Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ciaphas posted:

Dread Abuela's actual Presidency is going to be so loving banal after all this

Not that a presidential cycle should be about entertainment of course but you know what I mean

Oh no, the country is actually moving in a direction because we don't have to play chicken with the federal budget like clockwork every 6 months or watch a melted man read a Dr Seuss book and miss the moral of the story. How boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

Difference to me seems Broadrick is being used as a political prop, and does have some agency in that, but Conway is providing professional representation and a more sinister participant.

She, as a fully grown adult woman, has all the agency and mental capacity to not stand on a stage with a man who has admitted to sexual assault. It comes off as hypocrisy at best to accuse one man of rape while standing next to one who openly admitted it.

Endorph posted:

sometimes people are vile morons. sometimes those vile morons have been raped. the two aren't mutually exclusive. plenty of people are stupid hypocrites. sometimes those stupid hypocrites have been raped. the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I can agree to that. But considering that her story was a he said she said that even Ken "Taking down the Clintons is my life dream" Starr wouldn't touch, its always gonna fall into that "sideeye but I'm open to any evidence you have" territory.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Quinton posted:

Where does he find these amazingly vile "surrogates" to go spew this poo poo?

And wow do they get offended when someone calls them on their bullshit:
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/786417127393595392

Wow the blonde guy's mask broke.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

im actually in love with katrina pierson the aviation defense is legendary

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I kind of hate you. Like I really really hate you and your smug as poo poo, "enlightened", pseudo-intellectual apathy. I'm a disabled white man in NC who spends hundreds of hours a year volunteering for the rights of people with I/DD, mental illness, and substance use disorders. While I don't have any MH issues other than run of the mill depression and anxiety or substance abuse, I'm in a wheelchair and I deal with not agonizing but unrelenting physical pain basically 24/7. I go up and down the road, even sometimes across the country, trying to educate people and make a difference, especially with regards to Medicaid, disability, would-be taxpayers with disabilities, and the cycle of institutionalized forced poverty and professional volunteerism for people with disabilities who otherwise have the qualifications and desire to make money and pay taxes just like anyone else. I testified in front of a Medicaid Reform Legislative Advisory Panel practically BEGGING them to not privatize Medicaid. They're probably still gonna do it and even if they don't I'm heavily involved in the public service delivery system and I see it becoming more and more corporate. I see people being so full of poo poo who I know have more power than I probably ever will. I'm stuck in a (currently, it's not irrevocable like Oklahoma or something) red state where I see people getting hosed beyond belief by the people THEY PUT IN OFFICE and try to educate them but they're still Trumpers no matter how much I try to reach them. I have spent hours upon hours over years trying,, probably in vain, to make some modicum of a difference for me, for people stigmatized by mental illness and addiction, for people with disabilities who have to fear being shoved in a nursing home in their 20's and 30's because the government doesn't want to bother dealing with other solutions even though it's more ethical AND saves money. Guess what? I'm probably never going to make a difference here. I'm probably going to eventually GTFO and move somewhere more progressive, but dammit, at least I'm trying. The one thing I want to be remembered for when I die more than anything else is that I tried to make the world a better place even on some small level. And this is just the stuff I directly live, let alone the horrors I'm aware of that I'm blessed enough to not have lived experience in but still find myself sickened by and wishing I could change.

So from someone who probably has more justification than you to say gently caress it and stop caring, get over yourself and kiss my rear end. I apologize for the meltdown, thread, but that really touched a nerve. Carry on.

I'm gonna say nice meltdown, but I mean the nice unironically.

This was a good post.

straight up brolic posted:

im actually in love with katrina pierson the aviation defense is legendary

Sorry bro, that's my future ex-wife that's gonna corncob me in court in 7 years, so back off.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

According to her podcast she reads spy novels. I'm pleasantly surprised to know spy novels are still fun to read even when you get actual CIA briefings.

Spy's in spy novels are usually competent though which after reading CIA briefings would be a refreshing change.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 13, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

2spooky4me posted:

Guys I'm willing to start entertaining the possibility that Trump is purposely destroying the Republican Party from within.

Jesse "The Body" Ventura floated that exact idea based on his experiences with Trump in the Reform Party in 2000.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tom Guycot posted:

BREAKING NEWS!

Video has come out of Trump killing vince foster. We'll have more as this develops.

I thought it was known he was behind the attack on Mcmahon?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

2spooky4me posted:

I... What? Why?

WHAT DID HE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?!

I'm flummoxed.
It was mentioned somewhere in a previous USPol thread that Trump forbade his campaign from doing oppo research on him. I had completely forgotten about it until now.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

2spooky4me posted:

No. No loving way. I refuse to believe this.

The post-mortem on his campaign is going to be surreal. These are like some amateur mistakes that you make when you're running Bobby Joe the used car salesman for city council not President of the United States.

They're the dog that caught the car :psyduck:

Jesus Christ I parsed that as "Bobby Jindal." He was... that was this year... it feels like it's been decades...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

2spooky4me posted:

Guys I'm willing to start entertaining the possibility that Trump is purposely destroying the Republican Party from within.
OK, so in the "plant" analogy, it's Trump who is Audrey II.

This checks out pretty well.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Crowsbeak posted:

I thought it was known he was behind the attack on Mcmahon?

Trump's punches couldn't bruise a man, fake or real. They're so hilariously awful.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

funkymonks posted:

Every election someone says this and I mentally agree and then never read anything about it. Can someone point me to some good campaign post mortem books for Obama(either 2008 or 2012), McCain, and Romney?

Game Change is a good one for 2008 (bonus because it was made into a movie where Julianne Moore makes Sarah Palin relatable and sympathetic to an extent) and for 2012 the RNC published after-action report that's chock-full of good advice on how to win national elections (that was promptly ignored this cycle :allears:).

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Night10194 posted:

Remember when the taxes were the october surprise. Then the tapes. And it couldn't get worse?

On November 7th, Trump's true form will be revealed as nothing more than a seething mass of rape and xenophobia wearing a badly-tinted human skin suit.

funkymonks posted:

Every election someone says this and I mentally agree and then never read anything about it. Can someone point me to some good campaign post mortem books for Obama(either 2008 or 2012), McCain, and Romney?

I distinctly remember in 2008 that there were supposedly film crews following both campaigns around (or all three at one point, McCain, Clinton, and Obama) for the purpose of making documentaries about them. And I've never seen anything that came of that. :(

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

Jesse "The Body" Ventura floated that exact idea based on his experiences with Trump in the Reform Party in 2000.

The one Conspiracy Theory he didn't have on that silly rear end show of his.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

2spooky4me posted:

I... What? Why?

WHAT DID HE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?!

I'm flummoxed.

He's literally mentally ill. There's something a recapper on Television Without Pity wrote, in an article about The Apprentice, appropriately, about a narcissistic contestant who sorted everything people said and did into whether it felt good or bad to her. Things that made her feel bad were lies said by bad people, no matter what. Things that made her feel bad got her so upset her ears closed up and she didn't even hear what the person was actually saying, she just dwelled on how bad it was until the talking stopped.

That's where Trump's bubble comes from. He doesn't have any rational, objective thoughts at all. Even normal rear end in a top hat rear end-covering stuff like "people will attack me" is impossible for his brain to process, because it makes him feel bad.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

World War Mammories posted:

Jesus Christ I parsed that as "Bobby Jindal." He was... that was this year... it feels like it's been decades...

I remember, a year ago during our big family reunion in August, telling my dad 'If the Mexicans are rapists thing doesn't sink him and the Megyn Kelly Blood Out of Her Wherever doesn't get him, Trump is the GOP nominee' and him laughing at me. That feels like an entire other lifetime.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

World War Mammories posted:

Trump's campaign is causing time dilation. November 8th is going to last 1000 years.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

CascadeBeta posted:

Trump's punches couldn't bruise a man, fake or real. They're so hilariously awful.

I meant the limo explosion.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

SunAndSpring posted:

Meanwhile, on /pol/, things are alternating between "OMG IF HILLARY WINS NUCLEAR WAR WITH RUSSIANS!!!!" and "Guys, relax, Assange will release the e-mails. Right?" I'm laughing so hard right now.

i like the idea that a presidential campaign is as dumb as the idiots committing crimes on their brand new video camera

"lol hey hrc check out this video we took last night while high as poo poo" attached: felony_crimes.avi

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

JohnCompany posted:

Has gone from "special prosecutor" to "will throw her in jail"

You think Donnie knows the difference between jail and prison?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Wingnut Ninja posted:

On November 7th, Trump's true form will be revealed as nothing more than a seething mass of rape and xenophobia wearing a badly-tinted human skin suit.

He'll still get 30% of the vote.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
HEY GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THE WORST THING TRUMP SAID WAS MEXICANS WERE RAPISTS AND MEGAN KELLY HAS BLOOD COMING OUT OF HER WHATEVER AND WE ALL LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND THOUGHT HE WAS A JOKE CANDIDATE?

REMEMBER?

GUYS?

guys???

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Night10194 posted:

I remember, a year ago during our big family reunion in August, telling my dad 'If the Mexicans are rapists thing doesn't sink him and the Megyn Kelly Blood Out of Her Wherever doesn't get him, Trump is the GOP nominee' and him laughing at me. That feels like an entire other lifetime.

People in yospics have reposted the clip from Charlie Brooker's 2015 Screenwipe, and it's 100% uncanny.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

Trump's campaign is causing time dilation. November 8th is going to last 1000 years.

I'm taking election day off from work so woohoo, endless weekend!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Instant Sunrise posted:

Excuse me he's Jesse "The Mind" Ventura now. Also he wants to tell you about HAARP.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

2spooky4me posted:

Eh , they spent fifty years setting themselves up for this.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Skinty McEdger posted:

How much of his team from then is still there now? Because like that is the biggest warning sign imaginable that you do not want anything to do with this campaign.

Hence why he has nobody competent running his campaign. They're all toadies or right wing media people or white supremacists. It's an entire campaign fueled by graft and nepotism. Of course they're not "the best of the best."

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gfsincere posted:

HEY GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THE WORST THING TRUMP SAID WAS MEXICANS WERE RAPISTS AND MEGAN KELLY HAS BLOOD COMING OUT OF HER WHATEVER AND WE ALL LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND THOUGHT HE WAS A JOKE CANDIDATE?

REMEMBER?

GUYS?

guys???

poo poo I just realized he probably said "whatever" because he couldn't think of what it was called besides pussy.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
And here we go:

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/786421922821185536

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SomeMathGuy posted:

You know what else was supposed to last a thousand years...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gfsincere posted:

REMEMBER?

GUYS?

guys???

I remember when I thought his comment about going after the families of terrorists would sink him. Basically, I remember being a dumb stupid rear end in a top hat.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SunAndSpring posted:

Meanwhile, on /pol/, things are alternating between "OMG IF HILLARY WINS NUCLEAR WAR WITH RUSSIANS!!!!" and "Guys, relax, Assange will release the e-mails. Right?" I'm laughing so hard right now.

This is like watching desperate drowning people, trying to cling to any flotsam within reach, trying to not believe their grip is failing and they're going to sink into inky blackness.

...Except the boat that sunk was the annual KKK ragatta and you are eating popcorn watching them drown.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

2spooky4me posted:

Excuse me he's Jesse "The Mind" Ventura now. Also he wants to tell you about HAARP.

Look, anything is possible at this point.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Eh, they spent fifty years setting themselves up for this.

And honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better show.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:welp:

(e)

Oxxidation posted:

I'm taking election day off from work so woohoo, endless weekend!

Online games would probably be no fun with pings measured in hours :(

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Well now, that doesn't sound like immediate lawsuit. weak.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ErIog posted:

Hence why he has nobody competent running his campaign. They're all toadies or right wing media people or white supremacists. It's an entire campaign fueled by graft and nepotism. Of course they're not "the best of the best."
It would appear that some are rapists, some are murderers, some are criminals, and some, I assume (perhaps the caterers?) are good people.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

2spooky4me posted:

He really is making America great again. Maybe he has cancer and this is some last attempt chance to balance his karma out.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

looks like leonard t. crabs is needed once again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

my uncle works at wikileaks and he showed me the hillary emails they are so incriminating all of you libtards are so screwed this november *stuffs mouth with cheetos*

• Locked thread