Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
also everyone gets hot or cold exhaustion unless they have hot or cold resist if they are two points away from preferred scales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Thanks. That explains the battle results. Centaurs are untouchable at 18 defence vs 12 attack without cold and fatigue shenanigans.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Dominions 4 Multiplayer Mayhem goes into the 26th episode of this season. Will the angry computer controlling the fantasy Japanese win this time???

:frogsiren: Mo Money, Mo Problems II: Part 26 :frogsiren:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I doubt you are going to find niffle giants walking around not under their cold scales though.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
New patch!

You can have more nations and descriptions and that. Cool.

#landrec/landcom is in, which give UW nations proper land fort recruits. Expect everyone who cares about UW being terrible to do things with this.

Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.

Patch notes say "Slothpower didn't work correctly " It still doesn't :negative:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

jBrereton posted:

New patch!

You can have more nations and descriptions and that. Cool.

#landrec/landcom is in, which give UW nations proper land fort recruits. Expect everyone who cares about UW being terrible to do things with this.

Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.

Patch notes say "Slothpower didn't work correctly " It still doesn't :negative:

This is pretty cool!

Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

MF_James posted:

This is pretty cool!

Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.Communicants and things like them (units which are communion slaves) now benefit from Masters' spells that they cast on themselves.
get well soon

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

get well soon

He must have been traumatized by a communicant ownage at some point due to that not working before.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Communicants still can't do anything in communion so it's not Return of the Linebacker, right? We can just drop Summon Earthpower and Personal Regeneration Hell Power for value now?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Communicants still can't do anything in communion so it's not Return of the Linebacker, right? We can just drop Summon Earthpower and Personal Regeneration Hell Power for value now?

Yes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's still set so that any communicants are unable to actually do things themselves

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah I picked communicants in a draft game and did not realize they were unaffected by buffs.

This increases their power pretty well, if you can cast relief or something else that lowers fatigue they will not fall down in droves as they did before, they'll still fall down since they have no paths/no way to boost paths, but this will help somewhat.

*edit*

relief may be a bad example since that's battlefield wide (did that affect them previously?), but summon earthpower may affect them now?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

cast Regenerate You Are Self.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

MF_James posted:

Yeah I picked communicants in a draft game and did not realize they were unaffected by buffs.

This increases their power pretty well, if you can cast relief or something else that lowers fatigue they will not fall down in droves as they did before, they'll still fall down since they have no paths/no way to boost paths, but this will help somewhat.

*edit*

relief may be a bad example since that's battlefield wide (did that affect them previously?), but summon earthpower may affect them now?
Summon Earthpower, Personal Luck, Mistform, Personal Regen, Skeletal Body, loads of unambiguously good stuff.

Summon Hellpower, Phoenix Pyre, Blink, Returning, Soul Vortex, and other edge cases now also apply though!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

Summon Earthpower, Personal Luck, Mistform, Personal Regen, Skeletal Body, loads of unambiguously good stuff.

Summon Hellpower, Phoenix Pyre, Blink, Returning, Soul Vortex, and other edge cases now also apply though!

Soul Vortex will be funny. It's a completely new way to destroy your own army!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the big soul vortex play is to have someone standing behind the soul vortexed communion slaves cast creeping doom so that all of the bugs get eaten to keep the slaves healthy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the Cooperative Anteaters strategy is extremely powerful

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

It came to my attention that the artifact mod was a buggy badly balanced piece of poo poo so I hosed with it to make it less so (druid boots are no longer insanely op due to bug. no more celestial gryphons from holger the head etc). Also changed a few items that hadn't been modded that should have been and added a gold bounty to all arena items so every piece you earn gives 150g a turn. Also the pieces that were trash are no longer trash.

Updated mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsk2dnmyywcrhna/artifacts.zip?dl=0

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 12, 2016

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

why wouldn't you rename it to 'champion's scrotum' ??? bad update, throw it in the trash

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

why wouldn't you rename it to 'champion's scrotum' ??? bad update, throw it in the trash

Scrotum sadly did not make it in. Draupnir is now worth 420 gold per samog though.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

hell yeah 420 generate gold erry month

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As I've accidentally had the mod enabled for a SP game I'm currently using for testing, I will say that at least in the older version the Crown of Despair's tooltip says it gives a level of NATURE magic for some screwy reason. Wondering if that got caught/removed/fixed. Several other items I'd noticed (the Druid boots for example - hadn't realized they were hugely bugged, but had noticed the entire description was from a different item) were definitely caught though.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

As I've accidentally had the mod enabled for a SP game I'm currently using for testing, I will say that at least in the older version the Crown of Despair's tooltip says it gives a level of NATURE magic for some screwy reason. Wondering if that got caught/removed/fixed. Several other items I'd noticed (the Druid boots for example - hadn't realized they were hugely bugged, but had noticed the entire description was from a different item) were definitely caught though.

Crown of Despair was fixed to boost D. There were a shitton of errors and bugs so let me know if you notice any I missed.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Dominions 4 Noch ein Tor: Part 27 :siren:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

:eyepop:

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical

This is worth you taking them from me the turn before I get to actually make one.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The guy in the last part of that is the one from that which sleeps right?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I just had a bunch of Theodoros ghosts bump into my army from out of nowhere (ok, from a lake) in a game. What's the nation gimmick? I see only a priestess is amphibian, and I assume their priests can summon ghosts like Ermor. Are they kill on sight, do I have to worry about an unending cavalcade of ethereal chaff, or it's just a minor trick?

Follow up question, what's a good counter to ethereal beings as EA Pangea in the early game? At worst I could seduce their single commander and send a couple of water elementals after her, but it seems quite inefficient.

Also this is good.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

I just had a bunch of Theodoros ghosts bump into my army from out of nowhere (ok, from a lake) in a game. What's the nation gimmick? I see only a priestess is amphibian, and I assume their priests can summon ghosts like Ermor. Are they kill on sight, do I have to worry about an unending cavalcade of ethereal chaff, or it's just a minor trick?

Follow up question, what's a good counter to ethereal beings as EA Pangea in the early game? At worst I could seduce their single commander and send a couple of water elementals after her, but it seems quite inefficient.

Also this is good.

They are like a really bad lovely version of Lemuria. Just kick them back in the sea and leave them there in their own filth. They will bankrupt and stagnate.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

They are like a really bad lovely version of Lemuria. Just kick them back in the sea and leave them there in their own filth. They will bankrupt and stagnate.

Good to know, thanks. Any advice if diplomacy fails and he starts raiding me with 50-odd spectres?

Apropos of nothing, I've been watching your Dominion videos and learning quite a bit, so thanks for that.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Fat Samurai posted:

cast swarm in seduction battles. dryad seduction is a big part of why pan is dang good. make some of those water books and lead WC stealth murder squads to counter raid

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

Good to know, thanks. Any advice if diplomacy fails and he starts raiding me with 50-odd spectres?
Beat them up, they're poo poo?

I mean your troops are really good, often have multiple attacks, and high HP and MR. The only way you lose is if you are insanely retarded and put your troops and mages the wrong way around on the front/back bit of the orders list, and even then I'd give them pretty good odds.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

as someone whos literally in mid late game as theodoros and spent 40 turns fighting pan: your solution to fighting theodoros as pan is to try . your troops are extremely far better

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Fat Samurai posted:

Apropos of nothing, I've been watching your Dominion videos and learning quite a bit, so thanks for that.

W9 WC > Everything

You just need enough of them. In corn, ramc was still throwing WC around right up until the final bell. And they were still loving up everything they ran into.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Lost 6 W9 WC on my first encounter against 40 of their ghosts and killed half a dozen. Either bad luck or not enough WC or support, I guess. Made me think the ghosts are better than they really are, it seems. :shrug:

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Lost 6 W9 WC on my first encounter against 40 of their ghosts and killed half a dozen. Either bad luck or not enough WC or support, I guess. Made me think the ghosts are better than they really are, it seems. :shrug:

yeah 6 is not enough, probably more like 15-20 would do it

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Just as an fyi to newer players, your warscore is raised by 10% from the get-go and you take less AE penalties if you have a suitable declaration, for example:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dominions 4 really needs a message-archive so you can look back at your old dumb messages from time to time. Also missing someone's message because he isn't on IRC and you staled when his message arrived is rear end and should just not be. :colbert:

• Locked thread