Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyway sorry if that was mean but no one could play Ana for a full month without people talking poo poo to them because of players who wanted to play her like Solid Snake instead of what became probably the best healer after Lucio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

ran into a really awful dude on comp w/ ws, we kept making fun of him and he had a cartoonish nerd rage flipout, started making weird noises and poo poo. next match hes on the enemy team and we absolutely crushed it lmao

I love pwning those clowns and showing them their big number doesn't mean poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Anyway sorry if that was mean but no one could play Ana for a full month without people talking poo poo to them because of players who wanted to play her like Solid Snake instead of what became probably the best healer after Lucio.

The worst part by far about playing Ana is when your entire team is healed and some guys starts screaming at you for shooting the enemy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah even if youre a horrible shot, if you have a tank heavy team Ana is super powerful. her nade and sleepdart are ultkillers too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The nade does a shitload of damage for something with such a big radius too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

It's okay. I had no idea. I know that her rifle heals decently, but I've still not gotten used to the radius of the grenades and the tranq timing.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've only played Ana once or twice so I can't land the dart for poo poo, but it seems like a smart thing to get good at since I want to punch my loving monitor every time I get tranq'd

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Frankenhog

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I want the Junkrat and Mercy skin too. Mei should've got a yeti skin or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played with a McCree who wouldn't stop whining about how OP Genji is and I told him you can stun the deflecting genji if you throw the flashbang directly at your feet when your in front of him and he said Naaaah I'm a McCree Main dude I would know, so I went and tested it with my friend just now and got it first try. Mains are god drat Clowns.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The brawl is extremely cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I played with a McCree who wouldn't stop whining about how OP Genji is and I told him you can stun the deflecting genji if you throw the flashbang directly at your feet when your in front of him and he said Naaaah I'm a McCree Main dude I would know, so I went and tested it with my friend just now and got it first try. Mains are god drat Clowns.

I understand not wanting to switch because morons in this game always yell at people to switch and you have a better chance at winning if everyone just plays their best character, but if youre just deciding you only play one character and suck at it youre an unredeemable buffoon

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think playing a character you ain't great at that's better against the other team's things than what you were playing is more important frankly but it's more of a whether your first choice is working right now thing and people should learn to be able to tell if they're just banging their head against a wall. If it's not working then everyone should at least try giving some consideration to the team makeups and try something else for a couple deaths so you can gauge if it's gonna be any better.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some of my best games are when I play something that's way better for the team even if it's my first or second time playing the character.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell I'll be the first to tell anyone I'm sick as Tracer and P. Deece at Pharah but sometimes I switch to Reaper who I've played for like an hour and a half and pwn it up. Or going to Ana instead of Zenyatta. Or whatever.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the symmetra, pharah and mercy skins are good and having put a lot of hours in as ana you really should be healing first and barely using your scope

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Some of my best games are when I play something that's way better for the team even if it's my first or second time playing the character.

Yeah you can be pretty effective with a smart-counter pick, even if you don't know the character that well.

People can be huge dicks about team comp, but it honestly is pretty frustrating when 4 out of 6 people on the team clearly just want to play their favorite DPS and you predictably get destroyed. Flexibility is important.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ults also make people hesitant to switch, and babies will hang onto their ult the whole game waiting for that sick potg instead of just loving using it and switching to something better against the enemy.

the only exception is pharah's ult which is so bad it's a suicide button half the time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah if I have Pharah ugly I just blast it if I'm going to change since I'll die anyway and who knows, and tracer URL you can pick back up in 20 seconds so I use those like a Kyalladoody grenade anyway.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry I'm on my phone.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

using pharahs ult like

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

using pharahs ult like

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

using pharahs ult like

lol i use it as a fuckyou when im about to die, usually get a trade at least

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Have Zarya put a shield on ya.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And/or a Mercy and she can just hang out in the air with you.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Have Zarya put a shield on ya.

when you combo it with zarya's ult or rein's, it becomes godly yeah. but usually you get blown up before you can even scratch someone lol. i feel like you should be able to either move during it or it needs a big projectile speed buff

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

when you combo it with zarya's ult or rein's, it becomes godly yeah. but usually you get blown up before you can even scratch someone lol. i feel like you should be able to either move during it or it needs a big projectile speed buff
if it unloaded like 1/3 faster that would be a good tradeoff I think.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I usually use her ult to straight up nuke a tank, I figure it's a good trade and hopefully my team will be able to push forward while the enemy is vulnerable, plus they're nice big targets so you don't have to worry about the missle spread as much.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

I usually use her ult to straight up nuke a tank, I figure it's a good trade and hopefully my team will be able to push forward while the enemy is vulnerable, plus they're nice big targets so you don't have to worry about the missle spread as much.

yeah it's a tank shredder, good at busting rein's barrier too. but trying to hit small targets that are far away lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use it to kill Ana ulted people sometimes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

playing a bit today and another thing that makes pharah not so good is that explosions and AOE stuff have gigantic invisible vertical hitboxes, im guessing specifically to counter pharah. like mei's ult has a particle effect that's purely horizontal but you can be 30 feet above it and it still freezes you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

playing a bit today and another thing that makes pharah not so good is that explosions and AOE stuff have gigantic invisible vertical hitboxes, im guessing specifically to counter pharah. like mei's ult has a particle effect that's purely horizontal but you can be 30 feet above it and it still freezes you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwPQ-9wq928

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobnumerotres posted:

reaper ult is the most obnoxious about that for me, in terms of animation vs effect.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
After enjoying Ana in the brawl I decided to pick another character I haven't really played with and give them a shot. I picked Tracer and she's a lot of fun.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

reaper ult is the most obnoxious about that for me, in terms of animation vs effect.

Yeah, but obnoxiousness is sorta Overwatches wheelhouse and how it stands out from all the other hero shooters (which is Awesome).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/iateyourpie/FaithfulKoupreyDOOMGuy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A lot of ppl think SOmbras getting announced today. WEll see.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

A lot of ppl think SOmbras getting announced today. WEll see.

They were wrong.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sombra is going to hack blizzcon, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just finished my worst OW day ever. :sigh:

• Locked thread