Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

digital foundry is some dumb spergy poo poo. just thought i should let everyone know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

CharlestonJew posted:

you can't throw snakes on people in 5, this checks out

The problem with that was it was such a hassle to do, that you might as well just run up to them and slam them like ImpAtom said.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

strapping balloons to people more than makes up for the loss of some goofy options from previous games in my mind

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: soooooooooold out!

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 14, 2016

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

They're not asking you to send those back or anything?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I just sent back a game because I got sent two copies accidentally. UnfortunateSexFart you look so tiny from my moral high ground.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

omg chael crash posted:

They're not asking you to send those back or anything?

From what I can tell that's not their policy. Either way that would be my problem.

edit: legally they can't ask for it back https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I just sent back a game because I got sent two copies accidentally. UnfortunateSexFart you look so tiny from my moral high ground.

I know, I am a terrible person trying to give discounts to goons instead of returning it to poor little Amazon.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 12, 2016

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I don't really care about Amazon, but giving discounts to goons.. I think you can do better.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

From what I can tell that's not their policy. Either way that would be my problem.

edit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

I know, I am a terrible person trying to give discounts to goons instead of returning it to poor little Amazon.

Hey man I was just curious

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ummm Amazon just sent me 20 copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary edition (i.e. the one that was released this Tuesday with all the DLC and VR modes etc). I only need one, so I'll sell the remaining 19 to my fellow goons for $50 US ($67 Cdn) - lowering it because it's still in the Prime discount window - $45 US ($60 Cdn) each, shipped to anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Check the SA mart thread for details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794023

which gamestop did you rob

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

omg chael crash posted:

Hey man I was just curious

Actually, on the off chance that Amazon ever came asking for it back, I'd want to not be out of pocket so I'd ask for the Amazon discount price as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"I didn't get it "

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We're getting a World of Final Fantasy demo next week so ya'll can play the better Final Fantasy game released in 2016

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Can you return just one of them for a refund? :getin:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rolo posted:

Oooh that would be extra evil, but nah

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I don't really care about Amazon, but giving discounts to goons.. I think you can do better.

You're right, I should charge full price. All that mocking because I wasn't good at bloodborne :qq:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

You're right, I should charge full price. All that mocking because I wasn't good at bloodborne :qq:

How bout for free? thx

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

I guess that's what the hints were talking about. I thought about it when the name popped up, since she was looking for her dad, but then I forgot about it once the fight actually started. what does it actually do?

goferchan posted:

did you find the item after the fight and go back and talk to her ? :)

is there some point to doing this, other than making the girl wish she were dead?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rolo posted:

--> Your actions have made you slightly more evil.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

is there some point to doing this, other than making the girl wish she were dead?

returning her mom's broach or w/e it was advances the girl's sidequest, and by that I mean she gets eaten by a giant pig in the sewers

you should keep the item for yourself because you can use it to get a free blood gem. it won't last you the whole game but it's better than what you'll get for a little while

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Dewgy posted:

--> Your actions have made you slightly more evil.

Jeff Bezos will remember this

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Ummm Amazon just sent me 20 copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary edition (i.e. the one that was released this Tuesday with all the DLC and VR modes etc). I only need one, so I'll sell the remaining 19 to my fellow goons for $50 US ($67 Cdn) - lowering it because it's still in the Prime discount window - $45 US ($60 Cdn) each, shipped to anywhere in the continental US or Canada. Check the SA mart thread for details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794023

i'll give you $20 to keep with the 20 copies and 20th anniversary theme.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rise of the Tomb Raider might have some of the worst cover art ever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"20 year celebration" is such a bizarre subtitle

Who gives a gently caress?!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider might have some of the worst cover art ever.

Speaking of that, I just noticed it comes with an art book too (roughly 20 pages).

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just a way to differentiate it from the xbox version so we feel special.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I actually really like the case to Rise of the Tomb Raider. Im kind of excited to try out the coop endurance mode.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

baram. posted:

i'll give you $20 to keep with the 20 copies and 20th anniversary theme.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

morallyobjected posted:

Well take out the wish part and you got it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Harlock posted:

We're getting a World of Final Fantasy demo next week so ya'll can play the better Final Fantasy game released in 2016

:D

e: does the wishlist on the playstation store work like steam, where they will email me if there is a sale? i currently live in a place where amazon will send me packages under special circumstances (something called flex delivery which my incompetent local post office ignores and sends them back to sender) so i have to buy games digitally, and 80$ is a hefty pricetag for most of these

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 13, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

zolthorg posted:

e: does the wishlist on the playstation store work like steam, where they will email me if there is a sale?

Nnnnnnnope.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Bloodborne update:

I accidentally attacked a guy I guess could have been my friend in the cathedral. Is there any way to undo that or is he just going to kill me on sight for the rest of the game?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Try psprices.com, you can get price alerts and view price histories and stuff for all psn platforms.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

morallyobjected posted:

Bloodborne update:

I accidentally attacked a guy I guess could have been my friend in the cathedral. Is there any way to undo that or is he just going to kill me on sight for the rest of the game?

Aww, that guy is super nice. I don't think he ever attacks you back though if it is who I am thinking of.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

morallyobjected posted:

Bloodborne update:

If it's the grey armor blonde guy, don't worry about it, he sucks, though you do miss out on one of the more :stonk: moments in the game by not finishing his questline. Something to save for NG+ or a new character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah you have to go to your wishlist and scroll down every week to see whats on sale.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Remaining core and bundle PS VR headsets are up on Amazon right now - http://amzn.to/2dL3ght

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

morallyobjected posted:

Bloodborne update:

I remember there's another NPC in the first area, and after my 100 deaths in the bonfire area I had become so paranoid and cowardly that I backstabbed and lashed out at anything that moved. When she talked to me and someone in this thread told me I had permanently made her hostile by attacking her I was like, "Oh man"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tomb Raider used to be a big loving deal back in the uh PS1 days, I guess they're banking on nostalgia.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bloodborne pro tip: mobs are often set up in really dickish ways but you can usually run past ambushes and attack from behind in a better position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tomb Raider still is a fairly big deal, the reboot sold pretty well. It was only considered a failure in Square-Enix's retarded eyes because they wanted it to sell CoD numbers to help fund the dumpster fire that was Final Fantasy XIV 1.0.

• Locked thread