

He wants Cobb and is thinking on it. :stare:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ben Nevis posted:

I expect Bennett will finish the season well, his TDs to date are good enough to pretty much ensure a top half finish, but I bet you're playing whack-a-mole the whole year hoping to avoid the 2 point games and hit on the 20.

Isn't that the exact same as Olsen/Kelce/Graham/Barndige

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
it's almost as if tight ends are stupid

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm a bit bored here at work and have the trade itch. Here's my current roster

QB - Matty Ice, Carr
RB - DJ, Forte, CMike, Foster, Ware
WR - Jordy, Evans, JMatt, Cameron Meredith, Terrance Williams
TE - Kelce
D/ST - Steelers, Vikings (Steelers will be dropped after this week)
K - Bailey

I've got 3 potential targets.

#1: The guy I got JMatt off of for DeAndre Washington and Tyrell Williams. He's the Decker owner. Only player I'd want are probably Brady and maybe Gurley. Does offering Carr/Meredith/Ware for Brady/L. Murray really hurt or help my team?

#2: Dude is rolling with Kirk Cousins and has Dez. Offered Carr/JMatt/Ware for ARob/Eifert. Haven't heard back. I'm thinking he may be a Taco and doesn't pay attention.

3: Last guy is rolling with Wentz and Eli and no real depth at RB behind his two started. I'm thinking of shooting over Carr/JMatt/Ware for Wentz (or Eli)/Emmanuel Sanders.

So thoughts? Any of these trades help my team? Or should I just stand pat with what I have?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

it's almost as if tight ends are stupid

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Please don't hate on the most important position in football not named Quarterback.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:rip: Jordan Reed - you died as you lived. With scrambled egg brains.

(per sleeperbot)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

(per sleeperbot)

6 in 6 years, good lord.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
There's some interesting names on the waiver wire and I'm going to have at least one empty bench slot after trade. Help me pick 1-2 out of these waiver RBs:

Fozzy Whitaker
Bobby Rainey
Mike Gilislee
Justin Forsett

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

BigFactory posted:

.5 ppr, rounding up

Olsen: 11, 21, 9, 19, 23
Kelce: 10, 6, 18, 11
Graham: (injured; shouldn't have played him), 6, 17, 14
Barnidge: 0, 6, 11, 9, 10

Worried about them having a single-digit game is a better modifier. And Olsen is in a Gronkian class of his own right now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

LmaoTheKid posted:

6 in 6 years, good lord.

:rip: indeed. scary

I'm glad I owned him during his one healthy year, so he could carry me to a championship game (which I then lost due to drafting Fat Eddie in the first round)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

(per sleeperbot)

Annnddd that's why I never bit on his ADP.

Azhais posted:

So is the Kendall Wright experiment officially over? He droppable in deep bench dynasty without regrets?

Kendall Wright has been lovely for years. Dump him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I drop Enunwa or Powell for Devontae Booker, Corey Coleman, or Dion Lewis? (Non-ppr)

My team:

QB- Stafford
RB- Charles, Anderson, Hyde, McKinnon, Mathews, Powell
WR- Hopkins, Sanders, Shepard, John Brown, Enunwa
TE- Gronk

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 12, 2016

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I just picked up Austin Sefarian-Jenkins but I have Gronk. The Jordan Reed owner has no backup TEs. Should I try to flip ASJ for Emmanuel Sanders?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vargo posted:

I just picked up Austin Sefarian-Jenkins but I have Gronk. The Jordan Reed owner has no backup TEs. Should I try to flip ASJ for Emmanuel Sanders?

You need to be more realistic. You aren't getting Sanders for ASJ.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Vargo posted:

Lmao

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

(per sleeperbot)

IT SURE IS A SHAME NO ONE COULD'VE PREDICTED THIS

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Reed is like the Foster of TEs. He can be great but will never stay healthy. I never understood the high ADP.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm so glad I got ertz for $0 faab this week in the league where I have Reed

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Suave Fedora posted:

.5 ppr, rounding up

Olsen: 11, 21, 9, 19, 23
Kelce: 10, 6, 18, 11
Graham: (injured; shouldn't have played him), 6, 17, 14
Barnidge: 0, 6, 11, 9, 10

Worried about them having a single-digit game is a better modifier. And Olsen is in a Gronkian class of his own right now.

It's also week 5. Last year in standard scoring Olsen had 1, 7, 25, 2, 19, 6, 13, 12, 8, 11, 7, 12, 5, 12, 4, 1

Kelce was 22, 5, 8, 4, 3, 8, 7, 10, 3, 4, 12, 4, 1, 7, 10, 1

pretty trick or treat. Maybe this year will be way better, maybe not?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

RCarr posted:

You need to be more realistic. You aren't getting Sanders for ASJ.

Maybe should have mentioned, this dude frequently makes bad trade decisions and his team is absolutely terrible, but I got it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I mean you can always try. I always low-ball as a starting point. If the guy takes it, then great. If not, well then you have a floor to start on and you can work your way up.

However, that trade is insulting and I'd not want to do business with you if I was him. If he's an idiot though, well go for it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp. I traded for Reed, got a few good games out of him, and now he's likely not going to play. Already dropped Carson Wentz for Tyler Eifert, but I'm wondering if I should grab someone else. Half PPR:

Best available are:

Antonio Gates
Zach MIller
Charles Clay
Dwayne Allen
Julius Thomas
Gary Barnidge
Richard Rodgers

Should I grab any of them or stick with Eifert and hope he comes back in stride?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

What happened to Reed? Did he get hit in practice? How do you get a concussion on a Wednesday

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Butter Hole posted:

What happened to Reed? Did he get hit in practice? How do you get a concussion on a Wednesday

Scrabbled eggs knows no off day.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

you merely adopted the hotbrains, i was born in them

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Butter Hole posted:

I guess he was just showing symptoms today in practice because I haven't heard anything about this on the radio until literally just now.

Sucks. He's so talented but his brains are basically mashed potatoes at this point.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welp. I traded for Reed, got a few good games out of him, and now he's likely not going to play. Already dropped Carson Wentz for Tyler Eifert, but I'm wondering if I should grab someone else. Half PPR:

Best available are:

Antonio Gates
Zach MIller
Charles Clay
Dwayne Allen
Julius Thomas
Gary Barnidge
Richard Rodgers

Should I grab any of them or stick with Eifert and hope he comes back in stride?

How is Zach Miller still available and you should go scoop him up like five minutes ago.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Forsett or Dion Lewis?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Zypher posted:

Forsett or Dion Lewis?

Easily Lewis

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So I'm being offered Alshon Jeffery for either Nuk or Tevin Coleman. 10 team full PPR with bonus.

https://imgur.com/gDWy1dx

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Easily Lewis

I kinda want to grab Lewis in my half PPR league to stash but I'd have to drop either Shepard or Ware for him. Or I could try to wait it out for one more week so I can drop the defense I'm using to cover Minnesota's bye week.

Hope people dont start talking about him too much.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Santheb posted:

I guess he was just showing symptoms today in practice because I haven't heard anything about this on the radio until literally just now.

Sucks. He's so talented but his brains are basically mashed potatoes at this point.

How is Zach Miller still available and you should go scoop him up like five minutes ago.

Someone with Jimmy Graham dropped him for Eddie Royal.

Also someone just dropped Doug Martin. gently caress me my team can't handle this. Half PPR, 3WR, ten teams.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell
WR: Marvin Jones, TY Hilton, Jordan Matthews, John Brown, Tyrell Williams, Stefon Diggs, Dez Bryant
TE: Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert
DST: Bills
K: Hauschka

I'm 4th in waiver claims but I'm ahead of most of the active people. Here's my tentative order of operations:

Claim 1: Grab Martin, Drop Eifert
Claim 2: Grab Miller, Drop Eifert
Claim 3: Grab Miller, Drop Hauschka

Sound good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

BigFactory posted:

I think with Bennett you're looking at a player with virtually no floor. Olsen may have a bum week from time to time, but it's rarely a 0.

• Locked thread