Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

PT6A posted:

Jerry Falwell Jr. is being on CNN right now and it boggles the loving mind how a self-proclaimed Christian can support a person who's obviously done terrible things, and has expressed essentially no remorse.

That runs in the family. Remember that his dad is the reason the religious right is a relatively organized voting bloc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/786594987924295680

quote:

Scoop: @SeanHannity was going to interview Trump today. But Trump just CANCELLED

No stamina.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PT6A posted:

Jerry Falwell Jr. is being on CNN right now and it boggles the loving mind how a self-proclaimed Christian can support a person who's obviously done terrible things, and has expressed essentially no remorse.

What the loving hell is wrong with these people? These jackasses aren't the ignorant, poorly-educated people who are duped into voting against their own interests, they are intelligent (although obviously evil) people who are literally selling out everything they profess to believe in.

Trump promised to get rid of the Johnson amendment (I might be getting the terminology wrong) that disallows religious organizations from being tax exempt if they get political with their actions.

That's all they want.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Trump really is trying to make this a test to see how badly bigly an election can be lost by a major party candidate in the 21st Century.

I don't think one of those wonderful 486-52 EV lolocausts is possible anymore, but how low can the popular vote for Trump really go? Can it get below 40%? :iiam:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

2spooky4me posted:

This is their Hail Mary to secure the Supreme Court and stop the gayroller from squishing their disingenuous ideas about religious freedom.

I'm not even sure it's that. Maybe the constituency would go for dying on the hill of suppressing rights but this election has shown that an astoundingly large number of conservatives have absolutely no principals beyond doing whatever it takes to win or get their next paycheck.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Christianity is a great scam to those people because it's both a way to get access to a huge amount of marks while also being respectable enough that news agencies will give you the benefit of the doubt about your intentions.

Archonex posted:

I'm not even sure it's that. Maybe the constituency would go for dying on the hill of suppressing rights but this election has shown that an astoundingly large number of conservatives have absolutely no principals beyond doing whatever it takes to win or get their next paycheck.

Yeah it's been clear for a while that the price for burning the country to the ground is probably a month's paycheck to them but they are really just going all in on this one without any sort of attempt to white wash their evil.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

It is deeply satisfying that the Republican party, which set the standard for attacking President's for sex scandals with Bill Clinton's impeachment, are now going down with a nominee facing charges for the same kind of behavior (or worse, depending on which stories you believe). And they are running against the wife of the president they attacked, who became more popular because of their attacks.

In case anyone else was having trouble keeping up with the allegations against Trump:
http://jezebel.com/a-list-of-women-who-have-accused-donald-trump-of-sexual-1787737533

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Trump is going to go hold a strategy meeting with Ratko Mladic instead.

Edit: Kosovo has a Bill Clinton statue so obviously Donnie is jelly.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I am really hoping the location is a coincidence, because one of the new accusers from yesterday gave her story to the Palm Beach Post. If he's going after her personally, or the paper...

Also:
https://twitter.com/jdelreal/status/786593650788610048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
THE REAL RACIST

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 13, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skinty McEdger posted:

You know how god works in mysterious ways? They think Trump is the mysterious way.

As long as he gets them what they want they will support him regardless of whatever poo poo he does along the way.

The funny part about this: Excepting Cyrus the Great, usually the person God is using as a mysterious way is an outside king who is going to gently caress the people up because they've broken the covenant and caused Trouble. This is actually a big part of where Judaism morphed out of a Henotheistic (Only worship one god, consider him the best, but acknowledge others exist) to a monotheistic religion as the elites in captivity in Babylon who wanted to keep to their religion had to invent reasons their god was not, in fact, owned when Marduk's followers conquered their country and ritually took the spoils of the temple to show they'd captured Yahweh. So they came up with the idea that the Babylonians were allowed to win by God to punish the kingdom of Judea for its sins.

In other words, the usual precedent for an outsider/non-believer who is going to be used as God's instrument is as the iron rod of His anger. They are walking right the gently caress into this one with Trump.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

You'd think a twelve year old article would be the only one he'd be interested in.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Hey everyone, I'm still catching up, but if you are sick and tired of the two incompetent candidates at the top of the Republican and Democratic tickets (not to mention the Libertarian and Green parties), come over to the Ken Bone Zone to find out about your local write-in candidates for president!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

His Rally tonight in Ohio, so I don't think that the choice of setting is a coincidence.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

You'd think a twelve year old article would be the only one he'd be interested in.
Saying what the people are thinking.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I love waking up to this thread :vince:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Hey guys if you still think Trump is a huge piece of poo poo and you're loving pissed off...

You should do something about it and go here.

Contributions are being matched to give aid to victims of sexual abuse.

If you think Joe Scarborough is a huge piece of poo poo, do this to spite him, thank you~

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Suffolk U poll of NC is now Hillary 45%-43%, was 41%-44% Trump at start of September, B+ rating and +3R adjusted on 538. Post debate, pre-latest groping.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

Suffolk U poll of NC is now Hillary 45%-43%, was 41%-44% Trump at start of September, B+ rating and +3R adjusted on 538. Post debate, pre-latest groping.

I remember when that first +3 Suffolk poll came out in September and people were like 'Oh man actually that's one to worry about...'

Ahahahaha!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Casimir Radon posted:

Making excuses for the Milosevic regime used to be a really fringe position. Jesus Christ.

Particularly strange given that Slobodan tried to subdue his wife's home country in 1991 when she was 21. I'm sure she could have adviced Donald on this one matter without consultation from Michelle.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Lastgirl posted:

Hey guys if you still think Trump is a huge piece of poo poo and you're loving pissed off...

You should do something about it and go here.

Contributions are being matched to give aid to victims of sexual abuse.

If you think Joe Scarborough is a huge piece of poo poo, do this to spite him, thank you~

Thanks for this. :unsmith:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-s-campaign-pulling-out-virginia-n665541

Trump's campaign is conceding Virginia.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

The fact that Trump is spewing apologia for greater Serbian nationalism now is making me irrationally angry. Yeah we get it Trump, you hate Muslims and they killed droves of them. Also you love Russia. "I'm sorry that we stopped you from committing a genocide, that was so wrong of us."

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Night10194 posted:

I remember when that first +3 Suffolk poll came out in September and people were like 'Oh man actually that's one to worry about...'

Ahahahaha!

Oh wow, that same poll:

Who do you think is most likely to be elected president?
Clinton 66%
Trump 22%

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

J-Spot posted:

How is Fox leading a debate even a thing? I assumed the debate commission had some sort of standard for choosing moderators.

For the sake of political impartiality and decorum in this country we must all act like Fox News is actually fair and balanced.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
For what it's worth my coworker listens to right-wing talk radio all day and some snippets I've heard today are about the importance of stopping Hillary from implementing her agenda.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JohnCompany posted:

Somewhat effortpost on the libel suit

So this isn't going to be comprehensive, but I think as someone who works in "biglaw" I can read some of the tea leaves and offer my perspective on what things mean and where this is going next.

Excellent post.

Follow up question : What would be the time line for an actual start of case, discovery, depositions, and whatnot? Would there be any action on this before the election?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NomChompsky posted:

The fact that Trump is spewing apologia for greater Serbian nationalism now is making me irrationally angry. Yeah we get it Trump, you hate Muslims and they killed droves of them. Also you love Russia. "I'm sorry that we stopped you from committing a genocide, that was so wrong of us."

This absurd scenario is becoming more believable by the day.

http://boingboing.net/2016/08/02/donald-j-trump-is-the-manc.html

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Trump pulling out of Virginia means he has to run the table in: Ohio, NH, FL, NC, ME 4, NE 1, and Iowa to win.

Polling in FL suggests its getting into VA/CO territory, same with NH.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Feldegast42 posted:

For the sake of political impartiality and decorum in this country we must all act like Fox News is actually fair and balanced.

I can't even parse this election anymore. We went from dogwhistle racism to blatant racism, from subdued sexism to HEY LEFTIES WHY DO YOU NEED CONSENT, from subtly courting neo-Nazis to full-blown support for ethnic cleansing.

The fact that Fox News is going to be forced to become Breitbart-lite or be seen as a wing of the MSM is perhaps the one actually humorous thing that is coming out of this. The rest is so terrifying that whenever I see a Trump/Pence sign in someone's yard I immediately flag them as a Nazi.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trump pulling out of Virginia means he has to run the table in: Ohio, NH, FL, NC, ME 4, NE 1, and Iowa to win.

Either that, or win Pennsylvania.

Trump will not win Pennsylvania.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Polling in FL suggests its getting into VA/CO territory, same with NH.

Trump was NEVER getting Virginia anyway.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Pakled posted:

Hundreds of people have tried to kill Obama and failed. The Secret Service is good at its job.

Hundreds?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Radish posted:

Trump was NEVER getting Virginia anyway.

Yes, but completing conceding it is a different matter. Particularly for downballot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're playing Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding before the rally starts lmao

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yes, but completing conceding it is a different matter. Particularly for downballot.

I feel like VA is pretty segregated. You got NoVA/Richmond/VA Beach (maybe) that are liberal and the rest is very Republican/Tea Party. Not sure it matters much down ballot.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Pulling out of Virginia but still in Pennsylvania. This will obviously work out great for the Trump campaign.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

They're playing Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding before the rally starts lmao

:eyepop:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

canepazzo posted:

Oh wow, that same poll:

Who do you think is most likely to be elected president?
Clinton 66%
Trump 22%

I assume the missing 12% is Gilmentum?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can someone post a stream link? I made sure to take a lunch break for once so I can watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Apraxin posted:

Trump titbits

a perfect typo

• Locked thread