Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

It's okay, she's venomous not poisonous.

That doesn't help if you eat the venom sac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

That doesn't help if you eat the venom sac.
Kind of want this as a thread subtitle

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Woebin posted:

I wish comics just accepted the subtext as text already, let Bats & Supes be bisexual so they can retain their history without hamfistedly revealing it all to be an act like Iceman.

Bisexual men?! In my comic book about flying aliens punching robots in the face? Too unrealistic.

I'm bi

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Choco1980 posted:

Bisexual men?! In my comic book about flying aliens punching robots in the face? Too unrealistic.

I'm bi

Isn't Noh-Varr down with both the gentlemen and the ladies? I thought I read that somewhere.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

prefect posted:

Isn't Noh-Varr down with both the gentlemen and the ladies? I thought I read that somewhere.

He spent years on an exploration ship. The "exploration" wasn't just in the "discovering the cosmos" sense. I don't know if he's bi, but he's fooled around.

Source: Young Avengers

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From Unbelievable Gwenpool #7.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

prefect posted:

I was mostly making a joke about how most of the straight and gay communities don't like to admit to themselves that bi men actually exist, but that's actually really cool to know!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

biracial bear for uncut posted:

You can't post that without including the context for her getting her mask onto her head without compromising her secret identity:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Pureauthor posted:

You can't post that without including the context for her getting her mask onto her head without compromising her secret identity:

Same

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Speaking of Gwenpool, I thought this was cute.
https://twitter.com/Gurihiru/status/786404841744498688?s=09

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The "unbelievers" at the end is fantastic. Is that something they usually say?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

The "unbelievers" at the end is fantastic. Is that something they usually say?

Nah, the blurb at the beginning of the issue had her referring to the readers as "true believers".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For those that are unaware, Stan Lee refers to the Marvel fandom as "True Believers."

If Stan had started a cult/religion the members would be known as True Believers.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

If Stan had started a cult/religion the members would be known as True Believers.

And prayers would be ended by saying Excelsior!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hey there, True Bereavers! I'm Stam Free! Excalibur!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Rhyno posted:

For those that are unaware, Stan Lee refers to the Marvel fandom as "True Believers."

I haven't kept up with his twitter in years: does he still think he's leading an army? He kept giving out ranks and promoting people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

prefect posted:

And prayers would be ended by saying Excelsior!

Yes!

Uthor posted:

I haven't kept up with his twitter in years: does he still think he's leading an army? He kept giving out ranks and promoting people.

I have no idea but the TB thing is an old thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Most of Stan Lee's catchphrases date back over four decades or more. Dude is old.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kwyndig posted:

Most of Stan Lee's catchphrases date back over four decades or more. Dude is old.

Your face is old.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pureauthor posted:

Wasn't she unmasked and mug shotted by the police anyway?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anything good to post from the new Great Lakes Avengers? I'm curious about how funny it is.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Uthor posted:

Maybe he was having flashbacks to the Merry Marvel Marching Society years.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Selachian posted:

Maybe he was having flashbacks to the Merry Marvel Marching Society years.

Or F.O.O.M.!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Great Lakes Avengers #1

Don't you get it? He has pitchfork hands, y'see.

GLA #1 stole my totally sweet gamer name <😡>

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PenguinKnight posted:

Great Lakes Avengers #1

Don't you get it? He has pitchfork hands, y'see.

GLA #1 stole my totally sweet gamer name <😡>

Darth_Vaper is better (do not steal)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Glass houses, Spidey.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'll watch Ant-Man and Age of Ultron back to back before I rewatch Dawn of Justice.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What about Amazing Spider-Man 2, though?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pretty sure Spidey traded away his awkward relationship with Carlie Cooper to wipe that movie away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Pretty sure Spidey traded away his awkward relationship with Carlie Cooper to wipe that movie away.

i don't think deals with the devil are supposed to be win/win

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So apparently, Spidey Super Stories canonically exists in the marvel universe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lurdiak posted:

I'll watch Ant-Man and Age of Ultron back to back before I rewatch Dawn of Justice.

:agreed: I mean bitch all you want about Iron Man 2, I'd rather watch that over any of the three DC movie we got so far.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Iron Man 2 only has two major problems, and one isn't even a problem unless you were a big dumb baby who wasn't used to shared continuity in a movie back in 2010.

The DC movies are practically a masterclass in how to mismanage a franchise.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Iron Man 2 only has two major problems, and one isn't even a problem unless you were a big dumb baby who wasn't used to shared continuity in a movie back in 2010.

The DC movies are practically a masterclass in how to mismanage a franchise.

Can you elaborate as to what the problems are and which isn't a problem? I personally thoroughly enjoyed IM2 overall.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wyntyr posted:

Can you elaborate as to what the problems are and which isn't a problem? I personally thoroughly enjoyed IM2 overall.

The biggest core problem with IM2 is that it suffers from a tremendously obvious script rewrite.

The film is setting up for Tony having to come to terms with the fact that his father was not the idealized person that Tony thought he was and for Tony's development, flaws and eventual resolution to revolve around that. The reactor killing him inside due to its imperfection was pretty symbolic of that. Tony's dad DID steal the invention and DID take credit for it and now Tony has to grow up and come to terms with that. Instead, probably because Howard Stark was set up for Captain America, they walked it back and had it be revealed that Tony's dad was perfect all along and also he pre-invented the magic cure for Tony's illness. As such the film removes the major crisis from Tony and instead makes it Tony Was Right All Along And So Awesome, which utterly defangs the film.

Even if you don't feel the 'shared universe' stuff drags the film down, that blatant script rewrite basically devalues the rest of the film because it makes everyone shallower and less interesting.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What Imp said.

Even then the film has Mickey Rourke making the most out of what he's got, Geddy Tartakovsky choreographing the action scenes, the battery poisoning acting as the closest stand-in for alcoholism and subsequent self-destructing hedonism we'll ever get in an Iron Man movie, and Sam loving Rockwell doing a wannabe Tony Stark.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

mind the walrus posted:

What Imp said.

Even then the film has Mickey Rourke making the most out of what he's got, Geddy Tartakovsky choreographing the action scenes, the battery poisoning acting as the closest stand-in for alcoholism and subsequent self-destructing hedonism we'll ever get in an Iron Man movie, and Sam loving Rockwell doing a wannabe Tony Stark.

I was about to make the Sam Rockwell point.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If there is a single villain they need to bring back in any capacity it is Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer. They've already got Hammer stuff going on in Luke Cage, he made the cameo in All Hail the King, just bring him back as... I don't know the tech guy for the Thunderbolts or an arms dealer for Hammerhead in Spider-Man or loving anything he can be some goddamn Kree love slave in Captain Marvel just bring that glorious bastard back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I reckon somewhere in the multiverse, there's a world where instead of writing comics, Stan Lee became this sort of East Coast L. Ron Hubbard and started up a moneymaking religion racket.