Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

MisterBibs posted:

People who don't have their orders ready when they get to the front of the line at a fast food place.

"Okay, so we'll have a Meal 1 (oh wait, does that include this and that? No? Okay, so we'll have This and That, and a burger (wait, I want mayo, make that a This with mayo), and then :words: :words: :words:"

The dude always seems appreciative when I'm next, and all I want is a plain cheeseburger and a small fry.

I get a little smug when I go somewhere and my order is like, plain coffee or a hamburger or whatever. :smug: I am here every week, thank you very much.

e: :mad: When I go to take a shower or a bath and we're out of water.

e2: Hot water, specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
gently caress fast food drive-throughs that don't have a menu sign you can look at while you're waiting for the person in front of you to order.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was standing maybe 10 feet back from the registers at a fast food place thinkin about what to order and got asked every 30 seconds if I wanted to order. I know how this works, I will step forward when I know what I want. Maybe give me a minute or two?

e:

When co-workers go straight to the Owner instead of just talking to the person that manages The Thing. Owner is now going to get upset with the new girl even though its technically the 1st co-worker's fault in the first place.

KoB has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Oct 11, 2016

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

MisterBibs posted:

People who don't have their orders ready when they get to the front of the line at a fast food place.

"Okay, so we'll have a Meal 1 (oh wait, does that include this and that? No? Okay, so we'll have This and That, and a burger (wait, I want mayo, make that a This with mayo), and then :words: :words: :words:"

The dude always seems appreciative when I'm next, and all I want is a plain cheeseburger and a small fry.

In fairness the menu in every McDonalds I've ever been in was at the front and could be hard to see especially if there's another queue in the way. My annoyance with McDonalds is them not telling you what's in their stuff. I was halfway through ordering a wrap when I noticed the picture of said wrap on the wall appeared to have a piece of tomato in it. Dodged a bullet. I have no idea why people like tomatoes; they look loving alien.

Also, I've complained before about food being discontinued including the bacon cheeseburger and what have MacDonalds have brought out recently? The bacon lettuce and chicken! Why not just replace one the burgers in a double cheeseburger with the bacon slices? And leave the gherkins out because gently caress them.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Why go to McDonald's at all if not for one of their more iconic items? I get having a craving for a Big Mac or maybe even a Fish Sandwich or McRib, I definitely go in for a Big Mac once or twice a year myself, but if I don't know exactly what I want I'm sure as hell not going to McDonald's to stare at their menu while I figure it out.

It just seems like if you don't really know what you want there are a lot more diverse and better options that McDonald's

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

KoB posted:

When co-workers go straight to the Owner instead of just talking to the person that manages The Thing. Owner is now going to get upset with the new girl even though its technically the 1st co-worker's fault in the first place.

Tying into this - office politics of any kind and people being punished for bringing up legitimate problems in the workplace. Several people left my last job because of bullshit "leadership" decisions and getting treated like crap for trying to fix problems. Case in point: we had a fleet of company cars and everyone had a company card to use for gas and work expenses. For several months, people had a bad habit of never filling the cars up because they were too goddamn lazy to take 5 minutes to enter a receipt into the credit card site for accounting. This led to several people (myself included) talking to management about it almost constantly, and it ended up going like this:

- Talk to direct manager about problem, manager brings it to higher ups
- Higher ups say they'll "look into it", nothing happens
- People get more frustrated, keep asking manager what's up
- He goes back to higher ups, repeat step 2
- Chatter goes on in work IM channels about the same issue and nothing being done
- Higher ups get wind of it, decide to start punishing people who complain
- Emails go out to all company staff basically saying "stop complaining and making waves"
- Problem continues, employees get frustrated about it and other unaddressed problems
- Around 35% of company staff end up giving their 2 weeks or resigning on the spot over the course of 7-8 months
- Several people who resigned or quit make a point to directly mention higher ups not giving a poo poo, so why should they?
- Higher ups freak out and bitch about not being able to retain quality employees

I was one of few people who quit on the spot when I found another job and didn't bother with an exit interview. Company starts circling the drain and eventually gets bought by another larger company. No idea what happened after that but I'm glad that place technically doesn't exist any more :v:

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
^^^ That is EXACTLY what is going on at my workplace right now. It's making me crazy. We also keep having an issue where employees will bring up and issue to the supervisors, who bring it up to their managers, who bring it up to the top-level managers... who then say "well that can't be a real problem because we haven't had any employees complaining to us about it so we're not going to do anything about it." Even though they explicitly hate it when employees talk straight to top-level management without running through the proper chain of command.

Related peeve: my team manager is absolute poo poo. She has a habit of nodding and agreeing to things I tell her (like "Sam called to tell you something urgent and is on line 3" or "There's $600 in this drawer that you need to pick up ASAP") and then immediately loving forgetting, and denying all knowledge of it later. This has led to me getting written up more than once, because she absolutely will not admit that the fault might be with her. I should get a loving tape recorder for our conversations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Death Zebra posted:

In fairness the menu in every McDonalds I've ever been in was at the front and could be hard to see especially if there's another queue in the way.
I wish fast food chains would just have printed menus like other take-away places do so you could grab one and get out of the way while you decide what you want. I hate standing at the counter squinting up at the menu trying to figure out what they actually sell. Also, a lot of times they seem to just list the combos and specials rather than the individual items, so it's even harder to tell what's available and what it costs.

Inspector 34 posted:

Why go to McDonald's at all if not for one of their more iconic items? I get having a craving for a Big Mac or maybe even a Fish Sandwich or McRib, I definitely go in for a Big Mac once or twice a year myself, but if I don't know exactly what I want I'm sure as hell not going to McDonald's to stare at their menu while I figure it out.

It just seems like if you don't really know what you want there are a lot more diverse and better options that McDonald's
I've never been to McDonald's by choice. It's either been the only option nearby (either because it's the middle of nowhere or because it's 5am) or because I was with friends and they wanted to go there. So yeah, I'm going to need to see a menu, because I don't know what McDonald's sells.

(Actually I have been there enough now to know to order just chicken nuggets because everything else is awful, but the same applies at other fast food places, because I certainly don't know what KFC or Red Rooster or Hungry Jack's sell)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nettles Coterie posted:

^^^ That is EXACTLY what is going on at my workplace right now. It's making me crazy. We also keep having an issue where employees will bring up and issue to the supervisors, who bring it up to their managers, who bring it up to the top-level managers... who then say "well that can't be a real problem because we haven't had any employees complaining to us about it so we're not going to do anything about it." Even though they explicitly hate it when employees talk straight to top-level management without running through the proper chain of command.

Related peeve: my team manager is absolute poo poo. She has a habit of nodding and agreeing to things I tell her (like "Sam called to tell you something urgent and is on line 3" or "There's $600 in this drawer that you need to pick up ASAP") and then immediately loving forgetting, and denying all knowledge of it later. This has led to me getting written up more than once, because she absolutely will not admit that the fault might be with her. I should get a loving tape recorder for our conversations.

Email?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Nettles Coterie posted:

The only solution to this kind of problem is to cover your rear end in paper. Every thing you tell her, tell her again in an email ("just following up"). Everything she tells you, send an email asking for confirmation ("Just want to make sure I understand, you asked me to do X, Y, Z, is this correct?") The sociopaths will never respond and will find ways to jerk you around anyway. The ones with no memory might actually respond decently. Either way, you can protest any disciplinary action with actual proof that you weren't in the wrong (which often won't save you because management is a good-old-boys club and you're just a peasant, know your place peasant).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I hate when I'm sick (it was pinkeye two weeks ago, it's some bad coughing spells now) and my coworkers or my mom keep harping on stupid questions. How are you feeling? Does your head hurt? I cough and hack a reply....cue ten minutes of stupid banter about how I need to drink some hot tea or coffee or this odd home remedy. While I stand there and try to politely indicate I don't care and am going to head for home or go to bed.

I got off work early yesterday, came home, dosed on meds, and collapsed in bed. My mom came in an hour later, prattling on and asking me why I was asleep and why I was in bed and do I not feel okay and why did I put the hard rolls in the mouse food pile because she just bought those and OH she went to the store and brought some yummy pumpkin spice cupcakes and cereal and do I want some? While I am trying to wake up amid coughing solid bits out.

I clearly am not feeling good! I don't need you to shake me the gently caress awake and ask if I want to try a cupcake!

Along those lines, even the non-drowsy meds kick me on my rear end, so I can't take those unless I am going back to bed. But my boss and coworkers insist that they're fine and why don't I just use half a dose and....? Fucker, I know my body more than you do! Do you really want me driving a loving company vehicle while I am under the influence of loving cough syrup?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

When you multiply one number by another, the operation is not called "timesing".

Increasing the height of something is not "hiring".

Mils and millimeters are not interchangeable.

Gallon and percent are not "basically the same thing".

All of my co-workers. Every fuckin' day.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

When you multiply one number by another, the operation is not called "timesing".

I'm guilty of this one when I'm feeling particularly lazy, but...

Gallon and percent are not "basically the same thing".

:lol:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Also minusing. You multiply and subtract, not times and minus. I'm sure some mouthbreather out there has also said he has plussed two numbers together.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Master Twig posted:

I'm sure some mouthbreather out there has also said he has plussed two numbers together.

*is nonplussed*

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Along those lines, even the non-drowsy meds kick me on my rear end, so I can't take those unless I am going back to bed. But my boss and coworkers insist that they're fine and why don't I just use half a dose and....? Fucker, I know my body more than you do! Do you really want me driving a loving company vehicle while I am under the influence of loving cough syrup?

Check which ones you're actually getting - I used to have the same problem with certain cold meds that had specific antihistamines (like chlorpheniramine) and it would make me super drowsy within an hour or so. Once I switched to meds without the antihistamine, it was great and I could stay awake and concentrate.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

I hate when I'm sick (it was pinkeye two weeks ago, it's some bad coughing spells now) and my coworkers or my mom keep harping on stupid questions. How are you feeling? Does your head hurt? I cough and hack a reply....cue ten minutes of stupid banter about how I need to drink some hot tea or coffee or this odd home remedy. While I stand there and try to politely indicate I don't care and am going to head for home or go to bed.

Yeah, in general it is really annoying when you feel bad and people won't leave you alone. I think in some cases it is due to people having difference preferences (some people prefer to have others around when they feel bad) and not being willing to listen and understand that others may not feel the same way.

edit: It's actually a really good example of why "treat others the way you would want to be treated" is a pretty dumb moral. You should treat others the way they want to be treated, not just project your own desires onto them.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I love my grandmother but every god damned summer she asks me how I'm doing like a hundred times a week. I'm 99% sure I have summer depression, so the answer is always "not well." I'm sleep-deprived, irritated, antsy, my appetite is non-existent, and I'm basically just struggling to get through life without losing my poo poo every second of every god damned day.

She'll text me, "How are you? It's super hot today!" How the gently caress do you think I'm doing? And I can't be like, "loving miserable, thanks for asking" because that's mean. She'll text me even more on especially hot days or during heat waves. I get that she's concerned, but like, I don't know what response she expects/wants, and I'm already on edge way more than usual on account of the heat, so it just wears on my already considerably frayed nerves.

Making this post reminded me to shoot her a text though, so that's something. :unsmith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Along those lines, my dad is horrible when it comes to texts or phone calls. He will first text me. If I don't reply right away, he calls my cell. No answer within five minutes, he calls my home number. Because CLEARLY IF I AM NOT ABLE TO REPLY WITHIN FIVE MINUTES SOMETHING IS WRONG. Like I'm asleep or in the shower or working, you rear end in a top hat!

I have picked up my phone to find three missed texts and missed calls, then voicemails demanding I call him back, and the home phone has 2-3 answering machine messages urging me to call him right away. When I finally do....he wants to know how I'm doing. That was the big emergency.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My mom does that and heavenly poo poo that's the worst thing I can think of a person doing. If I didn't answer the text or call, I am busy. Or don't want to give a poo poo about you at the moment. My mom even makes a huge deal about it like *I* am inconveniencing *her*. The gently caress?

Also mother related: No you can't have my work number and/or the number of my best friends. Why do you need them? No it is super not normal to ask for those numbers, I am 33 years old. I promise I won't have such a tragic accident that the ems or whatever can't find my emergency contact information.

Moms are weird, yo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wish my grandma would text me but she's dead. Both of them.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My Grandmother texts me, but it's always either "watermelon that band super recipe your dingo" cause she's unsure of how lockscreens or pockets work, or it's a fifteen page screed about Obama.

I wouldn't prefer the dead Grandmother, but she's pushing it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My username (that I got in the GBS name change thread), as seen in the 'thread killed by' section, cuts off at 'tonig'

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Cowslips Warren posted:

Along those lines, my dad is horrible when it comes to texts or phone calls. He will first text me. If I don't reply right away, he calls my cell. No answer within five minutes, he calls my home number. Because CLEARLY IF I AM NOT ABLE TO REPLY WITHIN FIVE MINUTES SOMETHING IS WRONG. Like I'm asleep or in the shower or working, you rear end in a top hat!

I have picked up my phone to find three missed texts and missed calls, then voicemails demanding I call him back, and the home phone has 2-3 answering machine messages urging me to call him right away. When I finally do....he wants to know how I'm doing. That was the big emergency.

I went on a date with a guy who did this to me. One date.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

YeahTubaMike posted:

I went on a date with a guy who did this to me. One date.

I always associate that behavior with the dreaded "nice guys", working themselves up into a teary mess because their female acquaintance they have a thing for missed her nightly check-in and isnt answering their 500 texts. Then when they end up being fine they act like they have been through a terrible ordeal when in reality they did it entirely to themselves so they can point to it later as evidence of how much they ~care~.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm sure it's been said a billion times already but people who play their music super loud on the train/bus/restaurant/whatever public place.

BUT this time they have external speakers for their phone or a boom box and are blasting their music. I have 30 more minutes of this poo poo. And it's that women by female singers that supposed to be ~inspiring~ for sad girls. "Ur so beatifidul inside" *overused song pattern*

God I hate all of these songs. I should counter- blast TOOL: FUUUUCK YOU BUDDY!!! (Those are the lyrics)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do people still listen to Tool after high school

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm sure it's been said a billion times already but people who play their music super loud on the train/bus/restaurant/whatever public place.

BUT this time they have external speakers for their phone or a boom box and are blasting their music. I have 30 more minutes of this poo poo. And it's that women by female singers that supposed to be ~inspiring~ for sad girls. "Ur so beatifidul inside" *overused song pattern*

God I hate all of these songs. I should counter- blast TOOL: FUUUUCK YOU BUDDY!!! (Those are the lyrics)

that'd be bad rear end

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Do people still listen to Tool after high school

According to every guy I've dated, yes. "But Puscifer is Maynard's REAL poo poo. Have you even heard The Humbling River? Change your life, forever!" *listens to every poo poo song Maynard farted out until they can't hear through the blood pooling in their ears*

And that's why I date women now.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

I once got stuck in a traffic jam on a crowded bus with a guy who wouldn't stop singing...and he did so loudly and crappily. The bastard was drowning out my music and I was listening to death metal.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a dry, flakey scalp, and the skin cells at my hairline decide to regularly leap from my hairline onto my glasses.

Skin is oily even when you have dry skin, so cleaning them isn't just a quick wipe. No, it smuges. So you clean them properly, and things are fine.

For a while.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Oct 15, 2016

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I feel like half an hour after my appointment time is a bit long even for a doctors surgery. At least I get phone reception here now.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm a pretty solid FTP kind of guy and generally not on board with snitching, but goddamn I would report every single motherfucker that doesn't slow down for a construction zone if it actually meant they would get ticketed. Doubly so for the particularly heinous breed of fuckwits that do so yet drive slow in normal traffic zones.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

If there was a hotline and a cellphone Gestapo that came around and gave you a ticket for being on your cellphone while driving, I would dial them every, goddamn,day.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

"veggie"

Not vegetables not veg not even veggies

Should we have some veggie with dinner.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I have a dry, flakey scalp, and the skin cells at my hairline decide to regularly leap from my hairline onto my glasses.

Skin is oily even when you have dry skin, so cleaning them isn't just a quick wipe. No, it smuges. So you clean them properly, and things are fine.

For a while.

I finally got this poo poo under control (scalp and face!! I have glasses too) after half a goddamn decade and I hope you can, too :(

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

teenytinymouse posted:

"veggie"

Not vegetables not veg not even veggies

Should we have some veggie with dinner.

Reminds me of people who use prejudice as an adjective.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You are so bias

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Defiantly the worse case scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

You are so bias

This seems like it's getting more common. Terrible.