Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

I think Dak is above replacement level, but I also think there's 25 guys you could put in that situation and have similar results with that offense even if they make a few dumb throws because they'll also be able to make more complicated reads then what's being asked of 1 month in rookie Dak. You have to go a deeper then 25 QB's before you're hitting Geno Smith but I'd rather sign an injured Charlie Whitehurst then start Geno. Basically, I'm saying that if Stephen was asleep at the switch and Jerry had managed to get away and trade something dumb for Cutler or Mariota or Cousins or Flacco (to pick 4 random guys between the like 10th and 25th best QB's) that they'd probably have similar success to what Dak is doing right now, at least in my humble opinion. Stat wise, Dak is killing it right now, but I bet if he was on the Titans right now, he'd be considered hot garbage.

Cutler maybe; Mariota I doubt. If Dak were on the Titans he'd have a similarly-strong run game and pass protection to work with (currently Murray is destroying it on the ground and the Titans OL are #2 in sack rate) but worse receivers. He'd probably net out OK, and I'd wager he'd do better than Mariota, despite the lack of experience. It's not like Mariota is some seasoned veteran at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Like Miami's offensive line, no one cares.

White noise in action right here

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

guys I am at work trying to learn how to administer our Sharepoint sites and I want to kill myself

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Sharepoint is for assholes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I meant me btw

Keep me in check Gumbel you're a hero

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I've been struggling all morning with SharePoint

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It works as a Nazi joke AND an integration joke!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

I meant me btw

Keep me in check Gumbel you're a hero

Hold on I'm gonna finish this vape cartridge and loving roast you real good in a second

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Ehud posted:

guys I am at work trying to learn how to administer our Sharepoint sites and I want to kill myself

ugh sharepoint blows

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

Having had to manage two at once in a past job, this is your superiors way of trying to have you commit suicide.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Sharepoint is the Joe Philbin of intranets.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gently caress SharePoint

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

Cutler maybe; Mariota I doubt. If Dak were on the Titans he'd have a similarly-strong run game and pass protection to work with (currently Murray is destroying it on the ground and the Titans OL are #2 in sack rate) but worse receivers. He'd probably net out OK, and I'd wager he'd do better than Mariota, despite the lack of experience. It's not like Mariota is some seasoned veteran at this point.

Dak is not better than Mariota

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Sharepoint is the Joe Philbin of intranets.

We used to have all sorts of stuff baked into our intranet easily available. Then we switched to sharepoint, and it's now 14 "easy clicks" to get to what I need. It's junk

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The fact you think these things doesn't make them true

There was some football outsiders project a few years back that showed every starter in the league except for all time terrible guys (Skelton, Lindley, etc) would turn plays with positive DVOA unpressured

im not the one spouting truisms but sure

Ralker posted:

Yeah in all this quarterback discussion it does seem like Flacco is the poster child for being able to win a lot of games with the right supporting cast. He doesn't seem like the level of quarterback who can make up for a lot of inadequacies by his team.

But I guess the real debate is the expectation of an average starting QB's abilities vs the actual play from the, say 16th best starting QB in the league today.

i used to think he would be the worst qb to ever "deserve" a 100m dollar contract but i guess with the cap always going up that won't be true forever. i love him tho

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 13, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
How terrible must Sharepoint be if that's the one thing we can all agree on?

(I barely use it and wish I didn't have to)

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

The problem with classes/presentations/seminars/etc on Microsoft products is that 95% of it is so boring and obvious that you space out and miss the 5% that actually matters. So later on when you're trying to use the product with someone else you get to that 5% and look like an rear end in a top hat.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Metapod posted:

Dak is not better than Mariota

Does anyone say Dicks out for Mariota?

I rest my case.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

back when i was running a goddamn gym for cox communication i had to go in for a sharepoint info-lunch or whatever. during a break i asked "why in the world do I need to be in here?"

the instructor just looked at me and said, "If they have to suffer, you do too."

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Confluence + Google Drive + 1Password is perfect for IT stuff...why the gently caress are you dealing with Sharepoint.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Manhoods out for Mariota

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
At least you dont have to deal with Google Apps for business :suicide:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kirios posted:

Confluence + Google Drive + 1Password is perfect for IT stuff...why the gently caress are you dealing with Sharepoint.

Sometimes those decisions are out of your hands.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Every day of my life I do.

It's still better than Sharepoint.

Nov 6, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Google Apps is great if you're willing to never, ever leave the browser.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WHOOPS posted:

Sometimes those decisions are out of your hands.

Nobody ever got fired for choosing Microsoft

Nov 6, 2002

Azhais posted:

Nobody ever got fired for choosing Microsoft

Even if you are balls to the walls all in on the Microsoft ecosystem, Sharepoint is still a bad idea!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chichevache posted:

What's worse: the eternal frustration of not having a franchise QB, or the realization that you found a perfectly spherical one and he's being ruined by an incompetent team?

Def bad team. If we had a good team but no qb, there'd always be the hope that next year's free agent sign might put you over the hump, plus you'd still have the defense to root for.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Azure in general is the biggest piece of poo poo I've ever had the misfortune of trying to integrate with.

AWS may be pricy but it is significantly easier to network to and from (other than lack of edge to edge routing....ugh) compared to any other service out there.

As I've gotten deeper and deeper into IT I've lost more and more respect for Microsoft services. Hell, even Visio is easily replaced by OmniGraffle. It's just not worth the hassle, most of the time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gynecolojustice posted:

Manhoods out for Mariota

Don't you make this a thing!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Mariota has had some periods where he has just looked goddamn awesome that Dak really hasn't had yet, but Dak hasn't had the total spaz moments that Mariota continues to have either.

The Cowboys, God help me, are so much better run top to bottom than the Titans that it's hard to compare them fairly. The Titans are mismanaged at nearly a Browns level of stupid and lazy, while the Cowboys seem to be doing a good job of keeping Jerry away from everything but the executive liquor cabinet and Garrett is boringly mediocre rather than disastrously idiotic.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

im not the one spouting truisms but sure

Nah bruh you're just getting petulant when you're presented with actual evidence

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Jesus loving christ, football thread! God drat!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Mariota has had some periods where he has just looked goddamn awesome that Dak really hasn't had yet, but Dak hasn't had the total spaz moments that Mariota continues to have either.

The Cowboys, God help me, are so much better run top to bottom than the Titans that it's hard to compare them fairly. The Titans are mismanaged at nearly a Browns level of stupid and lazy, while the Cowboys seem to be doing a good job of keeping Jerry away from everything but the executive liquor cabinet and Garrett is boringly mediocre rather than disastrously idiotic.

Your utter disgust for the titans organization despite having 0 emotional attachment is just fascinating

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Nah bruh you're just getting petulant when you're presented with actual evidence

:crossarms:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Metapod posted:

Your utter disgust for the titans organization despite having 0 emotional attachment is just fascinating

I also find myself having extremely negative emotions towards Exotic Smashmouth despite having no emotional attachment to the team. Hell, if anything I want to like them because the Colts can go to hell, they don't deserve it right now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
A look at Packers offensive woes (really only Packers fans will be interested in the details here, but I quoted the most pertinent part for all the other readers here)

quote:

From 2008 to this week in 2016, Aaron Rodgers has attempted 63 "deep passes" (meaning the target was at least 15 yards downfield) on 2nd or 3rd down, 1 - 2 yards to go. On those passes, Rodgers is 27 of 63 for 848 yards, 13 TDs to 3 INTs.

To give you an idea of just how aggressive this is:
  • Tom Brady is 15 of 27 for 448 yards, 3 TDs to 1 INT over the same time frame.
  • Peyton Manning is 5 of 13 for 143 yards, 2 TDs to 1 INT.
  • Ben Roethlisberger is 12 of 21 for 417 yards, 2 TDs to 2 INTs.
  • Drew Brees is 9 of 12 for 253 yards, 3 TDs to 0 INTs.

Digging deeper, on 3rd down period, Green Bay has attempted 279 deep passes total. Of those, 67 were with 0-3 yards to go, or 24% of their deep passes on 3rd down were with < 3 yards to go.
The Patriots have attempted 184 passes on 3rd down, and only 26 were 0-3 yards, or 14%.
The Steelers? 47 of 295, or 15.9%.
The Saints? 27 of 274, or 9.9%.

Is anyone seeing a pattern? Green Bay throws deep on 3rd and short more than any other team in the league, by a huge margin. Rodgers and McCarthy like to take deep shots, even at the cost of the continuing the drive. This is a core tenet of the Rodgers/McCarthy offense.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
What's Alex Smith's splits in that situation, tell me now

Nov 6, 2002

I would have thought Ben would have way more. What about Flaccid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Google Apps is great if you're willing to never, ever leave the browser.

Some of us work for global mega-corps that won't even allow us to use Chrome as a browser. Pretty soon they're going to be transitioning away from Lotus Notes :shepicide:

• Locked thread