Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Dum Cumpster posted:

If squats paused at your sticking point break your knees you probably had a garbage body anyway

If I didn't have a garbage body I would not have made the life choices that lead me to register an account on the Something Awful forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FedEx Mercury posted:

If I didn't have a garbage body I would not have made the life choices that lead me to register an account on the Something Awful forums.

This is something we should all consider more often

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Every body is garbage once it hits 30.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

FedEx Mercury posted:

I've also been squeezing my glutes super hard lately and feeling pops. Is it normal for tailbone to pop?

Fix your bracing patterns and it'll stop doing that.

naem
May 29, 2011

FedEx Mercury posted:

some of us have garbage personalities instead

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im not garbage, mom says im great

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Went to the gym and it's empty except for me

Mbisonyes

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Went to the gym and it's empty except for me

Mbisonyes

I'm getting tired of Short Hoodie Guy and Taller Hoodie Guy Who Follows Him hogging 5 stations at a time doing supersets at the same time I am there every morning.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

bulimia in a wrapper

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

bone app the teeth posted:

bulimia in a wrapper

You don't even have to stick your finger in!

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

naem posted:

some of us have garbage personalities instead

i have both

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm a bdad persond

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Hit a new PR at 190lb bench for three reps. Awesome :getin:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pesmerga posted:

Hit a new PR at 190lb bench for three reps. Awesome :getin:

Can I spot you bro

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been "bulking" for a bit and I'm up to 233lbs now (6'2")

Can someone do some quick math at calorie goals to stay around the same weight but drop around 5%fat.

Shedding weight is easy for me but it always takes muscle with it :(

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
What kind of stretch are you supposed to do when your hip joint hurts, its getting hard to twerk

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ElGroucho posted:

What kind of stretch are you supposed to do when your hip joint hurts, its getting hard to twerk

There's tons of stretches you can do, it's a highly complex joint. Personally i like the butterfly stretch, but rather than trying to bring your knees down just focus on leaning your body forward to open up the pelvic area.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

jonathan posted:

Can someone do some quick math at calorie goals to stay around the same weight but drop around 5%fat.

No

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FedEx Mercury posted:

There's tons of stretches you can do, it's a highly complex joint. Personally i like the butterfly stretch, but rather than trying to bring your knees down just focus on leaning your body forward to open up the pelvic area.

Thats so hot

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Also pelvic floor PT

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Don't you mean peepee?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ever been choked until you fill your pants with poo poo ? Steven Seagull has.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Can I spot you bro

Hells yeah, you're my fire-fightin' gym idol!

Plus I'm getting to the stage where bench-pressing is making me fear for my life.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

Thats so hot

What the hell, you think I'm going to keep letting you walk around without Chucky S on your avatar?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

jonathan posted:

Only you know your TDEE. Track your weight and how many calories you're eating for a week or two.

If you have that information already and post then people could tell you, but the "5% fat" part is irrelevant.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my right wrist hurts something fierce when i have it palm up. cant put weight on it when palm up. every other position is fine. resorting to hammer and cable curls.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like sciatica

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

my right wrist hurts something fierce when i have it palm up. cant put weight on it when palm up. every other position is fine. resorting to hammer and cable curls.
Does it hurt on the part below the pinky? If so, try tilting your wrist slightly back and see if it helps. You could also angle your hand slightly like a hybrid between hammer and normal but just a slight shift to hammer style.

If it just hurts period then don't listen to that advice. I was somehow moving my wrist slightly with my right hand while curling and had to compensate with those two things for a few weeks until it went away. My right wrist also has significantly more flexibility than my left so when I was learning to lift I had big issues with it being in exaggerated positions compared to the left.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Been doing wrist curls with 35 pound dumbbells forever (months) and could do 25 reps/3 sets easily. I finally moved up to 40s and GODDAM left wrist hurts...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

Does it hurt on the part below the pinky? If so, try tilting your wrist slightly back and see if it helps. You could also angle your hand slightly like a hybrid between hammer and normal but just a slight shift to hammer style.

If it just hurts period then don't listen to that advice. I was somehow moving my wrist slightly with my right hand while curling and had to compensate with those two things for a few weeks until it went away. My right wrist also has significantly more flexibility than my left so when I was learning to lift I had big issues with it being in exaggerated positions compared to the left.

Palm up, the pain in on the left side of my right wrist. Can't support weight at this position. I benched and did overhead presses last night with no pain whatsoever. :confused:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Palm up, the pain in on the left side of my right wrist. Can't support weight at this position. I benched and did overhead presses last night with no pain whatsoever. :confused:
Yeah, I would describe that as the place I was talking about. It's often from unintentionally involving your wrist in curling or some similar use of it. If you can still hammer curl/bench/ohp fine it sounds exactly like what happened to me.

Intentionally leaning your wrist back slightly while supinated and/or intentionally rotating it slightly like 1/10th of a hammer curl rotation should make it painless.

ATHLEAN-X has a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl_GlQJPy8Q

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 14, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's also one of the few stretches you can bounce. If you can't push your knees all the way down, just kinda bounce 'em up and down. It'll still stretch your hips.

Bent over rows today with box jumps + cable finishers.
Swimming again tomorrow.

Life is hell gym. Let's do this.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
concept2 rowers are one of the best pieces of equipment in the whole gym but after about 2 minutes on one of them I always start second guessing my form like yeah I'm getting a workout but am I really doing this right? Like at all? Am I scrunching over too much? Am I driving enough with my legs or am I relying too much on my arms/back? Why did I get on this machine I hope I'm not making a fool of myself

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
row machine is the only non pussy cardio machine.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Seen a 1kg increase after finishing a cut and going back to maintenance. This is just water-weight, right? :ohdear:

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
its all greasy yellow fat exactly where you don't want it

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Winnie the poo poo posted:

its all greasy yellow fat exactly where you don't want it

Nooooooooooo :unsmigghh:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Is it the outside/ulnar portion? I don't really have help but thats where mine hurt when i hurt it from doing too many straight curls. Like it would feel fine in a neutral position and as I supinated it it was a sort of sharp pain on the outside. I didn't curl for a couple of weeks and now it feels better but I'm sticking to hammer curls myself atm.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

proof of concept posted:

concept2 rowers are one of the best pieces of equipment in the whole gym but after about 2 minutes on one of them I always start second guessing my form like yeah I'm getting a workout but am I really doing this right? Like at all? Am I scrunching over too much? Am I driving enough with my legs or am I relying too much on my arms/back? Why did I get on this machine I hope I'm not making a fool of myself

What the hell dude, rowing is so simple. Legs, back, arms. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
hey you guys wanna go kayaking today? NAH GOTTA GYM BRO

*rows for several hours*