Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Jess seems like she'd be a good fit for introduction in Agents of SHIELD.

Uh no thanks. AoS is the thing that makes me glad there is a separation between Marvel movies and TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

What, Carol and Jess? They've been friends in like every single series they've appeared in.

If he's talking about Wanda and Carol, basically the entire time they were on the Avengers together they were good friends. Then Carol was also one of the few to defend Wanda during Disassembled and was also shown to be the most hurt when it is proved beyond a doubt. Then when talking to the Storyteller in her solo series, Carol refers to Wanda as her "Dear friend". Then during House of M Wanda gave Carol one of the few good lives to non-mutants in that world (with the others being Simon and Cap). Then when Wanda came back, Carol was one of the few to defend her just before Avengers vs X-men.

It's no Carol and Jess, but there's a lot of on page evidence for them being close. Maybe iconic was the wrong word, becuase really, there aren't too many iconic Gal Pals in Marvel I can think of, with only really Kitty and Illyana and/or Rachael being up there. I'm sure people can point out ones I'm missing.

Captain Marvel should be like Black Panther; a Superhero movie with the majority cast are women. Have Carol, Jess, Wanda in there as well. Abigail Brand and Alpha Flight would be also great, to tie it into the current series. The villain will almost certainly be Moonstone or Dr Minerva. Marvel loves doing mirror villains, and both fit the criteria.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mera's movie costume looks okay

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Storm and Kitty were very close friends for a while.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

omg chael crash posted:

Mera's movie costume looks okay

Yea, that is probably my favorite costume from the DCCU so far. It's basically just the comics one but made for the movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

purple death ray posted:

Storm and Kitty were very close friends for a while.

Yes.... friends.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

Yes.... friends.

They were just friends as kitty had Magik and Rachel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm not saying anything actually happened but there was a very creepy angle to that relationship. (because of the age difference and Ororo being sort of a mentor, I mean) Standard Claremont I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh I don't see it.they always had a mother daughter thing from what I read. It's no where near Magik or Phoenix.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Strange poster for the IMAX midnight showing off of Scott Derrickson's twitter:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Time to bust out the blacklights and lava lamp

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Mover posted:

Coming soon Summer '96

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Coming soon Summer '96

Direct to a video or LaserDisc near you.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not saying anything actually happened but there was a very creepy angle to that relationship. (because of the age difference and Ororo being sort of a mentor, I mean) Standard Claremont I guess.
Please stop reading your own fetishes into comic books.

Storm/Kitty was absolutely always portrayed as a mother/daughter relationship.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Please stop reading your own fetishes into comic books.

Haha, ok buddy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That's just how Claremont rolls.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yes I'm aware "lol Claremont" but if you're reading anything into the friendship between Storm and Kitty then that's entirely on you.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

WickedHate posted:

That's just how Claremont rolls.

Is that an acid-induced fever dream an anime fan has of the first duel Callisto and Storm had? Because what the hell.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Is that an acid-induced fever dream an anime fan has of the first duel Callisto and Storm had? Because what the hell.
Sadly not, it was from an arc in X-treme X-Men where Masque gave Callisto tentacles because *reasons*

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
so yeah I I think spider gwen, miles, and kamala khan are cool and good will be around forever :v:

seems the only way to make that happen is to put them in the MCU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Race Realists posted:

so yeah I I think spider gwen, miles, and kamala khan are cool and good will be around forever :v:

I'm really hoping to see them grow up. We got a possible adult version of Kamala during Secret Wars, but I'm curious to see how the writers take her though high school and university. Miles is the only one I can see having trouble moving to film, because then they need a way to explain why there are two spider-men, and that's too many spider-men for most audiences.

Claremont has straight up said that in his mind, Kitty <3s Rachael most of all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Race Realists posted:

Spider Gwen's comic sucks.

She's a cool costume and that's about it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

irlZaphod posted:

Sadly not, it was from an arc in X-treme X-Men where Masque gave Callisto tentacles because *reasons*

It's not even the first time he did that incredibly specific thing.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Mover posted:

I loving require this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mover posted:

That had better glow under a blacklight

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope it comes with a bag of weed and a copy of dark side

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

I hope it comes with a bag of weed and a copy of dark side

Or whatever Brunner was on when he drew it in the 70s.

Though Ditko was stone cold sober when he drew all his stuff.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Mover posted:

This poster is amazing

Unfortunately, I think these are being offered only to AMC Stubs members for the IMAX showings on the 3rd and 13th.

According to the AMC rep I spoke with on Facebook: "The first color poster is for 11/3 and the black light poster will be given away on 11/13. Any AMC IMAX location showing DOCTOR STRANGE, will have the posters."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

This poster is amazing

Unfortunately, I think these are being offered only to AMC Stubs members for the IMAX showings on the 3rd and 13th.

According to the AMC rep I spoke with on Facebook: "The first color poster is for 11/3 and the black light poster will be given away on 11/13. Any AMC IMAX location showing DOCTOR STRANGE, will have the posters."

:( I'm going to Regal IMAX. We don't have an AMC one.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

King Burgundy posted:

:( I'm going to Regal IMAX. We don't have an AMC one.

That's a bummer :(

Normally I'd go to the Providence Place IMAX but I'm going to go to the AMC Lowes in Boston Common since they have IMAX (it's the closest one to me)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No AMC in my city either :(

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

site posted:

No AMC in my city either :(

None in my country :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Man we're all gettin screwed here

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Don't worry guys, they'll be on Ebay for eleventy billion dollars forthwith.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

site posted:

Man we're all gettin screwed here

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AMC recently bought the Carmike chain, I wonder if they'll have them even though they haven't rebranded yet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

So since I was talking about Godzilla in here a while ago, I just wanted to say that I got to see Shin Godzilla on a big screen tonight and it was completely amazing. Hilarious and horrifying in equal parts. The first Japanese Godzilla I've ever gotten to see in theaters. Definitely see it if there's a theater near you playing it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's the midnight movie here tomorrow and Saturday and I'm trying to get people to go with me but I may just end up seeing it in my own

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I'm going to see it on Thursday and I'm super excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

purple death ray posted:

So since I was talking about Godzilla in here a while ago, I just wanted to say that I got to see Shin Godzilla on a big screen tonight and it was completely amazing. Hilarious and horrifying in equal parts. The first Japanese Godzilla I've ever gotten to see in theaters. Definitely see it if there's a theater near you playing it.

It is exactly what I expected from a Hideaki Anno Godzilla movie and I mean that in the best possible way

• Locked thread