Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Well I guess they needed some form of limitation to explain why Makarov wasn't just spamming that poo poo in every Fairy tail fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has laxus been involved at all in this fight i can't remember

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

has laxus been involved at all in this fight i can't remember
Yeah, he beat that one robot guy, who is now back again. He did send up a few death flags but no one dies in Fairy Tail.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
it seemed like the life shortening effect of fairy law was basically per target so if you use it on one or a hanndfull of dudes then yeah it's no big deal maybe a couple of days less who cares but against a million or so strong army then woops you died.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This has been going for too long, god I wish Mashima took a hint and started going for the end. I'm not sure why I'm still reading this (the nudity, of course).

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Angry Lobster posted:

This has been going for too long, god I wish Mashima took a hint and started going for the end. I'm not sure why I'm still reading this (the nudity, of course).

Fairy Tail's like Naruto and Bleach now: we know it's the final arc, we just don't know when the end exactly will be.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Fairy Tail's like Naruto and Bleach now: we know it's the final arc, we just don't know when the end exactly will be.

There could potentially be another arc after this where they go to the realm of the gods and beat up Ancselam.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Silver2195 posted:

There could potentially be another arc after this where they go to the realm of the gods and beat up Ancselam.

Any gods popping up would probably end up more like Kaguya, with maybe a little more foreshadowing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I always figured Zeref's curse was some sort of actual being so he'll get beaten and the curse will pop out in corporeal form as the real big bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elfgames posted:

it seemed like the life shortening effect of fairy law was basically per target so if you use it on one or a hanndfull of dudes then yeah it's no big deal maybe a couple of days less who cares but against a million or so strong army then woops you died.

If 100 people=1 day then a million people would be 10,000 days, which is about 27 years. Since Makarov is really old already...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The drawback really isn't much of one in most circumstances. There being a cost to using a skill that personally and specifically murders a million people at the same time only costing 27 years of your life seems fair.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The final arc should be dealing with the ecological disaster that is going to result from the whole continent being rearranged and shrunk to 10% of it's original landmass.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
New chapter is up.

I actually think that Makarov is actually dead.

Why isn't Laxus dead, though? He just touched Mavis's real body, while she was thinking about how sad it was that Makarov was dead (proving she still believes life is precious). Was Ancseram just feeling merciful?

Erza finally smacked some sense into Natsu and Gray, but she injured both her hands in the process, and they're still injured too. This is still going to be an uphill battle for FT, especially if August and Rakheid have been taking out various allies we haven't seen in a while offscreen.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 17, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's a pity such a well drawn fight was committed to something so completely meaningless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty astounding that there's been at least three consecutive chapters without a 'wardrobe malfunction'.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Makarov has permanently malfunctioned in the wardrobe of life.

He's ascended to the great underwear closet in the sky.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

Erza finally smacked some sense into Natsu and Gray, but she injured both her hands in the process, and they're still injured too. This is still going to be an uphill battle for FT

Do you even nakama? :raise:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:cry: I really like Makarov.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

:cry: I really like Makarov.

Don't cry. He doesn't have to be guild master any more. He is finally free.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Don't worry, he'll be back to normal next chapter.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm glad Erza got there in time to stop that fight. Who knows how it would have turned out otherwise?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

chumbler posted:

Don't cry. He doesn't have to be guild master any more. He is finally free.
see my post where he wakes up in hell and is made guild master forever

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Thoren posted:

I'm glad Erza got there in time to stop that fight. Who knows how it would have turned out otherwise?

i think they would have punched each other some more

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Thoren posted:

Probably something dumb, like Juvia (Lucy) showing up to the fight, breaking Gray's (Natsu's) focus enough for him to be wrecked by an attack from Natsu (Gray).

Thank god Erza showed up out of the blue from like half a mile away.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
http://mangastream.com/r/fairy_tail/507/3753/1

THE POWER OF TITS!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
We finally find out what August is up to. Rakheid is still a mystery, though.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I still want to know how much Makarov knew about Natsu when he let him in the guild.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Don't tell me this is another multiverse bullshit I thought we had left that poo poo behind us.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Suspicious Lump posted:

Don't tell me this is another multiverse bullshit I thought we had left that poo poo behind us.

Maybe it's FUTURE Erza (I was fine with mother or older sister, no need to make it overly complicated Mashima!)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Eileen seems too cruel to be future Erza, and scenes like her asking the King of Fiore what it means to be a parent or whatever don't make much sense if she isn't Erza's mother. But it's Mashima, so something that makes no sense is always a possibility.

Maybe Eileen is just being melodramatic, and in the next chapter she'll explain that she's Erza's mother? Contrived last-page fake-outs like that are not exactly unheard of in weekly manga.

Actually, here's a better theory: Erza is a clone of Eileen. So they're mother and daughter in a sense, but Eileen saying they're the same isn't nonsense. This potentially explains a lot, including why Eileen looks a bit young to be Erza's mother. Come to think of it, maybe Rakheid is the result of Zeref cloning himself as well.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 25, 2016

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
I'm going with twins, or some sort of split personality thing. They were the same person, then split into evil and good.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rye Bread posted:

I'm going with twins, or some sort of split personality thing. They were the same person, then split into evil and good.

Twins is possible, I guess (which would make Eileen 7 years older due to Erza being transported forward in time). Not a fan of the Kami/Piccolo possibility; it seems needlessly complicated (Who split them? When? Why?) and doesn't really fit their personalities (Erza is too violent to be pure good, and Eileen seems too enigmatic to be pure evil). Which isn't to say Mashima won't do it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I like the idea of clones but this is shounen so it's going to be Piccolo story here. Maybe someone or something split them apart to separate the evil from good, or the mage from the warrior. Anything but the dumb other world

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's going to be whatever makes it most weird. Come on guys, this is Fairy Tail.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Suspicious Lump posted:

"I am you and you are me"
... as you are she
and we are all together
Eileen is The Walrus.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Gray and Natsu coming to their senses via the power of friendship in panels where their faces are each half obscured by one of Erza's breasts is just purest Fairy Tail.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It turns out erza is literally a sword like those two girls that worked for Eileen, but she's a really really well made one

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

It turns out erza is literally a sword like those two girls that worked for Eileen, but she's a really really well made one

Okay I like this theory.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Nah. Peep that giant scar on her abdomen. Definitely Erza was like her conjoined twin or something. She also learned magic after leaving Ishgar so how would Erza have gotten back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I think I'd prefer multiverse theory to Mashima ad-libbing from The Dark Half tbh

• Locked thread