Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Petal is my fave, so raw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Map Change might be the best ETID song since Ebolarama Moor, god drat.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 24, 2016

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Moor is a fanfuckingtastic song and they're right to close with it

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

emdash posted:

Petal is my fave, so raw

It's so good. It's equal parts kicking/punching moshing, and bawling my eyes out.

If anybody is seeing them in Chicago in a couple weeks send me a pm and I'll buy you a beer.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

I have a pretty lackluster first impression to the new album. From Parts Unknown is probably their very best overall album, and I've been so unmotivated to listen to Low Teens. I listened to about half of the album the other morning and nothing stood out at all.

I'll need more time with it, but on first listen, I was unimpressed. I hope to prove myself wrong, though.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
It doesn't make sense that ETID should still be this good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I get to see ETID along with Fit For A King in a few weeks. I'm pumped. Not to mention ABR, ERRA, Silent Planet, and Make Them Suffer next week :hellyeah:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

If anyone wants to hear a little Periphery, but with more manly vocals, here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68k0-Dw1O60

(jokes aside, I don't typically like female metal vocalists, but Lauren Babic is really goddamn good. I do prefer her covers to her band's original stuff, but that's just me.)

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
the new Oathbreaker album is streaming and its sick. their first two albums did nothing for me but this new one is great

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/premiere-oathbreakers-game-changing-new-album-rheia-will-rip-your-heart-out

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheIllestVillain posted:

the new Oathbreaker album is streaming and its sick. their first two albums did nothing for me but this new one is great

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/premiere-oathbreakers-game-changing-new-album-rheia-will-rip-your-heart-out

I really dug Eros | Anteros but there is such a logjam of releases across the music spectrum recently that this is taking a back seat.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
New Oathbreaker is sick. Got a code.

Dream of Janney
Aug 25, 2013

Corsi Enthusiast
Thanks for the download!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

miss knocked loose in nyc right before i moved to la, but they're playing anaheim on sunday so i think i can swing by for that - tight

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
yeah new Oathbreaker is pretty insane. They really defined their sound on this album

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I've never liked Oathbreaker before but this album is pretty dang good.

Thanks for reminding me about ETID, forgot all about this! I'm happy they brought back some of the guitar tones / compression they used on New Junk Aesthetic, that was my favorite album

E: Oh wow, Map Change :swoon:

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 5, 2016

Dirp
May 16, 2007

Dirp fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 24, 2016

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Fine, I'll come out and say it - I'm not enamored with the new ETID. Been listening to the deluxe edition on Spotify, and I just end up tuning it out and very little catches my ear.

I mean, it's not bad or anything, and it's fine to listen to. But I get much more pumped at Hot drat or FPU.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

xZAOx posted:

Fine, I'll come out and say it - I'm not enamored with the new ETID. Been listening to the deluxe edition on Spotify, and I just end up tuning it out and very little catches my ear.

I mean, it's not bad or anything, and it's fine to listen to. But I get much more pumped at Hot drat or FPU.

I'm inclined to agree. It's a great album, but it doesn't really do anything different from their last 2 or 3. Very safe zoney.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Protest the Hero just released the instrumental version of Volition and, holy poo poo, them boys are good.

https://protestthehero.bandcamp.com/album/volition-instrumental

They also put out a remastered version of Kezia and started taking pre-orders for Pacific Myth

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Still haven't listened to any of the Pacific Myth stuff, so I'm pretty excited to hear it when it's finally up on Google Music.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
kezia is one of my favorite albums ever and it desperately needed a remaster

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

xZAOx posted:

It's kind of "same ol, same ol" ETID, but the great songs on it are great.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
dillinger tour starts tonight in Baltimore at Soundstage. :getin:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

emdash posted:

And their album has just leaked.

What a time to be alive. loving fantastic so far.

Got to meet Greg the other day at a black queen concert, and he took photos of my tattoo of him I have on my calf haha.

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 12, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.facebook.com/partysmasherinc

has video of the Baltimore show (which was loving great, everything you'd want from a final tour show)

e: setlist spoiler http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-dillinger-escape-plan/2016/baltimore-sound-stage-baltimore-md-13fd7149.html every track 1 except Fix Your Face

emdash fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 13, 2016

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Calculating Infinity is their only good album and I wouldn't pay and stand around an entire show just to see the outro of their best song at the end. I saw it on the Facebook Live thing and that was good enough for me.

Also, saw Every Time I Die in LA last night and it was awesome as usual. They played some new stuff, though, and as much as I love From Parts Unknown, I haven't even given the new album an entire listen-through. Ah well. Andy Williams is a giant.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Also, saw Every Time I Die in LA last night and it was awesome as usual. They played some new stuff, though, and as much as I love From Parts Unknown, I haven't even given the new album an entire listen-through. Ah well. Andy Williams is a giant.

I'm seeing them Saturday. Did they play Map Change? I want to hear that song live so badly.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dango Bango posted:

I'm seeing them Saturday. Did they play Map Change? I want to hear that song live so badly.

it's in their recent setlists (song order spoiler) as the finale

ShoogaSlim posted:

Calculating Infinity is their only good album and I wouldn't pay and stand around an entire show just to see the outro of their best song at the end. I saw it on the Facebook Live thing and that was good enough for me.

nothing could be more wrong :shrug:

and i was also disappointed to hear only .5 secs of 43% Burnt, but it's a very effective way of marking the end of an era

like any good show in this genre, a big part of the fun is how much the crowd gets into it, and they were wayyy into it

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Map Change rips live. While we're talking about their setlist, I do kinda miss Moor as the closer.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Bruh

https://youtu.be/FXDat5r6WA4

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Nice of them to let the wolfman front their band

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

emdash posted:

it's in their recent setlists (song order spoiler) as the finale

I CANNOT WAIT :getin:

Yep. Still hate all things deathcore.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

I am very much excited for Saturday's show. Even though it's going to destroy my body.

EDIT: poo poo I assume the ETID show in NYC is long sold-out. Have to remember to check that tomorrow. Hey cool I'm seeing ETID on Halloween.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 14, 2016

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Why do bands make music videos of them "playing" with their instruments connected and turned on but the singer doesn't use a mic?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ShoogaSlim posted:

Why do bands make music videos of them "playing" with their instruments connected and turned on but the singer doesn't use a mic?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Every Time I Die. Holy. poo poo. What a show.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
DEP last night was out of hand in the best possible way.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Inspector_666 posted:

DEP last night was out of hand in the best possible way.

I noticed after this Candria video lol

https://www.facebook.com/candiria/videos/10155498193684062/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4l_q-kMYx8&t=42s

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

drat. I think I should go see them play here in LA just for the gently caress of it now. It'll be an experience that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Anyone need a ticket for DEP in Seattle tonight?