Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scent of Worf posted:

1k posts were made since 6pm when I last looked in here.

Did something happen?

Many more women Trump has molested/harassed came forward, including a Miss Teen USA he was blatantly racist to. NYT ran a big article about it, and now he's suing them for libel. Then a racist jackass came in here and me and the other three black posters yelled at him to the echoes of "lol nice meltdown" from white america, and then the postmortem took a while, but now we're back to talking about Dread Abuela and Trump's brain disease

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I honestly haven't been able to get much done the last two weeks because it is so difficult to pull myself away from this election. We haven't hit the bottom yet. We're nowhere near it. It's amazing.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

We're rapidly approaching the point where we find out if America can suffer scandal exhaustion.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gyges posted:

Standar IANAL disclaimer.

Is this a for real legal document? It seems like something written by someone two degrees from becoming a Sovereign Citizen and in possession of a dictionary and a fuzzy idea of what they think lawyers sound like rather than an actual document a real lawyer would send another real lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=src30HcFvdw A reminder, for the second time today: This is Trump's lawyer.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Night10194 posted:

What the gently caress else could they even be!?

The Trump founding ISIS theory gaining ground?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I honestly think that Trump may get dropped from the WWE Hall of Fame at this point.

Vince McMahon does what makes him money, and having to answer why Trump is given the same honor as legend s like Paul Bearer and Bret Hart might be too much
im sure nobody even remembers he's in the wwe hall of fame

he'll probably get quietly removed from the website tho

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I honestly think that Trump may get dropped from the WWE Hall of Fame at this point.

Vince McMahon does what makes him money, and having to answer why Trump is given the same honor as legend s like Paul Bearer and Bret Hart might be too much

He will probably wait til at least after the election.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

I hope he does it and makes a big show of it to get Trump to turn on Vince, and if there's ANYONE who holds a goddamn grudge/will gently caress you up royally, it's Vincent J. McMahon.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It's a logical theory except for the part where what's really been destroying the GOP lately is Trump's lifetime of godawfulness. That's a pretty long time for a sleeper campaign, to start groping teenagers decades beforehand.

We're very lucky as a nation that the white supremacist fascist presidential candidate has a history of sexually assaulting white women and not paying taxes. If neither of those things were true then it would just be business as usual for the GOP.

This easily could have gone the other way and been quite a lot worse if Trump were just a little less of a shitlord and a little bit better at actual politics.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 13, 2016

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Is "corncob" a word filter or am I just not up to date on how kids talk these days?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

trash person posted:

We know why Trump is doing what he's doing but I just can't believe it.

Like, I don't understand how him, nor anyone around him, is completely incapable of looking one step further. Trump must remember all these perverted/sexual assault things he did. He must remember, right? Did he honestly think he would be able to parade out Bill's alleged victims, claim he's never forced himself on a woman, and not have his past stories come out?

Does he think he's still a reality TV show host? I could see how he could get away with this kind of poo poo before; threatening/suing people to cover poo poo up.

I think he still doesn't realize he's in a whole different ballgame now, where being a belligerent rear end in a top hat does not work. Pissing off the press right now is gonna make them rain down harder than he ever knew they could.

Couple pages back, but this isn't surprising. Trump is a man with a severe case of narcissistic personality disorder who has spent his entire life insulated from every wrongdoing by his father's money. He has never faced any consequences for his actions. On the contrary, he's actually celebrated for being entertainingly "outrageous" when he does something that, for any person of lesser influence, would be utterly unacceptable. He cannot process the idea that he could really fail or that he could face any lasting negative impacts for all his actions. As far as he thinks, the world exists to please him. His rages come when it fails to do so. When it seems his inflated self-image is in danger, he always goes back to the comforting womb of yes-men he has built for himself.

This pattern continued for decades on end until he grew so bold that he thought he could become President: the position that was rightful for a winner like him. It never worked out until the stars aligned last year and the GOP base was perfectly primed for him. He courted the worst of this and many other countries by spewing the worst, most vile venom he has and was cheered for all of it. Finally, the world saw him for the glorious god-man he was. It was the greatest high of his life. Sure, many mocked and hated him, but those are all just losers, he told himself. The cheering crowds eager to hang on his every word and bow to his every whim are the true America, he thought. All he had to do was attack that weak woman on the other side and the recognition of the world would finally be his.

Then, within the last month, something changed. Suddenly people kept saying mean things about him and bringing up his past. They claimed that he actually had to apologize?! That horrible woman managed to brainwash those crowds at the debates into not hanging on his words and that worthless moderator didn't even beat her for it?! Worse, all those GOP politicians, his rightful vassals, dared to betray him? ! What gall!!! Don't they see his magnificence?! Well, he'll get them. He'll get them all. He was obviously just playing too nice all this time. If they don't bow before him and give Lord Trump the respect he deserves, he'll just crush them all with his brilliant might. It's got to work!

So no, Trump does not understand that he's making so many mistakes. He's an overgrown child and more or less an attention addict. He can't comprehend that he's failing so badly. He lives only in Trumpland and likes it that way.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

e posted

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

*kisses fingers* molto bene!

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/786423522167971840

Trump campaign giving up on Virginia.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Instant Sunrise posted:

i wasn't joking about the jesse ventura thing

tl;dr: he thinks that trump is still mad at the republican party for having pat buchanan and his people suddenly show up and hijack the reform party out from under him in 2000, so he's deliberately trying to destroy the republican party from the inside out as a form of revenge.

This almost seems plausible.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

woke wedding drone posted:

What's next, literal video from a women's bathroom of him getting kneed in the crotch and groaning on the floor?

That one is being submitted to America's Funniest Home Videos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What the gently caress else could Trump have done? Dog fighting?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Tom Guycot posted:

This is like watching desperate drowning people, trying to cling to any flotsam within reach, trying to not believe their grip is failing and they're going to sink into inky blackness.

...Except the boat that sunk was the annual KKK ragatta and you are eating popcorn watching them drown.

Do you think anyone has told them that early voting / absentee voting, which is 32% of all votes, has started in the key states of North Carolina, Iowa, and (today) Ohio, among others?

Kinda blunts the impact of the news if as much as 1/3 of the people have already voted.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Instant Sunrise posted:

i wasn't joking about the jesse ventura thing

tl;dr: he thinks that trump is still mad at the republican party for having pat buchanan and his people suddenly show up and hijack the reform party out from under him in 2000, so he's deliberately trying to destroy the republican party from the inside out as a form of revenge.

Ventura is also a crazy man who beleives Churchill, Truman, Stalin, and Chang-Kai Shek (lol wat :mao: ) made a deal at the end of WW2 that all wars will be fought in the third world and in such a way there will be no clear winners. All because the "elite" felt vulnerable cause nukes meant they could be touched, or something.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Is "corncob" a word filter or am I just not up to date on how kids talk these days?

Check the OP. It's a reference.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They have a literal pimp who was complicit in countless alleged rapes who they still revere in the hall of fame.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I knew there would be more, I knew it would be worse, and yet I can't quite imagine how.

I'm excited and terrified of what comes next.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tom Guycot posted:

I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't get this after Hillary is out of office, enjoying her retirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU

She's done it before.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ErIog posted:

I think their campaign staffer bench is probably fine. Lots of people had opportunities to work in their clown car primary. People who did those jobs for the Bush, Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich campaigns will probably be able to hitch themselves to proper candidates again next cycle.

But the 2020 election cycle doesn't start for weeks!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gfsincere posted:

That's if there is one left, considering if they truly go scorched earth, it opens it up in the next 18 months for a halfway competent left leaning dem to reasonably run in places that they couldn't before on the platform of "I didn't support the orange golem in a barely passable human skin suit".

Nope, different Iron Man.

I have TENS! TENS I tell you!

I don't personally think trying to tie people to Trump is going to be as effective of a strategy in a year or two. A lot of people will throw this election down the memory hole. I wish to be proven wrong tho.

It isn't, your old one was better. But it's still an Iron Man, which I associate with you in this thread.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
In general, the hand-wringing about "Hillary will start a war with Russia!" seems overblown to me. How important is Syria to Russia that they'd risk war over it, anyways?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Dogwood Fleet posted:

for corncob and arzy see first post

USA #1

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

FuzzySlippers posted:

Trump projects so painfully direct. Someone needs to look through all Trump's insults to figure out what the next scandal will be.

From a while back, but I think it's "loser"

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Night10194 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=src30HcFvdw A reminder, for the second time today: This is Trump's lawyer.

The guy that laughs in the background when she says "most of them, all of them?" gets me every drat time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scent of Worf posted:

1k posts were made since 6pm when I last looked in here.

Did something happen?

Many (a number that is steadily increasing right now) women have come forward with direct allegations and detailed recounts of Donald Trump sexually assaulting them.
AJ Delgado straight up called them liars
Bullet Farmer lady called them liars and claimed a bunch of planes didn't fly into NYC when in fact they all did according to some NYC aviation twitter account
Trump threatening to sue the New York loving Times.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dogwood Fleet posted:

It's in the OP. :v:

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Night10194 posted:

What the gently caress else could they even be!?

Last time someone posted hype like that it was nothing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'victory staff'

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Please read the OP. I spend a lot of time on it each month!

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Gyges posted:

Standar IANAL disclaimer.

Is this a for real legal document? It seems like something written by someone two degrees from becoming a Sovereign Citizen and in possession of a dictionary and a fuzzy idea of what they think lawyers sound like rather than an actual document a real lawyer would send another real lawyer.

It's a (lovely) demand letter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah, this is one weak-rear end accusation.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Drunk Theory posted:

Check the OP. It's a reference.

Ah, I missed it when I was looking at the Advent Calendar.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Ahahah

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/786425330630361088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/786425330630361088
NYT is not giving a gently caress.

• Locked thread