Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I plan to Transcend Rudy once and snag Dellons, as Rudy is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You should use the 7K/4L selectors on 4L, as they're much harder to get than 7K.

Like you should definitely get an Ace up to 32 first thing if you haven't got him already.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

You mentioned that before. D'oh.

Friggin ninjas.

Gonna grab the dragon lady since I'll have Ace from the puzzle soon.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 11, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You should use the 7K/4L selectors on 4L, as they're much harder to get than 7K.

Like you should definitely get an Ace up to 32 first thing if you haven't got him already.

Ace is cool and all, but knights are cooler than samurai, that's just a fact

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

Ace is cool and all, but knights are cooler than samurai, that's just a fact

Hey you do what you want to do. Main thing I'm pointing out is that you can get 7K from a lot of different places, but 4L are much harder to come by and Ace is a pro at basically everything (other than not dying).

On the subject, I updated my selector list to include specifically 7K and 7K/4L tickets. And of other notes, to mostly remove Giparang and Black Rose as recommendations.

What to pick with a 6* selector:

For CR:
1) Shane
2) May, unless you already have a Rachel
3) Lina, if you don't have Dellons
4) Transcend your Shane up to max and use friends or 4-5* guys to fill in for immunities and such.
--
5) Karon or Sieg if you don't have either
6) Victoria, mainly for her passive but give her extra priority if you don't have Eileen.
7) Lee Jung, Karin, Lania, Yui, Zhuge Liang for their passives
8) Maybe Alice, if you don't have Ace and have nothing else to pick.

For Raid:
1) Shane
2) Lina, if you don't have Dellons
3) Karon if you have Dellons, Sieg if you have Lina
4) Victoria if you don't have Eileen
5) Velika or Espada, for damage reduction. Esapada is better for Raid specifically, but Velika is a good pick if you need better farming heroes.
6) If you have a full up Team 1 then trancend all of them, especially Shane, Velika/Espada, Lina, Karon
--
7) Get a second Team going with all of the others above you don't have yet. You can use Jupy as a secondary strong DPS if you don't have Dellons yet.

For PvP:
1) Da Qiao. She's the only selectable character who is in the PvP meta in the slightest right now. She's very good at what she does, but you absolutely must build your team around keeping her alive and get her to 6* and geared up.
--
2) Yu Shin, if you're brand new and looking for fillers he does a hell of a good job early on. Lightning Strike is actually just genuinely extremely hosed up, but the rest of his kit is kind of weak for PvP specifically.
3) Giparang again if you are looking for decent fillers, he's an immortal and he can help carry you up for quite a while. He rapidly becomes completely useless in the current meta though.
4) Black Rose, reduces buff duration which can kill immortals or bring down passives or Rudy Defense Prep. She's pretty safe because she's immune to ailments, has void shield and is untargetable. But she gets directly replaced by a bunch of other units as you get farther on.
--
3) Don't select anyone else for Arena because high level arena is entirely dominated by 7K/Lords.

For Dailies/Tower:
1) Yu Shin for Cooldown + Pierce
2) Black Rose if you don't have anyone else to get rid of buffs, unless you already have Ace, Teo, Lu Bu, or Noho.
3) Alice for debuff removal

For Adventure Farming:
1) Yu Shin
2) Velika, if you don't have Jave

I just want to be better in general and have no idea what to pick:
1) Yu Shin is a very safe pick because he can be useful early on for basically every mode of the game. He doesn't excel at anything though and you will almost certainly replace him entirely other than for some Tower floors, but he will be very good to you in the short term.

What to pick with a 7K Selector:

For CR:
1) Dellons, for his great passive and strong DPS
-) Eileen, for her great passive, or ...
-) Rachel, who is absolutely essential for CR, but you REALLY want a durable Rachel that can help carry your team. If you pick her, you need to focus hard on getting her transcended and good gear!

For Raid:
1) Dellons
2) Eileen

For PvP:
1) Spike, absolutely no questions asked. His passive completely dominates the meta, shutting down all status ailments, debuffs, CC, you name it. Also incredibly durable due to having auto-block, and on top of that he has two of the absolute best skills in the game for PvP.
---
2) Rudy, extremely durable and can carry you against teams that don't have extreme raw damage output. Would not recommend picking him over Spike or more Spike transcendence right now if you are focusing hard on Arena, as he requires very good gear and at least one Transcendence before he really stands out.

For Dailies/Tower:
1) Dellons
---
2) Jave, very strong farming skills and durable, but needs a lot of gear to be useful.

For Adventure Farming:
1) Jave. Unaffected by ailments, fantastic AoE skills, can't be killed with decent gear.
---
2) Dellons, just loving pick him already

What to pick with a 7K/4L Selector:

For literally everything:
1) Ace, at least get him up to 32, pick nobody else before you've got this.

For CR:
1) Ace

For Raid:
-) Nothing, don't pick them for Raids.

For PvP:
1) Lin, resident queen-poo poo of Arena. Tied for fastest character in the game, skills that will just royally gently caress everything up, absurdly strong, durable, and her normal attack causes blind.
2) Teo, if he's selectable. Immortal with 5x buff reducer and 5x pierce, enough said.
3) Sun Wukong, breaks the game mechanics in silly ways, destroys void shields, can randomly just win matches by himself. Needs strong gear though.
4) Ace, not needed depending on your team makeup but if you need your team to do a lot of damage he will give you it. Needs strong HP gear desperately to not die a horrible death, best paired with Rudy!

For Dailies/Tower:
1) Ace

For Adventure Farming:
1) Ace

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 12, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Water Elemental day gives me a massive gently caress.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

3) Sun Wukong, breaks the game mechanics in silly ways, destroys void shields, can randomly just win matches by himself. Needs strong gear though.

gently caress you Sun Wukong. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou.

That is all. (thanks for putting these lists together too! These are really helpful)

Unrelated Raid Awakening question: Is there any reason why I shouldn't clear raids by throwing attempts/keys at them? That's how I've been clearing them, with about 4 keys to kill the lv7 dragon. Also when I'm doing some light grinding I'll get the DESTROYER GAZE n+1 and I just go "gently caress off I'm grinding", is there a point in that or is it the game just trying to say I should raid more?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nope you should definitely clear Awoken Raids as much as is reasonably possible, it's the only way to get Dragon Essence and thus confirmed crafts. 4 keys at that level isn't real fun I imagine, since you need 9 clears worth of essence to do one confirmed craft. That's a big reason why focusing on a raid team is important, it's how you get good gear for doing anything easier.

For regular raid, periodically while you're running Adventure mode you'll trigger a Raid to show up, that's all that popup is telling you happened. Any of your friends or guildmates can fight it, and the level of yours goes up more the more it's killed.

Awoken Raid level resets at the start of every month, regular raid resets sometimes but it's a lot less often.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh awesome, Arena is completely broken right now anyway, characters with respawn are bugged and won't overlap each other so you'll do things like wipe the enemy team and only one of them will respawn and force out all of your passives and immortals. Had to see it happen like 3 times before I realized the game was just straight up broken.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Thank you very much for the list, Gwyrgyn.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'Lina, if you don't have Dellons' but then 'You can use Jupy as a secondary strong DPS if you don't have Dellons yet' for raids?
DPS goes Dellons > Shane > Jupy, right? What has Lina to do with it?
Also, is magic support Eileen > Velika > Espada? Can't check their skills right now.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 12, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Thank you very much for the list, Gwyrgyn.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'Lina, if you don't have Dellons' but then 'You can use Jupy as a secondary strong DPS if you don't have Dellons yet' for raids?
DPS goes Dellons > Shane > Jupy, right? What has Lina to do with it?
Also, is magic support Eileen > Victoria > Espada? Can't check their skills right now.

Generally a raid lineup will look something like

Back:
Damage Dealer

Front:
Stun immunity unit
Damage Booster
Magic Damage reducer
Healer

Some units cover more than one role (karon is a healer + stun immune, lina is healer + damage booster). In this case, dellons can be used as both a damage dealer or just a damage booster depending on what you have, which is why he is listed as replacements for both lina and jupy.

As for magic support, I don't really know what you're asking because those 3 heroes do different things. Eileen is a passive damage booster, victoria is an active damage booster, and espada is a magic damage reducer.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Oh, I thought you're using them solely for the 50% magic dmg reduction passive. So I assumed Eileen fills that role also.

PS.: gently caress, I meant _Velika_ not Victoria! :downs:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Well eileen doesn't do that at all she's a straight up damage booster. Espada is better than velika I believe since her skills do more damage

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skills aside, Espada is just better than Velika now because of her block passive

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

To clarify about the damage enhancers, buffs of the same type don't stack, but different types do. Passive vs Active doesn't matter. In this case the two that stack are:
+ All Damage (Lina, Dellons)
+ Physical Damage (Eileen, Victoria)

So your goal is to have one of each on each of your raid teams eventually. Dellons + Eileen is the optimal combo for running just 1 raid team since you don't have to waste time putting up buffs, just get right down to work.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nope you should definitely clear Awoken Raids as much as is reasonably possible, it's the only way to get Dragon Essence and thus confirmed crafts. 4 keys at that level isn't real fun I imagine, since you need 9 clears worth of essence to do one confirmed craft. That's a big reason why focusing on a raid team is important, it's how you get good gear for doing anything easier.

For regular raid, periodically while you're running Adventure mode you'll trigger a Raid to show up, that's all that popup is telling you happened. Any of your friends or guildmates can fight it, and the level of yours goes up more the more it's killed.

Awoken Raid level resets at the start of every month, regular raid resets sometimes but it's a lot less often.

Gotcha, thanks. And yeah, my raid team still needs a lot of work. It's slowly coming together but I'm still missing a lot of characters or need to 6* them.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Is there any purpose to lower star versions of a hero if I already have a 6 star version? Or can they just be fodder at that point?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

You can transcend 6* heroes. They can go from level 30 all the way up to 40 in steps of two. To do that you need to either level another copy of the same hero up to 6 stars or use a 'Transcender Fina'.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

feverish and oversexed posted:

Is there any purpose to lower star versions of a hero if I already have a 6 star version? Or can they just be fodder at that point?

If you get the lower star version to 6* (no need to get them to lv30 or +5) you can use them to transcend your original 6* version for +2 levels up to lv40. This is the only way to transcend 7K/4L since the transcender feed character doesn't work on them. If your 6* character is already lv40 then yeah, they're fodder.

e:fb

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
ohhh, ok I thought you only could use the special heroes like the transcender for that. Thank you!

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

How does Awakening work?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poo poo the servers are down for Maint and I didn't get all 50 cakes.

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
For items: At six stars +5 the awakening option unlocks. You can either randomly upgrade the item, potentially changing the secondary bonus, or you can upgrade it while keeping the type of bonus intact. The cost is 300000 gold, plus awakening shards for the second option.
Hero awakening is not implemented on global yet and as far as I know it has not been announced yet, either.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah hero awakening is pretty costly on KR and it's capped by a daily dungeon, but the balance and cost of things is different on global so we'll have to wait and see what we get.

Apparently we're getting Karma with this release, on KR he's an extremely strong character across the board and can replace Dellons for some stuff:

Speed 26
Passive:
1. Void Shield from any kind of damage for 4 hits.
(His Void Shield will be deducted by the number of strikes that he received).
2. 100% block chance to himself.
3. Increase allies total damage & magical attack by 50%.

Active 1:

Target all enemies with double 80% magical damage, additionally penetrates through damage immunity & defense buff (Accumulated damage inflicted equals to 160% magical damage). 95 Sec

Active 2:
Target 4 enemies with double 70% magical damage, additionally reduces buff timer by 3 turns. (Accumulated damage inflicted equals to 140% magical damage). 115 Sec

But we'll have to see if he's even the same on Global or not. In any event, better wait and see how he is before you use any selectors.

Also getting world bosses too, not sure how those work but at least it will be something different from Destroyer Gaze to fight.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 12, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

holy poo poo the log in rewards today are nuts, a 3* element selector, two 4* element selectors, a 5* 7k selector, and a 3-6* hero ticket

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also i cleaned out some of my inactives if any new goons wanted to hit me up with a friend request

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

also i cleaned out some of my inactives if any new goons wanted to hit me up with a friend request

Your picture is really disturbing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarcusSA posted:

Your picture is really disturbing.

its thanks to the competitive league of legends thread, although this avatar is from a friend of mine and quite funny in context

oh also this game update appears to have killed all character audio for me at least, and i am no longer hearing "not everyone can tame a dragon" while farming

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Wow, now I have to make decisions because this 5* selector came at the same time as my 2nd calendar selector. I have jave, rudy, eileen, and rachel at 30. I'm probably getting a dellons, but should I get spike or start transing?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you don't have a second back line dps for raid i would start working on transcending Dellons. i actually got a Rudy because i have all of these 30% lifesteal jewels driving me bananas, but after that my next selectors are going to be transcending my Dellons too

edit: Oh you don't have Dellons at all, I'd probably get him instead of Spike or transcending the rest.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I have 2 selectors though, one of them is going to be dellons. The question was more about the second

Also the synthesizing thing looks cool. It'd be nice to be able to reroll 6* gear without playing the awakening game too

aaaa day 21 is also a 4l selector :gizz:

quote:

We are excited to give all of our users this very special opportunity to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. At a minimum, every 5 times users purchase the 3~6★ Hero Summon 10+1 ticket, they are guaranteed a 4★ Karma.
This also might be worthwhile?

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 13, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
A heads up on selecting Dellons, you get a free Karma if you spend 1250 rubies on 10+1 hero summons. I know those aren't normally a good deal but since there is alot of overlap between Karma and Dellons, 1250 rubies seems like a good deal. Of course, having both for raid teams might be beneficial anyways.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The new costumes have double the stat bonus of a normal costume.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they're also outrageously expensive, the costume pack is 1400~ rubies and 110~ topazes on "sale"

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

:siren: Karma does NOT increase Magic Damage like his KR counterpart. :siren:

He appears to be the same otherwise though. He would still be great for everything it seems, but it seems like you will need a Rin to make the most use of him in Arena.

Dellons should still be better for your primary Raid team since he has single target DPS. But you could use a Karma on your secondary team with Shane as DPS, doesn't really help much if you're also running Lina though so maybe there's a better optimization to be had there ...

Fenris13 posted:

A heads up on selecting Dellons, you get a free Karma if you spend 1250 rubies on 10+1 hero summons. I know those aren't normally a good deal but since there is alot of overlap between Karma and Dellons, 1250 rubies seems like a good deal. Of course, having both for raid teams might be beneficial anyways.

Yeah this sounds like it could definitely be worth that amount of rubies, but apparently :siren: it might not be working right at the moment :siren: so hold off on it for now.

rabidsquid posted:

its thanks to the competitive league of legends thread, although this avatar is from a friend of mine and quite funny in context

oh also this game update appears to have killed all character audio for me at least, and i am no longer hearing "not everyone can tame a dragon" while farming

They redid the voice work for the game apparently, you might have missing data or some such.

:eyepop: We got synthesis too? That's awesome, we even got the Accessory upgrade for it.

If I understand Synthesis, you can actually reroll 6* heroes for different 6* heroes for 50k gold, which gives you something else to do with trash 6* other than to use as unlockers. Alternatively, you can use 2 6* heroes to select a different 6* hero instead for 100k gold, that's very strong.

They also made more stuff count for the Puzzle, though I'm not sure exactly what those things were.

I am extremely tempted to take Spike with this 7K Selector but I'm having a pretty tough time deciding. I've got: 32 Dellons, 30 Eileen, 30 Jave. That just leaves Rachel (but she isn't really worth it until 32+ since you can lean on friend Rachel for anything she's good for), Kris is basically out of the meta at the moment so pass on him, or Rudy/Spike for Arena.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 13, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, seems like they actually changed out some of the audio if not all of it. Aragorn is definitely different, to be sure.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shoot, apparently World Bosses can be effected by debuffs? That's a huuuuuuuuuuuge bonus to Rachel's usefulness if so .... arg

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am not as impressed with Spike as other people so take this with a grain of salt, but there's basically no way I'd pick him up before Rudy, especially if you have a Jave. Rudy and Jave are great arena friends. I suppose it's possible you might become annoyed by level 30 Rins all over the place soon (or even 32) but Rudy being so sturdy and able to get rid of the three turn zombies has just been too valuable to me

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

rudy is a good person, he fights for his friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I have 0 problems with immortals in the slightest, I run Ace+DQ and they fall like paper to my team. Health isn't really that big of a problem either since anyone without void shield has over 6k health. My issue in ~90% of matches I lose is that one Eileen, Giparang, or Spike takes 80% of my team out of the fight in a single attack, and thus leaves only Jave to do anything.

There's no argument both of them are very very good, but right now with my team comp and the place I'm at in Arena it doesn't seem like Rudy is the better choice to take first.

Taking a quick poll of what the top 15 players are using (for what that's worth) came up with this:
Spike - 11
Rudy - 4

With Karma out now plus Rin I'm feeling like Rudy will fall even farther down in the end-game meta, the amount of damage teams will be doing with comps like Rin/DQ/SWK/Karma will be pretty outrageous.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 13, 2016

• Locked thread