Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MORE MEDIA COLLUSION TONIGHT ON SPECIAL REPORT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PhazonLink posted:

Even though, that's probably Guinness , what do you think Clinton's favorite style of beer is?

She strikes me as fond of a nice mild but flavorful red. Nothing too exciting, but tasty.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:getin::getin::getin::getin::getin:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I would have voted for Kasich maybe.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

greatn posted:

I think a major problem is a lot of districts that could theoretically flip with a ten point win don't actually have a democratic nominee.

Exactly. Any other election year and not even bothering with deep red districts is just a smart allocation of resources. This time, they're getting shafted because they had a shot to flip if they'd put somebody decent up.

I'm just glad Solen has a shot in hell of dethroning Paul Ryan.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

gfsincere posted:

Considering none of us took him seriously AND they probably have just as abhorrent views on women, they may have dug up some of the oppo as was like "eh, no one is gonna care about this" because they didn't. I can't fault them for taking him as a joke until it was too late and no one was laughing.

This is the key point, they're not just as bad as him though, he's actually worse but thats a good thing for the primary crowd. They couldn't match his public awfulness and they fell. He said in the primary women should be punished for abortions for gods sake.

Even if all this came out then, I don't know that it would have mattered, his core still treats him like a god, maybe even more so now that they feel under attack. They were already #nevertrump back then, I think he still would have steamrolled.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

straight up brolic posted:

i hope they don't and act mildly scared so that Trump actually sues them and they ruin his life even more.

Too late. They have pretty much pulled out their balls and dragged them across his phone by tweeting yet another story about Trump and women like 10 minutes after the C&D letter got tweeted.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Instant Sunrise posted:

something the court has hinted that they'd really like to take a case about

i take this back because the court actually has taken several cases this upcoming year about gerrymandering and the racial packing of districts that virginia and north carolina did after the 2010 census.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

here's the thing, if this swan dive continues, the only people g'd up to still votes for trump will be les deplorables. Of the ones that are actually US citizens, most live in heavily red areas that would never turn blue anyway. However, the depressed turnout in contested districts where sane people live may very well flip more seats than we have considered. Ground game at the presidential level manifests itself at the congressional level. If it really is 10/15-1 registration disparity across the board, i think we could see the models significant underestimate congress

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 13, 2016

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Hollismason posted:

Kasich would have steamrolled Clinton.

Pretty much any other candidate than Cruz would have, really.

And Cruz would still have been a toss-up.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hollismason posted:

Kasich is as bad as Pence without the play-doh body

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Reposting this oldie but goodie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6M_2fTACeI

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Incredible that they're gonna run this loving imbecile and still keep the House of Representatives.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

GalacticAcid posted:

Incredible that they're gonna run this loving imbecile and still keep the House of Representatives.

Gerrymandering is a hell of a thing.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

GalacticAcid posted:

Gerrymandering strikes again!

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

FAN fuckin TASTIC.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

although depending on how the supreme court goes this upcoming year not for much longer

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

So what's the Trump strategy right now? Go the full Ghomeshi route and claim a vast conspiracy of women are trying to take him down?

Posture against the NYT in order to send a message to anyone else who might come forward, the to go after the individual accusers and threaten them with law suits that may bankrupt them if they don't retract their accusations. If they can get that it's almost as close to a retraction as they are likely to get.

Meanwhile push the me against the world narrative and engage with his base to say that all of these women are liars, which is the strat they've already started pushing on news.

Also apparently push out all of Bill's accusers on Hannity tomorrow morning to try and form up a false equivalency perhaps with the sprinkled addition of the implication of "if it isn't true why isn't Bill suing anyone" to try and muddy the waters.

Pray to a god he pretends to believe in (who looks remarkably like himself) that nothing else comes out for the next month.

Do more coke.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Kro-Bar posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Haha, boy I tell ya, this is just nuts, *chuckle*.
[closes all but 1 abortion clinic, forces women to get transvaginal ultrasounds, bans birth control, bans abortions after 5 weeks, criminalizes menstruation]

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

here's the thing, if this swan dies continues, the only people g'd up to still votes for trump will be les deplorables. Of the ones that are actually US citizens, most live in heavily red areas that would never turn blue anyway. However, the depressed turnout in contested districts where sane people live may very well flip more seats than we have considered. Ground game at the presidential level manifests itself at the congressional level. If it really is 10/15-1 registration disparity across the board, i think we could see the models significant underestimate congress

There's also the simple fact of how gerrymandering works when you're in the minority but draw the districts so that you take a majority of the seats e.g. you spread your voters thinner and thinner as your share of the vote gets smaller and smaller. Sure the rural cancer areas will probably still see clear victories for Rs but the bloodbath happens when you get into those 55-45 areas where you've cut bits of the cities out and packaged them with massive swathes of suburban blight. Start bumping that 45% into 51% and it's a loving waterfall.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trump''s business MO has always been to use his money to screw people by tying them up in litigation, hell his mentor was Roy Cohn. He's dealing with the sex scandals the same way he does everything else - legal bullying

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I hope Hillary's campaign is willing to fight for these women and their inevitable legal battles with Trump. I'm going to be very mad if they don't go up to bat for these women after they come forward.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Instant Sunrise posted:

although depending on how the supreme court goes this upcoming year not for much longer

I know everyone is excited about Clinton dunking on Trump but I'll be sweating bullets on Election Night to watch the Senate races, in large part for this reason.

PA is gonna be awfully close. Think NH, FL, and NC should be nailbiters too.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It genuinely seems like none of the GOP primary guys did any oppo on Trump, but I don't really understand how that can be true. Unless they all really truly thought he'd drop out on his own?

They did oppo research. The Stern stuff was all known and had been used in primary campaign ads. The problem was that everybody just chalked it up to, "Well it's Howard Stern and Trump's a crazy media figure." So they weren't able to make any of it stick. His family and close allies all assured us Donald Trump was an upstanding man in his private life.

Alicia Machado standing up to Trump and then that Access Hollywood tape coming out where he gives away his M.O. really changed everything. The women felt like a) maybe it was finally okay to speak out against Trump and b) they might actually be believed now that Trump is on tape admitting to it.

Until those 2 events happened there was no indication that women coming forward wouldn't be publicly destroyed and humiliated. So his victims didn't feel like it was possible for them to do anything.

I actually think this is still a really troubling sign for our society. The only thing that could bring down a monster like Trump was the words of Trump himself. Media didn't take seriously any of his accusers before that.

When they actually started looking for his victims, it turns out nearly every major publication was able to find a different victim. They all released tonight because they didn't want to have been scooped on the Trump sexual assault stories. Turns out the "woman accuses Trump of sexual assault" story was so big it almost requires data journalism.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 13, 2016

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Endorph posted:

Dog fighting is too low-class. I bet he's done the gently caress out of some shady horse racing though.

Trump has probably done something like Surviving the Game

Like I'm not even saying that as a joke.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

I hope Hillary's campaign is willing to fight for these women and their inevitable legal battles with Trump. I'm going to be very mad if they don't go up to bat for these women after they come forward.

I'm not sure they could.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

So what's the Trump strategy right now? Go the full Ghomeshi route and claim a vast conspiracy of women are trying to take him down?

Women, RINOs, the media, PUSSIES (non-rapists), and those filthy subhumans!! Trump cannot fail, he can only be failed..by the entire world. He's the ultimate manchild.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm guessing more like The Pest, where the hunter was a nazi and played by a child molester.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Goatman Sacks posted:

Trump''s business MO has always been to use his money to screw people by tying them up in litigation, hell his mentor was Roy Cohn. He's dealing with the sex scandals the same way he does everything else - legal bullying

His personal MO doesn't seem to differ too much.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

greatn posted:

I'm not sure they could.

Ugh. I don't know the legal side of things. I just feel like somebody should help them. Joking about Trump's money aside, he probably has enough to bury a bunch of normal people in legal fees and paperwork and that's not acceptable here.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Got any links on what gerrymandering is and how it has affected the US? Im a dirty Canadian so its something we very rarely see happening.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

your naivete is adorable

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

There's also the simple fact of how gerrymandering works when you're in the minority but draw the districts so that you take a majority of the seats e.g. you spread your voters thinner and thinner as your share of the vote gets smaller and smaller. Sure the rural cancer areas will probably still see clear victories for Rs but the bloodbath happens when you get into those 55-45 areas where you've cut bits of the cities out and packaged them with massive swathes of suburban blight. Start bumping that 45% into 51% and it's a loving waterfall.

Yeah, this. The electoral signals that you're in trouble don't trickle in the way they should, gerrymandering causes them to all go at once. Suddenly you've gone from status quo to hemorrhaging and unable to recover.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

Skinty McEdger posted:

Posture against the NYT in order to send a message to anyone else who might come forward, the to go after the individual accusers and threaten them with law suits that may bankrupt them if they don't retract their accusations. If they can get that it's almost as close to a retraction as they are likely to get.

Meanwhile push the me against the world narrative and engage with his base to say that all of these women are liars, which is the strat they've already started pushing on news.

Also apparently push out all of Bill's accusers on Hannity tomorrow morning to try and form up a false equivalency perhaps with the sprinkled addition of the implication of "if it isn't true why isn't Bill suing anyone" to try and muddy the waters.

Pray to a god he pretends to believe in (who looks remarkably like himself) that nothing else comes out for the next month.

Do more coke.

Also, attack the character of the women in as ugly a way as possible. Already one woman who came forward is being accused of alcoholism and child endangerment by various deplorables. I have no idea whether it's true or not but I know it will be repeated as gospel by the Borg.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's audio of Trump toying with the idea of going to Africa and hunting black people.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

your naivete is adorable

:smithicide:

Edit: ^ implies Donald Trump wouldn't consider hunting to be a pleb poor people activity beneath him.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Got any links on what gerrymandering is and how it has affected the US? Im a dirty Canadian so its something we very rarely see happening.
you draw up the districts like a jigsaw puzzle so that you have an "insurmountable" advantage in as many voting districts as possible

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

NYT running both these stories in the 10/13 edition:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/gop-reaction-donald-trump.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

worked for ghomeshi

:(

• Locked thread