Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

El Genérico died

Tijuana is a dangerous place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Tijuana is a dangerous place

El Generico was Perro?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

More Total Nonstop Deletion details

Matt invited teams from around time and space to compete in the main event Tag Team Apocalypto (falls count anywhere on the compound)
Invited the Bucks of Youth, the Express who Rocks and Rolls, the Bulldogs who are British, and the Days of the New to compete
Teams outside of the company will be brought in, Matt and Borash already accepting bookings for it
In addition to the in ring debut of King Maxel, a special once in a lifetime match will occur between Grado and Smoking Joe Frazier, the boxing legend reincarnated as kangaroo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

a special once in a lifetime match will occur between Grado and Smoking Joe Frazier, the boxing legend reincarnated as kangaroo

:suspense:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks of Youth, the Express who Rocks and Rolls, the Bulldogs who are British, and the Days of the New

I know people still like Matt Hardy but this poo poo is so stupid and forced

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Grozz Nuy posted:

I know people still like Matt Hardy but this poo poo is so stupid and forced

It would have been funny if it was just Days of the New and not one that he's already used 2000x and two that are just moving words around and not actually funny

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Billy Corgan should actually get Days of the New to show up its not like Travis Meeks is busy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, but he's not the one who's trying to be your enemy. That's something YOU need to change.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It would have been funny if it was just Days of the New and not one that he's already used 2000x and two that are just moving words around and not actually funny

I hope the people in this thread and subforum one day find some joy in their lives.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I hope the people in this thread and subforum one day find some joy in their lives.

If I wanted to see a fat dumb wrestler repeat the same promo with a lovely accent I'd just watch Bray Wyatt

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Billy Corgan should actually get Days of the New to show up its not like Travis Meeks is busy

But what if he decides YOU are the to abuse

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Marquis de Pyro posted:

If I wanted to see a fat dumb wrestler repeat the same promo with a lovely accent I'd just watch Bray Wyatt

Be less angry about wrestling. Be less angry in general.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, but he's not the one who's trying to be your enemy. That's something YOU need to change.

I think he's finally found a reason and doesn't need an excuse. I hear he's got this time on his hands, and they are the one to abuse.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they really dont have anybody else in the system ready do they

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/786722943673958400

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mickie James is great. She should be on the main roster. Asuka also.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just happy that Mickie James is healthy and ready to compete again after her near-death experience on the train tracks.

E: Real talk, I like Mickie and I'm sure Asuka will get a good match out of her, but man, how low is their confidence in the current NXT women's division that they have to trot out Mickie James as a credible Takeover challenger in 2016?

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 14, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

I'm just happy that Mickie James is healthy and ready to compete again after her near-death experience on the train tracks.

E: Real talk, I like Mickie and I'm sure Asuka will get a good match out of her, but man, how low is their confidence in the current NXT women's division that they have to trot out Mickie James as a credible Takeover challenger in 2016?
It's the Samoa Joe issue x10 because NXT doesn't have enough big name female stars to just trot out for believable feuds. They're grooming Ember Moon to take the title off her, but she's still got to grow. The rest of the girls are alright but don't really have name recognition.

I think they could actually stall out until Io Shirai comes in, if she was really signed. I think an Io Shirai/Ember Moon feud would be much more enjoyable than Asuka/Ember Moon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So Perkins replaced Itami?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

It's the Samoa Joe issue x10 because NXT doesn't have enough big name female stars to just trot out for believable feuds. They're grooming Ember Moon to take the title off her, but she's still got to grow. The rest of the girls are alright but don't really have name recognition.

I think they could actually stall out until Io Shirai comes in, if she was really signed. I think an Io Shirai/Ember Moon feud would be much more enjoyable than Asuka/Ember Moon

I just think it's a problem with not creating new stars to hold the high standards NXT created for itself with the women's division. They coasted off the Horsewomen for almost two years, and brought in Asuka to act as a bridge for the new generation, but somehow forgot Step 2 in building up fresh faces. They were trying to build up something worthwhile with Nia/Alexa/Dana/Carmella, but those all got sniped in the draft. Now the division is Asuka, Ember Moon who may or may not get over because she's still new, the Aussies who've been spinning their wheels for a year, and a bunch of random people. Nikki Cross has potential, but she's busy in a stable right now.

So it's partly bad luck and bad timing, but it's also just bad planning. They keep bringing in random indie midcard dudes because "we want veteran hands," but didn't bring in any veteran women to help with that division. So we end up with months of bad matches between green women who can't connect with the crowd, and the champ has no decent challengers left, so they have to call in a name from the past to fill a Takeover spot. That's not good.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Luckily they seem to realize that when their big tryouts they had September had a lot of vet indy women talent in it.

E: Paul's wrath knows no bounds when you refuse to take a picture with him after signing a full time contract

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 14, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

So Perkins replaced Itami?

Yep. He was my pick as soon as the injury was reported. Makes sense, he's got as much 'history' with Ibushi as anyone in the company, and the other obvious choice, Cedric, had already been eliminated from the tourney.

I'm also half-wondering if Dawson's injury is kayfabe because it's so perfect for the storyline. They gave DIY a bye to the semi-finals, meaning that Johnny and Tomasso may win the whole thing without ever actually beating the Revival.

Benne posted:

I just think it's a problem with not creating new stars to hold the high standards NXT created for itself with the women's division. They coasted off the Horsewomen for almost two years, and brought in Asuka to act as a bridge for the new generation, but somehow forgot Step 2 in building up fresh faces. They were trying to build up something worthwhile with Nia/Alexa/Dana/Carmella, but those all got sniped in the draft. Now the division is Asuka, Ember Moon who may or may not get over because she's still new, the Aussies who've been spinning their wheels for a year, and a bunch of random people. Nikki Cross has potential, but she's busy in a stable right now.

So it's partly bad luck and bad timing, but it's also just bad planning. They keep bringing in random indie midcard dudes because "we want veteran hands," but didn't bring in any veteran women to help with that division. So we end up with months of bad matches between green women who can't connect with the crowd, and the champ has no decent challengers left, so they have to call in a name from the past to fill a Takeover spot. That's not good.

Yeah, it's a combo of their youth focus being so fierce it's myopic with the women (they won't hire any veterans for the women because Asuka's already older than they really want the women to be), plus the similar myopia in bringing up Dana, Alexa, Carmella and Nia too soon because they were getting over reasonably well. So they basically brought up the entire upper and mid-card for the women and we're left with green girls and jobbers, and they're scrambling to plaster over things because, shock, no-one's over and they're having crappy matches.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
NXT Spoilers:
Oney Lorcan over Wesley Blake in the dark match.

No Way Jose & Rich Swann over Drew Gulak & Tony Nese in a first round match for the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Bobby Roode over Sean Maluta. After the match, Bobby got on the mic and made a match between himself and Tye Dillinger official for TakeOver: Toronto. Then Dillinger came out and they had themselves a brawl.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce attack Liv Morgan backstage and it spills out to the entrance area.

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong over Heavy Machinery (Niko Otis Bogojevic & Tucker Knight) in a first round match for the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. The Generation Next reunion is on, folks!

Nikki Cross over Danielle Kamela.

Danielle Kamela over Nikki Cross by disqualification. Apparently Nikki beat on her too much after the bell rang and the referee overturned the decision.

Shinsuke Nakamura comes out to cut a promo about his match with Joe at Toronto but Patrick Clark comes out to interrupt him. The champ levels him, and Joe comes out for a staredown.

DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) over Ho Ho Lun & Bin Wang Tian Bing in a first round match for the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Aliyah over Billie Kay with a distraction roll-up after Liv Morgan ran out to avenge the earlier attack on her person by attacking Peyton Royce at ringside. Naturally, all four women then had themselves a brawl, with Kay and Royce standing tall in the end.

Kota Ibushi & TJ Perkins over Lince Dorado & Mustafa Ali in a first round match for the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Asuka over Thea Trinidad, formerly TNA’s Rosita.

After the match, William Regal comes out to announce that Asuka will be defending her NXT Women’s Championship at TakeOver: Toronto... AGAINST MICKIE JAMES!

Tye Dillinger over Noah Potjes. Post-match, Bobby Roode attacked Tye and beat him down.

Ember Moon over Rachel Ellering Evers.

DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) vs. the Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) in a second round match for the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Or not, because Scott Dawson comes out on crutches claiming that on doctor’s orders they’re being forced to forfeit and exit the tournament.

The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) come out to beat on DIY in the aftermath, but Gargano and Ciampa get the better of them and send them packing.

Elias Samson over former Progress Champion Nathan Cruz.

Liv Morgan over Peyton Royce by disqualification when Billie Kay ran in. Aliyah also got involved and ate a beatdown for her trouble. Ember Moon then came down and ran Royce & Kay off.

Andrade “Cien” Almas over Cedric Alexander.

Contract signing for Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe up now. Joe brought his own table and set it up at the top of the ramp, to better conduct his business. Both men sign the contract from their respective stations, and then Shinsuke loses his mind attacking security, even powerbombing one of them through the table in the ring.

SAnitY (Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton) over Kota Ibushi & TJ Perkins in a second round match for the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

TJP eats a beatdown from SAnitY after the match, but Shinsuke Nakamura makes the save and ends the taping, so likely a dark segment.

- So is Thea Trinidad actually signed?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Muddy Burphy posted:

Roderick Strong

I'm so happy

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
How lovely were his boots

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
This was a logical way to debut Roddy but I hope he ditches that geek Aries and gets to go solo before too long. He should break Nakamura's lovely old man back.

e: Sure seems like they're building to DIY winning the tournament with the Revival faking injury to get out of wrestling them.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

RealFoxy posted:

It doesn't help that anyone that they were grooming before to take on Asuka got called up to the main roster. The brand split really hosed up the woman's division all around. They really should have put all the woman on one show and the tag teams on another. Then they wouldn't have had to call up every woman to the main roster and have dissapointing feuds in both divisions on both shows.

We could go on about how they shouldn't be keeping people like Bayley, Asuka, Nakamura, Joe, Itami, etc. down in Florida wrestling in front of 400 people when they should be on the main roster, many from day one. Personally I'd love to see NXT go back to a purely developmental promotion. Now it being RoH lite doesn't do a ton for me anymore.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Billie still needs some ring work but she's found a character that works for her, and Peyton is solid but needs to refine her character, which makes putting them together a really good idea. Nikki Cross will probably still get a major push and I think Sanity is going to elevate her status, not hinder it.

I hope they use Daria more on TV, she was really impressive in her first televised match and her MMA background makes her a more credible threat.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
are Aries and Thea married now or are they still in the promise ring phase

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Grozz Nuy posted:

He should break Nakamura's lovely old man back.
He's only 3 three years older than Roddy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

are Aries and Thea married now or are they still in the promise ring phase

#AskQuestions

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tommy End, Big Damo, and Mary Dobson were at the TV taping last night. As was less known Texas indie talent Victoria Gonzalez. They are part of the new NXT class starting next week.

Candice, Aerial Monroe and Su Yung were at it too. They are a combination of wifes/girlfriends that are also on the WWE radar.

Marina Shafir was there too supporting Roderick Strong.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Candice, Aerial Monroe and Su Yung were at it too. They are a combination of wifes/girlfriends that are also on the WWE radar.

Who's Su Yung dating? Last time I heard her name she was dating Lawler which stuck in my mind as the jokes write themselves.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

super macho dude posted:

He's only 3 three years older than Roddy.

I don't see how that changes anything that I said

Baron Corbyn posted:

Who's Su Yung dating? Last time I heard her name she was dating Lawler which stuck in my mind as the jokes write themselves.

Rich Swann, dunno if they're engaged or not but they've been together for a pretty long time now iirc

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Baron Corbyn posted:

I know she's dating Rich Swann, but they might be engaged at this point.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dusty Memorial Tournament Round 2 Matches - 10/28 San Jose, CA

TM61 defeats Roderick Strong and Austin Aries - Aries came out and showed off his busted eye and gave TM61 the chance to forfeit. Regal comes out and offers TM61 a chance to have one of them face Roddy 1 on 1, winner's team advances. TM61 won with a distraction roll up

Authors of Pain defeat No Way Jose and Rich Swann

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Lame

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TM61 do absolutely nothing for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert