Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zore posted:

Also a pure bug type one that shows off what it would look like without the giant-rear end mushroom.

Nincada, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mabels big day posted:

Alolan forms would be better if they had a mixture of all the early gens instead of just gen 1. Feels weird for it to be just that.

Yeah I get why they're doing it, because Gen 1 sells and who the hell cares if Noctowl is now Flying/Ghost, but it still sucks.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

they've actually been in contact with me and they're making braviary flying/fighting and giving it close combat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Yeah I get why they're doing it, because Gen 1 sells and who the hell cares if Noctowl is now Flying/Ghost, but it still sucks.

I'd care.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I can't wait for Alolan Mega Charizard X.

edit: Its type is dark/dragon.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shame about that mass pokemon extinction event that left us with 151 pokemon

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Geez. Now I'm sad that we'll never get a Mega or an Alola form for Noctowl.

Sam Faust posted:

I can't wait for Alolan Mega Charizard X.

Please. No more Charizard. I can't deal with more Charizard. :negative:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I still like charizard

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Charizard and Greninja can both go into the pit of eternally overused characters alongside Batman and Goku for a long time out.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Goku and Greninja own.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

Charizard and Greninja can both go into the pit of eternally overused characters alongside Batman and Goku for a long time out.

Greninja has a while to go before it hits that imo. And next gen it won't be everywhere so...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

"I don't like Goku and the ninja frog" - somebody expressing an opinion that I, Ruggington, personally do not agree with

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like goku but im not a Fan of the Frog. Sorry

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i like goku but im not a Fan of the Frog. Sorry

that's all going to change when corocoro leaks Goku-Greninja

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ruggington posted:

that's all going to change when corocoro leaks Goku-Greninja

It will go well with Gary-Blastoise and Mario-Blaziken

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

charizard, greninja (ash greninja too), goku, and certain batmans are good

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Charizard is okay but it's a victim of it's own popularity.

There was no reason why it needed two Mega evolutions. :argh:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
To be clear: I do not hate any of these characters. I just dislike how overused they are when there are other opportunities. Yes, Greninja might be in a bit early, but getting a special form nobody else does has me ready to make the call.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I bet that they will continue adding new regional forms for old pokemon even if Sun and Moon only do it for gen 1.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I bet that they will continue adding new regional forms for old pokemon even if Sun and Moon only do it for gen 1.

I'm glad because it's good. I just hope it doesn't completely do away with getting new evolutions of old pokemon. I liked when gen iv did that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sure that old pokemon will still get new evolutions, but I would bet that we're gonna be seeing less new pokemon and more alt forms/megas/whatever from now on

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Beedrill and Vespiquen are my friends

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm sure that old pokemon will still get new evolutions, but I would bet that we're gonna be seeing less new pokemon and more alt forms/megas/whatever from now on

That's ok as well. But I just want a Mega Farfetch'd, an Alola Farfetch'd, and an evolution of Farfetch'd. Is that so wrong?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

john gamefreak, creator of pokemon, saw your post and decided to make a baby form for farfetch'd just for you

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Alright, I'm going to bed. And when I wake up, I better see some cool Pokémon or I'll...I'll...

Probably sob and question if it was even worth it to wake up. :negative:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I guess the main reason why it's Gen 1 Pokémon that are getting Alolan forms right now is because these monsters have been around for 20 years now but weren't particularly exciting. They were just always present but were often pushed aside for more impressive ones. Nobody really looked forward to catching a Rattata (aside from Youngster Joey). Now we're getting excited over Rattata in the same way we're getting excited over Yungoos.

Maybe when Gen II's anniversary hits and the Gen VIII games are due to come out, there will be new regional variants on Gen II Pokémon that haven't received any revamp yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm super okay with this if the ratio is like a mega for every eight or ten regional variants. The latter are new pokemon in all but name, with an added spark of nostalgia, they impact the region pretty well and give it even further personality by contrasting it with other regions, they feel like a part of the game but technically don't raise the pokedex number which is a plus for gamefreak it seems.

Like, ideally for me, Gen 8 comes out with 80 new pokemon, 27 region variants and 3 megas.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PSA on page 227 everyone is expected to post as the alolan forms of themselves

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Alright, I'm going to bed. And when I wake up, I better see some cool Pokémon or I'll...I'll...

Probably sob and question if it was even worth it to wake up. :negative:

same but even if there's some cool pokemon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I don't want to wait another month for pokermons

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Super No Vacancy posted:

PSA on page 227 everyone is expected to post as the alolan forms of themselves

It's me except I am half dark type

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

john gamefreak, creator of pokemon, saw your post and decided to make a baby form for farfetch'd just for you

Yes!

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i'm a fairy but my hola form is the new fairy type: baby fairy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

regional forms are good and one step closer to those cool as hell breeding variant ideas that people make art for

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Tomorrow is actually a good day because a new character will get revealed for Pokken Tournament

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i hope it's dark pikachu

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Tomorrow is actually a good day because a new character will get revealed for Pokken Tournament

i'm excited

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it the penguin

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Information drought leads to brainstorming.

Anyone have a cool idea for Gen VIII?
Going by places Japanese tourists go most, we've basically covered them all except for China and Korea, and I think those would be somewhat problematic.

So...maybe Pokestralia? It's got a big desert, a big rock, wonderful reef, bikers...maybe they could do some regional variants with pouches.

Otherwise, there could be PokeAfrica, but I kind of feel like that wouldn't appeal to the Japanese public based on...well I guess I'll say xenophobia.

More likely I think would be South Unova. They could have a big river, dense rainforest and do a big side plot with Mew.