Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I hope we can shove bean cakes into Synthesis. That's pretty much an extra 6* Selector each month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's a pretty good call actually. Though I personally need unlockers far more than I need transcendence levels for selectables myself right now, I need like 10 slots unlocked and I already have gear for like half of them :gonk:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Yeah, listening more closely they shelled out for real voice actors. At the very least I can identify Vic Mignogna, Todd Haberkorn and what I'm pretty sure is Crispin Freeman. Might have to leave my audio on more often.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Oh, nice! You can have multiple of the same elemental on the team. Has that always been the case?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yup. Dunno why they let you do that for them specifically, though maybe you can also do the same for crystals and cakes?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

crystals and cakes you can have multiple on your team but they have to be a different tier.

i recently decided i was going to work on all of my loving light elementals and had rabidsquid and the light elemental brigade

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Grabbed a first Rudy and Spike with the 7k selectors.

I had to buy more hero space because i have a bunch of light elements and no healers i care about ranking up :negative:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Okay but most importantly. What 6* Accessory did ya'll get? :v:

I got Block Rate. Eh, fairly useful if not exciting.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Crit Damage here. Probably gonna throw it on Shane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

20% health

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I got counter chance, not really bis for any heroes I use. Should I use it on whoever since I don't have any accessories yet, and just unequip it when I get better?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

Crit Damage here. Probably gonna throw it on Shane.

Yeah that's the perfect accessory for her, so much extra damage.

rabidsquid posted:

20% health

I really wanted one of those for Ace. Block Rate isn't that bad for him though, it'll push him up to around 60% block chance which isn't bad combined with life steal + counter chance.

Extra life on Rudy though :shepicide:

Fenris13 posted:

I got counter chance, not really bis for any heroes I use. Should I use it on whoever since I don't have any accessories yet, and just unequip it when I get better?

They aren't bad for anyone with a special property on their normal attack. The problem tends to be that guys like Dellons are pushing close to 100% counter chance just from gear+jewels already. But that can free up your Jewel slot for something else, assuming you don't have a better accessory for them already.

I kind of want to pull for that Karma, but I'm very close to getting the 5% cooldown reduction unlocked. And also, that new Eileen outfit ...

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 13, 2016

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

death debuff on normal attack; stuck it on dellons

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah, trying to decide between the 20% extra life on Ace or Rudy. Ace is going to be 34 soon and already has awakened HP armor, so he might be tanky enough. I don't use Rudy in as many modes, but 20% extra hp on him seems pretty good where applicable.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also this get Karma thing is clearly not working right at the moment

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Keeping Ace alive is kind of a chore at times so anything that helps there is pretty nice. I keep reading conflicting things about if it's better to just stack HP forever, or if you should switch to HP/Block + Block Acc/Jewel once you get sufficiently high enough HP. Different people say different things sadly.

rabidsquid posted:

also this get Karma thing is clearly not working right at the moment

Yeah I dunno what's going on with it, apparently you need 6 pulls of 10+1 to guarantee him maybe? Nobody seems to know right now.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Stick it on Rudy because loltank.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Got some questions,

For gear, what should I focus on? I have:

Dellons
Rudy
Jave
Yu shin
Velika
May

For my next character to try to get I was thinking Shane. Id like to eventually build a defensive pvp team with the lineup I have.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 13, 2016

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Also with this synthesis thing it looks like I can trade a 6* I dont need for a new random one up to 4 times? Seems like a good deal.

Edit: just traded my rei for a may with synthesis!

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 13, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

good trade, may is very cool and a good cat person

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Not sure which 7K to pick with the 5* Selector.

I have Spike 4* as my only 7K so far.

I read the big informatice nice post on the previous page and
I am not sure what type of content i should aim to become better at. I am unable to do the hard daily dungeon for 4* elements, so aiming to be able to complete that would mean i could get 5x 4* to 6* every 3 weeks (1 of each element)
Or is it better to get higher in CR and get elements that way? Right now i get 3 CR tokens per day, after getting about 45k CR points. Will getting higher CR points individually get me more CR tokens or is the amount of tokens based on how far the guild as a whole gets?
It seems picking Eileen is the best choice for all gamemodes, except for the daily dungeon...

TLDR; Should i pick Eileen to do better at almost everything or pick one of the 7K's that are good at the daily dungeon?

(I could also use my 1250 rubies to go for a Karma)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

If you don't have any 7K apart from Spike, you can pretty much pick the one you think looks coolest. They all have a use somewhere, and are useful in all modes! Some are just more useful than others at specific tasks. Like, Rudy isn't the BEST at Castle Rush, but will still help. Kris isn't the best at Special Dungeons, but still pulls his weight!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Rudy is hilarious in Arena when he clutches a 1v4 because he has that much health.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Not sure which 7K to pick with the 5* Selector.

I have Spike 4* as my only 7K so far.

I read the big informatice nice post on the previous page and
It seems picking Eileen is the best choice for all gamemodes, except for the daily dungeon...

TLDR; Should i pick Eileen to do better at almost everything or pick one of the 7K's that are good at the daily dungeon?

Eileen is good for the daily dungeon, she increases your damage output significantly which is very useful.

Dellons is one of the safest choices because he's good for Raid, CR, farming, Hard dailies, and he can even work okay for PvP. But you can also replace him with 6* Lina, who brings considerably more survivability at the cost of having to pop an active for the damage booster. And you can also replace him with Karma now, see below. What he has over either of those two is raw single target DPS, as he can replace Shane at high enough levels, and also raw speed (31 base speed is the second highest in the game).

Eileen is pretty similarly useful but since she only enhances Physical damage that limits your options on team building a lot more. Victoria also works reasonably well as a replacement because she also enhances Magic damage (thus healing power in Raid) again at the cost of having to use an active skill for it. You need her for Eileen CR anyway for the elec resist. Her CC is fairly helpful since the 1-target is guaranteed to elec, but unfortunately a lot of the enemies in PvE content are just immune to CC (especially stun types) so that limits where it's useful pretty bad. The other extra benefit of her is that you really don't need her above Lv30 to do what she needs to.

Rudy is actually pretty solid for Rudy day CR :v: He's fairly useful for everything early on, but he's best as a PvP hero at the moment.

Rachel also is very good but as per the list, you have to invest in her pretty heavily before it's worth using your own over a friend's. For CR specifically, it's better to have your own Rachel and bring a friend Eileen than the other way around. She's also crazy useful for Tower (but again you can lean on friend's there if you need to) and Daily dungeons. Her Phoenix skill is insanely good on anything that it can effect.

quote:

(I could also use my 1250 rubies to go for a Karma)

It's definitely an option, he can fill the same role as Dellons for All Damage boosting, though Dellons is still better for CR/Raid for this purpose due to having single target DPS (Karma also doesn't get the damage bonus from Eileen since he's Magic type). That also gets you a crapload of extra fodder and possibly something decent from the whole thing anyway. As per Netmarble, you have to actually pull 50 heroes (not including the +1 freebie from the 10+1) and then pull once more to get him. http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=sevenknights&bbsId=207&id=559328

Karma is also much better than Dellons if you're building towards an Arena team as well. Honestly the only downside to pulling for him is you gotta farm all those Rubies, which deprives you of getting more Masteries or other things Rubies are useful for.
On the other hand, you can grind out 200 Rubies every day if you try hard enough :v:

quote:

I am not sure what type of content i should aim to become better at. I am unable to do the hard daily dungeon for 4* elements, so aiming to be able to complete that would mean i could get 5x 4* to 6* every 3 weeks (1 of each element)
Or is it better to get higher in CR and get elements that way? Right now i get 3 CR tokens per day, after getting about 45k CR points. Will getting higher CR points individually get me more CR tokens or is the amount of tokens based on how far the guild as a whole gets?

Dailies are the best source of Elementals, it gets you 1 4* elemental of each type every week. CR gives you points based on your personal score (plus guild upgrade bonuses) from your first run only. Even once you're at the point where I am (doing Hard mode and getting over a million points) you're still only getting 5 CR points a day, which means it takes 10 days to get a single 4* elemental.

Pawn 17 posted:

Got some questions,

For gear, what should I focus on? I have:

Dellons
Rudy
Jave
Yu shin
Velika
May

For my next character to try to get I was thinking Shane. Id like to eventually build a defensive pvp team with the lineup I have.

Unless your Dellons is like level 36 and fully geared then you should probably beeline for a maxed out Shane ASAP. May isn't worth dumping a lot onto because she's just a hold-over for CR until your team is naturally beefy enough to survive without her, but putting some HP gear on her short team isn't a bad idea.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 13, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How long does the Karma event last? I want him!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Agoat posted:

How long does the Karma event last? I want him!

10/13 Update ~ 10/31 23:59 (UTC)

Check the news page either in game or on the website for event details: http://www.mobirum.com/article/list?bbsId=210&cafeId=sevenknights

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK yeah I'm gonna spend the 1250 to get that Karma dude. I've stock piled a bunch of currency and I figure he'd be worth it in the long run.

Edit: May is good right?

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 13, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

May is only particularly good for carrying you in CR until your team is durable enough to not need her. The main thing is that since the knights in CR are vulnerable to debuffs, you can fill your entire team with people that increase your damage output, and you want to do so to maximize the score you can earn in the first ~5 turns of the fight.

Like, her skills and passives are very good in theory, but there just isn't really any place where she's actually needed.

She's a good choice for early 6* selector obviously, but when you're starting to roll with teams with 6k+ HP and level 40 Shane you don't really need her anymore.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

May is only particularly good for carrying you in CR until your team is durable enough to not need her. The main thing is that since the knights in CR are vulnerable to debuffs, you can fill your entire team with people that increase your damage output, and you want to do so to maximize the score you can earn in the first ~5 turns of the fight.

Like, her skills and passives are very good in theory, but there just isn't really any place where she's actually needed.

She's a good choice for early 6* selector obviously, but when you're starting to roll with teams with 6k+ HP and level 40 Shane you don't really need her anymore.

Hmmm ok Good info thanks!

I only asked because I pulled her on one of my 10+1s

I also got a 5* Giparang which I think he's pretty decent.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

10/13 Update ~ 10/31 23:59 (UTC)

Check the news page either in game or on the website for event details: http://www.mobirum.com/article/list?bbsId=210&cafeId=sevenknights

Totally gonna get him! I shouldn't have gotten those limited costumes but I'm a sucker for limited edition anything :(

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Hmmm ok Good info thanks!

I only asked because I pulled her on one of my 10+1s

I also got a 5* Giparang which I think he's pretty decent.

May might wrap back around to being really good again if we end up with a CR Hard mode, which I think might be a thing eventually? So definitely don't toss her.

Giparang is basically right below the top tier in PvP meta, he's very solid considering he's a normal hero. The problem is the meta right now heavily revolves around heroes designed to kill Immortals and make you immune to ailments, which shuts him down pretty hard. In particular, DQ has her guaranteed immortal killer and also makes you immune to the damage of his stun attack, so DQ + Spike makes him virtually worthless. Also the other problem is that Teo is much much better as an Immortal, and Spike is much better for CC.

Agoat posted:

Totally gonna get him! I shouldn't have gotten those limited costumes but I'm a sucker for limited edition anything :(

Most of those costumes are pretty awesome so I don't blame you. I'm probably going to grind hard and at least buy Eileen's since I hate her default look.

The biggest issue I have with getting that Karma is a complete lack of box space :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The biggest issue I have with getting that Karma is a complete lack of box space :v:

Yeah this. I have 129 slots and I'm always full up. Also they really punish you for upgrading your box.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I bought up to 144 slots but the price ramps up real fast. Once I get all the masteries unlocked that's where most of my rubies are going for a while.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Are Zhuge Liang, Bi Dam and Ariel any good?

They're the 6* heroes I have who aren't on any of my teams right now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh snap! I just fused a lu-bu from a random 3* combine.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Senerio posted:

Are Zhuge Liang, Bi Dam and Ariel any good?

They're the 6* heroes I have who aren't on any of my teams right now.

Zhuge is for Rachel CR day, his actives are actually pretty decent too .

Bi Dam is an old Arena hero, he's the fastest character in the game and makes your whole team faster. He's kind of outdated at this point though.

Ariel is junk right now but has a decent Awoken form later IIRC.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Zhuge is for Rachel CR day, his actives are actually pretty decent too .

Bi Dam is an old Arena hero, he's the fastest character in the game and makes your whole team faster. He's kind of outdated at this point though.

Ariel is junk right now but has a decent Awoken form later IIRC.

Cool. Is there any hero in particular I should Synthesize out of Ariel and Bi Dam, then? If not I'm just gonna unlock slots on other people.

My Current active 6*s are Black Rose (Transcended, Unlocked), Ruri (Transcended, Unlocked x2), Shane, Karin, Espada, Asura, Soi, Spike, Rachel, and Karon, with Ace joining up tomorrow when I get the ***** Dark element.

Plan is to use transcenders on Shane as I get them.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
If you haven't used up your 6* hero ticket synths for the month, I would do that first. It's just gold to reroll them. You probably want to 30 them first for rubies

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I personally hold on to at least 1 6* version of every hero just because you never know when characters are getting buffs or when we'll eventually get Awoken forms. Up to you though.

Sounds like you've got your basics covered, you should check the selector guide I posted for some ideas on who else you need. You probably want a Victoria first for the extra damage for Raid and CR, plus for the elec resistance. And then probably the rest of your CR utility (Yui, Lania, maybe Lee Jung).

It sounds like Synthing doesn't count for the Puzzle, which is unsurprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

gwrtheyrn posted:

If you haven't used up your 6* hero ticket synths for the month, I would do that first. It's just gold to reroll them. You probably want to 30 them first for rubies

I did that already actually. Bi Dam was the last one to come out of it. Daisy->Karon (again)->Evan->Bi Dam

• Locked thread