Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

$400 for a 6 series? Niiice. :cheers:

Yeah. Open box, but it's in perfect condition. Huge upgrade over what I've been playing the past year, let alone the poo poo box tv I've been using this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

Best Buy certified open box for $400 on it.

:eyepop: that's a god damned steal.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:eyepop: that's a god damned steal.

I know. I just happened to check the stock and the Best But over by Easton had an open box. Needless to say I was in my car and buying it within a half hour. This tv is dope af.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone get there IW beta codes yet ?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone get there IW beta codes yet ?

I got a code from amazon a few weeks ago to register on the site. Haven't seen anything since.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

housefly posted:

I got a code from amazon a few weeks ago to register on the site. Haven't seen anything since.

ditto

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I got a new computer and drat this game is pretty with everything at max compared to everything at minimum.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i can't believe i ordered the new one.

guess i'll be back you fuckin' idiots.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Does anyone else here play blops 3 on PC and have any experience with getting the error message "An issue on your PC is conflicting with VAC - You cannot play on VAC secured servers" or something to that extent? I've never had this pop up before and googling just gets a billion forum threads of "hey I got banned and I don't know why" with no useful information.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Geight posted:

Does anyone else here play blops 3 on PC and have any experience with getting the error message "An issue on your PC is conflicting with VAC - You cannot play on VAC secured servers" or something to that extent? I've never had this pop up before and googling just gets a billion forum threads of "hey I got banned and I don't know why" with no useful information.

I assume it's your NAT or whathaveyou.

Then again, I used to Blops on PC and never really got that message.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
If only there was some guide in this thread to help you out.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

widespread posted:

I assume it's your NAT or whathaveyou.

Then again, I used to Blops on PC and never really got that message.

I don't think that's how that works, but whatever Titanfall 2 is coming out soon enough that I don't care about fixing blops 3. I got a gold brecci today though before the game started being a jerk, so at least I can end on a high note. :unsmith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Geight posted:

Yeah, there's not a lot of PC players left, if at all. Most left for other games. Would Cheat Engine set that off? It wouldn't surprise me if Activision's going full Draco (the greek, not the wizard), now that they own MLG.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've honestly no idea what could be setting it off - This is a straight-up new computer, blops 3 is one of the first things I installed on it because I wanted to see how pretty it looked. Although it is interesting that apparently normal matchmaking uses a mixture of VAC-secured servers and not VAC-secure servers, since I only get kicked sometimes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ah. Good ol' incompetence then.

Only one thing for it; delete and reinstall! :shepicide:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh hey the issue probably actually was something weird on my computer, Dota 2 gave me a similar error, but gave me a link to a Valve FAQ explaining what that error could actually mean. :v: One of the suggestions was to restart and make sure Windows is updated, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I really need to just restart immediately whenever something doesn't work correctly, huh.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Geight posted:

I really need to just restart immediately whenever something doesn't work correctly, huh.

This has been the go to first step for every piece of technology since I had my first aAple IIe back in the early/mid 80s.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'm gonna hop on PS4 BLOPS / IW Beta starting tomorrow. "BionicColon". Sorry in advance for parrots screaming in background.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

faantastic posted:

I'm gonna hop on PS4 BLOPS / IW Beta starting tomorrow. "BionicColon". Sorry in advance for parrots screaming in background.

War. War never changes.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Remember: if you really are still doing this for one more year, get Legacy Edition so you get MWR and then you will never buy another COD game again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Superanos posted:

Remember: if you really are still doing this for one more year, get Legacy Edition so you get MWR and then you will never buy another COD game again.

Assuming MWR can actually retain the multiplayer audience.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Superanos posted:

*groan*

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

widespread posted:

I'm curious how big a player base MWR will have with it only being available as a pack-in on an $80+ dollar game. Definitely going to be very sweaty.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

I'm curious how big a player base MWR will have with it only being available as a pack-in on an $80+ dollar game. Definitely going to be very sweaty.

My guess is that the playerbase will be pretty healthy for first 2-3 months then it'll drop off, and pick back up whenever MWR is released stand-alone (maybe around the time of DLC3 for IW.)

IW beta codes are out - check this link if you've already registered. You get one for yourself and five to share.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Godzilla07 posted:

My guess is that the playerbase will be pretty healthy for first 2-3 months then it'll drop off, and pick back up whenever MWR is released stand-alone (maybe around the time of DLC3 for IW.)

IW beta codes are out - check this link if you've already registered. You get one for yourself and five to share.

I didn't get my beta code from amazon, so if anyone has a spare. :c

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

The only reason goons stopped playing it was because MW2 came out.

And we had retro nights right up into BLOPS 1.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

The only reason goons stopped playing it was because MW2 came out.

And we had retro nights right up into BLOPS 1.

So basically goons will be playing until MW2R comes out.

And then retro nights until Blops 1 Remastered.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Exactly. Though I really don't see anybody getting off the MW2R train.

That's the final destination. Activision knows the franchise is done when they have to release it to goose sales numbers for Kotick's CEO bonus.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

To be honest, I would probably stay on that train too. PC MW2- while barren mostly- got me on in the first place.

Add in poo poo like Drop Zone and it's a preorder for me.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I havent pre-ordered yet but if anyone has a PS4 beta code to spare could you PM it to me please. Thanks!

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Hackan Slash posted:

War. War never changes.

Installing my poopsock. Gonna get that prestige master in 2 weeks on ps4.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
jjjjjj

sba fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 13, 2016

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Exactly. Though I really don't see anybody getting off the MW2R train.

That's the final destination. Activision knows the franchise is done when they have to release it to goose sales numbers for Kotick's CEO bonus.

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered will be only available as a $500 bundle including every COD game ever made.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

Checked link. Says I've already registered and that codes will be emailed out prior to the beta start. No emails. What gives?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

housefly posted:

Checked link. Says I've already registered and that codes will be emailed out prior to the beta start. No emails. What gives?

http://charlieintel.com/2016/10/13/call-duty-infinite-warfare-ps4-beta-download-codes-now-rolling/

quote:

UPDATE: Activision has disabled the codes from showing up on the Call of Duty site. We will update when they show up again.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Codes are being e-mailed out, just got mine. I put my extra codes in the Extinction Guides.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to play MW1 like one time before shelving it for space cod.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Where them codes at?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

el B posted:

Where them codes at?

I'm saving a couple for irl friends who will inevitably not play anyway, so here's three I can toss your salad with way.

1. CQ4A-LPNE-3QE5
2. MFPA-RANP-4TN2
3. 9L2E-Q7NM-H6B8

housefly fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

PS only invite scrubs so I can own them tia

• Locked thread