Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ciaphas posted:

i can't stop laughing at this gif ogm help

Wait have you not seen the video? Do I get to show this video to someone for the first time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeB3eYk1Ze0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Am I overlooking something obvious.

Like I know it's not going to happen but if Trump loses PA, and VA, he could still "technically" pull this map off no?

http://www.270towin.com/maps/do0Qv

This map requires a whole lot of ifs that are looking wildly unlikely at this point, including ifs that weren't ifs 2 weeks ago, like Utah.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lightning Knight posted:

The joke is that the police rape women. :v:

I understand that. I was saying that, that many reps sounds like a huge headache logistically to do elections for and fit all in one space, perform legislative duties and give speeches, etc. I'm not opposed, it just sounds... Complicated.

Each state would still be electing significantly fewer representatives to congress than they do their own legislatures. For instance New Hampshire's legislature is 424 members, which is just this side of being as big as the US House of Representatives.

The Capital building has plenty of space to seat more reps. The Visitor Center alone is build to hold 4,000 people. If you update voting procedures and institute slightly more organization to the silly speeches to an empty room for CSPAN, it'll all be fine.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Wait have you not seen the video? Do I get to show this video to someone for the first time?

Yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dexo posted:

Like I know it's not going to happen but if Trump loses PA, and VA, he could still "technically" pull this map off no?

new mexico is not happening for trump. it's not even a swing state. Trump wins Virginia before he wins New Mexico.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

red new mexico? the most hispanic state in the nation?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

I honestly won't be surprised if "Donald Trump forced a woman to get an abortion" ends up being the kill shot that was being lined up against him. The only real question would be if it was someone he got pregnant or someone, like a Miss America/Universe contestant or some other model, that he pressured in to it for business.

Didn't this already happen? I'm sure that he tried to get Marla Maples to abort Tiffany while she was in the womb, but Maples refused. It's why Tiffany Trump is the black sheep.

BTW. suing NYT for libel has unfortunate consequences for Trump...
https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/786444689654292480

Also,
https://twitter.com/jameshaning/status/786041242345811968

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endorph posted:

new mexico is not happening for trump. it's not even a swing state. Trump wins Virginia before he wins New Mexico.

oh gently caress right New Mexico. gently caress

yeah nevermind, didn't think about that.

That was the obvious thing that I felt I was missing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Nah I've seen that just something about the way that gif loops had me rollin' for a while there

drat good bit of youtubin' though so I'm glad it got posted anyway

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

I like it when I get to introduce people to Dance Floor Dale.

Also, Dance Floor Dale is super NWS if you happen to find the full uncensored version.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Yes.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Cooper didn't have to know crap to know what was going to happen if he grilled Trump on that subject. Also, it was really important that Cooper communicated that point to Trump directly in a way that Trump couldn't brush off his actions as banter later. It didn't entirely succeed in correcting media descriptions of the bus event as lewd comments, but I think it steered it some.

quote:

COOPER: So, Mr. Trump…

TRUMP: And we should get on to much more important things and much bigger things.

COOPER: Just for the record, though, are you saying that what you said on that bus 11 years ago that you did not actually kiss women without consent or grope women without consent?

TRUMP: I have great respect for women. Nobody has more respect for women than I do.

COOPER: So, for the record, you’re saying you never did that?

TRUMP: I’ve said things that, frankly, you hear these things I said. And I was embarrassed by it. But I have tremendous respect for women.

COOPER: Have you ever done those things?

It's this part specifically. To me, the insistence reads exactly as the script to a legal drama movie, where the lawyer is grilling the accused, then producing damning evidence to show he lied.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Don't know if it's already been discussed, but in retrospect it's quite clear Anderson Cooper knew about these latest reveals at the debate, when he was grilling Trump to specifically deny any and all rumours of groping, right?

Honestly you don't have to be in TV to take a wild guess that the dude who talks about how much he loves grabbin' pussy might have a few sexual assault accusations rattling around in his closet, and that you should definitely make him deny that on camera if at all possible.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Dexo posted:

oh gently caress right New Mexico. gently caress

yeah nevermind, didn't think about that.

That was the obvious thing that I felt I was missing.
Just switch Colorado and NM and give Trump that electoral vote in Maine. Hell, give him NH while you're at it - your map is already pretty disconnected from reality anyway.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Oxxidation posted:

Given that Hillary seems to live her life in a permanent state of gentle bemusement I can only imagine the arched eyebrow she must have displayed at reading today's news.

She sighs as she keeps writing the 15 page policy paper on public service that no one will ever pay attention to.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Young Freud posted:

BTW. suing NYT for libel has unfortunate consequences for Trump...
https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/786444689654292480

that's not how discovery works

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kilroy posted:

Just switch Colorado and NM and give Trump that electoral vote in Maine. Hell, give him NH while you're at it - your map is already pretty disconnected from reality anyway.

Like did I not put enough "THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN AND IS LITERALLY THE WORST CASE SCENARIO'S* on that thing?

Like I know it's not going to happen I was just speaking to back up someone who questioned when I typed

quote:

He can win without PA IIRC, but he has to literally sweep every other "swing" state besides Virginia to pull it off.[quote]

Could be wrong tho.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Yeah I'm helping to give you a more realistic worst case scenario no need to drag your caps lock key into this :colbert:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Gyges posted:

Each state would still be electing significantly fewer representatives to congress than they do their own legislatures. For instance New Hampshire's legislature is 424 members, which is just this side of being as big as the US House of Representatives.

The Capital building has plenty of space to seat more reps. The Visitor Center alone is build to hold 4,000 people. If you update voting procedures and institute slightly more organization to the silly speeches to an empty room for CSPAN, it'll all be fine.

I guess that's fair. Too bad it'll never happen because "hurr durr why do you think having more politicians will fix the problem."

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

canepazzo posted:

It's this part specifically. To me, the insistence reads exactly as the script to a legal drama movie, where the lawyer is grilling the accused, then producing damning evidence to show he lied.

The evidence is all around us. It falls like manna from heaven.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I honestly won't be surprised if "Donald Trump forced a woman to get an abortion" ends up being the kill shot that was being lined up against him. The only real question would be if it was someone he got pregnant or someone, like a Miss America/Universe contestant or some other model, that he pressured in to it for business.

That's where I am with this election now. Donald Trump could be revealed to have forced someone to get an abortion and I wouldn't be surprised. This election has broken me.

The incest joke is going to be killed.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Hmm, we'll need a name for these farms though, something catchy....

Well, a cute word for small rural settlement is 'hamlet,' that sounds cool and enticing, let's go with it.
But we need people to know that these hamlets are well-siited, close to city services but far enough away to feel rural... one could say they are strategically placed even.

'Strategic hamlets,' then. I like it, really rolls off the tongue :downs:

similar to mass internal displacement, any plan that calls for putting people into a zoo is a loving terrible plan

Just as a quick thing, but I didn't mean the whole iron bridge idea as a forced thing, more as an option to make some cash.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 13, 2016

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Doing what I can. Got mom and siblings to vote abuela, but dad is a Libertarian so he is voting Johnson. At least that is a few less votes for Trump.

Zil fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 13, 2016

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

PhazonLink posted:

You do realize that if the next scandal IS incest, Trump is going to call it "wincest" and the universe will implode on itself as this really is the Most Ridiculous Timeline.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

canepazzo posted:

You aren't alone!

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/785324451592142848

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
What is meant by "kill shot" now? Trump is still going to get ~35% of the vote literally no matter what. He could gently caress Ivanka at the third debate while Chris Wallace tries to figure out how to blame Hillary for it, then flush the resulting embryo down the toilet and snort a line of coke off his own dick before blowing his brains out. The idiots hanging "Vote Trump" signs off the overpass on my way into town this morning are still going to vote for him. Nothing will change that - but he's still going to lose.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
We need a good TRUMP PAID FOR MY ABORTION(S) story.

That'll put the fork in him and the GOP.

Evangelicals who are already wavering stay home in droves and the house swings blue.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The real Trump died in 2004. This campaign has been led by Barron in a mech suit made out of circus peanuts

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

canepazzo posted:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zil posted:

Doing what I can. Got mom and siblings to vote abuela, but dad is a Libertarian so he is voting Johnson. At least that is a few less votes for Trump.

That's awesome, was it a hard sell? How liberal is your community vs. Texas as a whole?

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
And here we have it, a video in which Trump mentions wanting to have sex with a 10 year old girl (when she's 10 years older)

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/300740-footage-surfaces-of-trump-making-questionable-remark-about-10

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

The real Trump died in 2004. This campaign has been led by Barron in a mech suit made out of circus peanuts

No no no, the truth is gonna be that Bill had Trump killed and replaced with one of his illegitimate black kids in a Trump suit. It was a inside job all along.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

So Shapiro is another never-Donnie that's watching his party burn?

edit

gfsincere posted:

You do realize that if the next scandal IS incest, Trump is going to call it "wincest" and the universe will implode on itself as this really is the Most Ridiculous Timeline.

Gay incest.

But in the straight incest timeline , the fundies quote that time a guy's wife turned to salt and he got drunk and hosed his daughters

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PhazonLink posted:

Except in a Shyamalanesque twist it'll be Eric receiving the Cheeto and not Ivanka.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kilroy posted:

What is meant by "kill shot" now? Trump is still going to get ~35% of the vote literally no matter what. He could gently caress Ivanka at the third debate while Chris Wallace tries to figure out how to blame Hillary for it, then flush the resulting embryo down the toilet and snort a line of coke off his own dick before blowing his brains out. The idiots hanging "Vote Trump" signs off the overpass on my way into town this morning are still going to vote for him. Nothing will change that - but he's still going to lose.

Kill shot is tying the rest of the GOP to him and they lose the house.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I mean that's what "spite-voting" is. The appeal of Trump for probably most of the people left who "support" him is that supporting him pisses off liberals (read: people who aren't like them). Anything Trump can do to make you revile his supporters even more, will just raise his appeal to these supporters. The only thing Trump can do to lose them is gain you.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Kill shot is tying the rest of the GOP to him and they lose the house.
Ah that kill shot. Okay.

I think that's already happened but the polls probably will not ever reflect it because their likely voter models are just totally hosed by the events of this election.

GOP and Dem internal polling will have a much, much better grasp of who is going to turn out, and the fact that the GOP seems more worried about losing the House than the plain reading of the public polls would suggest, says a lot.

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 13, 2016

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

canepazzo posted:

I mean, those tapes have him brazenly bragging about doing those things. AC may have had knowledge about other forthcoming accusations, but that knowledge is in no way to necessary to grill him like that. He's simply asking him to confirm or deny his own proud pronouncements.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

35% of the vote is a complete and utter killshot for a political party. If Trump gets 35% of the vote probably most elected offices probably switch to Dem control

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Even if A Miracle Occurs and both wings of congress flip to the Dems, they're still probably going to lose the house again in 2018, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

canepazzo posted:

Don't know if it's already been discussed, but in retrospect it's quite clear Anderson Cooper knew about these latest reveals at the debate, when he was grilling Trump to specifically deny any and all rumours of groping, right?

Nah, Trump hadn't had any proper interview or answered any questions from real press about that tape until the debate. So Anderson Cooper asked the logical first questions that literally any journalist would ask in this situation.

• Locked thread