Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Commando class hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

check out my Youtube posted:

I think I'd be more open to making it if mace was a good weapon for anyone

My warrior uses a mace 90% of the time in pvp.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

rap music posted:

classic lol

I have an MMO itch that needs a scratchin' but I heard HoT wasn't so hot.

I wonder if they'll reinstate some of your character names now that the naming policy is significantly more lenient

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Kessel posted:

I wonder if they'll reinstate some of your character names now that the naming policy is significantly more lenient

SOLD

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Sylvari don't surf!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gonna throw john lightning under the bus for these offensive and inappropriate guild team names

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

gonna throw john lightning under the bus for these offensive and inappropriate guild team names

this is how sfd ends, right here. not with a bang, but with a dreggon

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Visidan posted:

ANET were trying to kill the game then the lead dev was fired and i guess it turned out he was the actual gently caress up all along. Impossible things started happening afterwards like new content and qol changes like actually being able to name a pet
but is the game as good as bauxite's favorite mmo secret world yet?

CLAM DOWN posted:

it all comes full circle to 'oh poo poo my name' at long last

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

rap music posted:

I have an MMO itch that needs a scratchin' but I heard HoT wasn't so hot.

I have spent quite a lot of time in the following MMOs; Anarchy Online, WoW, FFXIV, Everquest2 and Rift and i recently picked up GW2 + HoT. HoT is the most fun i have ever had playing any MMOs. It was like getting that "first mmo" feeling all over again, despite having played MMOs for many years and being really jaded. GW2/HoT is great and well worth the tiny amount of money it costs.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 13, 2016

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

We are all getting Dreggon'd down

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
What can I do with the consumable Luck once I hit 300% MF?

Aug 24, 2011

nickhimself posted:

What can I do with the consumable Luck once I hit 300% MF?

nothing lol

no reason to rush in maxing it out, im like 15 from cap? wont make a difference

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

if you have spare cash bring yourself halfway, to 150. the cost starts getting absurd past that.

in any case don't bring yourself to the max. there are some forced sources of luck (login bonuses etc.) so you'll waste those by maxing out

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Well, I'm at 205% right now. I don't think I'd purposefully go past 250 since a lot of the stuff I like doing involves farming, which means a lot of salvage junk.

It kind of sucks that at 300% your options are destroy, storage, or waste it.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
When i did it there was no "cost" to it other than massive amounts of clicking. I made about 400 gold getting to 200 and stopped. I'm sure ther eare still things you can break at a profit.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
For real though the luck essence days are the worst login reward days

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

For real though the luck essence days are the worst login reward days

At least Merchant Express days give you the momentary nanosurge of hope that you might get a BL salvage kit or even a forge stone before the inevitable disappointment

e: oh hey, they're polling whether to restrict ranked queues to 1-2 players queuing together

what could go wrong

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 13, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I'd take a repair canister over luck any day, even the 800 luck day. We live in a world where Auric Basin multi maps exist so anything under several thousand luck might as well be absolutely nothing. At least the repair canisters get rid of that annoying cracked shield icon by my health.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

malhavok posted:

When i did it there was no "cost" to it other than massive amounts of clicking. I made about 400 gold getting to 200 and stopped. I'm sure ther eare still things you can break at a profit.

Yeah, I've been buying ecto, salvaging that, and using the dust to promote t5's for profit. I'm out of spirit shards again so that's really my only limiting factor at this point. It's a ton of clicking, but easy money.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

quote:

A message from the Skills Team:

Greetings, Tyrians!

We are here today to talk about some of the build-thematic changes that will be coming with the next balance iteration. Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear. We feel that giving a bit of a “heads-up” is appropriate.

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

Similarly, there will be changes in boon duration and boon application for a few professions. For the Revenant, we’ll be looking at reducing Naturalistic Resonance’s base boon duration. For Mesmer, we’re looking at making Signet of Inspiration’s boon sharing functionality a bit more controlled, giving each shared boon a fixed duration. To help compensate for these general reductions, we’ll be increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations.

As this update rolls out we will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these changes, along with the remainder of the balance updates, and will make additional adjustments and tweaks as necessary. Thanks very much for your time!

-The Skills Team

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Balance-Changes-Upcoming

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well that loving sucks for people who enjoy druid for open world stuff because you can be a bit of a healer when need be.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Well poo poo. I mean, off healer druid will be way less of an off healer, but still a decent enough buffer I suppose. Thankfully condi ranger is a thing now, so I can focus my viper build to that over druid.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Druid stuff better scale way better with healing power (like better than anything else ever has) or the reduction to base healing better be pretty small, because healing power is such a bad stat to have to trade off a real stat for.

They've already tried to move people off berserker (although since they've unfucked conditions it also includes viper) meta by making crit damage into ferocity and making it scale worse at level 80. I can't see this as being any more successful.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 13, 2016

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
It's basically a nerf to druids (in PvE, the popular PvP builds have healing power anyways) for no real reason other than they're upset people still use nothing but beserker (or viper of condi). They could've at least rolled in SOME sort of buff as consolation.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Typical Betraynet, nerfing the laughably overpowered elite spec bullshit we were complaining about at launch.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

How many classes have builds that are better off not taking their elite spec, anyway?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Druid stuff better scale way better with healing power

Based on the Ele nerfs that happened a few months ago, nope it won't.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Typical Betraynet, nerfing the laughably overpowered elite spec bullshit we were complaining about at launch.

They haven't buffed or nerfed druid healing even once since HoT launched so I'm glad the change we get after an entire year is anet saying "you're wearing the wrong gear!"

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Those balance changes are all terrible if they're not skill-splitting that between WvW and PvE.

PvE perspective, the Druid one is dumb but probably the least terrible one, the Rev and Chrono ones are horrendous. I'm okay with all of them for PvP (specifically WvW) though because everything I've heard about boonshare meta is that it's awful and WvW Druids can die in a fire.

Illuyankas posted:

How many classes have builds that are better off not taking their elite spec, anyway?

Afaik DPS Condi Ranger is the only competitive pve build that doesn't take elite spec.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 14, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's just frustrating because my original main was Ele and it got nerfed over and over because of spvp, and i didn't give a poo poo about spvp. I finally bailed on it to be a druid and now here we go again. Don't raid and wvw druids already wear healing power gear? I guess I just need to move to a class that is terrible at pvp and raids so i can do my open world stuff in peace.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
This is needed.

I have 0 healing gear on my WvW druid and well...lol.

Aug 24, 2011

it's almost as though giving large amounts of healing in a game where avoidance is king has backfired somehow

then again i play guardian in spvp so i cant talk lmao

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I'm not using healing power gear, gently caress that.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
stat sets are just a scheme to get me to Buy More Gems Dude and get more bag slots to carry around even more gear sets goddamn stop already. I already have 3 full sets on Gonk.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

But you already have full Nomad's???

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

how many sets of nomads gear does one nerd really need

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

CLAM DOWN posted:

Different runes?

Also wvw druids should go die in a fire with boonshare, but the druid changes feel like they can spilt serious business PvE and open world. Nerfing druid in open world is just loving over other players and better be accompanied with removing fully dead players from scaling.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

all of them

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I think it should be pretty uncontroversial to say that the amount of healing druids can do without any healing power, enabling them to function as raid healers in full viper/berserker gear is kind of ridiculous. I also think it's a good thing that they're trying to make healing power a less lovely stat. Then again, I already had a full ascended magi set on my druid so it doesn't really affect me much.

Magres posted:

Afaik DPS Condi Ranger is the only competitive pve build that doesn't take elite spec.
Engineer also doesn't, although it's admittedly not very popular for raids atm. Also there's a slighly suboptimal necro build that swaps reaper for blood magic for the transfusion, which can be pretty nice in bad groups for Slothasor and Matthias.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
When did Druid become an integral part of the open world meta?

Sorry guys, world boss train is dead. With the healing nerfs there's simply no way to sustain through the Fire Elemental's attacks and beat the enrage timer.

• Locked thread