Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm of the "Jarvis Landry is merely okay, Miami just generates an insane number of touches for him" camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

"I try to put myself in Tony's shoes. I'm sure Tony wants to play. I mean, he doesn't want to get injured, he wants to be productive, but you have to look at the dynamics right now," Favre said on Sirius XM on Tuesday. "And (the Cowboys) really are hitting on all cylinders. So, this is hypothetically thinking, if you are Tony you say, 'You know what, as much as I want to play, I don't want to press the issue.' I want to play but I'm going to let it play out right now and it is probably better if Dak starts struggling and then they bring me in rather than they put me in and then all of a sudden we're not hitting on all cylinders and everyone's like, 'Ah, they should have got rid of Tony, blah, blah.'

"... I'm not saying that you tell (Jason) Garrett or Jerry Jones, 'Look, I don't want to play.' I think, you want to play but I don't want to mess up the dynamics of the team. If we get to a point where we're struggling, then it is time for me to come in. Now, I know that's a hard thing to do. ... I just think you are better if you wait until you are really needed. And I mean no disrespect whatsoever to Tony."

Et tu Brett?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Panthers/Cards week 8 no longer America's Game of the Week

Officially RIP America's faith in the Panthers

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Not surprised most goons have never been in a locker room

I'm surprised you could hear anything through the walls of your locker.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Panthers/Cards week 8 no longer America's Game of the Week

Officially RIP America's faith in the Panthers

And the Cardinals, too, for that matter.

The only good teams left are the ones that are always good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chichevache posted:

Bwahahahahaha

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

they've got those little vents in front so he could hear all the names they were calling him

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

One of the interesting things about both the Eagles and the Cowboys is that, while each team had one of league's easiest schedules (27th for Philly, 23rd for Dallas), both teams are now looking at some of the league's hardest schedules (1st and 3rd for Philly and Dallas, respectively). There will almost certainly be a corresponding drop-off in production/increase in struggles for both teams, and it may naturally create a good situation for bringing Romo back.

Nov 6, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

One of the interesting things about both the Eagles and the Cowboys is that, while each team had one of league's easiest schedules (27th for Philly, 23rd for Dallas), both teams are now looking at some of the league's hardest schedules (1st and 3rd for Philly and Dallas, respectively). There will almost certainly be a corresponding drop-off in production/increase in struggles for both teams, and it may naturally create a good situation for bringing Romo back.

True. But I love Favre giving advice that he would never, ever, ever, ever, ever have taken.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ehud sweet Ehud don't even bother

Seriously he's so drat stupid I bet he doesn't correlate the broken tackles to pressure and sacks and instead takes it as a negative

HE SHOULD RUN MORE

the fact we released THREE LINEMEN WHO STARTED ONE POINT THIS SEASON should be as obvious as those gifs but nope it's all tannehill

He's far from perfect - but acting like if we put Brady back there our offense puts up 30 points is pretty PFZ

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Worst players at every position this week:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-lowest-graded-player-at-every-position-in-nfl-week-5

Includes the entire left side of the Dolphins OL

quote:

Left tackle: Billy Turner, Miami Dolphins, 26.1

Turner was essentially a turnstile in this game, allowing pressure at an alarming rate against a Titans’ defense that hasn’t been all that good. He surrendered three sacks, two hits, and three hurries.

Left guard: Dallas Thomas, Miami Dolphins, 35.9

Like Turner, Dallas Thomas also had a rough day at the office. The Dolphins’ guard surrendered a QB hit, three QB hurries, two tackles, and allowed his blocking assignment to disrupt Miami’s rushing attack on quite a few snaps.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tannehill is trash, and most any QB in the league looks good unpressured

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

There is no paper bag filled with poo poo that he won't gleefully stomp on

https://twitter.com/KilloughCNN/status/786297557664272384

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't remember Landry being suspended for weed.

Yeah maybe but only old people white people care about that... Oh, nm

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jonathan Fisk posted:

To be fair, all of the Cowboys backups in 2015 played behind a god-tier OL and they were all pure hammered poo poo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/786319716453191681

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/786320619650637829

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

If anyone knows how to gracefully bow out, it's Burt Farve

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Not often a man walks away from $126 million/yr

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Oh hey, the "clownball" NFC East has the most wins out of any division (12). :smug:

I just added them up real quick
NFCE - 12
AFCW - 11
NFCN - 11
NFCW - 09
AFCE - 09
AFCN - 09
AFCS - 08
NFCS - 08

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
AFCS/NFCS are the true clownball though? Saints, Colts, Jags, Texans...... NFCE by comparison has two decent teams, one passable team, and only one trainwreck. When that trainwreck plays though, that poo poo is nothing but clownball.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Naturally Selected posted:

AFCS/NFCS are the true clownball though? Saints, Colts, Jags, Texans...... NFCE by comparison has two decent teams, one passable team, and only one trainwreck. When that trainwreck plays though, that poo poo is nothing but clownball.

Yeah but when that team plays it includes stuff like Eliface and OBJ getting doinked by a kicking net

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NattyBo posted:

Yeah but when that team plays it includes stuff like Eliface and OBJ getting doinked by a kicking net

I'm guessing if OBJ rescues one more of Eli's "passes" for a TD, they're gonna have a full on wedding ceremony on the sidelines :v:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

As usual, there's likely truth in the middle. He's pretty clearly not trash. He's pretty clearly not a top QB.

We've likely ruined absolutely any chance of him being consistently what we've seen at times, a great QB and heavily increased the odds of him more being consistently what we've also seen at times, a bad QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Tannehill isn't some world beater of a quarterback, but if you dropped him on their teams could he be Sam Bradford or Dak Preskott or Andy Dalton? Yeah, probably.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

And that's why Talib is no longer a New England Patriot.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

As usual, there's likely truth in the middle. He's pretty clearly not trash. He's pretty clearly not a top QB.

We've likely ruined absolutely any chance of him being consistently what we've seen at times, a great QB and heavily increased the odds of him more being consistently what we've also seen at times, a bad QB.

Most qbs are trash tho

Tyrod is trash too, par example

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

One good thing about Trump getting elected is that he'd probably throw Goodell in prison.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chichevache posted:

Ok. I'm in great position now. *looks down*

Alaois posted:

they've got those little vents in front so he could hear all the names they were calling him

:stonklol: Oh he really went there? He's usually pretty sharp. Oh well, it's time for him to get burned.

Hey, Alaois. How do you know? :smug:

edit
Credit to Darius Slay for writing that.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Most qbs are trash tho

Tyrod is trash too, par example

The key difference is the Bills realize the limitations of Tyrod, game plan around him and take advantages of the few matchups he has. Minus the GOLDEN Baltimore Ravens game, people don't really notice he's kind of a crappy QB.

Meanwhile those blubbery buffoons that are the Dolphins think Tannehill is obviously Dan Marino.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Pro-freekin'-click: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/top-5-nfl-receivers-chris-harris-jr/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

No Eagles on the list, checks out

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

fsif posted:

And the Cardinals, too, for that matter.

The only good teams left are the ones that are always good.

If we can ever get a complete game on both sides of the ball we might actually be legit scary.

Get on the Raiders :bandwagon: brother, it's not too late and we got plenty of room for fans of cool teams.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Black Sunshine posted:

If we can ever get a complete game on both sides of the ball we might actually be legit scary.

Get on the Raiders :bandwagon: brother, it's not too late and we go plenty of room for fans of cool teams.

I'm all in on the Raiders bandwagon as my AFC team. Raiders/Falcons superbowl? Yes, please!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

The key difference is the Bills realize the limitations of Tyrod, game plan around him and take advantages of the few matchups he has. Minus the GOLDEN Baltimore Ravens game, people don't really notice he's kind of a crappy QB.

Meanwhile those blubbery buffoons that are the Dolphins think Tannehill is obviously Dan Marino.

What on earth in Miamis recent history makes you think they think this? They let a complete and utter moron control this team to the tune of NOT RUNNING THE BALL WHEN YOU AVERAGE 5.0 YPC.

Tannebaum has no idea what he's doing
Ross is a great owner who is really trying but he clearly lets himself be charmed. Or he's a jets plant

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm all in on the Raiders bandwagon as my AFC team. Raiders/Falcons superbowl? Yes, please!

Bills / Seahawks SB

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Amy Pole Her posted:

What on earth in Miamis recent history makes you think they think this?

Amy Pole Her posted:

They let a complete and utter moron control this team to the tune of NOT RUNNING THE BALL WHEN YOU AVERAGE 5.0 YPC.

Yes that and they gave him a 95$ million contract.

The Dolphins are in a terrible situation because Tannehill is just good enough that they don't want to cut their losses, but by staying with him they cannot remove the millstone around their neck. Or more accurately those plastic things that hold soda around their fins.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ehud posted:

I agree, but lately he's under siege as soon as his feet are planted on a 3 step drop. He often doesn't even have time to make reads.

Elite QBs get the ball out in less than 3 seconds. Tannehill should be able to no problem.

Nov 6, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Yes that and they gave him a 95$ million contract.

The Dolphins are in a terrible situation because Tannehill is just good enough that they don't want to cut their losses, but by staying with him they cannot remove the millstone around their neck. Or more accurately those plastic things that hold soda around their fins.

Those big contracts for QBs aren't really a handicap, pretty much the norm for any team that has recently signed a QB they expect to be the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Elite QBs get the ball out in less than 3 seconds. Tannehill should be able to no problem.

lol you think tannehill gets 3 seconds

• Locked thread