Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Stereotype posted:

Our intervention in Libya was GOOD. Our lack of intervention in Syria was BAD.

Careful that's heresy among ~true, enlightened progressives~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Cool, I'm sure you have some recent scholarly data backing up your point?
You really ought to stop digging this hole, man.

I'm sure in your head, you're fighting a noble battle to force the awful D&D echo chamber to acknowledge that racism recognizes no state boundary, particularly when it comes to killings by police. But in this, you have made two errors: first, the assumption that the awful D&D echo chamber does not already recognize this. Second, you're arguing semantics when people are sitting here telling you that "yeah, I feel nervous driving through a state where I see the Confederate flag on every other bumper sticker."

Lo & behold the data does in fact back up their nervousness, yet you insist the low-ish odds that random SA goon will personally be lynched puts it on the level of worrying about shark attacks. You do know they post signs on beaches if there's an elevated risk of shark attack, right? Confederate flag bumper stickers are the racial equivalent of those shark beach signs.

theflyingorc posted:

In all honesty, it sounds like the majority of the disagreement is that I'm operating under a different definition of what constitutes a lynching than others do?
Now, me? I actually sympathize with your lack of comprehension. High school debate teams ruined a generation of internet arguments. I know, because I've been there buddy. But you CAN move past it, if you're willing to try. (Although were I not so inclined, I would conclude you are indeed being a festering, syphilitic rear end in a top hat.)

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Claims to have a video of a U.S. Senate candidate saying "something" about Hillary Clinton. I'm sure that will be the turning point of this election

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Stacks posted:

No, I don't think I could vote for someone like Hillary Clinton:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/27/dem...e_republicanse/

Her lust for war is unparalleled in the Democratic Party and it's loving dispiriting that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are our choices in this election. 324 millions people in the US and that's who we have to choose from. That's the best we got :smith:

More belligerent than Trump or Cruz, huh?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

It's like every drat report out of Trump Tower syncs up perfectly with "that" scene from Downfall in my mind these days.

Mind you Gerda Christian is probably crying for a very different reason in the Trump version.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Guycot posted:

You know, speaking of O'Keefe, can I just say how ecstatic I am that his latest piece of loving garbage made up bullshit is getting absolutely no momentum?

Nothing can ever make him pay enough for destroying ACORN and almost doing the same to PP with his made up garbage, but him slipping into irrelevance anywhere beyond alex jones level poo poo is satisfying.

The only thing that will ever make me happy about O'Keefe is when his beady little rat eyes are fixed and dilated.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

davecrazy posted:

Can somebody tell me where to find the thread about US politics/presidential election? I seem to have stumbled into the dumb slap fight about racism thread by accident.

Currently the NZ Pol thread is melting down over some dude 'just asking questions' about Hillary's emails. Why? I dunno either.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Stereotype posted:

My close buddy is strongly worried about her being a warhawk too, but I just don't believe it. Our intervention in Libya was GOOD. Our lack of intervention in Syria was BAD. She isn't going to start a random gently caress off quasi-personal war like Bush did (or Trump SURELY would), and hate it as much as you want, we've spent the past five decades arming every idiot in the world with weapons that can cause enormous amounts of casualties and we just may need to step in and make sure some sociopath tyrant doesn't try to murder everyone near him.

No worries :)

I also think her time as Secretary of State should have convinced most reasonable people that she's not going to be GWB 2.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

You're entirely correct, and i should have made sure i understood terminology before i said anything.

Apologies for being an rear end in a top hat, everyone.

Why should I accept your apology when you were willing to fight tooth and nail with the black posters here until literally a white person told you that you were wrong, then that's the moment you decided maybe you should reevaluate your line of thinking?

Nah, you're a racist, and there is no forgiveness to be had.

Edit: There's no forgiveness to be had with that Trump-level apology.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SomeMathGuy posted:

It's like every drat report out of Trump Tower syncs up perfectly with "that" scene from Downfall in my mind these days.

Mind you Gerda Christian is probably crying for a very different reason in the Trump version.

When do you think we get the HIMMLER IS NEGOTIATING WITH THE ALLIES!? scene?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
John Dingell is my spirit animal.

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/786388448605241344

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

PhazonLink posted:

You know, maybe saying Donnie is Hitler is unfair.

Hitler didn't start a two(multi?) front war, civil war with this own party/org, attack the husband instead of the actually opponent , etc, etcetc, etcetc, etcetc, etcetc, etcetc, etcetc, etcetc, etc

Operation Barbarossa was exactly turning the European theater from a one front war to a two front war. And depending on your definition of civil war, there was the Night of the Long Knives. Main difference between Trump and Hitler there though is that Hitler's purge was successful.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

gfsincere posted:

Yes, the same white people they admitted hours ago that were virulently racist and sexist, black people have no reason to be fearful of whatsoever.

Are there a bunch of gimmick accounts going active for the election? I can't tell because the madness is upon us.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ the man has a family

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Themagicalgoat posted:

Are there a bunch of gimmick accounts going active for the election? I can't tell because the madness is upon us.

You can be assured that Trump isn't willing to spend money* buying forum accounts for potential gimmicks.

*his own, at least.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lozzle posted:

Careful that's heresy among ~true, enlightened progressives~.

Of all the things that people believe, "American interference in Libya's civil war was bad" is the most frustrating. We didn't DO MUCH. We basically just blew up American made supplies from afar that Gaddafi got from us in the 70s and 80s when boomers decided they loved money more than anything in the world.

It was basically the perfect intervention, and yet people keep talking about it like it was some colossal failure.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

gfsincere posted:

Why should I accept your apology when you were willing to fight tooth and nail with the black posters here until literally a white person told you that you were wrong, then that's the moment you decided maybe you should reevaluate your line of thinking?

Nah, you're a racist, and there is no forgiveness to be had.

...i have no idea what race stereotype is?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Stacks posted:

No, I don't think I could vote for someone like Hillary Clinton:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/27/dem...e_republicanse/

Her lust for war is unparalleled in the Democratic Party and it's loving dispiriting that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are our choices in this election. 324 millions people in the US and that's who we have to choose from. That's the best we got :smith:

Hillary Clinton is not a hawk unparalleled in the Democratic Party and you're a loving idiot for saying so. She is more hawkish than certain elements of the Progressive and further Left part of the Democratic Party and other leftist and Libertarian parties. In relation to the Democratic Party as a whole she is at worst average in her hawkishness.

theflyingorc posted:

You're entirely correct, and i should have made sure i understood terminology before i said anything.

Apologies for being an rear end in a top hat, everyone.

You went beyond definitional disagreement and were demanding scholarly articles about black deaths in the South after repeatedly being linked arguments about Sundown towns which showed that the people you were arguing with weren't talking about textbook, stereotypical, rope and tree lynchings.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
W/r/t O'Keefe getting probabted from twitter. How good are the non-zero chances that Reddit does some housecleaning after a certain night in Nov?

Are those POS going to copy 8chan and try their own spinoff?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This thread is uncommonly brittle for obvious reasons and thus attracts a lot of shits.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Trump doesn't seem like the sort of person you want to be subject to discovery.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sinestro posted:

You are directly demonstrating the exact point that I was making. The fact that "not agreeing with the thread" is inherently dumb racist poo poo is the problem that I was discussing,

No, dipshit, dumb racist poo poo is what is inherently dumb racist poo poo.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Rangpur posted:

But you CAN move past it and heal.

Like c'mon man

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ErIog posted:

NYT will win. Not even the US government has been able to take down the grey lady in court. NYT lawyers are probably salivating at the idea of being able to take down Trump and force him to pay exorbitant legal fees in the ensuing loss.

I think the big question is whether they will move for summary dismissal or if they will instead jump at the chance to get an under-oath deposition on Trump and his campaign staff.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
As I've talked about some before, central California is a political battleground right now, with conservative voters holding disproportionate sway over our water use and thus the environment. I've been working to support democratic candidates in those regions. I am not welcome there. My life is frequently threatened, obliquely and overtly. But instead of being able to turn to my fellow progressives, the people working on the same goals as me, part of the same teams, if I so much as betray a moment's hesitation before walking into a confederate-flag-bedecked bar to canvas the locals, all the lovely white boys chime in with WELL BUT DO YOU HAVE CITATIONS. PROVE TO ME. NOTHING YOU THINK OR FEEL IS VALID UNTIL A WHITE ACADEMIC HAS MADE IT OFFICIAL.

In twenty years they'll be running for office, bragging about their work "in the trenches" with the POC community. What heroes they all are.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

HILLARY VIOLATED POE'S LAW. Lock her up!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Teddybear posted:

Trump doesn't seem like the sort of person you want to be subject to discovery.

Pretty sure a lot of his previous suits were dropped because he refused to comply with requests for him to provide records.
His ideal justice system is one that bends over to benefit him and him only.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

PhazonLink posted:

W/r/t O'Keefe getting probabted from twitter. How good are the non-zero chances that Reddit does some housecleaning after a certain night in Nov?

Are those POS going to copy 8chan and try their own spinoff?

If they close r/the_donald Nov. 9th, I'll have to see a doctor because no penis should ever be that erect.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

...i have no idea what race stereotype is?

You sure know what race me and gfsincere are, and probably dexo, and mysteriously our opinions were all wrong until a raceless voice repeated them.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Speaking of the_donald and O'Keefe, can anyone tell my why the hell so many of the people posting there are like from all these other counties? Why are people from sweeden, poland, etc all loving following the loving trump reddit?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gfsincere posted:

If they close r/the_donald Nov. 9th, I'll have to see a doctor because no penis should ever be that erect.

C'mon, you know the aftermath would be way sweeter.

Tom Guycot posted:

Speaking of the_donald and O'Keefe, can anyone tell my why the hell so many of the people posting there are like from all these other counties? Why are people from sweeden, poland, etc all loving following the loving trump reddit?

Some people are excited at seeing a neo-nazi "strong white voice' take control over America and see it as a sign of worldwide change and some are just shitheads and trolls.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Maybe I am just a very recognizable posting superstar who commands respect for his great and good ideas and thoughts though

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tom Guycot posted:

right wing is in

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tom Guycot posted:

In some ways Donnie is the first american politician to follow the european right-wing model. Less religion, more fascism.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

As I've talked about some before, central California is a political battleground right now, with conservative voters holding disproportionate sway over our water use and thus the environment. I've been working to support democratic candidates in those regions. I am not welcome there. My life is frequently threatened, obliquely and overtly. But instead of being able to turn to my fellow progressives, the people working on the same goals as me, part of the same teams, if I so much as betray a moment's hesitation before walking into a confederate-flag-bedecked bar to canvas the locals, all the lovely white boys chime in with WELL BUT DO YOU HAVE CITATIONS. PROVE TO ME. NOTHING YOU THINK OR FEEL IS VALID UNTIL A WHITE ACADEMIC HAS MADE IT OFFICIAL.

In twenty years they'll be running for office, bragging about their work "in the trenches" with the POC community. What heroes they all are.

What makes you think those people are progressive? They don't sound progressive at all. They sound like those shrill white people from DC complaining about violence who don't give a poo poo about black people.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lamb Chowder posted:

Lol that's like three weeks old.

Why did Okeefe get suspended exactly?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

might want to make a privacy pass over this buddy.

also if you're job-seeking in michigan i can recommend some supplemental resources :buddy:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Stereotype posted:

Maybe I am just a very recognizable posting superstar who commands respect for his great and good ideas and thoughts though

You are actually pretty great. ~positivity~

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lamb Chowder posted:

TBH I kind of want to drone him as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SomeMathGuy posted:

If Trump is going full Downfall who do you think will go full Goebbels with him?

• Locked thread