Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aw nor Benjamina 😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Goodbye, neck mole. Please get your neck mole sorted out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
New Reggie Yates documentary on the iPlayer, this time he's looking at the rising gun violence in the US, focused on Chicago.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bape Culture posted:

Aw nor Benjamina 😭

I think Andrew or Selasi might be next. Cog pies were impressive though.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I know it was trash telly, but I'm through with Hunted, I think.

The mail intercept was just a bit bullshit, seems massively stacked now.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Happy to see anal loving Candice win star baker.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Still Game is back! The first episode is just as funny as it's always been and just as loving depressing too.

New Red Dwarf is getting better as it goes on, the latest episode was actually quite good.

Taskmaster's latest lineup is a bit lacking but the show is still very Good. By far the best thing Dave does.

These are my current comedy opinions.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Red Oktober posted:

I know it was trash telly, but I'm through with Hunted, I think.

The mail intercept was just a bit bullshit, seems massively stacked now.

I'm watching it now in the same way I watch the Apprentice- fictional reality tv. Shame coz I really liked the first series.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

Happy to see anal loving Candice win star baker.

Surprising lack of peacock puns

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Mr Phillby posted:

Still Game is back! The first episode is just as funny as it's always been and just as loving depressing too.

Visited my brother in law in Falkirk last week and he made us watch a load of Still Game and it was loving rubbish.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

SeanBeansShako posted:

New Reggie Yates documentary on the iPlayer, this time he's looking at the rising gun violence in the US, focused on Chicago.

Oh, FYI it's a pretty grueling episode to watch emotionally. Bring loved ones and cups of tea :(.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Thrifting Day! posted:

Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea announced as the new captains on the next series of 8 Out Of 10 Cats.

Just 8 out of 10 cats though, not "does countdown" - it looks like they're going to do more episodes of both and this is the only way that the scheduling will work.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Surprising lack of peacock puns

Lots of pies were dripping though, and "it was moister back at home"

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Bogmonster posted:

Visited my brother in law in Falkirk last week and he made us watch a load of Still Game and it was loving rubbish.

That's Falkirk for you!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I'm glad my boy Selasi is still in bake off, after discovering Robbie Coltrane was a teflon nonce it would have become a terrible week if Selasi got thrown out too.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think highly of Selasi.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I wonder what Pissflaps Power Rankings are for the remaining Bakers

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I don't know her name, but we've been referring to her as either "lipstick" or "hens arse" - I reckon she's going to win.

Selasi is great but he's not gonna win. :(

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

I wonder what Pissflaps Power Rankings are for the remaining Bakers

What is a power ranking ?

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Nettle Soup posted:

I don't know her name, but we've been referring to her as either "lipstick" or "hens arse" - I reckon she's going to win.

Selasi is great but he's not gonna win. :(

Candace and the older lady are definite finalists. They keep cutting to each one for reactions shots of as the other displays their buns.

I think baking ability gets you to the final, but being A Certain Character makes you the winner. They need a different type of person on each year's cookbook. Andrew won't win because we've already a had twee gay win (John Whaite). The older lady is just the new version of Nancy from 2 seasons ago. Selasie and Candace are New Models. I'd put my money on Candace.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

Its your rankings of who you think are the most powerful bakers

Padje posted:

I'd put my money on Candace.

I'd like to squeeze her baps

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think the old woman is the best overall and Selasi has the most natural talent and physical strength and candice is dirtiest and the ginger one is a bit poo poo

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

The Big Taff Man posted:

Its your rankings of who you think are the most powerful bakers

I'd like to squeeze her baps

More information has come out about the ITV wrestling thing, per the Observer. Apparently it is based on the World of the Sport show from the 80s, even though it sounds nothing like that. The show to copy is Lucha Underground, but I doubt that's the direction they're prepared to go in.

I expect yer man from the last series of Love Island to be the first champion.

I also expect a full event report from 'The Big Taff Man'.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
A certain type of British drama feels rather notable by its absence this autumn. Basically we need the return of Spooks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pissflaps posted:

Observe.

UK TV Thread Poster Power Rankings

1. Rondette
2. sebzilla
3. Breath Ray
4. EL BROMANCE
5. reality_groove
6. Paperhouse
7. goatface
8. Pissflaps
9. Taff

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Not a good advert for this sort of rating scheme tbf.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Rarity posted:

Observe.

1. Rondette
2. sebzilla
3. Breath Ray
4. EL BROMANCE
5. reality_groove
6. Paperhouse
7. goatface
8. Pissflaps
9. Taff

I think you're now on Taff's list twice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think you're now on Taff's list twice.

Oh honey, I am the list

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

As we're getting close to Halloween, does anyone else remember the 'reality_groove childhood nightmare 2-for-1 guarantee' double of 999 Lifesavers on BBC and Strange but True on ITV? Nothing like 'My Toddler is Choking and Turning Blue' followed by a reenactment of the Enfield Poltergeist.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh wow ok go me!

:sparkles:

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
At least you didn't put yourself down, Rarity!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That printed guy on the latest episode of Red Dwarf is the funniest but creepiest thing I have seen in a long time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rondette posted:

That printed guy on the latest episode of Red Dwarf is the funniest but creepiest thing I have seen in a long time.

It was a surprisingly good episode. Could have been easily from one of the classic series. One tiny thing that annoyed me was that Rimmer's forehead H was on all of his printed selves, although they were printed based on his genetic material. On the other hand, I can imagine that he'd made them wear it for some stupid egotistic reason.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The ending was really abrupt, but yeah it had some good laughs in it. First half was definitely better though.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've been watching series 3 of Taskmaster. Is Paul Chowdhry educationally subnormal?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Angrymog posted:

I think Andrew or Selasi might be next. Cog pies were impressive though.

I think Selassi next week, Jane the week after, Andrew and Candice in the final. Candice to win. Even though she can't pronounce her own name properly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lemon posted:

I've been watching series 3 of Taskmaster. Is Paul Chowdhry educationally subnormal?

Paul reminds me of a guy I used to work with. His deadpan humour is hilarious.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Padje posted:

I also expect a full event report from 'The Big Taff Man'.

Im not going cant be arsed

Rarity posted:

Observe.

1. Rondette
2. sebzilla
3. Breath Ray
4. EL BROMANCE
5. reality_groove
6. Paperhouse
7. goatface
8. Pissflaps
9. Taff

You're supposed to go best to worst.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Have missed (har-har) the new episode of The Missing. Has anyone watched it? Series 1 was simply sublime, but I don't know if a different disappearance story can be different enough from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im not going cant be arsed

What if I told you I've done some mild investagating and I'm sure Andi Peters is behind the whole thing?

Paladinus posted:

Have missed (har-har) the new episode of The Missing. Has anyone watched it? Series 1 was simply sublime, but I don't know if a different disappearance story can be different enough from it.

Felt exactly the same way, but this is no retread. Just watch the first episode for proof.