Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, I've hit 200 legendary marks now and what is a good purchase if I've already bought one of the vendor ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

If you have any armor armor that's not 350 yet, grab that. Otherwise the crucible hand cannon and sniper are real good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol mine looked nothing like that when I cut off the skin

:chloe:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's no traveler to give us advanced real doll tech

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

They probably just need to do something with shotguns
It's criminal that impact is tied to RoF with them as opposed to range. Shotguns that roll high range should hit like cotton and low range hit like a brick when you're literally on top of someone. As is, I deal with a lot of awful connection issues where I'm redbar (I have the best internet available in my location, and it is junk) and everyone else is superstar which I can die on the inside about then move on but suffering even the tiniest bit of damage and getting finished off by a shotgun from across a room good and truly gets me butthurt, and the addition of Supremacy communicates clearly that the issue is going to get much worse before getting better.

And oh yeah, sniper flinch was a deliberate Monkey's Paw. Could it be any more passive-aggressive? No.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hulk Krogan posted:

If you have any armor armor that's not 350 yet, grab that. Otherwise the crucible hand cannon and sniper are real good.

List of pro vendor buys:

Crucible handcannon
Crucible Sniper
FWC scout
Dead Orbit shotgun

List of potential tier two buys that could be ok:

Crucible scout
Vanguard scout
DO scout
Crucible shotgun?

I'm not howl so I don't remember anything else but that's a quick and dirty summary.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
It is by the will of MoistTurtleneck alone that I set my fusion rifle in motion.

And what did you expect from ME?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Post gifv you doofus.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Nvm got one

el B fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 13, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Someone should take the audio from the ore release video where the dev is talking about how you'll be doing stuff and your buddies will seamlessly drop in to assist with shooting the big dudes...

and layer it over a video of a dude walking from the outside of the forge to the inside with a random pubbie and the pubbie disappears on the stairs transition point so the guy ends up walking into an empty forge instance.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
I got a Waltz with some pretty decent perks, I just wish it had a little more stability. I can see why this archetype is considered top tier though

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I hope that's addressed in Destiny 2. I usually just drop down below and then come back up to find Archon's Forge groups, but last night I was wandering around and headed that way and I ended up walking with some other dude. We waved at each other and kept going and he just vanished at the top of the stairs, leaving me alone at the arena. Love those instances.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Someone should take the audio from the ore release video where the dev is talking about how you'll be doing stuff and your buddies will seamlessly drop in to assist with shooting the big dudes...

and layer it over a video of a dude walking from the outside of the forge to the inside with a random pubbie and the pubbie disappears on the stairs transition point so the guy ends up walking into an empty forge instance.

Or do a video of being one of those buddies in orbit, mashing the "join fireteam" button and being refused because their friend is "in matchmaking" or "game is full" then saying "gently caress it I'm just going to spam invites to pull him out of that boss fight."

Their network code is pretty impressive with its ability to add and remove players on the fly, but it does have some frustrating limitations.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That literally happened to me last night. I was in the Archon's Forge hallway disking around in my menu when some random person started shooting me and then pointing up towards AF, him and his buddy jumped up and down a few times and we walked up the stairs just as we enter the room, the two other players completely vanish and I'm in AF all by my self.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

kzin602 posted:

That literally happened to me last night. I was in the Archon's Forge hallway disking around in my menu when some random person started shooting me and then pointing up towards AF, him and his buddy jumped up and down a few times and we walked up the stairs just as we enter the room, the two other players completely vanish and I'm in AF all by my self.

Really makes you think

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Really makes you think

...think about how much better Destiny would be with a even slightly better matchmaking backend.

Now that my dudes are all at 350-353 light, should I be doing AF or would striked be better for getting my LL up? Searching for Archons Forge Loot or Archon's Forge Drops only seems to have resources on how to DO Archons Forge, not what I can actually get there, all I've gotten so far are 351 Titan Towels and Warlock Bonds.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 13, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

kzin602 posted:

...think about how much better Destiny would be with a even slightly better matchmaking backend.

Wouldn't change the bitching or the lagging one single bit so why should they bother?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:allears:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

kzin602 posted:

Now that my dudes are all at 350-353 light, should I be doing AF or would striked be better for getting my LL up? Searching for Archons Forge Loot or Archon's Forge Drops only seems to have resources on how to DO Archons Forge, not what I can actually get there, all I've gotten so far are 351 Titan Towels and Warlock Bonds.

You should just do Heroic Strike playlist until you hit 365. You're guaranteed at least 2 blues at the end of each strike that are higher LL than what you're at currently, up to 365. After that you can do Forge or Raid or Faction rank ups to get from 365 to 385.

Forge would probably be too dependent on whether or not you find random pubs to grind with you, and you're not guaranteed loot doing an offering (loot is randomly given to any of the participants, kind of like Crucible).

Edit: To answer your question re: loot in Archon's Forge, you can get class items up to 385, or weapons you can only get via Forge up to 365. The sniper (But Not Forgotten) and the FR (Saladin's Vigil) are considered top weapons in PvP.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

kzin602 posted:

Now that my dudes are all at 350-353 light, should I be doing AF or would striked be better for getting my LL up?

Wwwwwwhat? You should be playing as only one character, getting it to max light, then dragging your alts behind it with garbage gear.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

kzin602 posted:

Same but Wrecks' mom's backend

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just gotta tighten up that matchmaking on level three.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

qbert posted:

You should just do Heroic Strike playlist until you hit 365. You're guaranteed at least 2 blues at the end of each strike that are higher LL than what you're at currently, up to 365. After that you can do Forge or Raid or Faction rank ups to get from 365 to 385.

Crucible drops higher than 365 too.

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, I've hit 200 legendary marks now and what is a good purchase if I've already bought one of the vendor ghosts?

Upgrade materials because wearing a ghost to farm them is a very good waste of time.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Datto did a big breakdown on primary usage in the raid. Apparently, Outbreak nanites do not count Aksis as Fallen, so you don't get the 5x bonus on him.

Vosik does have this bonus, so Outbreak does nearly as much DPS on him as 9 sleeper headshots(!!!). He ends up recommending running Chaos Dogma with a Sleeper for Aksis. For NM, the DPS check is lenient enough that you can realistically run whatever the gently caress you want, though.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Emron posted:

Vosik does have this bonus, so Outbreak does nearly as much DPS on him as 9 sleeper headshots(!!!). He ends up recommending running Chaos Dogma with a Sleeper for Aksis. For NM, the DPS check is lenient enough that you can realistically run whatever the gently caress you want, though.

Chaos Dogma isn't particularly fun to use though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Brine posted:

i thought that gun was gonna own bones and the AR was gonna suck but it turns out I had it all backwards

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Brine posted:

Gospel. NM, just run wtfever and apologize never.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://i.imgur.com/gcuT8tF.gifv

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

i thought that gun was gonna own bones and the AR was gonna suck but it turns out I had it all backwards

The AR is so great. I've been using it basically full time on the raid lately so I can run a sword or sleeper.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even in HM use whatever you want.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Is dropping in/out of ADS like a trained PvP habit to check radar? I think I do the same thing but don't know if I ever realized it or why.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It's pretty dumb that the last boss of a Fallen raid isn't technically Fallen though. Also if you wanna get up in his face, the dark drinker spin attack hits every limb + his body so it outpaces anything else for DPS

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Is dropping in/out of ADS like a trained PvP habit to check radar? I think I do the same thing but don't know if I ever realized it or why.

Nah while ADs you strafe like molasses so especially with fusions knowing when to ADS to shoot and still be accurate is kinda key.

It's one reason why the new perk trees own, you can run rifled/braced and single point sling at the same time.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

It's pretty dumb that the last boss of a Fallen raid isn't technically Fallen though. Also if you wanna get up in his face, the dark drinker spin attack hits every limb + his body so it outpaces anything else for DPS

Um he's ascended to godhood via siva he's not really fallen any more bruh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is hard mode out

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Super No Vacancy posted:

is hard mode out

No, next Tuesday.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Wwwwwwhat? You should be playing as only one character, getting it to max light, then dragging your alts behind it with garbage gear.

This, a thousand times. Unless you're getting all your dudes up via Iron Banner, it's better to get one dude to 365 and do some more strikes and send the excess gear to your alts.

Iron banner drooped so much poo poo all my dudes went from 365~ to 379~ by the time they were done.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

This, a thousand times. Unless you're getting all your dudes up via Iron Banner, it's better to get one dude to 365 and do some more strikes and send the excess gear to your alts.

Iron banner drooped so much poo poo all my dudes went from 365~ to 379~ by the time they were done.

Just get one character super high and then dump off the poo poo you get thats duplicates or useless poo poo to your alts.

I think my titan is 380ish. I opened like 3 exotics and packages and transferred my artifact and ghost and ran all 3 through IB. The lowest char I have is like 375 and I think I've got like 1 raid run under my belt.

I'd really like shotguns to just gently caress right off in pvp. Just even like a little bit. Playing bitch mode and keeping distance with a pulse or trading because of lag with a shotgun isnt fun.

I miss the golden age of handcanons and ARs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Sylphosaurus posted:

The crucible vendor hand canon "Palindrome" is very solid for PvP

• Locked thread